Type keyword(s) to search

Lost Without Their Blogger: Sherlock in the Media

From the pictures I'm seeing (and the videos I'm not seeing) I assume that Benedict and Martin weren't there?

They weren't there - Martin had a performance in Richard III last night and Benedict is busy filming somewhere. 

Edited by M. Darcy

From the pictures I'm seeing (and the videos I'm not seeing) I assume that Benedict and Martin weren't there?

Correct. Only Moffat was there last night. And here's his win and acceptance speech:

ETA: Oops! As Anothermi pointed out below, I MEANT to say Moffat was the only one of the winners there last night, as Gatiss (and Vertue) are right there in the video, and undoubtedly would have been on stage had the show itself not lost to The Normal Heart.

Edited by rereader2

Correct. Only Moffat was there last night. And here's his win and acceptance speech:

Hee! I'm assuming you meant - "of those nominated" - because that clip showed clearly that Mark Gatiss was also there. I appreciated that Moffat acknowledged that Mark should be up there winning the Emmy with him. 

They weren't there - Martin had a performance in Richard III last night and Benedict is busy filming somewhere. 

I was thrilled at the Sherlock domination last night and I figured our dynamic duo were working on one of their many projects.  Congratulations to Stephen, Martin and Benedict--well deserved to all :) And Mark deserves a shot out also :)

• Love 1

From the Mirror: Sherlock Selfie - world record smashed as 443 people dress like the world's greatest detective. According to the article, Moffat and Vertue sent a message of support, along with a signed Sherlock script for best-dressed. All money raised went to the Leeds Teaching Hospital for a new Yorkshire Brain Research Centre.

From the Guardian: Sherlock, Downton Abbey: what the US can learn from our TV exports. (I thought it raised some points worthy of consideration.)

Edited by rereader2

Andrew Scott did an AMA on reddit today. It was not well received, apparently - he was criticised for his brief answers.

I'm trying to link to the comment that has linked all of Andrew's answers but I can't figure out how to do it because I have the dumb.

Edited by mledawn

It is web.archive.org and it backs up the internet at different points in time.  I am not sure how to navigate the site, was just curious if there are any folks who have mastered it.  435 billion web pages.

Actually, I would be most interested in backup copies of twop re: Sherlock.

Edited by Brattinella

Brattinella, if you want the TWOP recaps of Sherlock (they only did season 3), they still have those up: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/sherlock/  (The forums, not.)

Okay, I found the site. I can't say I know how to navigate it, having only just seen it for the first time (!), but here is what looks like their TWOP forums page: https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/ . I'm guessing you find the year you want in that top bar, then click on the 'snapshot' you're interested in, and then click through to the Sherlock forum. Good luck!

Edited by rereader2

I just saw that on Twitter!

ETA: There are already a clutch of online articles about the "time traveling Sherlock special".

(Me, I suspect it's more likely to be one of Moftiss's let's-mess-with-the-fans tricks than an actual Sherlock still--they are only at a read-through version of the script, they wouldn't have photos of the stars in costume yet, surely!)

Edited by rereader2

"Sherlock" and Benedict as Sherlock have been nominated for UK's National Television awards (Hollywood Reporter, NME.

The relevant categories are:

Drama Performance
Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock)
Sarah Lancashire (Sgt Catherine Cawood in Happy Valley)
Dame Maggie Smith (Violet, Dowager Countess in Downton Abbey)
Sheridan Smith (Cilla Black in Cilla)

Drama
Cilla
Doctor Who
Downton Abbey
Sherlock

This is an odd one. The New York Times Magazine has had a total revision as of this past weekend, one result of which is the addition of about 50 pages of ads up front...but I digress. One of the new magazine features is a column titled "Search Results," where, I gather, they will talk about some aspect of internet life, and they chose to kick off the column with an explanation of "shipping." And the example they use is Johnlock: My Dear, Dear, Dear Watson.

Hmm.

I get a little weary, though, at the disingenuousness of Moffat's "amazement"; as if people are making it up out of whole cloth.  "He's been saying [sherlock isn't interested in sex] over 100 years!"  Well, in the world that Moffat and Gatiss created and control we are shown multiple characters who think Sherlock and John are a romantic couple, or could be.  Is it really so crazy if [some of the] audience follows suit?  Honestly, by now it's like a five-year gay joke.  And that's just based on actual dialogue, not even getting into innuendo or subtext.