Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E11: It's Not Easy Beating Green

• Start Topic

I have never enjoyed, nor do I believe I will enjoy anything else more than Phil saying to the other two teams "I guess you didn't see that coming, eh?"  Even if the green team stays in, that moment was just AMAZING!

Seeing Mr. Green cry was also a great bonus......

But so close to losing them.....

• Love 10

It ain't over till it's over! That was so close.... I wish the girls had made it.

It was painful watching Kelsey. But fun to watch Justin fall into a heap of tears on the dock. I'm not so sure he's in love with Diana, because if that's love I want no part of it.

• Love 14

When you are being driven to a destination by a chauffeur in a Rolls Royce who already knows where he's supposed to be going, what you are doing cannot possibly be considered racing at that point.  I mean, seriously???

Hey Justin, when you are being a douche, it doesn't matter if the person on the other end can understand what you're saying or not - you are still being a douche.  And good racer or not, I have absolutely no sympathy for his crybaby horseshit, FAR less so than the first episode.  Superfans have played this race before and have gotten knocked out early without even winning one leg, so if you don't win, boo-friggin-hoo if you go home with "only" the spoils of winning seven legs.  He reminds me of one of those brats from elementary school who bursts into tears when he loses fair-and-square at tetherball or gets knocked out of four square.

I have to admit, I was writing a post about how badly-paced this episode was, what with teams already heading to the pit stop halfway through the episode and the next-to-last arriving with fifteen minutes to spare, but, yeah, THAT happened.  Although I do wish the outcome were different.

• Love 22

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! damnit!!!

When she got it the first try I thought they were going to make it.  My goodness Justin is such a freaking crybaby!!  I cannot stand him.  I thought the preview was Diana giving up meanwhile it was Krista. 

I am so pissed!!!!!  I kept yelling at the TV ..Krista..turn around..it's right there!!! 

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 16

I cant believe it took Krista that long to find the gold fish and they had a 55 minute penalty to help them catch up what a horrifying ending. this season has been a major bummer for me I honestly do not care who wins....

• Love 4

Well, damn. That was... unfortunate. Hard to say whether it was one taxi luck elimination over another taxi luck elimination, but I hate that the F3 placings relied so much on taxi stuff in this Ford-sponsorship-free and self-drive-free season.

Chris and Logan can GTFO with their 'it's over' while Green was waiting out the penalty. They are an atrociously weak team and have somehow staggered to the end with a leg victory, and it's embarrassing that they have a chance at the million. This happens fairly often, but you don't get the right to act like you deserve to be there.

• Love 9

Frack. Frack. Frack.

Mr. Amazing Race Fan didn't RTFC.   Hahahahahahha.    And it almost cost him the race.  

All the other racers were enjoying the beauty of the show, all he could do was sit there and cry that he might lose the race.   That couldn't happen.   Ugh.   Then the "She gets panic attacks and can't breathe."   So you bring someone on a stressful race who has panic attacks -- then you berate her when things go wrong.   You're a prince of a man Justin.   

At least everyone was enjoyable and having fun this leg.

• Love 22

What a massive disappointment!  Superman takes the wrong ferry and still pulls it out of his butt.

Cry me a freaking river dude.  I so hope they lose.

I was ticked when they found that working cell phone so fast.  

Huge surprise The Bickersons came in first.  Go figure.  I would still rather they win over the greenheads.  Ugh.

Not a big fan of the tasks, but it was cool to see Macao.

• Love 10

Okay.  What the hell.   If you can't see the fish while on the surface, go down deeper.  I get that it was hard to see under there (I think Diana said that), but everyone else got it on the first try.  

And, no, partner girl, she didn't "got this."  How many times did it take her?  Four?  

I've only seen like four episodes this season because I keep forgetting it's on.  I hope the next season has a more memorable cast. 

• Love 3

DamnitDamnitDamnit!  So close... they might have made it if the first cab dropped them off at the RIGHT place... down to taxi luck...Again. 

And the way Justin acted this entire leg right up to that smug look on his face just cemented my dislike for him.  Even Luke in his last appearance behaved better than that when he did get eliminated.   And... a major mistake on their parts... didn't think that would happen. 

I caught that the 30 minutes was for taking the wrong ferry but why the additional 25 minutes? (not that I'm complaining...ha).

Boy what a time for TAR to drop the 'final 4'....

Go Kelsey and Joey... after five 2nd places they sure as hell deserve the final win.

• Love 1

I think I'm going to be sick.

Poor Krista. She couldn't swim downward. And now, she and Tiffany are out. Sure, they may have been an unlikely pair to make it to the final leg, but a. They weren't objectionable, and b. See Amy & Maya. If they get checked in before Green, Green gets an invite to the next all-star season. That would've been a happier ending tonight instead of the Cheerleaders bowing out . . .  but at least Tiffany proved to be a better Racer (and person) than Danielle & Danni. I wouldn't compare her to Jill, but she did okay for an underdog.

I'm trying to look on the bright side . . .  Green being in the mix means the odds of the Paparazzi lucking into the million bucks are a lot slimmer. I mean, that's the worst case scenario right there. Never mind Justin's swollen ego and bank account . . . Logan & Chris would probably turn on each other to get the full prize.

And Phil? "Bet you didn't see that coming"? That's Probst. That's not you, even if it deflated the blowhard.

• Love 5

Darn, darn, darn, darny darn!!!  [/Liam Neeson]

"I don't think I can go home if we lose."  #ShutUpJustin

And, thanks for being an Ugly American to your cab driver.  Being in Hong Kong, I bet he understands more English than you think  He should have dropped you off in the middle of the city and said "Bye!"

• Love 19

That was the first time in a while that I felt the suspense was real and not just manufactured. However, I didn't get my hopes up just in case the suspense was fake, yet I still feel let down.

I'm sure there will be comments about how the cheerleaders could have thought they were a strong team when they couldn't find a fish, but I'm sure there are unknown variables. If I personally had to do that challenge I would have to take my contacts out as you don't want to open your eyes underwater with them, and for me personally wearing glasses underwater makes things worse and not better for my vision (I honestly cannot read the big letter on the eye doctor chart without contacts or glasses). Also Diana stated that there were lots of bubbles and lights, and it looked like she wasn't too strong of a swimmer (I can't remember which cheerleader is which).

I did really enjoy the pep talk the one gave to the other, and it was nice to see her smiling on the platform even when she had to have known they were probably going home. I'd like to see them back again, they were generally good natured IMO and to be honest if I had to pick between a season with teams that were good at racing and teams who were nice to each other and worked well together I'd go with the latter.

If Kelsey and Joey don't win the finale I'm so done (which means I'll be upset for a day or so but definitely still watch the next season)

I know the casting people don't know how racers will react under pressure but I'd like to see more teams that seem to get along and are along for the ride like the dancers, the cousins, the scientists from the past season, less people like the paparazzi and green team. I understand it is a competition but sometimes I'd like to see people who are there more for the trip, like I know the Texans choice to go touring in Paris was "dumb" but it's what I would do if the train wasn't for a few hours, who knows when you'll have time or money to go back? I understand being competitive, and have honestly said "second place is first loser" to myself a few times a la Justin and Diana, but I wouldn't say that on the race because my reason for going would be the experience, any trips, prizes, or money would be a bonus.

• Love 7

If the reporters and Logan and Chris really wanted Justin and Diana out why didn't they show Krista where to go?  I was surprised they just left her like that.

if they had known that J&D were BEHIND them then I have a feeling they would have tried to give  Krista a pointer on where to look- They all thought that J&D were ahead of them.

• Love 6

For a few brief moments I thought that we were done with Mr. Crybaby. Seemed like he cried thru out this entire leg. He is like a cartoon character.

Not a fan of the papps or the reporters but, after tonight, I'd be happy to see either of them win. Watching Justin dissolve into a puddle of tears when he doesn't win the race would be great TV. I've tried to root for him but the crying jag tonight was too much.

The cheerleaders were positive and supportive of each other. They ran a good race. Would much rather see them in the finale than the papps but...oh well.

• Love 6

Welp! I think the Green Team can be a little much - but I think they deserve to be in the Final 3 so I'm happy. I'd have preferred the Cheerleaders over the Paparazzi to make it to the final however.

I've found Justin exhausting but his enthusiasm for the race has made me root for his team. My money is on the reporters to win the big prize but I'm hoping that the team that has run such a dominant race pulls through. I'm going to show myself out :)

• Love 12

I had so much hope, but at the last minute it was sadly crushed.

It was possible that the big green ugly was out, but no, his ugly mug will be back next week. Gee, can't wait.

I was yelling at the TV at poor Krista...they were doing great and I so wanted the cheerleaders to bag a win. Or the reporters. Even the Paps. Anybody but the ugly green.

So we have his full range of emotion...bawling like a spoiled toddler, being nasty to his partner, insulting his cab driver who was inconsiderate enough to not speak English, and then returning to his full dickish, braggart self within seconds. How I despise you, ugly green.

In the interests of American foreign policy, his passport should be voided and he should be banned from imposing his ugliness on innocent foreigners.

• Love 18

Seemed like he cried thru out this entire leg. He is like a cartoon character.

I'm not a fan of the weepy stuff or the ugly-American stuff either, but I'm also not a fan of teams getting fucked over by cab drivers when they complete the tasks smartly and efficiently. You can argue that Green shouldn't have assumed that the address out of the phone meant taking a cab, and that they should have sought out a local first to cross-reference the address, but that's a kind of A++ racing that you don't see even from superfans.

Not a fan of the papps or the reporters but, after tonight, I'd be happy to see either of them win.

If the edit is set up so that Live Local Action Eyewitness News finally goes from second to first for the big final bath mat -- and dear me, it's been foreshadowed that way -- then I'll be basically okay with it, because they've been a competent and un-annoying team, though, as so often is the case with Live Local Action Eyewitness News, they have not a person's worth of personality between the two of them. Chris and Logan can GTFO, because they are (based on their showing on TAR) terrible people and weak racers.

• Love 9

Oh God..the suspense was killing me! I couldn't believe that Krista kept aiming her head upward instead of downward, while the fish were right below her. If I yelled, "It's right there!" once, I yelled it a dozen times.

Yeah, the Green Team...argggh! I recalled how nasty Justin gets when he's not in first place, and tonight he was in rare form, insulting the taxi driver, berating Diane, immediately assuming the worst. That penalty was SWEET! But alas..it was not to be. Looks like they are the team to beat in the finale.

I am rooting for the reporters. They've got a good story..always second place until the LAST LEG! That would be a perfect ending. Ahhh.. we'll see. 

Edited by Jodithgrace
  • Love 19

I am sure that Kelsey and Joey DO have personalities.. but seeing as they're being overshadowed by Logan and Chris (awful) and Justin and DIana (uh... no words but definitely takes up the entire screen  I mean room) it didn't come through very well.

Quite frankly I prefer quiet hard working racers than either of the other two couple whether or not they worked their butts off or relied a lot on luck.

• Love 11

It really did not take much for Justin to show his true colors. Yes, he and Diana are good racers but they have also had some incredible good luck especially with taxis.  And how incredibly nasty was he in the taxi?  And he was still addressing the camera; he knew he was behaving badly but could not stop himself.  Just a  nasty man.

I don't know why Krista never seemed to go below the surface until her final dive when she found the fish.  If she had gotten under the bubbles she would have been able to see them faster.  But I agree they were gracious losers.

Everyone keeps saying how bland the reporters are.  Maybe they are very aware of how they appear on camera but I think Joey has shown a sense of humor about things and some wit.  Kelsey is more of a blank slate for me but I am wholeheartedly rooting for them to take it.

• Love 13

I am shocked that Chris and Logan are still in this at all, let alone winning the penultimate leg against teams that have been beating them all along.

They may not deserve it, but I'd love to see them win, just to watch Justin's head explode.

Justin is clearly not a resilient person, is he? Free Diana!

• Love 8

I was watching one of Anthony Bourdain's shows the other day, he was in Hong Kong and was talking to an American expat who was explaining some nuances of Chinese culture. One of the things he said was that one never ever yells at another person in public there, because when you yell at someone, it's not a reflection on them, it's a reflection on you. How true. Even if the other person is a cab driver who totally screwed you over. And even if he doesn't understand you. 

Also, how Krista was able to smile going for her fifth attempt after her meltdown is beyond me. What a spirit!

• Love 18

I am not a necessarily a fan of the paps, but I despise Justin more.  There has to be some vindication that it was the paps who broke crybaby Justin's winning streak - after they were U-Turn unsuccessfully by the Green Team.

Yeah, I would take either the reporters or paps winning - just to see that egomaniac/sore loser Justin have a meltdown.

• Love 17

And Phil? "Bet you didn't see that coming"? That's Probst. That's not you, even if it deflated the blowhard.

Yes, I didn't appreciate Phil taking sides so obviously on this one.  And I wanted Green to make it -- they have been dominant on this Race, I want to see them in the finals.  Papps are so much more obnoxious than anything Green has done, they are the only ones I want to see tapped out in the dark of night by Phil.  Otherwise, I am good with either the team that came in first 7 times or the team that came in second 5 times.

Edited by msburg
  • Love 12

OMFG!  I am hoarse from screaming at the tv and then texting people asking if they too were screaming at the tv.  Dive deeper, you need to go deeper!  OMG it's right there!

I realized that I can actually take the paparazzi better than Justin.  At least the girl paparazzi can give as good as she gets and the guy doesn't seem taken aback.  Justin will not allow Diane to dare refute him and he hammers at her over and over.  I find him emotionally abusive and if I were her I would most certainly get counseling before marrying him.

Does anyone remember Victoria and her husband?  He was getting pushy with her and yelling at her?  We all thought he was abusive and then after the show they played it off as race behavior?  Well we were right.  It ends up that he took everything from her including her child and left her high and dry.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 4

Green team (mostly Justin) can't blame their problems on the taxi driver -- they never asked anyone around them where the address was.  Why assume the location required a taxi...without checking first?  Also, they took the wrong ferry (not RTFC as someone already posted).  Big mistakes!

• Love 10

SHUT UP JUSTIN!! Could NOT stand him this episode. What a whiny baby. Hated him going on and on about how the challenge was tailor made for him and doubting Diana.

And WHY was krista repeatedly just skimming the surface and not diving down? Obviously, if what you're doing isn't working, try a different tactic.

Edited by awaken
  • Love 7

Darn. That would have been the most spectacular fall in TAR history. Justin goes from smug to jerk very quickly. If I were Diana, I'd run the other way. He's a real jerk when he's not getting his way. Red flags all over the place. He went right back to smug in the previews for next week. 

I was screaming at the TV for Krista to find that darn fish. Holy cow that was frustrating.

I don't really care for any of the teams. I'd be OK with the reporters winning, but they are pretty bland. However, they've been consistent and aren't screaming at each other. Justin and Diana and the paps are just horrible IMO. 

• Love 8

Justin is insufferable. I have never loathed an TAR contestant so much. How funny it would be if the superfan was the death knell of the show.

If he does end up winning, I hope Diana dumps his jerk xss. No woman deserves that DB.

• Love 16
At least the girl paparazzi can give as good as she gets and the guy doesn't seem taken aback.

Did anyone find it odd when he said in the tailor's workshop "I told you we need to fold it. I know things!"? It kinda came off as if he is not sure himself he "knows things" all that often, no?  

Green team (mostly Justin) can't blame their problems on the taxi driver -- they never asked anyone around them where the address was.  Why assume the location required a taxi...without checking first?  Also, they took the wrong ferry (not RTFC as someone already posted).

Ironically, they got sent to the Kowloon ferry precisely because they asked someone around them. This is the danger in asking locals for help - they will suggest a better way how to get somewhere, but their definition of "better" may be very different from that of the racers'.

Also, they kind of asked the driver to take them to the address. He should have known where it is.

Edited by shura
  • Love 10

I would agree that we have overall seen more frequent worse behavior from the reporters than Justin, but I think that is only because Justin has been in first for much of the race.  As soon as things don't go his way, he melts down even worse than the reporters.  They're all dreadful people, and I found myself rooting for the cheerleaders. 

• Love 7

I would agree that we have overall seen more frequent worse behavior from the reporters than Justin, but I think that is only because Justin has been in first for much of the race.  As soon as things don't go his way, he melts down even worse than the reporters.  They're all dreadful people, and I found myself rooting for the cheerleaders. 

Do you mean the paparazzi?  I don't remember any bad (or "dreadful") behavior from the reporters, but maybe I forgot something.

• Love 2

I think Krista couldn't dive because she has too much buoyancy.

Don't get married, Diana - you don't deserve that.

The first two couples' reactions were highly amusing and I got a clear sense the cheerleaders weren't going to make it when Krista made the comment about someone having a hard time with the task. I am sure I heard Miss Alli's squawking foreshadowing vulture of doom - or whatever she used to call it.

Edited by momlyd
  • Love 1