Type keyword(s) to search

Next Season: What, Who Would You Like To See?

gunderda
  • Start Topic

On 9/19/2017 at 8:47 AM, greekmom said:

You beat me to it.

Molly looks like she is high spirited and fun. She also appears too have some self esteem which puts her in a different category than Danielle and Darcy. I can't wait for this season.  These people are fascinating 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Molly looks like she is high spirited and fun. She also appears too have some self esteem which puts her in a different category than Danielle and Darcy. I can't wait for this season.  These people are fascinating 

Molly  is familiar with 'reality TV'  - this is a clip of her doing a fitting. She used to have a show about her bra shop - i cant remember what the show was called but it may have been on TLC.  I knew I recognised her - unless this is her twin?? lol

• Love 3
16 hours ago, spankydoll said:

also - i agree. When i saw her on her first show she comes across as fun and not afraid to speak her mind =) Her partner at the bra shop is funny too.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Showing that kid life outside of Bradentucky is a gift. 

Yeah, but May is still too young to get anything out of it. Who knows how well Nicole can deal with May in Morocco? She can't unload her at times on Mommy, her sister or a neighbor, like she's used to. If Azan's family kicks in and gives a lot of support it's another thing. We can only hope.

Besides that, growing up in Florida is a gift. May will realize that much later in life, whether she chooses to stay there or not.

• Love 6

Despite all the drama you know (except for Nicole & Azan) that all of these couples will end up at the alter – unless TLC pulls a fast one on us. Here is my breakdown:

Elizabeth & Andrei: So in the preview Elizabeth states that Andrei likes submissive women and we saw a clip of him angry because he was being filmed but he KNOWS he’s being filmed due to signing off for TLC.  Contrived drama with maybe 40% of it being true?

Evelyn & David: This one is the most genuine couple as per the commercial.  So I am wondering, what's the deal here.

Josh & Aika: Yeah, she’s only here for the green card.

Molly & Luis: I am always skeptical of any May-December romance and this one is no different.  Even though Molly may have a bit more sense than Danielle, she went on a girls weekend in the DR and had a fling.  What happens on a girls weekend should stay there. Seriously. If your kids are having issues with your finance, that’s a red flag. Luis will hightail it out of there as soon as the green card is obtained.  He’s not Muslim so I wonder what his excuse will be to avoid sex with Molly for as long as possible.

Nicole & Azan: I had more faith in Nicole’s mom for keeping May out of this mess. Disappointed in Mom.  I hope this will be the end of these two.

• Love 1

Gah! Nicole and Azan again. While I agree with everyone here that taking her baby to Morocco was wrong, wrong, wrong, what could her mother do about it? Nicole is legally an adult and as far as we know, her mother has no legal say in anything the blubbering blob decides to do with May. Unless mom is able to somehow get guardianship of May, she has no power to do anything about Nicole's stupid choices. There was a clip on last night showing Nicole FaceTiming with Azan and she's telling May to say hi to Daddy. That poor little girl! Who knows how many 'daddies' that baby will be subjected to in her life. Nicole is definitely the type to threaten to withhold May from her mother if she doesn't get her way. Didn't she say something to that effect when her mother refused to bankroll Azan coming to Florida?

I knew Molly looked familiar! If she does marry her boytoy, her dress better fit perfectly. She's billed herself as the queen of fitting bras for busty women. So, there better not be any backfat or floppy boobs!

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Gah! Nicole and Azan again. While I agree with everyone here that taking her baby to Morocco was wrong, wrong, wrong, what could her mother do about it? Nicole is legally an adult and as far as we know, her mother has no legal say in anything the blubbering blob decides to do with May. Unless mom is able to somehow get guardianship of May, she has no power to do anything about Nicole's stupid choices. There was a clip on last night showing Nicole FaceTiming with Azan and she's telling May to say hi to Daddy. That poor little girl! Who knows how many 'daddies' that baby will be subjected to in her life. Nicole is definitely the type to threaten to withhold May from her mother if she doesn't get her way. Didn't she say something to that effect when her mother refused to bankroll Azan coming to Florida?

I knew Molly looked familiar! If she does marry her boytoy, her dress better fit perfectly. She's billed herself as the queen of fitting bras for busty women. So, there better not be any backfat or floppy boobs!

Yeah, that really bothered me during the clip - the "say hi to Daddy" nonsense.  Do we know what happened to May's actual father?  I mean, I get it, if the father's not present in May's life and Nicole was serious about a future with Azan but for crying out loud, he hasn't even met the little girl yet! Women like Nicole fall for the fantasy - that Azan will come here and be the perfect husband and daddy and her life will be all rainbows and sunbeams. We saw how well that worked out for Danielle.  I suspect this will turn out the same although thus far Azan doesn't seem as much of a jerk as Mohammed is/was.

• Love 3
On 9/23/2017 at 5:04 AM, spankydoll said:

Showing that kid life outside of Bradentucky is a gift. 

ummm  not the way she's doing it - plus toddlers don't need trips like that - wait til they're at least 8-10 so they can remember it and always bring a second caregiver if you can - safer that way. 

Edited by LeeluDallas
spelling
  • Love 8

Wait...I was assuming the couples from ...Before The 90 Days would then be on this show. But these are five different couples, well, not Azan and Nicole who were on the last time. Are they going to have a different show with the trainwrecks from before the 90 days? 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Are they going to have a different show with the trainwrecks from before the 90 days? 

These shows were most likely filmed at the same time, the couples on Before 90 Days hadn't even begun the process of applying for the K-1 Visa when they were filmed because one of the requirements is that you have to prove you have spent time together. The K-1 can take awhile to receive so if any of those trainwreck make it through the process it would be on a later season.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

Am I on the wrong season?

I saw a couple with someone named Abbi and the young lady was from Haiti. He had problems with her ex. Was kind of a Mark-like character.

Abby and her various Misters. We're over in the Before the 90 Days forum.  There's still time to catch up with the tomfoolery.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Abby and her various Misters. We're over in the Before the 90 Days forum.  There's still time to catch up with the tomfoolery.

OMG, what a (upcoming cliche) treasure trove of weirdo-ness these two are. And I've only seen the excerpts!

Thank you, Brooklynista, for the link to the other forum. I wasn't following so didn't know it was there.

• Love 2

Too early maybe?

Regardless, I would like to see the following:

Still looking for that 2nd or 3rd generation American go back to "home" country and bring over a spouse.  

An American (regardless of which State) bringing a Canadian spouse.

A gay couple

No more trainwrecks. I'm tired of Nicoles, the Mollys, the Danis, etc.   I rather see some real footage of honest people trying to adjust to marriage and life in the States than the crap they have been showing.

• Love 5

I would like not to be duped,tricked and made to believe all the shit from the Season.

There are real people out there trying to get Visas and come to the USA, yet we are asked to believe these leeches are for real.

I hate being played and most of these assholes were acting.

Molly and Luis were so insufferable that floggings should be brought back.

Penguin and Hooker Annie.... I have no words for those two.

• Love 14

A friend's nephew came over from Wales and married someone. No drama.

The trainwrecks make for good viewing and drama. People like feeling superior to others.

Playing the show's viewers is not cool. Viewers are not dumb and they will come to these boards and other social media and express their displeasure. And the show will eventually be cancelled.

I would like folks who are not actors, looking for some sort of career in entertainment, looking for their own reality show and using this as a 5 minute ticket to 'fame'.  People who you root for due to the number of obstacles they face. Not women facing a life of poverty and no opportunity in some country and having an American who has tons of baggage  and of dubious character swoop in to rescue them. And have these women ask the dudes why no American woman is not suitable for them.  What is their motivation? I would like to see a smart savvy woman point out all the red flags and then dump the dude.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 3

Howzabout some people who aren't totally broke. Shame on so many of the Americans who have no business whatsoever luring someone to the states with the promise of a good life. You know that many of the men must secretly think that a woman from a disadvantaged background would take their hand in marriage without seeing their credit report and RUNNOFT.

IMHO some trainwrecks give the show some spice.

• Love 3

I echo to end the drama and trainwrecks.  Small wrecks are OK, but please no more Danielle or Nicole.  I'd also like to see no more racists please.  Gay couples would be interesting - especially if they're from an area where it's less accepted.  And I'd still like to see a foreign fiancée pack up and go home before getting married, or see one sent packing.  

ETA: No more scammers, please. (Looking at you, Mo and Luis)

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I echo to end the drama and trainwrecks.  Small wrecks are OK, but please no more Danielle or Nicole.  I'd also like to see no more racists please.  Gay couples would be interesting - especially if they're from an area where it's less accepted.  And I'd still like to see a foreign fiancée pack up and go home before getting married, or see one sent packing.  

ETA: No more scammers, please. (Looking at you, Mo and Luis)

Train wrecks are fun as long as there are no children involved.  Only show kids with stable people.  No more Mays or Kensleys, please.  

• Love 8

I’d really like it if they chose people who didn’t have children. Kids don’t have any choice when their parents decide to put them on TV and I don’t think being on 90DF is good for them.  Adults wanting to go on TV and be idiots? Fine. I need my entertainment. But don’t involve kids in the idiocy. 

• Love 12

I'd really like it if they chose people who weren't children.  Listening to the haughty, inflexible, self-absorbed 18 year old Evelyn and the immature, galactically stupid and desperate to marry 22 year old Nicole are two young people that made me shoot Nerf bullets at the TV.  

People with a little more life behind them other than playing Partridge Family and eating apples and/or having your baby call three guys Daddy would be a start.  

Edited by Kareem
  • Love 13

Reposted in this wish list section where it makes more sense.

================================================

I would love it if TLC/Sharp can avoid the following cliches in future seasons.

1 - Please stop the whole automatic modeling photo shoot thing.   None of them (except poor Pao and Anfisa) make it past the photoshoot because they are not exotic enough or professional enough or connected enough to be actual real models.   Please stop!    Their infatuated boyfriends may think they are model material, but you know damn well that they are not.

2 - Stop picking ALL losers and pick a couple or two with actual chances of making it.    Please pick at least one mature couple that we can root for.

3 - Please mix up the American Male and poor foreign Female dynamic, and pick some American women, preferably NOT wealthy-looking or Upper Middle class like Libby.   Just think regular folk.

4 - Pick a couple where the foreigner is a better economic position than the American.  I know lots of men and women who have married into wealthy foreign families.   They exist.

5 - Stop pushing the "Daddy" agenda on the stepfathers.   Those relationships take years to form and producers pushing participants to use those words is just wrong.   Notice how they have done it in other seasons/related shows.

6 - Please have more background into the participants.   More about their lives back in the original countries, their families, etc.  Notice how we know little or nothing about Andrei.

In summary, walk away form the cliches and bring some fresh faces and fresh angles to this.   I have written about viewer fatigue in the past and the present formula is quite worn out.

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Serious 90DF withdrawals..... when is this wonderful shit show starting up again ? Come on TLC!?

I know - me too! Bring on the train wrecks. I'm so excited that it's almost here. May 20!!!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I know - me too! Bring on the train wrecks. I'm so excited that it's almost here. May 20!!!

Thank you I didn't know when it started I checked TLC again last night! Sunday nights are back, best Sunday nights since Downtown Abbey ended. Gosh what does that say about me?

• Love 2

I want a crossover show between My 600 Lb. Life and 90-Day Fiance where obese patients of Dr. Now recruit fiances from other countries to come here and change their bedpans, wipe their privates and buy take-out while trying to convince them it's really love. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, millennium said:

I want a crossover show between My 600 Lb. Life and 90-Day Fiance where obese patients of Dr. Now recruit fiances from other countries to come here and change their bedpans, wipe their privates and buy take-out while trying to convince them it's really love. 

I second that emotion. I just LOVE Dr. Now.

• Love 2
On 5/7/2018 at 7:45 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Thank you I didn't know when it started I checked TLC again last night! Sunday nights are back, best Sunday nights since Downtown Abbey ended. Gosh what does that say about me?

That you have amazing taste in TV shows!

I’m still missing Downton. For real.

(It’s just not the same watching it on Amazon or on Blu Ray.)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Bridget said:

I’m still missing Downton. For real.

Mee tooo!

I did get my fix when my husband and I were on a Viking Ocean Cruise, they have it on an endless stream. 

Funny that I have never missed 90 Day like that. LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I’m not positive if “stranded with a million dollars” was on tlc they only did one season of it but I was sooo into that show!! I loved it. Did anyone else watch that? Never mind I just looked it up that was mtv..?

Edited by Mainer

@Drogo, Is there a 90 Day Media thread? I can't seem to find one. Basically, I just want a place so people in the know can tell me who's still together and who's not, because I cant afford to lose anymore grey matter over this shitshow and it's moronic 'characters'. Please and thank you!

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 2

I know it's early but it looks like TLC has already the ball rolling with their first Gay couple!!

What else besides less train wrecks do people want to see?
Personally, I am still holding out for a Canadian and American couple as well as an old fashioned arranged marriage.

Other than that, I am tired of seeing these Americans go down to which ever holiday destination and bring back their vacation romance. 

Some half decent serious couples as well please to thin out the train wrecks that TLC will have for ratings. 

Oh almost forgot - NO KIDS INVOLVED!! 

Anyone else?

Edited by greekmom
no kids
  • Love 5

No more Sanky-Panky/Bezness/Love Rat type stuff.  Enough is enough.

Definitely no more kids involved.

No more vacation D (this can be non Sanky-Panky/Bezness/Love Rat - they just get tired of each other when they see each other every day).

• Love 7

I love trainwrecks and I wish tlc would stop the subterfuge of caring about these couples by putting sympathetic but boring people on the show.

Olga, for example, was far too nice a person for this show.  Jon and Fernanda were boring, they were a minor fender bender...I need trainwrecks!

• Love 2