Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Wesen Nacht

Dam, Juliette is back. 

I never hated Juliette before she went mad with power but she crossed lines that a good character (or rather one that is supposed to be viewed as on the good side) can't come back from.  They did their job too well.  I don't want her back.  It feels like a regression for the show.  Also a cop out that our team couldn't fine a way to "fix" Juliette but a few months in a dark cell  and now she's on the side of angels?  I would have accepted this storyline, that she embraces her new powers and uses it to help Nick, earlier but now it just makes me sigh. 

I'll keep watching because really, as long as Monroe and Rosalee are fine, I can cope but I'm not looking forward to what's coming nearly as much. 

I think Kelly will turn out to be Nik and Juliette's and Diana will return to Adalind and Renard.

Another storyline that had they gone there before Adalind bonded with the baby, I would have been interested in seeing.  Genetically it makes sense but now unless they kill off Adalind, making her lose a second child (even if she got DIana back) is too cruel. Of course is they can "fix" Juliette's Hexinbeast evilness, they should be able to do the same for Adalind, thus making her fully redeemed which would make her even more likely to be in the triangle.

Random thoughts:

The wig reminded me of the one Lana Lang wore in Asia to "hide" her identity. 

Also, what was the point of the stupid wig if by the next episode Juliette is back to her regular hair? 

I knew something with the key had to be coming when I noticed it's prominence in the intro this year.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

OK, Rubel said something to Adalind I think we kind of glossed over...she got the bike 6 months ago.  Just how long HAS it been since she "killed" Juliette?  Maybe that's why we're not seeing Nick grieving too hard.  It's been a lot longer than we've thought.  So instead of deep grief, he's gotten dumber, is that it?

No necessarily.  Trubel was gone for months and she could have gotten the bike right after she first left with Josh.  (Heck, how else would she have gotten back to Portland).  I do hope that they explain how Trubel went from babysitting what's-his-name to becoming an assassin.  

So, another random question.  I only watched the last 5 minutes (long story involving doors flying across the laundry room...).  Anyway...

The place where the final scene took place...does that look pretty similar to Nick's new digs? And does that look similar to the place scene in the episode with the fire guy?  And does that look similar to the old paper factory in Beeware?

• Love 1

HAHAHAHA! That cheap blonde wig was TERRIBLE on Juliette!

I guess the writers think the Juliette reveal was shocking? I think many of us suspected she was coming back. Probably with new personality change, now with a more friendly plays with kittens version since she saved Nick and everyone. NOT amnesia, please! I'm kind of hoping she is playing a completely new character that just looks like Juliette, so the actress can have some new material to work with.

The rest of the episode before the reveal was good, and I hope that was the end of the uprising arc. That Trubel telling Adalind how weird her relationship with NIck was was great, finally someone points out how weird it is.

Edited by icewolf

The place where the final scene took place...does that look pretty similar to Nick's new digs? And does that look similar to the place scene in the episode with the fire guy?  And does that look similar to the old paper factory in Beeware?

All dingy warehouses start looking alike to me. 

• Love 6

I guess the writers think the Juliette reveal was shocking? I think many of us suspected she was coming back. Probably with new personality change, now with a more friendly plays with kittens version since she saved Nick and everyone. Anything but NOT amnesia, please! I'm kind of hoping she is playing a completely new character that just looks like Juliette, so the actress can have some new material to work with.

Stacey posted a link in the Spoiler thread to an article that explains this further....

And was anyone really surprised at this?  Really?  Every single trope-ish sign was there.....and all day the cast was tweeting things like, 'Someone comes back from the dead in the last 5 minutes!"

The only thing that surprised me was that I had heard that it would happen by the end of the 8th episode. I guess I interpreted that as it will happen IN the 8th episode, so I wasn't expecting it until February.

Speaking of that, I'm usually chomping at the bit after these mid-season or season finales.  This one, however, I couldn't care less.  Sigh....

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 2

I was only watching in spurts, but as predictable as it was when Juliette came to the rescue, I will take her return over the revolting Nick/Analind family.

I like the writers are pretending that they remember the dropped key story and what it was supposed to be about.

The best part of that episode was Rosalee punching that guy and then smashing his face into the dashboard. It was so hilarious that I could not stop laughing.

I could have watched an entire hour of Rosalee punching Xavier. Who I kept wanting to call Tom because of Cougar Town. 

• Love 1

Ugh, Juliette.. Why is she back? I don't want her back.

I never hated Juliette before she went mad with power but she crossed lines that a good character (or rather one that is supposed to be viewed as on the good side) can't come back from.  They did their job too well.  I don't want her back.  It feels like a regression for the show.  Also a cop out that our team couldn't fine a way to "fix" Juliette but a few months in a dark cell  and now she's on the side of angels?  I would have accepted this storyline, that she embraces her new powers and uses it to help Nick, earlier but now it just makes me sigh. 

Exactly. They made her irredeemable, nothing she does now is going to make her one of the good guys again. If they wanted people to want her back, they shouldn't have made her do unforgivable things like burning down the trailer.

I don't believe Truble, there's something else she's not telling. If she was working for this organization, why was she in a cell? Why did Meisner come out of the cell covered in blood? I don't trust her.

• Love 3

Anyone else think that was a super fast grown up SEXY TEEN Diana and her telekinesis till they showed Juliette's face? I'm not sure if that would have been a shark jumping moment.

I'm not on Twitter and I don't look actively for Grimm spoilers, so when I saw the wig and the telekinesis, I crossed my fingers and my toes for a SORASed Diana.

Alas, I can't have nice things.

• Love 2

Godsdammit. Why the fuck is Juliette back?? I knew it was too good to be true.  Sigh

BT is dating DG, so of course she's not leaving the show, unfortunately!

I am not even going to bother watching this episode now that Juliette is back.  

Adios!

• Love 1

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm glad that I had a heads up on the return of the Bland One.

BYE, show.

I'll be over here with Ottermommy as she gripes about Nadalind.

I'd rather watch Nick screw every woman in Portland than have freaking Juliette's blank, smirking, blank face on my blankity blank TV.

No offense to Ottermommy, but I agree.  I don't like Nadalind, but I will tolerate it and hope it goes away.  The writers and showrunners have to know that it's not working.  Plus, the big ole elephant in the room. 

I will tolerate Nadalind over Juliette, who I can't stand with the fury of 1000 suns.

One more thing: Nick's awesome and actual bad-ass mom is dead, but we got HER back? Why is life so unfair?

I would accept any pretzel logic to get Mama Grimm back.  And I would use the same pretzel logic to see the permanent demise of Juliette. 

Now I understand the Laura Lance ragers.

I haven't watched the show Arrow, but I did finally watch the episode with John Constantine.  I've seen one episode, but that Laurel character makes my eye itch. 

When I watched Constantine, I couldn't believe how much I missed him.  I was so happy for his return. 

My feeling for Juliette's return is 180 degrees of how I feel about John.  He'll always be welcome. 

Edited by spaulding
  • Love 2

Stacey posted a link in the Spoiler thread to an article that explains this further....

And was anyone really surprised at this?  Really?  Every single trope-ish sign was there.....and all day the cast was tweeting things like, 'Someone comes back from the dead in the last 5 minutes!"

The only thing that surprised me was that I had heard that it would happen by the end of the 8th episode. I guess I interpreted that as it will happen IN the 8th episode, so I wasn't expecting it until February.

I had inadvertently read some months ago that she would be back and was able to avoid all spoilers after that, so when she still wasn't pictured in the title sequence for this episode, I figured plans for her return had fallen through. So I was surprised. But all I could think of when she appeared was: Where have I seen that wig before? Arrow? Falling Skies? (both shows I stopped watching after appearances by The Wig)

Well, I'm pretty sure the writers were thinking Crystal nacht when they came up with the title, considering that I didn't see the title before the show and when the "black shirts" (really?) were breaking the shop windows I immediately thought, "It's the Wessen version of crystal nacht!" So when i did see the title it seemed obvious. Airing it  during Chanuka was pretty tone deaf, but I confess i didn't think of that until I saw it mentioned here.

Sigh..I knew Juliette was coming back from the coy non-spoiler offered up by DG in an interview, where he said, "Coming back? I doubt it. I mean, here we are filming episode 6 and no sign of Bitsie.." So i immediately thought, "Okay sometime after episode 6, then."

I confess, I don't mind Nick and the new normal Adalind. Unfortunately it's hard to forget original recipe Adalind, who could reappear any time now. And we have no idea what recipe the new "Pretty Woman" Juliette is now. She seems to be working for the "good  guys" now but that'a about all we know. Hey..maybe she used her time off to take some acting lessons!

Rosalee..seems so gentle and kind but is such a badass when she has to be. I love her. I was so afraid Xavier was going to turn on her during the ride home. Thank goodness he just caved in and gave her the heads up (under duress) I love that even other Wessen are creeped out by his woge!

BTW..my autocorrect hates this show. So many words it feels compelled to correct for me. I have to proofread like crazy to make sure I'm not typing total nonsense. 

Trouble looks really wrecked. i hope she has some time to recover before the next battle.

• Love 1
Yes, I'd rather watch a full-on romance novel Nadalind lovefest than have Juliette back. At least I find Claire Coffee interesting, even though they tried to turn her as bland as Juliette. It doesn't work, because she can act and has expressions and tries to put some nuance in wherever she can.

Yep, yep, yep. I've always been on Team Single Nick.

But I don't think it will ever happen. It's as if the writers do everything to screw up Nick's options in the romantic department, so I come to think it's done voluntarily. The show is a deconstruction of fairy tales, so the fair prince will not find a princess, or get to be a celibate slayer of evil. He's bound to end up with a witch, in a relationship with unsavory shades of some type.

I confess, I don't mind Nick and the new normal Adalind. Unfortunately it's hard to forget original recipe Adalind, who could reappear any time now.

Even in S1, before the major mess, I couldn't see Adalind as a romantic possibility for Nick. I hate the idea of a romance between N/A on the principle,  because of the bagage but onscreen? I don't mind Nick and Adalind, either. I'd be able to like them as friends and co-parents, if Adalind stays good -which isn't granted yet, indeed. Even the bra in the bathroom scene, that made me roll my eyes over and over, bothered me less than one frame of Juliette in her wig.

So I'll take them even as a couple over Special Snowflake and her dead stare, which is going to be only worse because she was really dead.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

Well, I predicted Blandy McBlanderson was either going to come back as Blandy, the same jerk who killed Nick's mom, or new "improved" bad-ass Juliette, now with even more smirks as the only way she knows how to express said bad-assery.

I laughed at your whole post, while nodding my head in solidarity. They cannot fix her bad acting, no matter what they do to the character. How could the writers fail to notice that a major character left the show and the fans neither mourned nor cared?Of all the great characters they've killed off, this is the one they want to bring back??. Just stupid.

• Love 4

Lol with this basic ass dollar store Jean Grey knockoff, go home bitch.

Thank goodness someone leveled up her badassery since clearly it takes her under a minute to destroy a force of numbers that had a Grimm, Zauerbiest, two armed cops and a Blutbad running like bitches. Is Nick now a damsel in distress? Is he going to spend the rest of the season taking phone calls at the police station now while BT totes around like a weirdly awkward wig ninja? The Buckles is real with this one.

• Love 2

It's going to be like a love pentagon

I almost forgot about Meisner, but yes you're right.

I hate Adalind & this story with her & Nick so it would be GREAT if Juliette would kill Adalind. 2 wrongs made right. I don't think she will though.

Seeing as they didn't even have the balls to kill off 1 main regular, most likely not.  They would've already dropped her seasons ago instead of dragging her out and dumping 2 babies on the show.

• Love 2

I have to ignore the Nick/Adalind/baby stuff and the return of Juliette for the moment because that's all making me teeter on the brink of dropping this mess. 

The wesen uprising and the Hadrian's Wall people are not making much sense to me.  Trubel has been with them since shortly after leaving with Josh, has been around the world, gets paid big money in cash, but still was being in a cage match with Meisner recently?  Did she want to bolt, or was needing more training or what?  Also, why isn't she just coming clean with Nick about everything, instead of being all vague and then divulging more to Adalind? 

What is making Monroe a target of the black shirts?  Being married to Rosalee, or being friendly with a Grimm?  Why were the baker and the other guy targets?  I guess we'll find out but it's muddy right now.

If Adalind doesn't get her powers back soon, she's going to be stuck in the dreary fortress alone a lot.  Nick's going to be very busy with the uprising.  But even if she does get hexenated, that baby is going to be a problem.  The show never should have gone there. 

I must say that I am glad that they made it clear that Nick was not having sex with Analind. This is clearly a plot point done to make it easier for him to extricate himself from their domestic arrangement as he starts to woo NuJuliette.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I haven't watched regularly since season 2 but dipped my toes in again this Fall because Juliette was gone. Sigh. I've never warmed to Trubel, so having her back but acting shady isn't helping. Did I miss Nick or anyone even asking how/why she got so beat up? Nick also seemed pretty blasé about the fact that some unknown group of cabalists had been tracking him and knew about his secret lair, child, and entire life.

Because my annoyance meter is calibrated extremely low with this show, even the term Hadrian's Wall abbreviated to "aitch double-you" makes me roll my eyes.

• Love 1

I thought Trubel was also shady about Meisner.  She said she knew him, but that was it.  Not that they worked together, not that he was a good guy, nothing.  I think Meisner is actually on the good side and Trubel is not.  Whether Trubel knows that or not, though, I don't know.   Plus, I'm probably wrong.  I do think they (HW) want Nick for not so good purposes.  If they were on the up and up I'd think they'd just have Trubel ask him for help with something or other.

Long ago, when both Juliette's body and Kelly's head disappeared, I worried that who ever took them wanted to put Kelly's head on J's body to resurrect her somehow.  Now that thought has creeped back, although maybe not a full head transplant, a personality/soul transplant/download. Ugh. I don't read spoilers so it was a random thought, but now I just may read those spoilers to see how this all turns out.

I'll be over here with Ottermommy as she gripes about Nadalind.

Oh, please join me!  I'd say that it is getting lonely over here, but it seems that people are rapidly joining this little snark party!  The more the merrier!

Okay, so a night after watching the last 5 minutes (at this point, I really don't have the desire to go back to watch the entire episode), I think I finally know how I'm feeling.

I had always considered the return of Juliette a given, so I'm neither surprised nor horribly angry about it.  While I think it would have been much more advantageous for the show to leave her dead, end this Nadalind crap, let Nick mourn and then...EVENTUALLY...introduce a new love interest, I told myself that at least it would end this Adalind nonsense (which, despite how the showrunners are currently talking around things, I do still think it will do....)

Instead, I'm just sad.  This was never a perfect show, but it was fun.  It was filmed in my area, it was quirky, and it had great eye candy.  It was my reward for making it through the week.  Now, it's crumbling.  Juliette's return was not inspired or creative or the least bit surprising.  It just was.  That's all I can say about it.  They've pushed the most interesting parts of this show to the background because....well, I don't know why.  They are trying to be sensational, but are landing just short of trite. 

I'm a story person--I can forgive a multitude of sins in a movie, show, book, play, etc, if the story is good.  I honestly don't know if this show ever had a good story going, but it at least showed--at times--the potential of a good story.  Even that is gone now.  What do we have?  Story lines that go nowhere and/or end abruptly because the writers just don't know how to handle them, "twists" that have been done too many times on too many other shows, and a love (insert appropriate geometric shape).

I'm still DVR'ing this but, frankly, at this point I don't see my involvement going beyond filling up my DVR's memory and coming here for the snark and to chat about what might have been.

• Love 4

I'm more than happy to join the snark party. It is quite entertaining! And many good points. Please forgive me though if I DO continue to watch the show...must be the OCD side of me - but i refuse to drop something that I have stuck with for 4+ years. I'm in until the bitter end. And since the show runners seem hellbent on turning their fandom against them, and losing viewers weekly..I take it as a personal challenge to FINISH this series, cringeworthy or not, despite the show runners.

Having said that, I do say I'm a little creeped out by the parallels to real world events. A fanatical Wesen group involved in an uprising,,,worldwide,,,attacking their own kind as well as their "enemies". I'm not sure how I feel about all that...I actually think there was a line in there about Paris? And this episode was filmed before the attacks there I think.

And my thought now is that Meisner wasn't fist to cuffs with Truble..,I think it was some sort of "retraining" of Juliette...which was my few at all along from the first moment I heard the screeching in the cell.

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 2

Well, I'll be hate-watching from here on in.  Actively looking for shit to bitch about.  (Sadly, I too have this disorder that won't allow me to drop a show once I'm into S2.)  I will try to note a few things I still appreciate.  I'll start there.

-Love Wu, Rosalee, and Monroe.  Their character arcs haven't been destroyed.

-The premise remains a potentially great background for awesome stories, and still often provides wonderful characters.

Okay, now all the hate begins. 

-Juliette was a 'meh' character in the midst of good ones.  She's now become a truly horrible character who rivals S4 Cordelia from Angel in terms of the depth of crap she's sunk into.  I echo those who would rather deal with a Nadalind triangle with Meisner than the return to the Wooden Bitch.

-To add to Ottermom's comments:  I think the real sadness is that Grimm has so many good characters who have been served so poorly by bad writing and lousy stories. 

-I could enumerate a bunch of specific examples of things I hate, but in general it's like the Show just can't execute.  Whatever good ideas or characters or plots or arcs are proposed in the writers room simply turn into cliche and soapy melodrama.  It's like they don't respect genre fantasy, and think they can 'do anything' and the mindless fantasty geeks will lap it up.

Edited by kminfinity
  • Love 2

I'm more than happy to join the snark party. It is quite entertaining! And many good points. Please forgive me though if I DO continue to watch the show...must be the OCD side of me - but i refuse to drop something that I have stuck with for 4+ years. I'm in until the bitter end. And since the show runners seem hellbent on turning their fandom against them, and losing viewers weekly..I take it as a personal challenge to FINISH this series, cringeworthy or not, despite the show runners.

Having said that, I do say I'm a little creeped out by the parallels to real world events. A fanatical Wesen group involved in an uprising,,,worldwide,,,attacking their own kind as well as their "enemies". I'm not sure how I feel about all that...I actually think there was a line in there about Paris? And this episode was filmed before the attacks there I think.

And my thought now is that Meisner wasn't fist to cuffs with Truble..,I think it was some sort of "retraining" of Juliette...which was my few at all along from the first moment I heard the screeching in the cell.

Please do stay with the snark party!  We need someone to tell us what to snark about!

You're right...I think Trubel's bruises were from Juliette, not Meisner.   That being said...I think we pretty much have confirmation now that Meisner WAS beating Juliette into submission (er...training her....).  Not cool, show....not cool!

Edited by OtterMommy

I may just conveniently "forget" when the return is.  But then, do I wanna miss any Bud gold?  I really don't want to give up on Monroe & Rosalee, either...but....

OK, Rubel said something to Adalind I think we kind of glossed over...she got the bike 6 months ago.  Just how long HAS it been since she "killed" Juliette?  Maybe that's why we're not seeing Nick grieving too hard.  It's been a lot longer than we've thought.  So instead of deep grief, he's gotten dumber, is that it?

Yeah, I was thinking how can Terese be with this group for six months while Nick is just living with Adalind for how long (and caring for a baby)? Although, I guess it's possible since Nick was able to sell his house (in this market), buy a secret paint factory and turned into a Grimm Fortress, etc... that maybe 6 months has passed (although, I feel that it has only been a few weeks, maybe a month). If that is the case it looks like Nick has turned into something dumb and duller than his usual self. 

• Love 1

I have to wonder why, if they swooped in and picked up Trubel and have been watching Nick, the HW hasn't grabbed up Nick and Renard in the bargain.  I mean, if the stakes are so high.  I suspect that maybe the mayoral candidate is part of the uprising, or else why bring in an election/candidate.  Will his aim be to "unmask" Renard, since their motto is to be hidden no more?  This is all pretty interesting, potentially.  I have to push the soap aspects to the side and hope they don't take up much screen time.

I'm okay with it, if it doesn't go too far in one direction or another.  So far we have some nasty criminal wesen, some very law-abiding, peacable wesen, some who have struggled greatly with who they are.  And various authorities and political-type factions in the wesen and human worlds that wield some power over them.  I wouldn't mind seeing an exploration of all of that.  Better that than the show going completely comic book superhero with the amazing Juliette to the rescue at every crisis.  

"Anyone else think that was a super fast grown up SEXY TEEN Diana and her telekinesis till they showed Juliette's face?"

Diana's involvement is a wonderful idea. It hadn't occurred to me yet that she could have been the magical power involved in bringing her back, because Juliette was dead - I had been stuck wondering what Meisner is.

The show is wonderful as suspense right now (esp. compared with first season where they were just solving crimes each episode). The plot of each episode has not matched  the promo at all.

It is clear that Meisner is the best fighter in the room, but they haven't remotely explained what he was doing with Trubal and Juliette in cells in a special facility. When Trubel explained her last few months, I still couldn't really understand what she was doing, but it sounded like she was voluntarily going to these places someone was sending her and she didn't particularly complain about Meisner. But she didn't say they were friends either.

The show has demonstrated that witches can bring people back from the dead - so is it Meisner that was practicing magic? Or, is Meisner a Grimm (because the two traits that Grimms seem to have is 1. ability to recognize wesen, and 2. stronger fighting skills than most wesen). Or is he one of those eagles like Chavez (the eagle creatures are known to cooperate with grimms, are good fighters, and are brave). But... we also can remember that they have Diana over there somewhere, and she is supposed to be especially powerful magic.

The vandalism looks like the writers were taking after Kristallnacht (personal aside, my mother comes from Germany and actually remembers it in her town when she was 5 - they had a cheese/game shop in Giessen/Hessen and neighbors stores were hit, and her jewish kindergarten teacher fled soon afterwards). If it was a coordinated uprising rather than just the group of a couple dozen in Portland, then there has to be a leader somewhere who they haven't introduced. But, we might speculate that the candidate that Renard was asked to endorse is involved somehow, as a stealth candidate - because why else introduce this story.

I didn't quite follow what was happening with Xavier the blob fish guy (I guess a Hasenfussige Schnecke translates to rabbit-footed slug).  If his kidnapping was just staged to lure a Portland grimm and his friend (they had a photo of Monroe) into a trap, would this really be the top concern of their sect on the night that they were doing a big riot or demonstration of their power? Wouldn't there be a better way of luring them somewhere?

Also -

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 1

"And my thought now is that Meisner wasn't fist to cuffs with Truble..,I think it was some sort of "retraining" of Juliette...which was my few at all along from the first moment I heard the screeching in the cell."

Also note that Trubel didn't mention that Juliette was at the facility with her yet. Also, Nick asked her "what did they do with Juliette's body" and Trubel said she didn't know. So that amounts to deception. I can totally accept a storyline that magic was involved with a dramatic rise from the dead and reset of personality. Meisner still runs everything? Also, despite their preparations, Chavez gets taken out rather easily.

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 1

I *almost* watched and I hated Hexen-ette, but I rabidly prefer her over Nick, Adalind and rapefruit. I was actually not upset over her returning because A. we all knew she would and 2. I was thinking at least it would break up Nick and Adalind.

But I just can't with this show anymore. I always looked forward to the Christmas episodes, mostly due to Monroe, but I feel like in this season, Monroe, Hank and Wu are marginalized and they are three of the only reasons I wanted to still love the show.

I'm out but I'll come here and read occasionally, we can mourn together when they finally cancel it, likely at the end of this season, and I have to see what OtterMommy has to say about the latest turd-olotry our once beloved show has become.

Edited by PepperMonkey

People keep talking about breaking up Nick and Adalind, but they are not dating.  They are cohabitating only and I thought that had been pretty clear all around.  I do think it's stupid that Nick feels he has to live Adalind to be part of and protect his son's life, but I never thought it was anything more than that.

• Love 5

I figured Juliette would be back at some point, so no real surprise there, but I rolled my eyes pretty hard just the same. 

I have no idea what is going on with Truble, but something was off, and she seems pretty secretive.  I will not like it if she becomes nefarious.  

For the most part, I still enjoy this show because I'm still drawn to most of the characters.  I really like Monroe, Rosalee, Bud, Wu, Hank, Renard, Meisner and Teresa (even though I did find her a suspiciously cagey this episode).  Adalind and Juliette are really the only things about this show that I can't stand.  I never used to dislike Juliette, and Adalind was sometimes amusing in small doses, but their storylines have really tanked and become a blight for this show.  I wish they would both just disappear.  I still like Nick, I guess, but he has been annoying me a bit lately. 

I too was bummed about the lack of a Christmas episode.

• Love 1

First of all, that wig was Alias level of silly. Was that supposed to make Juliette coming back a big surprise. Because...its really not. Look, I was never a Juliette hater, in particular, until the whole "goes MAD with POWER" plot line happened. Then I started to actively dislike her, then pretty much wanted to punch her in the face. She really serves no more purpose on this show, why is she still here?

There were a lot of things to like about this episode (Rosalee being badass, Renard using his wogue to scare people, the return of T), but for the most part, I just sat there wishing for a Christmas episode.  

• Love 5

Long ago, when both Juliette's body and Kelly's head disappeared, I worried that who ever took them wanted to put Kelly's head on J's body to resurrect her somehow.  Now that thought has creeped back,

You mean Juliette's head on Kelly's body (because Dr. Frankenstein wouldn't have Kelly's head after they sent it to Nick), right? That would be a horror show I wouldn't want to watch, especially if it means Nick being in for a surprise when he gets naked with Juliette and discovers she now has his mom's body. Even if they don't go there, the psycho drama of Nick even knowing of such a composite creature exists is not my idea of Friday night entertainment.
  • Love 1

Mr. QB loves Bitsy so he was glad she's back. That's one.

I am going to have to watch this again since I really didn't understand what Trouble was doing, the organization, that whole bit. Seemed really vague and sketchy to me.

People keep talking about breaking up Nick and Adalind, but they are not dating.  They are cohabitating only and I thought that had been pretty clear all around.  I do think it's stupid that Nick feels he has to live Adalind to be part of and protect his son's life, but I never thought it was anything more than that.

They are only cohabitating, but more has been teased.  Adalind needing a hug, forgetting her clothes in the bathroom, Nick looking at her bra (when I type it it sounds so junior high).  He also could have moved his bed into the bedroom.  So I think they want us to think that at least Adalind is plying her usual seduction.

Diana's involvement is a wonderful idea. It hadn't occurred to me yet that she could have been the magical power involved in bringing her back, because Juliette was dead - I had been stuck wondering what Meisner is.

It seems like Diana has been mentioned in almost every episode so far; they have got to be bringing her back and I'm wondering what the age progression will be.

I don't expect them to be able to predict that it would or would not air on a Hanukkah night, given the way networks jerk schedules around for sports or specials--But the episode title was completely unnecessary under any circumstances.

ETA: Does anyone who knows more about the thought processes of the team in Portland know if "Wesen Nacht" was supposed to be just a variation on "Silent Nacht" (the song) and if the night time breaking of shop windows of a particular ethnic (or however you classify Wesen) group was written without knowledge of Crystal Nacht?

I firmly believe it was written with Kristallnacht in mind - given the targets and the shattering glass (for which the infamous night was named). I'm not sure how I feel about that - especially since this was Wesen on Wesen violence - which was not what was going on in the actual event they're referencing.

But all I could think of when she appeared was: Where have I seen that wig before? Arrow? Falling Skies? (both shows I stopped watching after appearances by The Wig)

I thought Storm from X-Men.

I actually enjoyed this episode up until the last five minutes. It had a lot more tension and momentum than I've noticed in a long time. And, even though I'm no Juliette fan, it did work as a last minute cavalry assist (wish it was Diana instead, though).

Loved that the Wesen girl's last name was Trump. That CANNOT be a coincidence.

Loved Rosalee slugging the slug. I really wanted her to Woge and snarl at him too.

Loved Hank's casual "I'M a cop - HE'S a Grimm" moment.

Woo was, as ever, wonderful.

• Love 4

But all I could think of when she appeared was: Where have I seen that wig before? Arrow? Falling Skies? (both shows I stopped watching after appearances by The Wig)

I thought Storm from X-Men.

All I can think was that wig is ugly as hell. 

• Love 2

When Trubel explained her last few months, I still couldn't really understand what she was doing, but it sounded like she was voluntarily going to these places someone was sending her and she didn't particularly complain about Meisner.

So are we to guess that Teresa and her Bike of Awesome were sent in shipping containers? Then, when she got to these destinations, she nbd'd to Customs and got her passport stamped and her bike okayed and blithely went on her way to whatever?  That's effing nuts to travel like that regularly, if we are to buy that.

Teresa is smart enough to read a room. Despite the script having Adalind do her bad rom-com imitation to Teresa about Nick, that Adalind only had thoughts about Meisner would have stopped Teresa from saying much about the guy. Teresa is weakened and living in a place this ex-ish hexenbiest knows better than herself. Why make a scene when you can't exactly leave the Fortress of Gray?

I don't know why I am so sure that this group Meisner's part of- Hadrian's Wall- is shipping folks in shipping containers, but I am. The group was shown in one of Portland's numerous, roomy warehouses, or some place similar, yet holding at least one container.  Then Teresa is shown in one, at least twice. Without interior lighting.

I could even sort of buy that using the shipping containers to sneak the Hadrian's Wall folks into some areas, in order to get around pesky Customs procedures and paper trails. It's that, not unlike The Flash and their Pipeline prison, there is nothing shown to indicate that the people in these containers are being treated humanely or with dignity. (Fashioning shipping containers into housing is a thing, but that does not seem like the outcome Hadrian's Wall is angling for in this show. At least not to me.)

Also, if a SORAS'd teen Diana shows up, ready and able to use her powers, then go for it show. Just don't try to sexualize a teenager, okay? Teens being sexualized is overdone on plenty of other shows, and this show already has a problem with writing females not named Rosalee well.

• Love 1

Also, if a SORAS'd teen Diana shows up, ready and able to use her powers, then go for it show. Just don't try to sexualize a teenager, okay? Teens being sexualized is overdone on plenty of other shows, and this show already has a problem with writing females not named Rosalee well.

Ditto on the not bringing Diana back as a 3 year old trapped in a 17 year olds's body temptress.  Just....no.

The rest of my reply is going over to the Everything Wrong thread...

• Love 1

I really liked this episode. 

Renard snarling at the blond girl.

Rosalee smacking the guy in the car.

Rosalee and Monroe trying to stop the woge. 

I like how comfortable Wu and Hank are with discussing Wesen. 

Then the end came and I thought "fuck you, show". 

I'm kind of torn about giving up on this show because this was such a good episode. If they turn Juliette into a superhero, I'm out. 

• Love 3