Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Maveth

• Start Topic

In that promo, that's Will walking beside Fitz. So we know Fitz finds Will.

So, if that is Will, then he isn't the Inhuman It then and also not some kind of illusion/manifest by It? Well maybe he will turn out to be Hydra, but after spending 14 yeas on a planet that is basically night, he might just joined SHIELD? 

Edited by TVSpectator

This is just what Fitz didn't want to happen. Besides saving Will being the right thing to do, he wanted to be chosen, not be Jemma's choice by default. And Jemma's not happy which means Fitz is not happy.

Well, Coulson killed Ward, but his body's sticking around.

• Love 6

Ward is dead! I don't care that the thing on the planet is in his body, Ward is still dead!! I'll take it! Yaaaaay! I haven't been so happy since Todd was strangled on Breaking Bad!

At least the stupid love triangle ended before it really began.

• Love 10

For a shit second there I thought Coulson would end up being reveled as the creature - just because of that super dark look he had while hugging May.. but than they used the obvious choice, which is still fine by me.

Was Jemma looking for Will or Fitz? I guess we'll never know.

Overall good episode.

Mack did an awesome job as the director!- I loved all his lines. I wonder if the show will ever revisit it, will Coulson make him 2nd in command now or is he 3rd in command?

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

Oh God, the Ward plot got so much worse this episode.  His newfound conversion to Hydra's true cause was too swift and made no sense.  I know he's nuts, but I couldn't even figure out what he was so goddamn impressed with on the blue planet.  And then his death wasn't even satisfying because Coulson was being completely stupid by wasting time he should have spent hauling ass towards the portal.  Which gave the Mystery Human (I guess?) another dead body to possess.

And speaking of zombie Ward, we're supposed to think that the Inhuman only possesses dead people right?  Which is why Will wasn't possessed until Jemma left?  That would probably explain why it's associated with the word "death" too.

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Love 3

oh... Zombie Ward, I was afraid of that when they showed that black stuff melting on the planet. It must take over the body of dead people (so after Will died it controlled him). I'm kind of disappointed that Will is dead, not because I wanted a love triangle but he was an interesting character.

I liked Coulson killing Ward, just wish it stuck. I guess he did really kill him, since this isn't ward but the creature. How did it escape the planet? You'd think it would take a few minutes to take over Ward. And Fitz and Coulson barely made it as it is. Then Shield blew up the portal?

I loved Fitz kicking that things ass though. Always good to see. I kind of wish Simmon's got her chance. Instead of her letting Andrew out it would have been if she escaped on her own.

I also loved Mac taking charge. And Hunter proving that the figures were them lol.

Over all good episode. And I can't wait until the next half.

• Love 4

Well, they did kill Ward.  Manually crushed internal organs I did not anticipate.  Cold, Coulson.  But yes, they should have been running like crazy for the portal.

Sorry that Will was killed.  He was a good character.  I wish it had been him interacting with Fitz.

LOL at Hunter waving at the thermal imaging camera. 

• Love 6

If the portal was closing with seconds to go as Coulson/Fitz went through it, how did the worm/Goa'uld/whatever crawl from "IT"s body to Ward's body and then manage to re-animate it -- AND -- make it to the portal -- AND -- survive the collapse of the castle -- AND -- race far down the road so that he could block the road in front of Malick's car.  What ..... is "IT" part the Flash too ?

ETA:  I like the nickname Zombie Ward.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 10

And speaking of zombie Ward, we're supposed to think that the Inhuman only possesses dead people right?  Which is why Will wasn't possessed until Jemma left?  That would probably explain why it's associated with the word "death" too.

That's why Hydra sent the 'sacrifices' through the portal over the centuries: Fresh Bodies.

• Love 5

I may not have been paying attention. Why did Coulson leave his hand with Ward's body? "Well . . . .I'd piss on you, but I'm short on time, and I got a few spares back home, so . . . "

Good way to end this part of the season. Here's hoping Agent Carter doesn't overshadow the show too much.

• Love 5

Coulson killed Ward, but Ward is still around because now he's the ancient monster.

Simmons freeing Lash wasn't the smartest thing, but hey she had to survive.  I'll admit I was hoping she would have freed the other Inhumans and led them on a battle against HYDRA.  Speaking of Simmons, I did like the reunion hug between her and Daisy.  Would have liked to have seen Mack and Daisy's reaction to Coulson and Fitz returning.

• Love 4

So Ward's body is now possessed by The Dark One goo, err Inhuman death worm.

Amazing episode, but I'm disappointed we are not getting more Dillon Casey.

Coulson saying 'welcome to Tatuione' and then Mack calling Daisy's team "the power rangers" were great.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

The Walking Ward? Really? I think I literally disturbed my neighbors I burst out laughing so hard at the reveal. 

Sucks that Will is dead, but at least it means no more love triangle. 

Awwww May and Coulson hug!

I love Joey. I was so scared he would bite it after he declared himself bullet proof. More of him next year!

• Love 5

Well, I guess they really killed Ward after-all, even if his body is sticking around.  I guess that's a good thing, but I'm kind of bummed that they ended up doing the whole "Kill Rosalind thing," and make it be Coulson who did, because I still think it would have been awesome if someone unexpected like Fitz or Simmons, were the ones to finish him off.  Of course, now Ward is this "Maveth" thing, so that's one way to keep Brett Dalton around.  But I wonder how much use this thing is going to have for Gideon and Hydra.

Also, Andrew Lash is now back out there.  I get that if she didn't release him, Simmons probably would have been done for, but I wonder how she is going to feel knowing she more or less sacrificed those Inhumans for her own life.  And I have to think Melinda ain't going to wait for too long before trying to hunt him down again.

Loved Mack stepping up as the acting director, and I thought he did a good job all things considering.  Plus, he wisely teamed himself up with Bobbi and Hunter, which I approve, because those three crack me up together.  I totally watch the spin-off of those three, if the show ever gets too crowded.  Plus, he nicknamed Daisy, Lincoln, and Joey the "Power Rangers", which I approve.  Especially because I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln probably hates that.  He strikes me as someone who would.

Daisy staying to help Mack was a nice touch, since those two really seemed to have gotten close throughout this season.

Pleasantly surprised none of the good guys (not including the real Will) got killed off.  Was worried for Joey, but not only is he alive, he's bulletproof!  Yay, Joey!

Curious to see where the reason of this season goes, but I'm equally looking forward to catching up with Peggy Carter!  And Jarvis! 

• Love 8

Coulson was being completely stupid by wasting time he should have spent hauling ass towards the portal.

That was pretty frustrating to watch.  Just put a bullet through his skull already and haul ass out of there before you're old enough to get your social security checks sent to you on that planet.  And I wasn't too pleased seeing Zombie Ward at the end either.

• Love 5

I will say, it ended a) just as I'd hoped and b) just as I expected. Not to say it was bad though. They ramped up everything to a point midway through that I had a knot in my stomach. I was really scared there for Fitz and Coulson. Hell, I was half scared there for Mack and Daisy too.

I am doing a little happy dance that Ward is dead, even if the body's still moving. And I am curious to see where they go with "Ward" now.

But, alas, I won't get those answers for another three months. Until then, I enjoy some fun in the Forties sun with Peggy, the Jarvises Sousa and whoever else they introduce in Season Two of "Agent Carter".

• Love 8

I love Joey. I was so scared he would bite it after he declared himself bullet proof. More of him next year!

God I loved his geeking out at melting the bullets, "I'm Bulletproof!"

I'm happy for Brett Dalton, not only is he sticking around, he gets to play his third character on the show.

• Love 15

Huge twists my ass! Everyone saw that a mile away. But again we follow spoilers so...

I was so scared for Fitz the entire episode. So glad he is okay and as soon as Jemma can get over Fitz shooting her boy-toy, they can move on - with each other.

• Love 2

I don't know how I feel. On the one hand, this episode was awesome. Practically everyone was together. Joey got to be a hero. There were some killer lines like "What ya know, Tattooine" and "I'm bulletproof!" Fitz was brave, Jemma made some hard choices, and Mack was an excellent choice as Director.

But. Jemma let Andrew out? Fitz didn't instantly have warning signals when Will started talking about the ancient cities? How did Will know who Fitz was? Did he take his memories, because if he did that's trouble for our gang. And poor Will, kudos to those of you who called Will's death at the end of the last episode we saw him in. I didn't actually think they were going to go there.

Ward's death, is what I am really mixed feelings about. I didn't want redemption for Ward, but I wanted something more than him dying on a blue planet with Coulson crushing his chest. I really wanted him saving Fitz's life. I wanted the circular event of him destroyed Fitz's life to be him choosing to be destroyed to save Fitz. I mean, I'm not delusional, I know Ward had already decided to take a path were he probably would have saved himself over Fitz but damn. A crushed chest by Coulson.

I'm just glad we know Coulson isn't evil by ways of Will. That last look he gave Fitz was pretty dark.

Well, they did kill Ward.  Manually crushed internal organs I did not anticipate.  Cold, Coulson.  But yes, they should have been running like crazy for the portal.

Sorry that Will was killed.  He was a good character.  I wish it had been him interacting with Fitz.

LOL at Hunter waving at the thermal imaging camera. 

1. They are Sylaring, Ward and I absolutely, positively do not like it. Let the man die. Let him die and be gone. Just get rid of him. Just throw him off a cliff and set the body on fire then scatter the ashes to the four winds and exorcise his soul so he can never return.  

I knew they were going to pull this stunt when Phil wouldn't put him down.  I'm sure they love the actor but there was no way in hell they were going to get rid of him. I immediately thought, "Oh, it's going to jump into Ward's body and now it has an important piece of SHIELD tech that Phil decided to leave behind because SHIELD has tons of money to make him other hands ..." Like? Who does that? Who? What more can you do to a character? "Oh but it's not the same see, it's that monster in his body!" THAT IS WARD'S BODY. It probably knows what Ward knows so it's still Ward.  Will knew who "Fitz" was so yeah. 

Get a new villain. Quit holding on to Ward in any incarnation. Just move on! 

2.  That was the longest "minute" ever. There is a portal closing and you want to stand there and wax philosophical.  How incredibly stupid. Kill the man and be done with it. You are SHIELD. You are military. JUST PULL THE TRIGGER AND MOVE.  No! No! Let me crush his chest cavity dramatically then throw my bionic hand next to him because I can always just pull another one out of my butt!

3.  Daisy forgot that thing gave her a splitting headache and made her nose bleed. How do you forget that sort of thing? Oh wait, special snowflake must stay behind to make dramatic entrance. 

4.  I will forgive Simmons for Lash but only because her life was in danger.  However, I hope she doesn't easily forgive herself. 

5.  I love Dillion Casey and I am sad to see him go.

• Love 7

Mack is awesome. He should be in charge all of the time.

Nice job Coulson, you couldn't shoot Ward in the face as soon as you saw him or as soon as you saw Fitz but instead you decide to waste time later crushing his sternum.

Evil Ward is now Eeveel Ward...

I really liked Joey, still not feeling Lincoln. Plus he tried to get snarky with Mack.

So Coulson will need to go deal with his manpain leaving Mack as the Director forever right...

Edited by miracole
  • Love 2

This was a good team episode.  Mack was a worthy appointee as director, and I really like the Daisy and Mack partnership.  They work well together.  May as always held the field work together.  I'm glad Simmons got to free herself, and I can understand the self-preservation motive behind letting Andrew loose.  I liked the look at the end where it was clear she felt the responsibility for what she did.  She knew people were going to die if she unleashed Lash, but she hoped they'd be Hydra.  Joey is the addition I'm most interested in, and I liked both his nervousness and sincerity.  He was so intent on trying to figure out what their mission was, running through scenarios. 

I also thought it might be Coulson for a second before the stinger.

That's why Hydra sent the 'sacrifices' through the portal over the centuries: Fresh Bodies.

Interesting.  I'd been assuming it ate people, but perhaps they were only ever hosts.  I wonder how long it can keep them fresh before it needs a new host.  It clearly can't allow them to heal (and Zombie Will's leg effects were gross and effective).  It takes on memories, so presumably it new Malick was on its side and ready to provide it whatever help it required.  I also liked the confirmation from Malick that everyone he just sent through, Ward included, was his latest sacrifice.

• Love 3

Joey is adorable! And I absolutely love comic relief!Hunter. I really hope the Huntingbird spin-off doesn't happen because they're too awesome on this show.

I was not expecting that chest cracking sound effect when Ward died, but I'm glad Brett Dalton gets to stay on the show for at least another half season. I dunno what they can do with him after this though. 

I loved this episode and I'm very very happy that Fitz didn't die or get trapped on the planet. March is so far away though!

• Love 2

I was really expecting Fitz to die and was tense the whole episode. Thank goodness for small miracles.

I realize that Maveth is pronounced with a short "a" sound (or more of an umlauted a), but in my head I hear someone with a lisp trying to say Mavis. So now that Ward's dead, that's how I'm going to refer to Zombie!Ward in my head canon. "I am...Mavith."

Edited by kennyab
  • Love 4

I'm not sure how to feel about this episode.  As mentioned above, how the hell did the Ward/creature end up making it through the portal as well?

While I don't dislike Coulson, I was kind of hoping that he and Ward wouldn't make it.  I'm still pissed they killed Rosalind but figured it kind of worked if Coulson just didn't make it back.  Also not liking the Stargate ripoff creature.  Hopefully it does more than just reanimate bodies.  Towards the end I was kind of thinking that the creature took over Coulson or Fitz (or both).  Which in Coulson's case would again make a kind of sense. 

That said, I like seeing our Inhumans at work.  Sad we didn't get a few more.  Also kind of sad that that's all Lash really does is kill inhumans.  Would have like it if we saw some hope there that while he might not be good, he was a bit less one-dimensional. 

Also, I kind of hope they keep Mack as Director.  I know it won't stick but I really like him in the role.

You know, it's weird...at time it felt like they were cost-saving with all of the off-camera fights that happened.

I found the mission on the alien world to be disappointing and I was a little underwhelmed by this episode although it finished strong.

Glad Coulson killed Ward, who deserved it.  My guess is once Maveth is dealt with, that will officially be the end of the Ward character on this show.

Fitz mouthing off to Ward was very entertaining.

Joey is already a much better and more fun character than Lincoln the Bore.

• Love 2

This episode was fun and I hope we get to see more of It!Ward. Although, part of me was wondering if Fitz and/or Coulson got infected too because of that long stare at the end and also the gash on Fitz's head, but they are probably not infected. That being said, yeah I was kind of expecting of Will coming over, but as soon as he was taking about the ancient cities you kind of got the idea that he wasn't who he said he was. IMO, too bad and also it kind of sucks for Jemma because she isn't going to get her Will back.

As with what  happened back on Earth, well it seems that the portal stayed open longer than a minute (and if it was a minute it had to be the longest in the MCU) and also I feel that Daisy did remember what happen to her but she decided to make the sacrifice (if need be) to keep the portal open. That being said how did It!Ward made it back and was also able to go outside of a collapsing castle and make it down the road to greet Gideon in such a short amount of time?

edit:

I have a question, did Jemma have her wooden shiv (the one that she brought back from planet Death?) when she cut herself free and also escape (what appears to be) the tent she was being held in?

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

Looks like I got what I asked for. Kung Fu Grip Coulson literally Crushed. Ward's. Soul. Complete with Mic...I mean Hand Drop! But, then again, Ward is now VoldeWard. Be careful what you wish for, etc.

Happy I called it in "Closure ". Off to play the lottery now.

• Love 8

I am so relieved.. I can't deny that all the spoilers we have gotten could also have pointed to Fitz's demise. Logically it didn't make sense but sometimes all there is to fear is fear itself.

I wonder how they will drag them out now. I guess Jemma needs to mourn Will and also she must be feeling even more guilty knowing Will died saving her - provided Fitz tells her that. Also Fitz will wonder if won by default which could also provide a rift. I predict Jemma grieving in 3x11 and Fitz takes it as a sign that she wanted Will and so begins their journey until the season finale when they finally get together just to be taken apart by something else - like being on opposite sides of Civil War.

• Love 1

Was Jemma looking for Will or Fitz? I guess we'll never know.

She walked past Fitz to look in the unit so I thought she was looking for Will.

I may not have been paying attention. Why did Coulson leave his hand with Ward's body? "Well . . . .I'd piss on you, but I'm short on time, and I got a few spares back home, so . . . "

I took it as a "dropping the mic" moment.  Basically, 'I killed you're sorry ass and now it's through."  Alternatively, if want to get deep about it, he probably didn't want to be reminded of Ward every time he looked at his hand.  

I give them points for not leaving Ward's fate unrevealed since it was so bloody obvious.  I do have to agree, though, completely implausible he made it through the portal with no one noticing.  Daisy had to be holding the portal open for Coulson and Fitz to make it back so if she wasn't gone there was no way to get through.

Unfortunately, Ward's not completely gone.  Fitz's interaction with Terminator Will proves that the creature has the memories of it's host, and either mimics or inherits the personality of its host, so I doubt we're through with Ward's Cara and daddy issues.

Best laugh of night was Mack not knowing what to do when Bobbi ran off to take care of Hydra.

• Love 3

Also, someone pointed out on Tumblr that the MCUs obession with the number 12 continues, with Jemma mentioning that Hydra is "12 seconds" off on their calculations. The number 12 has been used although the MCU, usually just in dialogue, but its always 12. I swear, either this is just some kind of weird running gag, or a giant robot in space is going to tell everyone that the meaning of life is 12 in the last ever MCU movie.  

• Love 3

Yeah Will was Will with Jemma, but he died when It attacked them, while Fitz pulled her out of the portal. When he was left behind It killed him and took his form and also his memories.

So in this episode we saw It posing as Will.

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 4

Dumb question but was Will ever Will? Did the creature definitely kill him after Jemma left or was he always the creature?

He said Will died when Jemma returned.

She walked past Fitz to look in the unit so I thought she was looking for Will.

She didn't see anyone else but Mack and Daisy walking out so she looked inside. She didn't see Fitz come out. I need to rewatch though.

Edited by Fogh

For a shit second there I thought Coulson would end up being reveled as the creature - just because of that super dark look he had while hugging May..

That was my initial thought as well.

I was so scared for Fitz the entire episode. So glad he is okay and as soon as Jemma can get over Fitz shooting her boy-toy, they can move on - with each other.

I'm not sure that's going to happen very quickly. Honestly, I don't think it's Fitz shooting Not!Will that will upset Jemma and distract her. It's her own actions - the look on her face when she realized all those Inhumans died because she let Lash out of his containment box seemed to indicate to me that she's going to be feeling that responsibility pretty heavily. 

• Love 3

Things pretty much shook out as expected.  I'm glad Fitz is OK, because I was very worried for him.  I'm glad Ward is dead, though I found that scene very frustrating.  Like others, I was practically yelling at my TV, "Portal closing, guys!  Why are you still staring at Ward?!"  There was a remarkable lack of concern about making it to the portal that took me out of the episode.

I was disappointed the possible clues about Will not being a golden boy astronaut (not having changed from the old photo, possible Hydra connection with the mission, being cagey about the no-fly zone) came to nothing.  It does make his story very depressing though ...  I'm not sure if Jemma was supposed to be looking for Fitz or Will or both, but I can't blame her for looking so sad when she's gotten confirmation that the person who saved her life is dead, whether or not she was planning to pursue a relationship with him.  Still, I wish she could've had the opportunity to choose Fitz for both their sakes.  I also have mixed feelings about her releasing Andrew/Lash, but at least it's clear she is also having mixed feelings about it.

Mack, Hunter, and Bobbi were all great.  The three of them together are always so much fun.  I also enjoyed the "power rangers" and Joey's bulletproof moment.

I hope zombie Ward acts a little bit differently from the Ward we know, because I am way past sick of that Ward.

This episode didn't engage me as fully as some of the others this season (which to be fair, in my opinion has been the best so far), but I'm still looking forward to spring.  And hell yes to Agent Carter in January, of course!

Edited by Senna
  • Love 2

I'm not sure that's going to happen very quickly. Honestly, I don't think it's Fitz shooting Not!Will that will upset Jemma and distract her. It's her own actions - the look on her face when she realized all those Inhumans died because she let Lash out of his containment box seemed to indicate to me that she's going to be feeling that responsibility pretty heavily. 

She is going too feel a myriad of feelings - not a new thing though. She will feel guilty for the Lash thing, guilty she is alive and Will died to save her (provided Fitz tells her, but I think he will or it is indicated that he did). She also has to grieve Will and maybe she'll be angry with Fitz that the Inhuman made it back (when they figure it out) even if he did kill it. Then there is also the issue with Fitz feeling like he won by default. Would Jemma have chosen Will? Is is destined to live in his shadow.

Lots of angst in the future for these two - what else is new.. hehe

maybe she'll be angry with Fitz that the Inhuman made it back (when they figure it out) even if he did kill it

Frankly, I'd blame Coulson for that. By killing Ward instead of leaving him there to a fate all alone, Coulson gave the planet a dead body for "It" to inhabit. Not that Coulson knew, but it's still more his "fault" than Fitz's. Fitz did everything he could.

• Love 4

That ancient city, though! Whoa. And once there were nine!

Where were they? What happened there? Who or what exactly is the Not!Ward? I admit these are the things I'm probably most interested in right now.

Because if they are going to eventually battle the Not!Ward, they will need a lot more intel... which means they will likely go back to the planet!

Overall a solid episode, I felt. I feel a bit cheated that Will had to die, but loved every other second of it.

I'm off to do some armchair research into the Marvel Universe. I'll see you guys in the Speculation or Spoilers thread!

• Love 5

Like others, I was practically yelling at my TV, "Portal closing, guys!  Why are you still staring at Ward?!"  There was a remarkable lack of concern about making it to the portal that took me out of the episode.

I just...can't with this detail.  It was so, so stupid.  Especially since there was no reason to take the time to kill Ward at all.  He likely would have died if left stranded on the Blue Planet anyway, so taking the time to crush his chest was unnecessary.  And I just couldn't buy Rosalind (for as much as I liked her character) as this love whose loss drove Coulson to start acting so out of character.  Ward had hurt so many people on Coulson's team without Coulson ever losing his cool, but then Rosalind dies and It's Just Too Much.  And those dream sequences were seriously heavy handed.  They never set up any deep feelings between Coulson and Rosalind before last week, so it annoyed me how much they tried to retroactively establish that dynamic.  It didn't work for me at all.

• Love 8

I liked how Coulson asked of Ward, "How many people? All those that you've killed..." That to me was more powerful than just seeing Rosalind. I think they should have had Coulson flash on everyone he'd cared about that Ward had a hand in killing. I mean, I figure they were going for the Big Dramatic Moment of Ward finally being killed, so if you have to take such a large amount of time (when the characters are supposed to be running for their lives to get out against the clock), then you might as well really bring it all home by showing everyone Ward has killed or destroyed in some way. 

• Love 3

Frankly, I'd blame Coulson for that. By killing Ward instead of leaving him there to a fate all alone, Coulson gave the planet a dead body for "It" to inhabit. Not that Coulson knew, but it's still more his "fault" than Fitz's. Fitz did everything he could.

Indeed but 1) Coulson couldn't have known it would take Ward as a host and make it back. 2) Fitz did agree to go in the first place. If he hadn't then they might never have gone to the planet.

• Love 4

I just...can't with this detail.  It was so, so stupid.  Especially since there was no reason to take the time to kill Ward at all.  He likely would have died if left stranded on the Blue Planet anyway, so taking the time to crush his chest was unnecessary.  And I just couldn't buy Rosalind (for as much as I liked her character) as this love whose loss drove Coulson to start acting so out of character.  Ward had hurt so many people on Coulson's team without Coulson ever losing his cool, but then Rosalind dies and It's Just Too Much.  And those dream sequences were seriously heavy handed.  They never set up any deep feelings between Coulson and Rosalind before last week, so it annoyed me how much they tried to retroactively establish that dynamic.  It didn't work for me at all.

Yeah, add me to the list of people who was screaming at Coulson to get on with it!!!

As for Coulson and Rosalind. You know, I don't think the interpretation needs to be that Rosalind's death was the impetus for Coulson to hunt down Ward *because he loved her so much*. I think, rather, it was Coulson's realization that Ward wasn't going to stop playing this sick game of his. Coulson finally understood that Ward was taking great pleasure in making SHIELD suffer in the worst ways possible. And I don't think it was just about Coulson suffering in that moment, but more about what Ward was capable of doing next, and after that, and after that. And everyone else who would have to suffer.

So it doesn't have to be read as Coulson's pain entirely, it can also be read as (in addition to) the pain he wanted to make sure wouldn't happen to anyone else anymore. It was about how sick and twisted Ward has finally become and that means there are no limits to what he is capable of. Especially as Ward *knows* the agents and knows what will hurt them the most. They actually highlighted that fact in the last episode. So really, that's how I choose to interpret it. It's not just the one thing (Rosalind's death), it's the culmination of things, and, most importantly, the prevention of things to come.

• Love 10