Type keyword(s) to search

The Favorite Quotes Thread Excitation

Minamurray78 above was talking about Bernadette.  I thought her best lines were in the episode where she and Howard dressed up as Smurfs:

First she asks Howard "Are you feeling a little blue"?  Not hilarious, but a nice warm up.

Then she complains "I'm going to be washing paint out of my smurf for a month", which I thought was a great line.

Then when they're at the costume party, Howard imitates her high pitched voice, and she responds in a low voice: "I don't sound like that".  The line's not so funny, but the way she said it was.

• Love 1

From the Long Distance Dissonance - Amy talking about another woman interested in Sheldon

""I've been smacking that ketchup bottle for a long time, and all she has to do is tip it over and point it at her fries""

• Love 5

Just saw one of my favorite lines on season one, episode 14 - The Nerdvana Annihilation.  That's the episode where they buy the replica from the Time Machine movie.

Penny says about it:  "Oh please, that's not a time machine.  If anything, it looks like something Elton John would drive through the Everglades".

And she's right, it does!

• Love 6

Penny tells Sheldon she missed hearing him his talk about his work, calling it jibber jabber, and he starts to explain the etymology of the word and she says, "I can't believe you're gonna jibber jabber about jibber jabber."

• Love 2

Sheldon is trying to comfort Leonard after he found out distressing news about his family. He tells Leonard that the Germans have a word for what he's feeling: Weltschmerz, the depression that one feels when comparing the real world to the mind's idealized version. Leonard sarcastically says "you're right, I DO feel better" to which Sheldon replies "The Germans have always been a comforting people."

The show had recently started in syndication, and this was one of the first episodes I'd ever seen. For some reason (maybe because I'm part German?) I busted out laughing at that line, and I've been hooked ever since. 

• Love 6