Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Wesen Nacht

Mid-season finale!

Nick and Hank investigate a wave of coordinated Wesen gang vandalism that results in the death of a local business owner and the kidnapping of Monroe and Rosalee's friend. As they dig deeper, they learn that Portland wasn't the only city hit with a wave of violence. Meanwhile, Truble fills Nick and Adalind on what she has been up to. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard dips his toes into politics as he endorses a local candidate.

Juliette??!!!??? Arggghhhh!!! *deep breath* Yay more Trubel! Nothing more to say right now...*violent sobbing* Editing to add that I'd (almost) prefer a Nick/Adalind happy family crapfest than more of Bitsie's non-acting. *F$!!!*

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 6

Dammit. 

Sometimes, people need to stay dead.

I don't even need to ask who.....

Okay...gotta ask...

How bad is the Nick/Adalind stuff....I can deal with Juliette (because, if you follow twitter, you should have already known she was back), but I can't do Nadalind.  Should I watch this or just delete it?

Juliette's alive and saved the day. Hot Damn! I got my Christmas present early. So Meisner and the HW/Resistance figured out a way to cure her. She's obviously still a Hexenbeiste, but now she's killing the right people. YES! It's Christmas.

This was an awesome episode. Finally, some threads are getting pulled together. I can't wait until the next episode.

Well, I know I have to wait. I loved this episode. My favorite part was Trubel cross examining Adalind. Too bad she couldn't have punched Adalind in the face, but I'll take what I can get.

• Love 14

Well, I couldn't decide whether to laugh or applaud when they said the Boston Tea Party was Wesen related, and I did applaud when Renard finally woged to make someone do something - it bothered me that when listing reasons to work with the police they used Nick being a Grimm but didn't use Renard being a Zauerbeist as evidence they could protect someone from other Wesen.

Then I was screaming NOOOOO to the ending, with a bonus NO to the horrible dollar store wig they had her in.  Also NO to the Trubel/Adalind conversation - "so I know you slept together" aka you raped him by deception.

Edited by athelyna
  • Love 6

Oh man, all I could think was "damn, the Grimm thread is going to implode when it's revealed its Juliet." I knew Juliet wasn't dead!

Trouble was acting way too suspicious, so I definitely knew something was up when she was talking with Adalind. I also really liked that we saw more normal Weson tonight? I always felt like all we saw were criminals, so it was nice to see the other side beyond Monroe, Rosalie, and Bud.

Is it bad that I want Weson's outed? It would definitely put the show in a whole new direction. And FINALLY, the Keys and the Black Forest. It's about time they go there. I wonder whose all going to end up on that trip? The whole scooby-do gang or just the Weson/Grimms.

• Love 5

I will forgive all the Juliette nonsense of the past year (including the wig) if she puts an end to the *gag*Nick and Adalind pairing*gag*.

I spent a good part of a commercial break trying to figure out how the Resistance and the Royals fit in with HW (given Meisner), but apparently the writers asked us to forget about the Royals?

• Love 8

I will forgive all the Juliette nonsense of the past year (including the wig) if she puts an end to the *gag*Nick and Adalind pairing*gag*.

I spent a good part of a commercial break trying to figure out how the Resistance and the Royals fit in with HW (given Meisner), but apparently the writers asked us to forget about the Royals?

End?  You know the writers will just make it a horrible love triangle.

• Love 2

Come on show,  really,  Jules bounces back in a cheap blonde hooker wig? REALLY? REALLY?

Nice to see Trouble with a James Bond bike, cute.

Nice to see Rosalind delivering a much needed beating.

That's they are both blonde for the bounce back.

• Love 4

I was only watching in spurts, but as predictable as it was when Juliette came to the rescue, I will take her return over the revolting Nick/Analind family.

I like the writers are pretending that they remember the dropped key story and what it was supposed to be about.

The best part of that episode was Rosalee punching that guy and then smashing his face into the dashboard. It was so hilarious that I could not stop laughing.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11

Come on show,  really,  Jules bounces back in a cheap blonde hooker wig? REALLY? REALLY.

Good choice of words because my first thought was she looked like Julia Roberts at the beginning of Pretty Woman.

I think there's going to be a lot of love it and hate it posts both. Not sure if having Juliette back is a good thing for the show or not. But they do get an extra point for keeping her name out of the opening credits - more than one show has ruined a "shocking" surprise that way.

• Love 3

Okay now that I've had time to breathe a bit I have to say that I'm frustrated with this episode. Wesen Revolution crap aside because that's not what anyone is caring about after this ep WTF with the Juliette resurrection??!!! To quote Pet Sematary "sometimes dead is better!!". Please understand I don't want a Nick/Adalind romance; a cordial parental relationship will be palatable. However, on this show, the return of Juliette will only mean angsty love triangle which I absolutely don't want to see. Screw this; I'm gonna wait for my X-Files reboot and curl up with my pretty Wincesters *pouts*

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 3

When does this show come back? Anybody have a date?

At the rate they're going I might be done. I was hoping against hope that Juliette would be gone but nooooooo she returns as a life saving hooker.

January 22.

Now, I'm off to watch Facebook explode.  That should be quite fun....

ETA: So, you can't say that Adalind raped Nick on FB, but you can say "Are you shitting me?"  Just sayin....

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 2

So, the HW are what?  The "new royals" wanting to control the Wesen and Grimm worlds?  At first I thought they wanted Grimms to be old school Grimms and kill any Wesen anywhere, but then I remembered they have Wesen within the organization.  So I'm left with exploitation of both.

The best part of that episode was Rosalee punching that guy and then smashing that his face into the dashboard. It was so hilarious that I could not stop laughing.

The part that made me laugh was when that guy was about to woge into his disgusting slug face and Monroe and Rosalie were desperately all, "Oh please don't!"

• Love 13

When does this show come back? Anybody have a date?

At the rate they're going I might be done. I was hoping against hope that Juliette would be gone but nooooooo she returns as a life saving hooker.

I don't remember from the promo, but I stopped caring especially with the dumb 'Wesen Revolution' or whatever they're trying to do with the keys.

the return of Juliette will only mean angsty love triangle which I absolutely don't want to see.

Exactly, that's where it's heading, obvious it had to happen right when Nick/Adalind's forced relationship happened so they can force in more horrible relationship drama/complications.

• Love 3

Hope non of our Hanukkah-celebrating posters were watching. This is the second (imo) inappropriate Holocaust nod this week. ( A gas chamber made an appearance on Arrow.) It's Hanukkah, TV folks!! Look at your effing schedules your own selves, 'kay? ::shakes head:: Timing is everything.

Anyhoo, it was almost like a regular cop show.  I guess so we'd be "shocked" by the reveal at the end.

Bud? Never change; love you. Drew Wu? Watch your six, dude! You know there's monsters.  Teresa! You're up and aware and being very polite to Adalind. What's up? (Please let there be something up!)

Hank? You are indeed a cop. Come sit by me and tell me some stories. *g*  Monroe and Rosalee? You guys are the most adorable couple. Please never leave us. Fight tyranny together, when needed of course.  Enjoy some holidays. Captain Renard. Were you flirting with the ad director? Awww, it was sort of sweet. The opposite of your awesome Woge of Intimidation, but I'm more than good with both.  Adalind? Don't try to talk to the Grimm who knows Nick and Meisner. She's like Shania Twain- not impressed much.

Does anyone know the wessen that Xavier was? I just wanted to hug him, he seemed so vulnerable. I get where he was, fear-wise, but not coming clean to Rosalee sooner? Is gonna cost him PR in the long run, providing he survives. ( Either the Uprising or Rosalee will have no patience for him.)  Speaking of the set-up? Why was no one sending unmarked surveillance to be used for potential back-up? Especially as the freaking Captain is going into the field this time? That Wu couldn't Google Fu and double check how the address was set for reals?  I have to think that as they walked those few feet from the cars, that it was in the cops and Monroe's minds that it was potentially a trap, due to how vulnerable they were, being in the open. It was all rushrush, when a couple of minutes would have helped delay the (seeming) inevitable, all other circumstances going as they did.

What is up with the pitch black container units? Teresa was kept in one. Juliette was kept in one. WTF, Show? It's inhumane, despite the people not being baseline human anymore. Doesn't GenevaCon have a set of conventioneers' rules? Doesn't specifically leave out wesen, so... .

Nick? Hon? I have followed you into all sorts of weirdness. I would love to follow you unreservedly.  You deserve better.  ::holiday hugs::

PS: I also thought of the Pretty Woman wig! *g*  I didn't think it looked bad, but I am relieved that she doesn't seem to keep it. I was wondering if that was a side effect to using her powers, though.

• Love 4

And the sound you just heard was the fandom's heads collectively exploding.  Well, at least the anti-Juliette people.  

I figured she'd be back at some point, she never bothered me too much.  But this is probably Juliette Hexenbiest 5.0 to the 8th power so we'll see how it goes.

It was an okay episode.  Wish Trubel was well enough to go out with them.  Loved her showing Nick the bike.  

• Love 1

Hope non of our Hanukkah-celebrating posters were watching. This is the second (imo) inappropriate Holocaust nod this week. ( A gas chamber made an appearance on Arrow.) It's Hanukkah, TV folks!! Look at your effing schedules your own selves, 'kay? ::shakes head:: Timing is everything.

I'm not Jewish, but I was bothered by the title of this episode since I read the synopsis (I didn't even connect that it was Hanukkah.  Yikes...).  

Again, someone should have realized this one was not smart....

• Love 6

This was a great episode until the Juliette reveal. How are they going to explain away her killing Nick's mom and burning the trailer? Nick may not be in love with Adalind but after her conversation with Trubel I think she has feelings for him.

• Love 3

Nick may not be in love with Adalind but after her conversation with Trubel I think she has feelings for him.

By the Power of Greyskull, No! It cannot be allowed. Please!?  

Also? Are we really supposed to buy that stammering, shy, "us?him?me?" business as actual feelings for Nick?  Just say no.

• Love 1

This was a great episode until the Juliette reveal. How are they going to explain away her killing Nick's mom and burning the trailer? Nick may not be in love with Adalind but after her conversation with Trubel I think she has feelings for him.

Whitewashed like they did with Adalind and having her play house with Nick and the baby, well now it's probably heading into love triangle territory.

Smart and Grimm writers don't go together.

Edited by Free
  • Love 2

Trubel looked weird when Adalind mentioned Diana.

Anyone wanna bet that they ressuscited Juliette with Diana's blood or soul, because the triangle/quadrangle (Meisner is so going to be part of it) wasn't creepy enough?

Loved the Nick/Hank good cop/bad Grimm interrogation, Monroe/Rosalee, and the interactions between Trubel, Nick and Adalind. And Bud.

But well, bye again, show.

• Love 2

The only good thing that can come out of Juliette's return is that Adalind may go back to her nasty, conniving, wonderful ways. She doesn't need to be a hexenbiest to be naughty.

Idk, it seems to be heading towards a love triangle and then there's that dumb lingering plot of finding her first kid.  The writers do love their pointless romance drama, this just screams obstacle.

• Love 1

I think it is the the old bait and switch.  Nik and Adalind.  Nik and Juliette.  Which couple will make you sick to your stomach?

I think the writers knew if they had Nik and Adalind living together acting all cozy with the baby, that fans that know the dude was raped would want Juliette back in a hot second.  Boo!

BT back as a blonde does NOT help her acting at all!

The only good thing that can come out of Juliette's return is that Adalind may go back to her nasty, conniving, wonderful ways. She doesn't need to be a hexenbiest to be naughty.

Meh.  I think Kelly will turn out to be Nik and Juliette's and Diana will return to Adalind and Renard.

• Love 2
Meh.  I think Kelly will turn out to be Nik and Juliette's and Diana will return to Adalind and Renard.

Carrying a surrogate baby and breastfeeding it for a few months doesn't make you any less attached just because genetics. If show goes that way, well,... I just hope they don't.

• Love 4

I'm glad Juliette is back. Anything to save me from Nick and Adalind playing house. Unless the dire predictions of a love triangle come true, which just . . . ugh. On the humorous side, it would be the least passionate love triangle imaginable. I mean, I liked Season 1 Nick and Juliette, but even then they had a comfortable-long-term-couple vibe, not raging passion. And I don't detect the slightest hint of chemistry between Nick and Adalind. So, I guess a love triangle between the three could be so bad it's funny. Nah, probably it would just be painful. 

Nick may not be in love with Adalind but after her conversation with Trubel I think she has feelings for him.

Also? Are we really supposed to buy that stammering, shy, "us?him?me?" business as actual feelings for Nick?  Just say no.

I think the stammering-whatever was the show trying to keep the viewers guessing about Adalind's feelings. It wasn't very convincing to me. But I notice that Adalind's main interest in the conversation was to pump Trubel for information about Meisner, someone with whom she has chemistry to spare . . . Seriously, I'll forgive the writers for many (though probably not all ) their sins if they ditch the stupid triangle potential and have Adalind go off with Meisner to find Diana :-)

Edited by tpel
  • Love 8

Well damn. I assumed Juliette was coming back, but I stubbornly clung to a tiny shred of hope. I've never cared for Trouble, am not interested in the Wesen World War scenerio (Seriously Wesens start all the mobs? Good grief!) & now the non-acting, scene-sucking Juliette is back. I've really enjoyed parts of Grimm, but after having vowed this year to let go of shows that I don't truly enjoy anymore instead of sticking to the bitter end I'm saying goodbye. I quit Grey's, OUAT & now Grimm. Makes me sad.

Well, I couldn't decide whether to laugh or applaud when they said the Boston Tea Party was Wesen related.

Maybe they need to have a chat with 'Sleepy Hollow's' Ichabod Crane. And a bit of Jefferson.

I enjoyed Rosalee clonking Xavier. I kinda smelled that one coming - that he'd be a sellout and part of the set-up. The whole lineup stuff seemed a bit too easy. You could smell the buns burning.

The Renard Mayor candidate endorsement commercial raised an eyebrow. It's telegraphing that the candidate probably has something to do with the War/Uprising.

I want to care about the Uprising and the War, but I need a bit more exposition. My itch needs more than a little scratching.

I had hoped that Juliette would have stayed 'dead' for a while longer. The wig just made her look like an X Men reject or the 90s called and wants the Pretty Woman wig back.

Idk, it seems to be heading towards a love triangle and then there's that dumb lingering plot of finding her first kid.  The writers do love their pointless romance drama, this just screams obstacle.

It's going to be like a love pentagon.  Meisner, Nick, Renard, Juliet, and Adalind.  I hope that Adalind ends up with Meisner because their chemistry is believable.  I'd stick Juliet with Renard just because her lack of acting can be made up for with a shirtless Renard. 

I'm going to use the break time to decide if I want to continue watching this show.  I don't even want to hate watch it like I did the last season of True Blood.  I swear the show writers are the biggest RL trolls around.

• Love 2

I may just conveniently "forget" when the return is.  But then, do I wanna miss any Bud gold?  I really don't want to give up on Monroe & Rosalee, either...but....

OK, Rubel said something to Adalind I think we kind of glossed over...she got the bike 6 months ago.  Just how long HAS it been since she "killed" Juliette?  Maybe that's why we're not seeing Nick grieving too hard.  It's been a lot longer than we've thought.  So instead of deep grief, he's gotten dumber, is that it?

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 2

Juliette might as well have arrived on a shark.

I'm not Jewish, but I was bothered by the title of this episode since I read the synopsis (I didn't even connect that it was Hanukkah. Yikes...).

I don't expect them to be able to predict that it would or would not air on a Hanukkah night, given the way networks jerk schedules around for sports or specials--But the episode title was completely unnecessary under any circumstances.

ETA: Does anyone who knows more about the thought processes of the team in Portland know if "Wesen Nacht" was supposed to be just a variation on "Silent Nacht" (the song) and if the night time breaking of shop windows of a particular ethnic (or however you classify Wesen) group was written without knowledge of Crystal Nacht?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

I'm so freaking confused. And sad. This used to be such a good show. WTF happened to it?

Maybe I'm dumb- but when Trubel took that guy home, I forget his name, they found her & she worked for them?? Why didn't she say something to Nick? The only place we've seen Trubel is in a cell.... Right? If she was working for them voluntarily, why did they keep her in a cell?

Then... she tells Adalind that she went to Nicks place to kill Juliette... & SURPRISE!! Juliette isn't even dead. The last time we seen her, she was out of her Hexenbiest mind with jealousy & revenge. Now she's working for the "good" guys too?? I think I'm one of the very few people that liked Juliette & really felt bad for her. She's gone through so much since Nick found out he's a Grimm. But even I groaned when I saw her.

I hate Adalind & this story with her & Nick so it would be GREAT if Juliette would kill Adalind. 2 wrongs made right. I don't think she will though.

I figured we'd eventually see some Wesen activity outside of Portland so that part of the story doesn't bother me. It's everything (& everyone) else!

I really liked Trubel.... but the writers have gone & screwed up another character that I really like. I still like her, but I don't like that she was so secretive. She had to have known that Juliette was alive, right?

The BEST thing about the episode??

Rosalee kicking some ass. I always enjoy watching that.

Lastly, I can promise this:: if I see Nicks mom walk out of one of those cells, I'm DONE watching. Done!

• Love 2