Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Quantico

Didn't Caleb say he foynd pictures of Shelby with her "sister"? So they met as part of the con? I guess I can sort if see Shelby buying the story if this all came out when she was 16 and just lost her parents. She probably wanted family to latch onto.

Well, first off, judging from this episode, the writing staff from Beverly Hills 90210 finally got some work again. "Boo hoo, nobody likes me, nobody trusts me." Shaddap.

My guess is that the reason all the cadets were told to appear before the review committee is that the committee adjourned to the room behind one-way mirror, poured some good red into those Scandal glasses that we all like so much, popped some microwave popcorn, kicked back, and said "This is gonna be good."

How does Caleb go about exposing Ms. Catfish should she decline his demand?  She lives in another country.  What leverage does he have over her?  Plus, she obviously has the money now to create havoc in his life should he try anything. 

I don't think we've really seen the end of Chekhov's Scar, yet.

The reason people kept barging into the surveillance room is that some joker taped up a UN- to the Authorized Personnel Only sign outside, and those top flight cadets went for it.

• Love 3

Wow, I hate to agree with everyone, but this show has really become terrible. It was such an interesting premise, to me anyway, and I enjoyed it for awhile, but these last few episodes, and especially last night, have just really brought the stupid. But since I hate to quit shows, and I rarely do, I'll keep watching. Too bad for them that I don't count in the ratings anymore because I still watch the show live. Unless the writing gets better, it probably won't last much longer anyway. Might as well watch till the bitter end.

At Quantico:

Miranda: "Your fellow agents are the only ones you can trust. Never turn on them, believe them, and don't turn your backs on them."

Real time:

Miranda: "We need to spy on your friends who helped you when everyone thought you were guilty, because that's what agents do."

o.O

That sure makes a lot of sense Miranda. So in the end, Simon was the one who was in the right when he handed in three names because in the real world that is what you'd have to do, because your fellow agents don't really matter all that much. Unless she's the actual terrorist and did this to alienate Alex.

It looked like Elijah went from stalker to kidnapper at the end of the show. He must really like Simon.

Brandon isn't in the current time, so he's probably going to be the mastermind behind everything. Hmmm, let's see. What if he's actually Charlie's friend who was angry at Miranda for locking her son up. So he went to Quantico to take her down. Only, he decided that going after her favourite student would be the best course of action. In the end, Charlie was always innocent, but Brandon was not. How the FBI didn't know this? Because the FBI on this show...stupid. They're just filled with incompetent people.

I feel like this episode did a lot of showing, but not telling. Tons of info dumps, but it didn't flow naturally, because the show writers decided that they created way too many secrets so this would be the best way to reveal them. Only, it came out forced and awkward.

Simon going after Arab woman in Gaza and then going after the Wonder Twins (who seem like they should join Anon..Everywhere? Is that what that hacker group is called) seems really shady now. He might be attracted to them, but the backstory does make it creepy.

But seriously, Nimah and Raina are the only competent agents in the FBI. They clearly don't belong with the organization and should just join the hackers.

• Love 4

OK, so let me see if I got this right... Natalie admitted to lying to a judge (re: the fake scar) in order to get custody of her daughter, but because she didn't lie directly to the FBI, it's all good. Not to mention if the judge really bought the scar story, how did her ex manage to get custody later? Surely "he turned himself around" does not grant a former domestic violence offender SOLE custody of a small girl???

And why did Natalie get a public calling out before an official review committee while Simon gets canned by Miranda alone after she overhears Ryan say something???

And why am I trying to figure these things out when clearly I'm not meant to care so much?

Other random observations...

-I don't know who's more gullible, Simon and his "I planned a bomb for world peace" or Shelby and the catfish sister. (Although I swear she said she'd known the sister for fifteen years? That's one long con...)

-How much time is supposed to have passed in the past timeline? Booth's continued presence and Alex's questioning of it seems to signal "not that much," and yet Miranda is completely healed from her stab wound...

-Is Simon an agent or not? I thought he was super-undercover (reporting to superiors) early on in the present timeline... so do they un-fire him? Was Miranda's firing of him just a ruse?

-Maybe Brandon's dead in the present timelines, hence his absence? I thought there was a mention early on in the present timeline that someone else from the class died.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 3

I agree with whoever said to lock the freaking door! These are the people supposedly keeping America safe? 

The only thing I'm wondering about it why the one twin gave the other the cold shoulder, at the end. Was it because she visited the guy in hospital? 

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't that Elias who grabbed Simon at the end? It would be funny if it turned out that he had pretended to be gay in order to surveil Simon, who, BTW, should have gotten kicked out of Quantico for THAT lie, since there was likely someone passed over to get into the class who didn't tick that box, and not for "threatening" Booth, who has/had both size and experience on him, being an actual undercover agent at the time the traineee "assaulted" him. I really thought that Miranda was going to set up the Simon bomb-planning story by "kicking him out" so that terrorists would see him as a disgruntled ex-trainee and approach him. (Much as she "Mirandized" the twins.)

It was. And you give a potentially interesting angle for them to take that so you know they won't. Sadly I bet they will make it that Simon's rejection sent him over the edge. They have handle the Elias character so poorly I expect nothing less.

I had high hopes for this episode. I thought the show was getting marginally better and was thinking they would have a nail-biter for the fall finale. How wrong I was. This was just a convaluted mess.

I get being mad that they were being spied on but it was a bit much when they ripped in to Alex considering they had just learned that one of her requests apart from her freedom was that they were all cleared too. I hardly think she didn't have their backs their. And from what we've seen in the flashbacks Alex was a fairly supportive friend to most of the recruits. Just seemd like angst for angst sake.

I realize this is a drama but again why did they have to do that whole fake trial of Vasquez in front of the entire class? What professional place of work let alone the freaking FBI would operate that way. That seemed like 100 HR violations wrapped in one. And I was rolling my eyes so hard at Simon's dismisal. I did like that he mentioned how Miranda and the twins violated that very rule and as usual Miranda just talked around it so there was no point in bringing it up except to show how incompetent and corrupt the FBI are yet again. Like a shove against a wall is grounds for dismial in a cohort who have all broken the no fraternization rule among numerous other rules there. It would have been much more realistic to boot him for his IDF service.

My favorite part had to be a team of about 10 agents rushing Simon and the bomb guy all in the same direction. Not a single one of these trained seasoned agents thought to have the school area covered and every single one of them was felled by a school bus passing through! LOL!

I wanted to see how this would all resolve but I'm not sure I can bring myself to return in the new year. I'm probably going to forget about this during its hiatus. I hope they just make Elias the bomber so Rick Cosnett can get off this show and find something better.

Edited by Couver
  • Love 2

Well, first off, judging from this episode, the writing staff from Beverly Hills 90210 finally got some work again. "Boo hoo, nobody likes me, nobody trusts me." Shaddap.

I don't think we've really seen the end of Chekhov's Scar, yet.

Oh my we must be related I said almost the exact same thing. I told my husband what is this Quantico 90210. They turned on Simon so fast and are now hiding his clothes, hazing him and acting like 14 year old girls.

Then the same thing with Alex, the whole time they were yelling at her I was like uh, she didn't set up the survey maybe you should be pissed at your superiors, idiots!

And don't even get me started on that ridiculous little scar seriously, I have gotten worse scars just cooking. She could have at least went for a visible, bigger scar if that is her shitty story. Which I don't buy for a minute!

One thing I did love was Priyanka's hair in the flashbacks, it was a little flatter, less poufy Ms. America to me.

I think they're going to reveal/resolve the traitor next week and then go full-on soap opera.  They have Marcia Cross coming on as a woman going after a young blonde who slept with her husband.  How can they not.

• Love 1

Wow, so a lot of big reveals in this one and almost every single one of them ended up being underwhelming.  Natalie's fake scar?  All an attempt to get custody of her daughter, because while her husband at the time was emotionally abusive, he wasn't physical, so she needed proof.  Shelby's half-sister?  A catfishing scam.  Simon getting booted from the FBI?  All because Miranda overheard that he had shoved Booth episodes ago and that's a big no no in Quantico, it seems.  Lame, lamer, and lamest right there.

Also, wouldn't they have needed medical proof and whatnot that Natalie was abused?  Did she pay a doctor off or something?  It would have made more sense if the fake scar never happened, and she actually cut herself and framed the guy.  But I can't see how the ex didn't at one point go "I did not do that!" and no one thought to get it examined.  Ugh, this plot is hurting my head.

Although, it doesn't make my head spin as much as they rest of the Simon reveal.  So, basically, Nimah finds out that he wasn't a mere translator, and he finally admits that basically he conned and seduced women to be "questioned", only for his platoon leader to end up being crazy, and torturing them instead.  Of course, Booth tells everyone to lay of him because it's war, but it really does make all his past scenes with Nimah/Raina creepy, because now I'm going to wonder if he basically did the same things to them, that he did to other women.  Even if he didn't hurt them himself and he truly felt awful for what he did, doing it again with the twins is just.... bad.

Alex is an idiot and listens to Liam and Miranda's idea to spy on everyone, so they all find out, and now she's on her own again.  Then again, it could very well end up being one of these guys still, so it could very well end up being that Liam and Miranda made the right call.  Although, I did love Shelby going off on Alex, because she sounded way more like a betrayed lover with Alex, then she ever did with her numerous arguing scenes with Caleb.

Oh, and it also turns out that while Simon did make those Grand Central plans, he was only planning to "send a message" with them and they were going to be fake, but someone else took it, and that's why it ended up deadly.  There are no words for how dumb that is.  No words.

Final moment is Elias popping up and kidnapping Simon.  They probably want me to think that he's part of the big baddies, but I wouldn't be surprise if just ends up being that he is crazy and taken his stalking to a whole other level.

• Love 2

Final moment is Elias popping up and kidnapping Simon. 

That's going to turn out to be benign.  Sharon Stone wants to offer him a job as the new Agent-X.  And chloroform is so much more personal than a mere telephone call from the VP!

• Love 3

My favorite part of the Natalie story is how she decided to keep wearing the scar as a fashion statement. Like I can just see her shopping on amazon for fake scar stickers, comparing different prices and designs, when she noticed that the 100 piece economy pack was on sale (Only 20 bucks, you guys, what a steal!) and couldn’t resist.

• Love 4

I haven't watched the last 2 episodes, but I'm glad the show is still bringing the stupid. I agree that the pilot looked like it could be an interesting show, but soon the stupid really started dragging it down. I think I'll delete the 2 on the dvr, as well as the season pass, but will still check in here from time to time for a laugh. I think that 45 minutes a week could be better spent rewatching each amazing episode of Fargo.

• Love 2

What is the deal with Raina and the terrorist she visited in the hospital? I though Nima was the one sleeping with him? Are they both in love with the terrorist? Also, when the twins were reintroduced in the present, it seemed like there was still something between Simon/Raina, which seems strange since it looks like both of them hated him by the time he left Quantico.

• Love 2

I really didn't understand why there was all that anger at Simon.  Wasn't the agent he turned in a complete psycho who was going to murder him to protect her secret?   

I realize this is a drama but again why did they have to do that whole fake trial of Vasquez in front of the entire class?

I think you may have answered your own question.  They love them some drama in the FBI, and they certainly are getting it with what must be the worst vetted class in the history of the agency. 

• Love 1

I haven't watched the last 2 episodes, but I'm glad the show is still bringing the stupid. I agree that the pilot looked like it could be an interesting show, but soon the stupid really started dragging it down. I think I'll delete the 2 on the dvr, as well as the season pass, but will still check in here from time to time for a laugh. I think that 45 minutes a week could be better spent rewatching each amazing episode of Fargo.

It's really there for the 'stupids' each week.

• Love 1

I really didn't understand why there was all that anger at Simon. Wasn't the agent he turned in a complete psycho who was going to murder him to protect her secret?

Well yes but he didn't follow internal protocol to let the FBI investigate it first and (I guess) went straight to the media. I mean, how else could something like letting a serial murderer out of jail THE NEXT DAY, along with getting a noted famous fornensic pathologist fired immediately and exposed happen in the same day?. I'm guessing this has to be an alternate universe where DNA can also get sequenced in 2 min tops and jury trials take 5 minutes.

I will say, I laughed when the group exercise instructor said Simon would fail since he would probably turn everyone in. Plus, when Simon opens his locker and there are the SINGLE PAGE plans for Grand Central. Nope, it's not weird at all that the dude comes up bomb scenarios during all of his free time at Quantico in the name of peace... Lol.

The writers want us to think Simon is the victim of bullying and is secretly or unwittingly plotting this thing. Somehow I doubt he is this dumb/smart and as with every villain-how is funding this?

One more thing, how is Simon innocent in the seduction scheme?. Wouldn't the women he seduced be subject to stoning or death for the appearance of adultery, especially, when it became public knowledge?. (Real question given the ultra religious nature of the area he supposedly served in)

Alex running her own investigation into the bombing SHE SUPPOSEDLY was involved in/responsible for.....ROFL. I also, tee hee'd a bit when they had just finished saying that EVERY member of the class would be under investigation...all 60+ of them. Not sure how #TeamAlex figured that excluded them.

Plus, why oh why are they discussing personal matters and making secret personal phone calls while the clock is ticking (24 hours y'all) and they know anything they say or do is part of the final record?. Kinda tough for me to feel sad for you when you keep doing dumb stuff, like call Clayton or visit your terrorist lover/undercover dude you are investigating.

Also, considering Blondie and Jr haven't whispered or anything about their threesome of Ick... How is it that Miranda and the Drunk didn't know about the "secret" affair between Blondie and Clayton?

So many questions..... This show is written in the style of that other horrid show, Revolution. The writing made sense when the show runner revealed that they HAD NOT storyboarded the entire season ahead of time. So basically the writing team just threw stories together as it came to them. Because, that worked so well for continuance....

Alex running her own investigation into the bombing SHE SUPPOSEDLY was involved in/responsible for.....ROFL.

Yeh, imagine how legitimate the investigation will appear to be, seeing as it's run by the prime suspect who actually pled guilty to the crime!

• Love 5

Wait!. If Elias was Alex's legal counsel, what does he have to say about her gathering her own evidence after she's legally plead Guilty?

Huh?

I guess I wasn't playing attention to the guy grabbing Simon. But, why (and how) is Elias playing Dexter to grab Simon?

• Love 1

The writers cleary love drama, but all of the drama on this show feels unearned. They want the big dramatic confrontations between the characters, but they don't want to adequately write the build-up to it.

They just don't know how. They probably couldn't finish even couple of semesters of a creative writing class. 

• Love 3

The writers cleary love drama, but all of the drama on this show feels unearned. They want the big dramatic confrontations between the characters, but they don't want to adequately write the build-up to it.

I think someone mentioned that the show was like the writers watched a lot of Shonda Rhimes shows and then tried to poorly copy that with this series.

I tried to watched this episode, mostly because I saw pictures of Brandon in nothing but a towel, (yes, I'm shallow), but the stupid was just too strong.

I've been arguing with myself, but did they deliberately have Simon getting shit from the two Muslim women, the black guy then the white guy giving him a break. I assume its thoughtlessness, or are they trying to make some weird reverse racism point.

I think someone mentioned that the show was like the writers watched a lot of Shonda Rhimes shows and then tried to poorly copy that with this series.

You know, I wonder how much of it is interference from the network people and their notes. ABC is riding high right now with Shondaland and the copycats. So, it makes me think they want every slow to follow the same formula of sorts. Even if that means turning a group of writers into a team of copycats.

• Love 2

You know, I wonder how much of it is interference from the network people and their notes. ABC is riding high right now with Shondaland and the copycats. So, it makes me think they want every slow to follow the same formula of sorts. Even if that means turning a group of writers into a team of copycats.

It's accurate, they even called it Homeland meets Grey's Anatomy so the influence is very real in some form or another.

• Love 1

I finally watched last week's show last night. I cannot say anything else because I cannot get past th stupidity of the scar story!!

Is tonight the season finale?

Mid season finale and then a hiatus until Spring for its remaining episodes.

Not being very well lately, I decided to sit down and watch the first 10 episodes of this show and I remain stunned this has been given additional episodes. Really?

This episode, in particular, was one of the dumbest episodes of TV I have ever seen. Ever. It's almost fascinating how bad this show is. I think I might keep watching just to see if it can get worse. I think "the scar" has to be hands down the silliest thing I've ever seen in a show that takes itself this seriously. And I've also watched episodes of a show about a woman getting her body tattooed and her mind wiped and another about the US constitution having a special "PS: Dear Vice President, none of the above applies to you XOXO" amendment.

Wow skotnivok -- that's incredible. That makes a lot more sense to me now.

Don't forget, he is also responsible for Smash which should surprise absolutely no one.

How does this guy keep getting jobs? Makes me angry.

Check out the guy who made the new Beauty and the Beast. He pops up every 10 years and so recycling the  exact same shticht. BaTB, Moonlight, BaTB. It's the same show. And he gets paid for this.

• Love 1
Could someone please tell me what Gob Jammering is? Thx!

I think you're referring to 'Gom Jabbaring', yes?  It's a reference to Dune.  In the book, the main character undergoes a test which involves being put in pain, but with a small needle held against his neck.  If he flinches, he dies, so he's forced to go along with it.  The needle is called a 'gom jabbar'.  

This was essentially the same method Anne Heches's character used to get Simon out of a bar so she could murder him in peace, holding a syringe to his neck while frog-marching him out the door.  It seemed pretty silly that she could effectively use this as a threat since a) it's pretty easy to see that something's up (which indeed happened - someone saw them acting strange and intervened), and b) the Anne Heche had made it clear that she intended to kill Simon anyway, just not in the bar, givng Simon no incentive at all to go with her since it's death either way.  

Basically the scene made no sense and I was making fun of it.  I mean a gom jabbar might be good for making someone stay absolutely still, but making them walk to their death?  Not so much.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 1

Didn't Caleb say he foynd pictures of Shelby with her "sister"? So they met as part of the con? I guess I can sort if see Shelby buying the story if this all came out when she was 16 and just lost her parents. She probably wanted family to latch onto.

Yes, there were photos of them together. Which meant the 'sister' was real and not just a dummy account that Shelby was using to funnel money to a terrorist organization.  

I agree with her accepting the story because of losing her parents and wanting to believe she still had family. Shelby is exactly the kind of person who'd be targeted for such a con.        

I think you're referring to 'Gom Jabbaring', yes?  It's a reference to Dune.  In the book, the main character undergoes a test which involves being put in pain, but with a small needle held against his neck.  If he flinches, he dies, so he's forced to go along with it.  The needle is called a 'gom jabbar'.  

This was essentially the same method Anne Heches's character used to get Simon out of a bar so she could murder him in peace, holding a syringe to his neck while frog-marching him out the door.  It seemed pretty silly that she could effectively use this as a threat since a) it's pretty easy to see that something's up (which indeed happened - someone saw them acting strange and intervened), and b) the Anne Heche had made it clear that she intended to kill Simon anyway, just not in the bar, givng Simon no incentive at all to go with her since it's death either way.  

Basically the scene made no sense and I was making fun of it.  I mean a gom jabbar might be good for making someone stay absolutely still, but making them walk to their death?  Not so much.

Thank you for the explanation, and for figuring out what I meant. Dyslexia kicks in from time to time LOL.

• Love 1

I like nighttime/primetime soaps. But putting aside all the ways this fails as a procedural, the other big problem is that they keep trying to have all these emotional moments with their reveals and confrontations and moments of romance and friendship. But it's all started to feel so hollow because these characters are absolutely ridiculous. There are like 3 seasons of daytime soap plotlines in this show already. I don't care what Miranda says in her calm whisper voice. It's all complete nonsense. For once, the rest of the group is right about something. Alex is incredibly self-serving. She does constantly ask people for help and then turn on them whenever it's convenient. I can't even with everyone else. And yet, somehow it's not infuriating because I expect so little from this show.

I am disappointed in the payoff from the fake scar. I hope there's another secret because that was lame.

I'm going to say that Simon's horrible bomb plot trumps the nonsense of him seducing women into interrogations that involved something more sinister. Why couldn't he have just done terrible straightforward things as a soldier during the war? Quantico wants so badly to be clever that it's making everything worse than it needs to be.

I really wish when Alex can gone to visit Simon at the end she had kissed him because that conversation was feeling weirdly romantic. All we needed was another secret affair. That would have been the cherry on this sundae of stupid.