Type keyword(s) to search

Terminus: Mary Mary! Why You Bugging?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Terminius: A Sanctuary (definitions from dictionary.com)

ter•mi•nus noun, plural ter•mi•ni ter•mi•nus•es (aside: I prefer Termites when referring to the folks in our story)

1. the end or extremity of anything

2. either end of a railroad line

3. British: the station or the town at the end of a railway or bus route

4. the point toward which anything tends; goal or end

5. a boundary or limit

sanc•tu•ar•y noun, plural sanc•tu•ar•ies.

1. a holy place

2. a consecrated building or shrine

3. Old Testament

a. the Israelite temple at Jerusalem, esp the holy of holies

b. the tabernacle in which the Ark was enshrined during the wanderings of the Israelites

4. the chancel, or that part of a sacred building surrounding the main altar

a. a sacred building where fugitives were formerly entitled to immunity from arrest or execution

b. the immunity so afforded

6. a place of refuge; asylum

7. a place, protected by law, where animals, esp birds, can live and breed without interference

I was curious what the textbook definitions of these two words were to see if more could be determined and thought others might like to read them, too.

If you take terminus definition 1 and sanctuary definition 5 you get: An extremely sacred building where fugitives were once entitled to immunity from execution. Then, what if you play in the 7th definition of sanctuary: a place where animals can live and breed without interference.

We have an interesting prospect here: A sacred place where refugees are entitled to immunity from execution and can live and breed without interference. It seems obvious there is a religious/cult-like aspect to Terminus with the clues we’ve been given, so what if they believe you can’t be executed (hence the herding) but you can be sacrificed. A ceremoniously sacrificed meal for the greater good of all?

P.S. Thanks for reading my very long, very first “real” post (my 1st was my introduction) and I look forward to getting to October with all of you.

P.P.S. I am not spoiled in any way (not even with the comics) and I hope to stay that way!

Edited by Indigo

I'm interested in how Gareth, who looks to be in his mid 20s is in the leadership position of Terminus. Oh, and he has really great hair for a zombie apocalypse. Maybe, him and Rosita use the same kind of product. 

• Love 1

I think in the words of Beth "we all have our jobs to do" and Gareth is the leader of the guard. He seemed to be in charge of the troops, but maybe NOT in change of the whole enchilda.

And I agree after all these months of sweaty unwashed prison dwellers making me glad for no smell-o-vision these Termites seem a hygenic lot. Maybe the key to keeping walkers away is Dial and Tide......screw you Eugene!

• Love 1

Do we know how many hours between Maggie's group arriving at Terminus, and Rick's group arriving? Because I'm taking attendance: Daryl, Rick, Michonne, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Sasha, Bob, Tara, Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene---that's 12 people in a boxcar...

Where are they going to the bathroom?

• Love 2

I have no idea about the bathroom, but after everything we saw at Terminus, I just can't bare to think about it.  Question though -- it Mary pregnant, or did her belt just fall in an unflattering way?  Pregnancy in this crowd terrifies me.

• Love 1

I think in the words of Beth "we all have our jobs to do" and Gareth is the leader of the guard. He seemed to be in charge of the troops, but maybe NOT in change of the whole enchilda.

Is enchilada a spoiler?

• Love 2

Gareth gives me the creeps, but I'd like to see more of him in action.

I'd like to see Camp Dinner Bell break out and then let out all the others in train cars. I'm speculating, but I don't think that would happen until the end of Season 5.

I wonder if they're going to focus on the Termites like did they did Woodbury. Or maybe they'll show back-and-forth shots between the cable car and the Termites? If I have to watch CDB sit around and talk, I'm going to be bored out of my mind.

• Love 1

Gareth gives me the creeps, but I'd like to see more of him in action.

I'd like to see Camp Dinner Bell break out and then let out all the others in train cars. I'm speculating, but I don't think that would happen until the end of Season 5.

I wonder if they're going to focus on the Termites like did they did Woodbury. Or maybe they'll show back-and-forth shots between the cable car and the Termites? If I have to watch CDB sit around and talk, I'm going to be bored out of my mind.

I kind of agree about being bored watching them chat. Remember when Dale was telling about his watch around the campfire in season 1 (which I love and have watched way too many times)? That was to the point of awkward for me. (And, aw, I just got nostalgic thinking about the original group and how few we have.)

I like the idea of them freeing the other cars. Have all the people come rushing out, and hopefully not to be slaughtered. I can't imagine that taking all season, though. Season 4 was a very short time period, and they can't have a time jump now, so another season that only covers a few days/weeks would surprise me. I guess you never know.

I really don't want to know the Termite story ala Woodbury. I need more Rick time. Switching back and forth between our group and the Termites would be ok for me, as long as it was within episodes.

• Love 1

Terrific first post!  There seemed to be a woman's cry for help on theor way to the train car (separate from the group).  Could that have been Beth?

David your picture is perfect.

Terrific first post!  There seemed to be a woman's cry for help on theor way to the train car (separate from the group).  Could that have been Beth?

That's something. I didn't think about that. I'll have to rewatched it and see if it's her voice. I like to think that a kind old woman took Beth, thinking Daryl had her captive and Beth had finally escaped. Maybe that scrappy old dog belonged to the old woman. I don't like Beth, but I'm hoping she's somewhere nice.

• Love 1

I already dislike Mary and Gareth so much I can't wait for them to die terrible deaths preferably to be eaten by their fellow termites or chomped alive by walkers.

I had anticipated disliking Gareth the moment he opened his mouth but then I realised that the actor playing him was in 'Greek' and I had a bit of a crush on him in that show. Therefore, I'm hoping that he doesn't turn out to be a cult, cannibal leader otherwise my drooling over him will cause some serious side-eye from Mr. JettyBear.

• Love 1

I had anticipated disliking Gareth the moment he opened his mouth but then I realised that the actor playing him was in 'Greek' and I had a bit of a crush on him in that show.

Oh my gosh! Gareth is Fisher! Wait, did I just out myself as having watched every episode of Greek? Oops. 

Hmm, wonder how he's putting those hasher skills to use in Terminus? 

• Love 1

Oh my gosh! Gareth is Fisher! Wait, did I just out myself as having watched every episode of Greek? Oops. 

Hmm, wonder how he's putting those hasher skills to use in Terminus? 

Hee hee! I wasn't an avid watcher, just caught a few episodes here and there.

Fisher was an ass, but he was an attractive ass.

Same MO as Gareth, it seems. Oh dear.