Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The Castle

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

If Hanzee wanted to kill the couple, why didn't he do it at the cabin before he fled it?

He's such a deadly shot.

He causes a massacre and kills off the Gerhardts and the local cops to get to Ed and Peggy when he had a gun on them at the cabin?

• Love 1

If Hanzee wanted to kill the couple, why didn't he do it at the cabin before he fled it?

He's such a deadly shot.

He causes a massacre and kills off the Gerhardts and the local cops to get to Ed and Peggy when he had a gun on them at the cabin?

He was out of bullets at the cabin. He fired at Ed at point-blank range and realized he was out of bullets.

Hanzee also shot at Peggy when they were fleeing around the corner and missed because he hit the wall.

The reason Hanzee is unable to kill Ed and Peggy despite ample opportunity and skill at killing others I think is contrivance to ensure he doesn't kill them until the last possible moment.

• Love 4

The reason Hanzee is unable to kill Ed and Peggy despite ample opportunity and skill at killing others I think is contrivance to ensure he doesn't kill them until the last possible moment.

Or they kill him.

Oddly, I bet he would rather be killed by them than by a Gerhardt or a Kansas City mobster or any cop.

How did Hanzee know about the meeting in the Motor 8? He was there in advance so couldn't have been following.

I've got a problem with this too. Unless Ped & Eggie told him? I don't remember that.

The ufo was completely unnecessary to the massacre scene. Most of the casualties had occurred when Lou shot Bear and in the real world, Lou would have put him down, if not with the first shot, then with the other shots as Bear charged him.

Maybe it was symmetry, both Rye and Bear meet their demise staring up at the lights.

Yeah how did Hanzee know about the motel? He was there before Ed and Peggy and the local yokel cops arrived.

• Love 1

It was an awesome episode.

I think was never Hanzee's intention to kill Peggy/Ed, but when they fought him/stabbed him in the cabin hes just out for their blood too.

Or he wanted them alive to setup the meeting with milligan and let the Gerheardt's crash with them.

But now he found out the cops where involved it was even better to get rid of the Gerheardt's

Its interesting btw that that Australian guy with the sunglasses survived the shootout. We must see him later i hope

Edited by GUNTER
  • Love 1

Yeah how did Hanzee know about the motel? He was there before Ed and Peggy and the local yokel cops arrived.

Hmm good point indeed he was there all ready stationed in waiting.

Ok so maybe he checked out Milligans hold up spot, checkout his room and saw the note they made about the meeting ?

Did the old scratch with a pencil thing to reveal the previous note.

• Love 1

What did Peggy mean when she spat at Lou, "You're half the reason we're in this mess!" I can't remember Lou having any direct involvement in their shenanigans. Other than trying to protect and save their lucky and dumb asses.

• Love 3
Poor Charlie's now lost his uncles, his father, and his paternal grandparents.

And his cousin Simone! I guess one of the good things about Hanzee stabbing Floyd is that she will never know that Bear killed Simone.

I must have missed Peggy stabbing Hanzee last week. (Did they show it? I thought she only contemplated doing it.)

They showed her stabbing him. Hanzee noticed Ed looking out the window at Hank and Lou creeping up to the cabin. Hanzee stood up to shoot at them. In the chaos, Peggy stabbed him in the neck with the scissors before he ran out of the cabin.

Loved all the idiot cops sitting around in their underwear talking about peeing.

• Love 5

What did Peggy mean when she spat at Lou, "You're half the reason we're in this mess!" I can't remember Lou having any direct involvement in their shenanigans. Other than trying to protect and save their lucky and dumb asses.

He had her car inspected, something she diddnt exactly like.

• Love 2

WTF a flying saucer?! This show...

But my God, this episode had such a bloodbath it rivaled Game of Thrones. The worst part was Betsy. Poor Lou and Molly. And whatever happens Lou is always going to regret that he turned and went back he was almost home.

I hope Hank makes it...

Martin Freeman was narrating?! I did not catch that!

They showed her stabbing him. Hanzee noticed Ed looking out the window at Hank and Lou creeping up to the cabin. Hanzee stood up to shoot at them. In the chaos, Peggy stabbed him in the neck with the scissors before he ran out of the cabin.

I was okay with Peggy saying she "stabbed him in the back" because a) it was the back of the neck, and b) great metaphor/pun! But I was a little annoyed that they showed Hanzee peroxiding and super gluing the side of his shoulder.

I guess I'll have to add that to the list of things I forgive because this is a story told by "an unreliable narrator," and if I was telling the story this many years later, I would want to say "stabbed him in the back" too. Heck, I do that with stories about my 70s exploits all the time, heh. And here it serves to let those of us who do not think it was a real UFO in the sense that it was a space ship--but would love it if it was a real space ship nonetheless--to continue to roll with the story/show.

What was Hank's wry line about Peggy making "us look like..." not "the Keystone cops," but something equivalent?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

But I was a little annoyed that they showed Hanzee peroxiding and super gluing the side of his shoulder.

I guess I'll have to add that to the list of things I forgive because this is a story told by "an unreliable narrator,"

Why ? SuperGlue was widely used in the Vietnam war to stop wounds from bleeding, this must been a skill Hanzee picked up from there.

Why ? SuperGlue was widely used in the Vietnam war to stop wounds from bleeding, this must been a skill Hanzee picked up from there.

I've used it myself; I was just referring to the location of the wound not matching the story or the flashbacks.
  • Love 1

Ironically, UFO conspirast Hank did not see the UFO.

I think the most unbelievable part of the episode for me was the fact that crack shot Hanzee suddenly had the aim of an imperial stormtrooper when he was firing at Peggy/Ed and Lou. Especially Lou, who was standing with no cover in the middle of the parking lot 20 yards away and Hanzee MISSED? I could've hit him with a golf ball and a seven iron.

• Love 5

Really impressive episode and the massacre was well-shot.  I love that they went their with the UFO...considering the situation playing out, it was fitting.  I thought that was Martin Freeman as the narrator and glad that it was.

The police chief was frustrating as hell even though he was over-the-top (the South Dakota necktie thing especially).  But this is a Coen Brothers production so that's to be expected.  I hope Hank makes it out of this but it's not looking too good.  I'm glad Peggy got the jump on that ass Ben...er, BENJAMIN.  It's hilarious too that they keep getting the best of Hanzee.  Poor Constance...all she wanted to do was seduce Peggy.

Charlie seems to be the last Gerhadt male standing.  I was thinking that the authorities might want to throw the book at him with all the death and chaos this war caused.  But I was thinking that if Ed ends up getting killed next week (that's up in the air), the charges against Charlie might end up being dropped.

I've used it myself; I was just referring to the location of the wound not matching the story or the flashbacks.

Pretty sure Peggy stabbed him in his left shoulder so not sure what you are getting at here..

Those arrogant cops got what was coming to them.  Those guys were an Insult to good cops everywhere.

Interesting that the chief's name was Cheney.  There aren't many characters by that name in TV and movies

I thought the first bullet just grazed Bear, but I was surprised he had so much strength after two bullets to the chest.  Maybe there were just flesh wounds, like the pokes Peggy gave Dodd.  Those, in turn, reminded me of Inigo Montoyo's sword wounds in the climatic fight in The Princess Bride!

Worst episode of the season and maybe both seasons. The narrative device fell flat, and took away from the intriguing elements of the show. The exposition felt like Fargo targeted the lowest common denominator, a 180 from the show's usual MO. It was probably meant tongue in cheek, or it was somehow Peggy's simple view or something, but it didn't work.

And the UFO, blah. I assume it will end up Meaning Something Important by the end of the season, but the timing of its appearance ended any tension in what had been a very tense scene. Peggy's reaction was a chuckle, but that's all.

I hate it when people get all turfy instead of focusing on the big picture.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 3

I think Hanzee was outside the cabin and heard them talking. 

I loved the UFO showing up and Peggy's "It's just a flyin' saucer, come on" had me lmao.  I've been listening to the Aww Geez podcast, and they interview people who live in the area.  There was a police officer back in the 70s who had an encounter with something UFO like.  The missing time, bright lights, the whole thing.  It's really interesting.  That may be why Noah wrote it into the story line. 

If those aliens have half a brain they'll skedaddle outta there, we're too crazy and violent to be bothered with. 

Please let Hank make it.  Molly can't lose her Mom and Grandpa at the same time.  

• Love 6

May I just say that I was shocked at the astounding comeptency of Ben Schmidt in taking out two Gerhart assassins and saving Ed and Peggy? Hiding and getting the drop on them was ingenious on his part. Of course, he got clobbered for his efforts, which was a bit more Schmidt-like. I guess he'll end up with that promotion after all.

Also, Floyd sporting a gun on her hip looked great but didn't really help.

• Love 8

So, from reading the above posts I take it the general consensus is that Betsy passed away. Was anyone else holding their breath for Lou to get a call on the radio that his wife was taken to the hospital?! He would have had to make a choice on what to do then. In some ways, I hope Hank and Betsy both passed, as neither could handle the grief of losing the other. Lou, as we know, ends up ok- he has Molly and rebuilds his life. I kind of hope Hank got a glimpse of that flying saucer as he took his last breaths.

So, who gets the best of Hanzee- Lou, Peggy, or the Flyin Saucer?! Nothing would surprise me at this point....maybe!

• Love 2

I honestly didn't expect Hanzee to take out Floyd. 

I got the impression that taking out Floyd was not something he wanted to do but he had to do since she insisted on coming. When Hanzee first called the Gerhardt compound and spoke to her, he told her specifically to send Bear and 12 men. When she mentioned she was coming, he took a long pause and said he couldn't guarantee her safety, which got her hackles up a bit.  Then she made of point of saying ever mission she sent her men out has been a failure and she was coming along.  

The UFO bit really did take me out of the show but even with that needle scratch this was still one of the best things on TV in a while. It wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be a KC vs Gerhardt shootout. I wonder if this means that Mike didn't fail at his task? 

I'm betting money that Simone ain't dead.

Sweet Lawd Hanzee. Da Hell! I must admit the whole Native American super tracker, super efficient killer machine with no origin story, barely speaks, whose motivations are completely unknowable and cloaked in total mystery is in full on trope territory for me now. 

The unbelievable luck of Ed and Peggy is getting to be a bit much. I will say that I really doubted Peggy's love and affection for Ed. I expected her to be a bit Lester-ish to be honest, but she truly is loyal. Liked they way she protested when one of those dumb cops called Ed a name. 

Lou is such a boss! I can't imagine what it must feel like to be surrounded by that much stupid. Stupid + incompetence + bravado = the worst combo EVER!

The death that bothered me the most was the poor store owner. Felt like he was in the clear last week but it seem he was destined to be taken out by Hanzee. 

In certain shots that parking lot to that convenience store looked like it was a skating rink - it just looked like it was covered in a thin layer of ice but I guess it was just wet and after all it was warm for March. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 6

Lou hauled off Ed to the station, leaving Peggy with only Hank as a guard and leaving her vulnerable to being attacked by Dodd and his minions. Other than that, I got nothing.

With the exception of Ben Schmidt of all people, the police have done a shit job of protecting Ed and Peggy. No wonder Peggy thinks that she and Ed would have been better off on their own.

• Love 2

Now you have me wondering about how Hanzee knew of the motor motel. That's gonna bug me!

I think Hanzee was a poor shot for a while after Peggy threw that hot water in his face.

• Love 1

That episode seriously took my breath away last night. It's a fast reaction on only one viewing, but I'm tempted to say that was one of the best hours of TV I've ever seen. It was certainly an incredible live viewing. It feels like I've been watching these characters for a lot longer than 9 episodes, which is a huge testament to the writing. When Lou mentioned Sunday dinner and I remembered that Betsy had died, I was so crushed. 

I loved the odd twist on the episode, with Martin Freeman (?) narrating no less. I can't imagine how the hell they'll end it next week, but I have faith it'll be great. 

• Love 5

I think Hanzee was outside the cabin and heard them talking. 

Would be really odd.

It looked more like Hanzee ran out of the cabin grabbed his rifle from his truck and ran trough the forrest looking to make an escape from the scene. Then shooting the klerk, fix his wound, get a new Car.

I really doubt it he was like ok they lost me, let me quietly get back while i have this bitch ass wound at my shoulder bleeding, wait for a few more cops to arrive stand behind a tree and have a look what they are saying.

So, who gets the best of Hanzee- Lou, Peggy, or the Flyin Saucer?! Nothing would surprise me at this point....maybe!

What about Ricky ? the guy who w the sunglasses he got away, who knows!

I think Betsy is ok (for now), but Hank is gone. That last exchange with Lou killed me, it harkened back to the first episode and the discussion that Betsy made flambe something, Hank said he'd bring his suit of armor to dinner. I cannot imagine what they've got cooked up for us next week. Monday nights will be a downer now after the show is gone.

Hey, Adam Arkin is a director now--stellar job. The level of creativity and overall excellence in this show still astounds me. Emmys for everyone.

• Love 6

I didn't think Betsy was dead, only because I haven't known anyone with cancer to be standing up one minute and dead the next. Unfortunately she may be transitioning to a new phase of lying in bed getting sicker. Unless the experimental drug did her in...

• Love 8
I think the most unbelievable part of the episode for me was the fact that crack shot Hanzee suddenly had the aim of an imperial stormtrooper when he was firing at Peggy/Ed and Lou. Especially Lou, who was standing with no cover in the middle of the parking lot 20 yards away and Hanzee MISSED? I could've hit him with a golf ball and a seven iron.

I figured that Hanzee lost his precision after Peggy threw some scalding liquid into his face/eyes. I heard a sizzle when it hit his face. (What was it? Hot water?)

When I was in my teens, on one particularly hot summer night out in the country, my brother took me to a drive-in to see a movie (it was a bad movie, too...Space Cowboys, maybe). Anyway, the sun was setting, and I looked over at the horizon and saw on the horizon, evenly spaced apart, high enough off the horizon that they couldn't be mistaken for towers, five lights. They looked like stars, except no stars were out yet. As I watched, the five lights began slowly blinking in sequence. I tried to get my brother's attention to show him, but he told me to shut up and watch the movie, which I did. I remember that feeling of terror and awe when I saw them, though. It still sends chills down my spine even now.

My sisters and I were driving past Roosevelt Park one night when we saw something silently hovering over the trees. The park is downhill so the treetops are level with the street. We stopped the car and stared in amazement. It was a massive, dark ship with tiny multicolored lights. (Our car suddenly seemed so puny.) The ship started slowly moving so we drove alongside it, but our road curved left and we lost it. We then raced home to tell everyone.

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 8

I figured that Hanzee lost his precision after Peggy threw some scalding liquid into his face/eyes. I heard a sizzle when it hit his face. (What was it? Hot water?)

Hot water from the kettle she used to make tea earlier.

• Love 4

Not sure how I feel about this episode. The narration was such a different feel from the rest of the show that it sort of sticks out. We've been building up toward this massacre since last season, so they had to try to make the payoff as big as possible. It was good, but it didn't have the shock factor that we've seen in other places.

The intro did feel a little bit like fan service though. After last week's episode there was all sorts of speculation about whether Hanzee killed Constance, why he let the gas station guy live, when he finally snapped. They pretty much hit everything dead on the nose here.

It also felt as if they pulled heavily on the narration early on but then drifted more into the story to the end of the episode. Not sure if that was intentional or if they weren't sure how to come full circle with it. 

Not a lot of loose threads left. Lou on the trail of Hanzee on the trail of Peggy and Ed. What happens to Lou's family? Will we revisit Charlie in jail or whether Simone is actually dead? (Probably not.)

I also haven't picked up on any seeds planted for a third season. The groundwork for the Sioux Falls Massacre was laid on heavily in S1. Nothing here really screams out "big things coming next season." Since it takes place a few years after S1, maybe there were hints for it back in S1 also. 

Last night's episode made me realize Martin Freeman just reading The Hobbit book would have been waaaaaay better than sitting through the 3 movie adaptation! I hadn't seen Season 1(yet) but it was a nice touch having him do the narration for the episode.

RIP Floyd and Bear Gerhardt. Jean Smart was great to the end. That look of betrayal was devastating.

Hank still alive thank God and hopefully so is Betsy(she can't die yet!) Poor Molly if she did die in this episode.

Seriously Peggy? How was it half of Lou's fault you and Ed are in this situation? Geez.

If I hadn't seen the True Detective season 1 bizarro finale first last year I would have probably have been annoyed with the UFO's appearance. As it was I thought "Well at least it looks cool."

I loved Mike Milligan arriving and seeing Floyd's body and the whole and going "Okay then" and leaving!

Fargo season 2 continues to have the most awesome soundtrack.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 4
Sweet Lawd Hanzee. Da Hell! I must admit the whole Native American super tracker, super efficient killer machine with no origin story, barely speaks, whose motivations are completely unknowable and cloaked in total mystery is in full on trope territory for me now.

I had a big problem with Hanzee being a stereotypical character, but I think at this point we have more backstory for him than pretty much any other character in Season 2, even Lou:

1. Plucked off the street by Otto at age eight.

2. Spent some time in what appears to be a residential school, where he was treated to a magic show that did not impress.

3. Forced to serve as a tunnel rat in Vietnam because his life was considered not as valuable as others'.

4. Highly decorated Vietnam veteran.

5. Did three Vietnam tours due to his PTSD.

6. Valued by the Gerhardts as a useful, loyal member of the team but frequently the subject of casual racial slurs.

His motivations aren't "completely unknowable." It's pretty clear why he shot the racist shitkickers in the knee. It's pretty clear why he murdered the bartender. It's pretty clear why he murdered Dodd. It's even pretty clear why he turned on the Gerhardts, even though the timing of his decision to do so is murkier.

Nor is Hanzee some inscrutable robot. He gets pissed off (Sonny talking about being a badass by virtue of being a Vietnam veteran, the bartender spitting in his drink, etc.). He's proud of his service, even though he hated being a tunnel rat. He really doesn't like being called racist slurs (shocker!). He's "tired of this life" and of racist bullshit. 

I would have a bigger problem with Hanzee being a stereotype if he were just magically and mysteriously an efficient killer and a competent tracker for no other apparent reason than his Native American heritage, but when you consider he did three tours in Vietnam and is highly decorated, it's a lot less mysterious and magical. Hanzee is no Malvo. He's not an unstoppable, supernatural force of nature. He's a highly skilled military veteran.

This very question was asked to Zahn McClarnon (Hanzee seeming like a stereotypical character) in a post-2x09 interview over at the Wall Street Journal. This was the exchange, with the interviewer's question and McClarnon's answer:

Do you have any conflicted feelings about Hanzee? He’s a vivid character, but some aspects of him could be perceived as stereotypical: the stoic, stealthy Indian who is almost a supernatural force in the world.

I don’t see those as stereotypes in him. The stereotypes I’ve grown up with more are the spiritual, noble Indian. I did think about Will Sampson’s character quite a bit in “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.” He started off as that, the stereotypically quiet, stoic Indian, and he eventually became more of a symbol of freedom. Hanzee is in that vein. He’s pissed off and resentful and determined, but he’s also focused.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 12

Awesome episode. We got the blood bath we were promised. Plus aliens. Peggy and Ed continue to actualized their way out of deadly situations. I love those crazy kids. I will be very disappointed if they end up dead. I don't know why; they are probably the worst; most selfish iof the bunch...but I love them so much.

The look on Mike Mulligans face when he saw the massacre was classics. "Ok then."

I love this show.

<~~~edited clarity

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
tennisgurl, on 07 Dec 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

Also, Bear is not just named Bear because of his amazing facial hair. Shooting him really does just make him angry. 

Lou should have had some honey and pic-y-nic baskets on hand.

• Love 3

I'd be willing to accept that if Hanzee hadn't also made that bitchin' head shot on the store clerk right after Peggy had stabbed him in the shoulder (which is what he aims with).

Speaking of backstory, there is this text in the crime book that wasn't read by the narrator providing some backstory on Peggy (transcribed by user menelainar over at Reddit):

“Both were born and raised in Luverne, a town of just three thousand people. Ed to a Frank Blumquist, a shoe salesman, and Peggy to Nora Knutson, a single mother, who died of breast cancer when Peggy was only ten. Young Peggy was sent to live on a farm with her aunt Agnes, a widow. She grew up tilling the soil, the only child for miles around. In the spring of 1970, she met Ed in high school. At first, she dated his best friend, Tim, who left high school and joined the army during the Vietnam war. Tim was killed in 1973 in an army basic training exercise. Ed comforted Peggy in the months after Tim’s death, and the two began a romance a year later, though most of the old timers I spoke to recall Ed wooing Peggy unsuccessfully at first, but all agree she warmed to him eventually.

So Peggy...

1. Lost her only parent at age 10.

2. Was sent to live with her aunt on a farm with no kids around, "tilling the soil."

3. Lost her boyfriend when he was killed during an army training exercise.

4. Was worn down by Ed until she agreed to date him.

Yikes. No wonder Peggy's so desperate to escape her life (although I don't doubt that however their relationship started, she does love Ed now).

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 7

I realize this is wildly inappropriate, but good lord I love Hanzee. Zahn McClarnon deserves all the awards. (And here's a great interview with him that discusses last night's episode, his thoughts on Hanzee's history, and his own history.)

Re: the UFOs, the interest in them and alleged sightings really was an actual thing in rural Minnesota in the 1970s. So while it might feel totally out of place to some, I appreciate the Coen-esque but still potentially accurate quality of it all. Minnesota Public Radio ran this story about some of the sightings that took place north of Luverne back in October. There are also active/alleged UFO hotbeds in rural North Dakota - I have a lot of family there as well as in Luverne, and there's a community nearby where there have been a lot of sightings and speculation just in the last ten years. And this is coming from the most conservative farmers you can imagine.

I both can't wait for next week and never ever want the show to end.

ETA: That Peggy & Ed bio from the book is amazing. I want to read the whole chapter they created...please, Fargo, release it! And for fun: given the timing outlined, my dad would have been classmates with Ed and Peggy at Luverne High School. 

Edited by hendersonrocks
  • Love 12

My DVR cut off right when Lou had talked to Hank and was chasing after Peggy, Ed, and Hanzee.  Did I miss much?  Nothing definite about Betsy, and Hank's still (possibly) alive?

Mine did too!!  I had to say up another hour to re-watch the show so I could catch last minute or two.  Luckily it was an easy re-watch.  I will set my DVR to record longer just in case.  This has happened before with this show.  I wonder if it is intentional or the DirectTV timing is slightly off from FX (seems unlikely).

My Facebook just had to be graced with Peggy's quote:  "It's just a flyin' saucer, let's go!"

What an awesome show...

The ufo was completely unnecessary to the massacre scene. Most of the casualties had occurred when Lou shot Bear and in the real world, Lou would have put him down, if not with the first shot, then with the other shots as Bear charged him.

He knows that Peggy and Ed know the motel (because that's where the seminar would take place). It's not unreasonable to guess that Ed told Mike to meet him there and that the police would follow through on that.

Anyone have readable screenshots of the book from the beginning?

There you go:

http://tinypic.com/r/15qbswg/9

Not much information, but maybe there's some hint about future seasons?

ETA: Oh, you meant what followed after that. Completely missed that this was actually readable on the first viewing. I hope someone will make screenshots from a proper 1080 file.

Wow, that episode certainly delivered. A couple of thoughts:

- I didn't think Hanzee would kill Constance. I was thinking "yeah, he's dead meat now" when I learned about it, but he still made it out of the episode alive. I guess Peggy and Ed will have the honor then to take him out, maybe Lou.

- I was afraid Hanzee was planning to dye his hair with that peroxide or whatever it was thingy. Good god, that would've looked awful.

- Peggy continues to be the best.

- So that's it for the theory that Bear turns out to be the crime boss from season one. He's not going to survive that head shot.

- Way to leave us hanging show about Betsy and Hank. I did expect exactly that with Hank, but Betsy was a serious low blow. It seems foolish to hope we'll actually be getting another Sunday dinner with the full Solverson family, but one can hope.

- I'm taking bets right now: If Betsy dies, Noreen ends up marrying Lou. Do I have buyers?

- Okay, that UFO had no business being in the show, but damn if it wasn't awesome.

- What shocked me the most: Neither Mike and the Kitchen brother nor the rest of KC mob were involved at all (other than delivering the best "okay, then" of the season). I was sure the massacre would have to involve them. I guess we'll something for next week, too.

- The soundtrack just keeps churning out great songs I never heard before. That alone makes the show worth watching. That bit over the credits? Awesome.

- Is Fargo the best show on TV right now? The Americans will have a hard time topping this season, for sure. Same goes for Better call Saul and Game of Thrones.

ETA: Martin Freeman narrating was certainly a nice surprise. I wonder if that was supposed to be in character (although I have no idea who Lester would be telling this story to) or just completely unrelated.

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 2