Type keyword(s) to search

2K15 Live Show 6: Mentor Week

Gotta say, those "two songs per week" shows are boring me to death.

- Reggie & Bollie : first song was a complete misfire, second song was standard R & Bollie. Not much to say about it.

- Lauren : Didn't care much for her first song, which was quite uneven ; cared even less for that second song.

- Che's first song was pretty good. Song #2 was decent, but left me kinda cold.

- Louisa was pretty shouty, tonight, during both songs. Song #2 was better than song #1, imo.

Lauren & R&B for the bottom 2, I guess. But if the crowd is really behind R&B, then Lauren & Che as the bottom two, with Lauren leaving.

Lionel Richie and Mark Ronson mentor. Post your thoughts here.

Did Ronson wind up having somewhere better to be?

I honestly don't see how Louisa loses this. Then again like many of these shows the boring white guy often wins for no good reason. So that could happen too.

- Louisa was pretty shouty, tonight, during both songs. 

To be fair, if you're going to do the Diva version of Man's World, it's not a subtle song.  

• Love 1

Reggie n Bollie: Locked Away. Not the worst. I mean, it was karaoke and didn't show anything exceptional but it didn't make my ears bleed.

Lauren Murray: Take Me Home. My issue with this is it makes it seem like Lauren has not gotten any better through all the audition rounds. She was already about this good. I don't see that the coaching has done much to give her polish. Which either means they haven't been trying very hard or this is as good as she gets. Sure, there were some bum notes and the performance could have been better. But the real issue is that extra coaching she needs to improve. She's a very good singer.

Ché Chesterman: Would I Lie To You. Fun but safe. In the back of my mind I thought about what a number like this would have meant for Bruno Mars or Marcus Collins. But it was a good vocal.

Louisa Johnson: The Power of Love. She sang it well but I found it very boring.

RESULTS: It’s a

Che v Lauren

sing-off. It went to deadlock because the judges are idiots.

Lauren

is out.

Boring vanilla white guy for the win

, as per usual for this crap show.

I wish they will have 5 judges next year to avoid the deadlock.

Also, I hope for each theme, the contestants can show 3 songs to their coaches and then the coach decide which song to sing. (Instead of coaches picking the songs) Sing-offs are much better than live shows.

It would be easier if they went back to judges not having a say in whether the contestant they're coaching stays or not.

As for this week's result, called it. No surprise there. And Louisa is still gonna win that one.

• Love 1

Second Performances

Che: Love Is A Losing Game. I love this song. I did not like Che's version. Dull. Lacking emotion.

Lauren: Runnin'. Something was off. Not entirely sure what is was. Lauren is very talented. But it's always a little bit off. She needs the extra incubation time. She needs to work on her performance/stage presence and she needs the time to really perfect the vocals.

Louisa: It's A Man's Man's Man's World. So, she's winning, right? I might have changed some things but for Louisa, this was basically as good as it gets.

Reggie n Bollie: Oh, boy. This one was rough.

• Love 1

I wish they will have 5 judges next year to avoid the deadlock.

Also, I hope for each theme, the contestants can show 3 songs to their coaches and then the coach decide which song to sing. (Instead of coaches picking the songs) Sing-offs are much better than live shows.

Rather than 3?  That would mean even MORE blathering and time on the show spent with people NOT singing.

• Love 1