Type keyword(s) to search

Next Season: What, Who Would You Like To See?

gunderda
  • Start Topic

I’m calling it now…..
Melanie, 33, and Devar, 28,: No age difference but I’m getting the “Stella Got her Groove Back” feeling from this couple.  Especially since it’s stated that his parents financially support him.  If she is willing to have him being lazy all day and not work – they have it made.
Loren is 27 years old and met Alexei, also 27, when he served as group medic while she was on a Birthright trip to Israel. : this one I am thinking is genuine.
39-year-old Fernando and 22-year-old Carolina began when the two met in a Colombian nightclub while on dates with other people.:  The Cassia and Jason of the group. He looks a bit skeevy.  Maybe mom will have a swifter duster this time?  They will go through it.
22-year-old Josh was on a Mormon mission trip to the Czech Republic when he met 21-year-old Aleksandra, who was there for school. : This one has to be the Danny/Amy of the group with a dash of Evlyn and Justin.  I see this working out only if Josh keeps parents at bay and Aleksandra totes the Mormon line.
Kyle is a 28-year-old Big Easy bartender who met 25-year-old Noon while on a trip to Thailand. : A toss up on this one. More Russ and Pao I would say.  50/50 chance.  They will marry but give it till she gets her green card.
58-year-old Mark is courting his 19-year-old fiancee Nikki : Clear cut trophy wife.  Unless the kids actually threaten to cut
My poor eye bleach is waiting for the horror of Mo and Dani on the where are they now episode.

• Love 4

Good heavens where did they find more couples willing to go on this show?    Do they really think this is about the true journey to the altar as they adjust to living together?

Obviously, they are not reading our clever quips in this forum. :) Past brides and grooms can't talk about it, so they have no way of knowing what they are getting into when they apply.

• Love 3

Good heavens where did they find more couples willing to go on this show?    Do they really think this is about the true journey to the altar as they adjust to living together?   

The immigration process is expensive and many of these couples, current and past, seem paycheck to paycheck.  The quick and easy reality money is very tempting, I supposed.

Doesn't pay enough though.

• Love 6

My poor eye bleach is waiting for the horror of Mo and Dani on the where are they now episode.

Is there going to be a reunion episode? Don't play with me, I need to see that mess again.

ETA I just saw Cassia say there will be a catch up in October. I'm overjoyed.

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 2

I like that this season has mostly couples that actually met in person. Nothing against online dating, I think that's great, but the main problem in my opinion is the rush to get married (which is the premise of the whole word, so I'll just shut up). If I'm going completely off of what I'm vibing from the under 2 minute preview...

The picture of Melanie in the sequin bikini with Devar pulling at it provocatively, with his head on her boobs and his hand on her ass didn't really convey "loving, respectful relationship" to me. I'm calling hot mess. And for God's sake girl, you're 33 years old. If you're going to wear a bikini get a classy one, that one looks like a stripper's costume.

Which brings me to Josh and Aleksandra (sorry, girl, it was just too easy). I'm also feeling reminiscent of Danny and Amy. I hope that they don't constantly make snide comments about Aleksandra's past. But who am I kidding, this is TLC.

Loren and Alexei could be legit. I don't know about the Jewish culture, but I don't understand why so many of these guys seem to move their fiancee into their family's already cramped home. I get that they might have religious beliefs, or tight funds or something but I can't imagine never meeting your fiancee's parents, straight to living in their home. That leaves a lot of room for tension.

Not much to say about Fernando and Carolina or Kyle and Noon.

Mark and Nikki are going to be the painful to watch couple. Probably not as bad as Danielle and Mohammed, but then again who could possibly be that bad?

I can't imagine Season 3 being able to live up to Season 2.  You had so many certifiable loons....and I mean that in the kindest way possible.  That crazy guy who sold crap on Ebay and lived with his dad, and his fiance who dressed like the town hooker.  Mo and Dani.  I mean those two couples made Brett and his passive aggressive manipulations look positively saint like and normal by comparison.  Amy and Danny were sweet, and I sort of stopped caring about the girl from Brazil and the guy whose family all thought she was looking for a payday.

I do think that Devan may end up having a past.  Sadly, I think Melanie is a bit of a butterface.  She isn't awful, but I know he has had better tail thrown his way so there is something going on there.  And how gross and cliche is the big age gap story.  Nothing is going to make me okay with the idea of some old hornytoad taking advantage of a poor country to get some girl over here to be his trophy wife.  I don't know, I hope its as good as Season 2, but I feel like that is just asking for too much.  Nothing could be as good as season 2

• Love 2

I will say that Loren's parents seemed pretty typical for the Jewish parents I grew up around (and was raised by). Nobody, but nobody is good enough for their kids. They do tend to be protective and somewhat helicoptery. They need to meet the partners immediately to weed out what their life prospects are. I wouldn't say it's necessarily religious. It's just the cultural norm of wanting the absolute best for your kids. I think the apartment thing is just for drama.

• Love 1

Seriously, how can anyone be dumb enough to be on this show?

And  why do I love it so much?

If it wasn't for this show we would all literally be sitting around watching a train wreck.

And I don't want to see people hurt, so thank goodness for 90 day fiance!

• Love 1

Next season I would like to see the following (provided they find the couples):

2nd or 3rd generation "fill in the blank" goes back to home country and brings over a spouse. I know a few who have done it. Even though you would think the same culture would be a non issue alot of times the fact that 2nd or 3rd generation have been "Amercianized" and there are issues still about "are they just marrying me for the visa".

An American from below the 54 line bringing in a Canadian spouse.

A gay couple.

Anyone have any thoughts on what combination would give us another Mo/Dani/Mark/Nikki trainwreck?

• Love 6

I bet TLC is working overtime to get a same-sex couple. Especially now that same-sex marriage is legal in all 50 states.

I just like to see people from different countries to hear about their customs and their musings on the US. Some different locations would be fun.

• Love 7

I'd like to see one of them running from the altar, screaming the whole way out of the church (or wherever).

They had a gay couple lined up for this season, but they broke up right before filming started. Which means someone was a backup couple that got called in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

A foreign spouse who actually loves America and loves living here. They all say they want to be here for "a better life," but then complain constantly about everything they left behind and about how everything is so different here, and continue to do so even after families are hauled over en masse (I have seen this IRL.) 

If a foreign spouse wants to move here, it should be because they truly want to be an American just as much as they want to marry their American spouse. It causes huge problems in the marriage when they're coming for that "better life" but don't really like America - they're really just looking for a better version of their own country but that's not going to happen here. Again, I've seen that IRL and we've seen it on the show, too. Wish there was a way to screen for that, but I'm not exactly sure how. 

• Love 1

2nd or 3rd generation "fill in the blank" goes back to home country and brings over a spouse. I know a few who have done it. Even though you would think the same culture would be a non issue alot of times the fact that 2nd or 3rd generation have been "Amercianized" and there are issues still about "are they just marrying me for the visa".

An American from below the 54 line bringing in a Canadian spouse.

A gay couple.

Anyone have any thoughts on what combination would give us another Mo/Dani/Mark/Nikki trainwreck?

I just want the Dani/Mo magic back!  I wish those two could get married all over again, because their story was magic from the word "go" 

Mark/Nikki just makes me sad and mad.  I can't help but be entertained by Dani/Mo.

I don't care if the couple is gay, straight or anything else.  If a gay couple can keep me entertained, hooray.  Don't sacrifice the entertainment value.

I don't see how they will outdo the grossness of Mark, or the entertainment of Dani/Mo......and I do fear that they will start getting people who are "acting" on the show, and I don't want to see that.

• Love 8

I bet Fernando and Carolina were the "backup" couple...their story didn't seem as far along as the rest.

I have a suggestion/question...how does the INS handle an arranged couple?  Is it even feasible to get a K1 visa for an arranged marriage?  I mean, the couples have to show extensive proof that they've been in a relationship, and if you're arranged you can't honestly prove that. 

• Love 6

I have a suggestion/question...how does the INS handle an arranged couple?  Is it even feasible to get a K1 visa for an arranged marriage?  I mean, the couples have to show extensive proof that they've been in a relationship, and if you're arranged you can't honestly prove that. 

I'd like to know that, too. I don't have a link but I thought I read that in those cases, some requirements are waived. It was in a story posted in connection with the female terrorist who got into this country on a K1 - evidently in an arranged mariage, since they certainly weren't living together first - and I'll bet we'll be hearing a lot more about how the K1 process really works before long.

ohh yeah an arranged marriage on a K1 would be interesting.  Also a man who went through a Find a Bride tour and bringing over a wife could also work. There can never be another Mark or Dani but hey TLC is pretty good in finding the crazy people who want their 15 minutes of fame and spinning the editing machines for entertainment.

• Love 5

Or we could have a "redemption" season.... bring back former couples and do the Real World or BB thing and see the sparks fly.

Dani would be crying all the time. Mark would be making party. Mo would be cooking that mystery meat in a frying pan.

• Love 4

I would like to see Mark/Nikki and Danielle/Mo living together in the same house.

What about a season like real world with the couples all living in the same home? I bet someone would cheat.

All I need is for a camera crew to follow Dani/Mo and I'll be happy.  There was some talk of the two of them getting a show and that would be awesome.  Its so rare to find someone who lacks any self-awareness as Dani.  And Mo's constant attempts to escape her are equally hilarious.  

Dani is seriously a Pepe LePew.

I mean, come on, tell me this clip doesn't make you think of Dani and Mo...

• Love 4

ohh yeah an arranged marriage on a K1 would be interesting.  Also a man who went through a Find a Bride tour and bringing over a wife could also work. There can never be another Mark or Dani but hey TLC is pretty good in finding the crazy people who want their 15 minutes of fame and spinning the editing machines for entertainment.

The only thing is TLC already has Married By Mom and Dad replacing 90 Day Fiance on the schedule. The two production teams could get in a bidding war over the couples. Although it looks like the Mom and Dad couples are not going to come from the traditional cultures who use arranged marriages at a greater rate, unless their promos are only pushing those from the romantic meet and courtship cultures were the arrangements would be weird for the kids saying okay and not something they were raise to expect

Edited by Raja

I'd like to see one of them running from the altar, screaming the whole way out of the church (or wherever).

They had a gay couple lined up for this season, but they broke up right before filming started. Which means someone was a backup couple that got called in.

I bet that was Fernando and Caro since we really saw the least from them.

ETA: I too would like to see at least one couple NOT make it to the altar and a same sex couple would be a nice change as well.

Edited by KarmaG
  • Love 2

It's not that weird at all that they have a culture clash.

When people leave X country in a specific year, they are taking with them the culture, mentality, customs, trends of that year. Meanwhile in the USA, they become very Americanized without realizing it (living conditions). They raise their kids here that will inevitably become Americans, with some of the culture of the "homeland" of many years ago. Even if they visit that country once in a while, their view will always be different than what that country is really like. Visiting is different than living their long term independently (without American dollars)... In a way these relationships are worse.

What I would love to see?

Mohamed and Mohamed. The gay Dani Mohamed.

I bet Fernando and Carolina were the "backup" couple...their story didn't seem as far along as the rest.

I have a suggestion/question...how does the INS handle an arranged couple? Is it even feasible to get a K1 visa for an arranged marriage? I mean, the couples have to show extensive proof that they've been in a relationship, and if you're arranged you can't honestly prove that.

Basically, they can explain its common in their culture that aunts/uncles/parents introduce someone to them. They still have to explain how they are compatible, fellon love, they have to meet, etc. it's the same as with the other couples the only difference is on how they met.

• Love 2

A foreign spouse who actually loves America and loves living here. They all say they want to be here for "a better life," but then complain constantly about everything they left behind and about how everything is so different here, and continue to do so even after families are hauled over en masse (I have seen this IRL.) 

If a foreign spouse wants to move here, it should be because they truly want to be an American just as much as they want to marry their American spouse. It causes huge problems in the marriage when they're coming for that "better life" but don't really like America - they're really just looking for a better version of their own country but that's not going to happen here. Again, I've seen that IRL and we've seen it on the show, too. Wish there was a way to screen for that, but I'm not exactly sure how. 

In many places people assume that America is Disneyland and every street is paved with gold and wonderful world songs. So when they get here 1- you are still in culture shock and for at least a year you can't help comparing things to the ways of your country. 2- You may realize that is not a Hollywood movie, but real people going to work, paying bills, etc. 

I agree that after years here and when becoming a citizen, you should embrace it, accept it and be part of it. Without forgetting where you came from, but fully loving and respecting your new country.

• Love 3

I'd like to see more footage of the American fiance at the other fiance's country. Before coming here. To see how the interaction was before getting married.

I'd also like to see them go back to the other country after a year or so to visit the families.

Someone not getting married would be a shock too.

• Love 7

I'd like to see more footage of the American fiance at the other fiance's country. Before coming here. To see how the interaction was before getting married.

I can guarantee you they will never show this. It would ruin the "OMG they only have 90 days to get to know each other better and get married!!" concept of the show.

• Love 2

I can guarantee you they will never show this. It would ruin the "OMG they only have 90 days to get to know each other better and get married!!" concept of the show.

in last year's recruiting pitch they were looking for couples willing to have their first face to face meeting and presumably any follow up courting filmed. Of course only those on mail order trips would know that they are traveling with the hope of becoming betrothed as the goal.
  • Love 1

I don't think they can do that with the K-1 visa.

You can, it is done all the time. The child's visa is issued concurrent with the parent. They even tend to issue vistor visas to adult children from nations normally refused for fear of illegal aliens overstays., The biggest holding factor would be the non custodial parent saying no.

• Love 2

I want to see a couple that is bringing over not just the fiancé but also his or her children.

that would be interesting, but I feel like I would have a rage stroke watching someone act like an ass to a child.

• Love 3

I think you could move purely to be with your significant other, without necessarily wanting to live in a particular place -- and still be completely happy. I've met plenty of people who have moved for either love or career purposes, and even though they still prefer their "home" (this includes both international and domestic moves), it doesn't mean they are unable to be happy or content with their decision. Life is full of compromises, and people learn to live with them. And that's not a bad thing. If tomorrow, I had to move to England or Singapore or Tokyo for a big job opportunity, or for the love of my life, I'd do it -- I might not desperately love that country and actively want to move there, but that doesn't mean I will not be happy with the decision I made and make the best of it.

I'd like to see a couple decide not to go through with it next season. I was hoping that would be Nikki this season -- it's just sad (and not entertaining at all) to watch someone go through a wedding with an awful person.

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 7

I would like to see them do Wife Swap on these couples.   The obvious would be Loren with Mark, but I would like to see her with Devar because they would try to out show off the other.

But I would put Melanie with Mark because she would first mess up his stupid windows, then burn his sheets, then beat his ass.   Bev would be there too eating pancakes and threatening Mark by trying to run him over in the Miata.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I'll second (or third) the nomination for an arranged-marriage-type situation. I've had a few Indian-American friends (i.e., those born here in the U.S.) admit that a K1 visa and an arranged marriage in India was their backup plan. Obviously there are other countries/cultures where this is done, too.

I'd also rather see a same-sex pairing than another evangelical-type couple. I think we've seen a couple who met on some kind of Christian mission every season so far... But maybe TLC thinks that draws in a certain audience. Overall, I think 4 or 5 couples should be the max.

• Love 4

In addition to what's been mentioned, I'd like to see: 

1. Someone with REAL wealth bring someone over.  No "why couldn't this loser find someone in the lower 48?" talk.  Someone like Trump lol. 

2. An older woman with a younger man.  Yes, I know, Dani - but for real this time with less desperation and diminished mental capacity.  

3. Foreigners with options (for lack of a better word) - I don't want to see another uneducated bride from a poor area.  Show me a foreign doctor from England or Finland wanting to move here for love (and not a promise of "a better life").  

• Love 9

Almost all of my suggestions have already been listed here, but I'll list them again anyway in case TLC is scouting for ideas :)

1) have couples actually discuss WHY they chose America.  Right now, this show has a very (sorry for being repetitive, but--) American feel, in that it's just assumed, "well, OBVIOUSLY, we're going to live in America, because 'Merca! Freedom! Yeah, America's cool.  But the world is full of cool countries.  Why is America a better fit for BOTH of you?

2) the arranged marriage.  This might be a little bit "taboo" for TLC, but I think it could shed a lot of light on a very misunderstood, ancient tradition.  Now, it is NOT for me at all, and I wouldn't advocate for it for a second.  But I would be curious to learn about it.  This is the learning channel, after all...

3) couples with someone from a western European or Scandinavian country.  

• Love 2