Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Goodnight Everyone

The guy running the Ferris wheel had robbed some jewellery from the Baldwins. While giving Elizabeth a ride he saw the sheriff coming and while turning to run away gets hit on the head and killed by the Ferris wheel. All seen by Elisabeth (who was traumatised and had to jump off the Ferris wheel afterwards) as was where he hid the stolen jewellery, though I'm not clear on when she saw that. But she was able to show the sheriff where the hiding place was after being "psychoanalysed" by John Boy.

Last night I watched The Legacy.  Does Miss Emily have some sort of dementia that can easily be cured by setting her straight about Ashley Longworth?  How does she not know that that is not him, but his son, and why is humoring not considered cruel and counter productive from the beginning, which I missed?

I've always liked the idea of Ashley Longworth being a figment of Emily's imagination. John-Boy mentioned this in the short story he wrote about the Baldwins, about how the townspeople suspected that Ashley was a creation of her addled mind, but went along with it to protect her delicate state. Of course that whole idea was shot to hell when Ashley Jr. showed up.

I always wondered if he took her virginity and that's why he had to leave.

Miss Emily always mentioned a "golden shower" when she reminisced about Ashley, so that probably had a lot to do with it.

• Love 1

I always wondered if he took her virginity and that's why he had to leave.

Nah, the old man caught them kissing under that stupid big ass tree (her and Mamie talked about it once before) and that's when he made Ashley leave....

That's why she has memories of that "golden shower of leaves"...

OK, I got a question...'member when Willie Brimmer and his family came to the mountain? Well, if he's kin to Flossie (fat boarding house lady with bad arches in her feet) then how come she didn't come to his defense when he was the victim of a hate crime? She wasn't dead yet cuz she died around the same time Zeb did....Also some of the others like that dam Buck Vernon was quick to throw shade over anybody who they didn't deem "worthy" of the community....But I was surprised that Flossie wasn't even SEEN in this ep...

I'm watching "The Baptism" Such a good ep and I love that John still won't go to church except for that one time.

Oh God, did you see the way spit just came out and slobbed down his mouth as he spoke? Cringeworthy at best - and I'm also glad John stuck to his guns....But to watch Livvie get pissed and her head explode over trying to get her kids to be baptized was priceless!

• Love 2

I couldn't have lasted for five minutes listening to Rev. Bradshaw scream and carry on. I do get a kick out of him being portrayed by "Willie Loomis" from Dark Shadows.

Edited to say, "An eternity in HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLUH!"

Edited by DoughGirl

"I won't be screamed at." Great stuff!

I think I preferred John Ritter's comical sermon practicing in the front yard. "RE-PEEEENNNNT! "RE-PEEEENNNNT!"

And speaking of Rev. Fordwick, who the hell was he lusting after to the point where he had to take a cold shower and jump rope?

Maybe the woman who drove him to the mountain.

Oh no, it HAD to be one of the WALTON women. Remember the young handsome single art teacher, who was probably beating them off with a stick and was obsessed with Paris, fell for house dress, sensible shoes, and cardigan wearing frump Livvie.

That art teacher looked a little too much like the Scorpio Killer from Dirty Harry.

Or evil "Quentin Collins" from Dark Shadows. ;-)

I am surprised John was so accommodating.  I never thought of Livvie as that non-hot, but I will give it a second glance.

She could have at least changed her dress for class.

I caught a few moments of the episode where John-Boy 2.0 starts a TV department at Boatwright (whatever) and everyone's gathered around the set watching him on TV and WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE? I only recognized maybe three of them, the rest were a mystery. Oh and the evil mining guy who bought John-Boy's meadow is now the sheriff? F--- you late season episodes!

Where was John-Boy broadcasting from?

I caught a few moments of the episode where John-Boy 2.0 starts a TV department at Boatwright (whatever) and everyone's gathered around the set watching him on TV and WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE? I only recognized maybe three of them, the rest were a mystery. Oh and the evil mining guy who bought John-Boy's meadow is now the sheriff? F--- you late season episodes!

Where was John-Boy broadcasting from?

Hey, I never noticed that. I knew it was a different sheriff but didn't make the connection to Evil Mine Guy.

Was he broadcasting from Boatwright?

Anyone see the episode where they're all singing around the piano celebrating the end of the war and Elisabeth comes down all big teary eyes, gasping about how she doesn't know why she's crying but she hates war? There was something really obnoxious about it.

It's not the Boatwright Channel it's the John Boy Channel.  Silly.  

It's not even that Jim Bob built them from scratch, it's that he didn't rely on anyone else's plans.  He designed each device or communication system from scratch. In real life, someone with Jim Bob's capabilities would wind up as Bill Gates.  Jim Bob ended up the loser brother, so as not to compete for John Boy's accolades.  

I wonder what The Walton's would have been like with Jim Bob as the star and John Boy as the annoying, know it all, older brother?

• LOL 1

And Lizabeth was going thru PMS it seemed....

Ha! That explains it.

This whole idea of Jim-Bob building complicated machines and cutting edge electronic communication devices entirely from scratch is preposterous. He can do that but he can't fix the saw mill motor?

And remember when "The Genius" was visiting and tried to help the boys fix the crystal set and they just walked out on him? I always thought that was so rude and why didn't Jim Bob have it working to begin with?

And what about the time Jim Bob created a substitute for gasoline with Yancy's still? Funny, but they still kept buying gas at Ike's.

Edited by DoughGirl

This whole idea of Jim-Bob building complicated machines and cutting edge electronic communication devices entirely from scratch is preposterous. He can do that but he can't fix the saw mill motor?

It must be something like the Professor from Gilligan' s Island. He could build anything from scratch EXCEPT a boat.
  • Love 2

Watching "The Breakdown". What's up with Livvie and the Pocahontas braids? And bitching about the Haystack Gang in this episode when she was so proud when Jason first got the job. After she looked past swell headed John Boy and his vanity press book.

Watching "The Bequest" irks me every time. Each kid but JB gets three whole dollars while JB gets "well over a hundred dollars" for his college fund. And then Livvie gets all bitch faced over the other kids excitement over their three whole dollars and what they want to buy. "They're so greedy!" But JB isn't. Oh no! JB has a right to over a hundred dollars of the money. He's not greedy our Saint JB. He has a right to it. Barf! The only fair thing to do would have been to split the leftover money equally for each grandchild. The other kids are "greedy" but not one whines about JB's windfall.

Speaking of Olivia, her I cannot leave the children or I have to ask John when it comes to working drive me crazy. Can she go to the bathroom or does she have to check with John or make the children are okay before leaving the room.

The family went out of their way for John Boy to go to college, and he does not graduate. What about the other students who worked hard and got turn down for a scholarship because Mr. Saintly John Boy had to go to college. At least Jason and Mary Ellen finished their post high school education.