Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Art of the Deal

With Carla behind bars after taking the fall for the stolen report, Hap is more determined than ever to find the mole at Briggs Oil who put her there. But first, Annie pays Carla an unexpected visit to propose a deal that would give both women what they want. Meanwhile, Jules’ brush with death brings both Briggs men rushing to her bedside, providing her with an opportunity to come clean with their secrets. Despite Billy’s profuse apologies, his lies have pushed Cody over the edge, and Billy fears he may never be able to make things right. Later, Hap and Annie face off against each other as they prepare to make their biggest play yet. May the best Briggs win.

I've been an avid supporter of this show from the very beginning, and I am surely supporting it now.  This show is FINALLY starting to work.  Like last week, it was a deliciously soapy episode with so many players.  I just love the chemistry between Hap and Annie.  They are just too good in scenes together and the bantering between them is so funny!  Loved the "Hatfield and McCoys" scene with all of the key players sitting down at the table.  Billy kissed Emma and was busted by Cody.  Cody was ensconced by a really cute doctor.  Jules is pregnant opening up the typical soapy WTD storyline.  Next week looks intense to the point that I don't see it ending by wrapping up much of anything.  I see potential cliffhangers left and right.  I hope this show makes it somehow though, because it's proven itself entertaining in just two key episodes.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2

Well of course Jules is pregnant.  Of course.

I didn't buy Billy and Emma kissing like that, but it is certainly good soap material.  I like the introduction of the new doctor/negotiator for the tribe, although I guess we won't have much time to enjoy him.

• Love 1

Oh, and Jules has been drinking as usual and then "took some pills"--while pregnant. If the show were to go on i'm sure there would be some agonizing over whether the fetus was damaged or not.

And i knew the son would turn out to be the new doc; in fact, we probably all did. :-)

• Love 2

Seriously?  One episode left to go and they introduce new characters including a love interest?  The pacing on this show is the worst!

Seriously?  One episode left to go and they introduce new characters including a love interest?  The pacing on this show is the worst!

Definitely, you can see the rewrites in this series.

That ending with everyone at the table snarking at each other was fun. 

I absolutely loved it!  It was one of the highlights of the episode along with Hap and Annie having their own private meeting with Elaine Whitecloud.  Making Jules pregnant at this point in the show seemed most jarring.  Jules will not be giving birth by next week and I assume that nothing will happen to the fetus next week either, leaving all kinds of baby drama in the air, possibly forever.

Seriously? One episode left to go and they introduce new characters including a love interest? The pacing on this show is the worst!

Their episode number got cut down from 13 to 10, so who knows how they impacted things. I'm sure nothing will get wrapped up.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

I'm actually surprised that Jules is still alive.  Given the presumed status of the show, I thought that Jules would die from the overdose leaving both Briggs men fighting and feeling guilty until the end.  Instead, Jules is alive AND pregnant!

Ugh. Really? The introduction of Alex White, the son of Elaine WhiteCloud, could not have been more cliched.if they tried. He came across as a typical "hero" ripped from the 80s Harlequin Romance novels-from his assumption that Cody was a nurse too interested in her instagram account to looking at her with disdain.

And really, Cody? Alex is a friend now? When you've known him less than a day?  Totally knew Emma had the hots for Billy and let's go with more plot contrivance with having Cody catch them kissing. After Emma's advice to Billy not to give up on Cody, she lays one on him?

And just what is it about men in soaps, be it prime time or day time, that when wives ask for "time" they think 24 hours should be enough, before they come whining and begging or demanding that they come home?

So, Jules is pregnant? And she doesn't know who the father is? And she's not concerned that maybe she could have gotten an STD? Assuming the condom just broke, of course. (rolling eyes).