Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Blood vs Water

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Just finished this one. It took me a while (I think I started it before S36 started airing; oops!). It's not a reflection on the quality of the season--it was very enjoyable.

I think Tyson ran it: he was a more enjoyable Brian H. with less sucky FTC competitors. His "Doing it for Rachael" schtick got old, though.

I've made no secret, and have no shame in admitting, that I love Family Visits. LOVE them. This whole season, though, gawd ... it was ... too much. 

Also: you might remember that Brad Fuckin' Culpepper made a whole thing of "What would Monica do?" as his lodestar in Game Changers. The answer is apparently, "Nothing." (I won't discount any bias on the part of the editors. It sure didn't look like she had an interesting story, though.)

• Love 4

I just re-watched this season as well, and honestly it is one of my favorites. I loved Tyson_v3.  I normally don’t care for redemption island, but it worked so well with the pairs of loved ones - it added more dimensions to the usual strategies. The tribal council where Caleb looks at Ciera and says, “I don’t want you to go home” was SO good, as was council with the rock draw. I liked Caleb so much and it break my heart that he died so young. And I’d love to see Hayden come back and play again. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, cherrypj said:

Also: you might remember that Brad Fuckin' Culpepper made a whole thing of "What would Monica do?" as his lodestar in Game Changers. The answer is apparently, "Nothing."

Spoiler

I mentioned this in a Game Changers post...probably in the finale thread, but the Culpeppers have the exact same stats on their two seasons.  Early boot at the exact same spot in their first try, then making it to FTC in their second attempt, only to lose.

• Love 8
On 9/20/2018 at 3:22 PM, cherrypj said:

I think Tyson ran it: he was a more enjoyable Brian H. with less sucky FTC competitors. His "Doing it for Rachael" schtick got old, though.

I watched this season within the past year and the "doing it for Rachael" schtick especially got old since I'd already seen Tyson and Rachel on the Celebrity Marriage Counseling show and he treated her like dirt.

• Love 3

I’ve been watching old seasons with my kids and we just finish this one yesterday. I know this is reaching far in the past but I had a question about the reunion. Kat (Cat?) was hilariously inarticulate when Jeff asked about her comment that who wants to date someone who didn’t even make the merge. She replied talking about how there was more of her now up top or something that didn’t make a lot of sense but we were all pretty sure she meant to point out that she got a boob job. Yes? Does anyone remember?