Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Vaulted)

MSNBC reporting that the Trump campaign is pulling out of a couple of battle ground states, and Trump just announced by Twitter he is giving a "major" speech in Fla at noon.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Jodio said:

So, Brian Williams just reminded viewers that all of these allegations of sexual harassment/assault against Trump are of a "he said/she said" nature.

Fuck you, Brian Williams! Fuck you!

It was aggravating to me that he didn't point out that these women have a lot more credibility (plus matching Trump's own words) than the Clinton accusers Trump trotted out last weekend and continues to insist everyone believe, despite actual evidence in some cases of political motivations.

No matter. Donald Trump says all accusers of sexual misconduct should be believed. Okay! So I wish someone would ask him why that doesn't apply to HIS accusers (and so many!!!)?  Also, he said Hillary "viciously" tried to discredit them which was "disqualifying". 

Well, I still haven't seen any evidence of that, but, okay again! We know he doesn't feel women should be attacked when they come forward!

So.... why today is he #1 not giving his own accusers the credibility he gave to Bill's and #2 why is he going about viciously attacking and discrediting them?  I just saw it begin on MSNBC.

Could anyone ask him about his tremendous HYPOCRISY on this? Please?

Oh, and I think what impresses people about Kellyanne is that she's the most skillful, brazen, quick-thinking liar they've ever seen in action! She doesn't pause, doesn't take a breath, barely changes her tone of voice and just lies, lies, lies!  Nothing that Trump says or does ever throws off her rhythm of lying either. I have to admit, I'm a little impressed by her "talent" too!

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, Padma said:

It was aggravating to me that he didn't point out that these women have a lot more credibility (plus matching Trump's own words) than the Clinton accusers Trump trotted out last weekend and continues to insist everyone believe, despite actual evidence in some cases of political motivations.

No matter. Donald Trump says all accusers of sexual misconduct should be believed. Okay! So I wish someone would ask him why that doesn't apply to HIS accusers (and so many!!!)?  Also, he said Hillary "viciously" tried to discredit them which was "disqualifying". 

Well, I still haven't seen any evidence of that, but, okay again! We know he doesn't feel women should be attacked when they come forward!

So.... why today is he #1 not giving his own accusers the credibility he gave to Bill's and #2 why is he going about viciously attacking and discrediting them?  I just saw it begin on MSNBC.

Could anyone ask him about his tremendous HYPOCRISY on this? Please?

Oh, and I think what impresses people about Kellyanne is that she's the most skillful, brazen, quick-thinking liar they've ever seen in action! She doesn't pause, doesn't take a breath, barely changes her tone of voice and just lies, lies, lies!  Nothing that Trump says or does ever throws off her rhythm of lying either. I have to admit, I'm a little impressed by her "talent" too!

I'm still waiting for someone to remind Drumpf (and his cult members) of his hypocritical tweets about Anthony Weiner ("All girls under 18 should block him,"etc.).   I recall Drumpf stating that Weiner's multiple sexts to women showed that he was a serial predator and pervert and as a result should not be holding public office.

It is beyond irritating that Brian Williams has an opinion about anyone's credibility. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Jodio said:

So, Brian Williams just reminded viewers that all of these allegations of sexual harassment/assault against Trump are of a "he said/she said" nature.

Fuck you, Brian Williams! Fuck you!

Man, Brian Williams sends me over the edge quickly.

In a dream world, he would have been let go completely or just put on the Today Show.

3 hours ago, car54 said:

MSNBC reporting that the Trump campaign is pulling out of a couple of battle ground states, and Trump just announced by Twitter he is giving a "major" speech in Fla at noon.

He got Trumped by Michelle's major speech. That was a thing of beauty. I can't wait to see Trump start attacking Michelle. She'll eat him alive.

Edited by pivot
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, car54 said:

11th Hour was only supposed to be on til the election but I bet they keep it on after that--Bri Wi is too happy to be on every night.

I hear there will be an opening in the third hour of The Today Show.

• Love 12

That would be a perfect fit for Brian.  He used to love going on the late night shows and acting silly.  He could now interview all the celebs in town to promote their various activities and fool around with them on the set...have fun & show his silly side.  Maybe do a little cooking with the celeb chefs.  Good times.  Then we'd be rid of him.

• Love 6

Hurrah, Chris Jansing had her own promo on MSNBC!  Apparently she will be appearing throughout "Morning Joe" on Friday morning, reporting on battleground states and traveling with the President.  I guess she hitched a ride when he stopped in Ohio, where she has been the past few days. 

I heard Andrea Mitchell introduce Chris two days ago when the polls opened in Cuyahoga County in Ohio.  Andrea tried the name twice, "Cayoga County, Cayogahhhh, Chris, you know I know how to say this, and I know you are the Queen of Cleveland."  (Where Chris grew up, well, nearby.) 

• Love 5

Just caught Chris interviewing the older AA woman in Cleveland (local small business owner with bright yellow hair) who was chosen to introduce the President after writing the campaign to volunteer (for something). Chris asked what she was going to say and she said, "I don't know yet".

It was about an hour away from the event and she seemed happy but relaxed. Maybe that's why they chose her. Personally, I would have been up all night memorizing my little "speech", revising and rewriting it, and probably still become tongue tied in the moment. I truly didn't understand her approach, but I guess they've figured out she'll be pleasant and unflappable and do a good job. (Probably prepping her during the hour, I guess.) Funny how different we all are!  Nice to see Chris though. I can't believe she's 59.

• Love 6

Just saw Chris Jansing in a good interview with the White House communications director behind the stage are where the President was speaking -- turns out they both are from the Clevelend area, and talking about the shift from Democrat to Republican allegiance among the factory worker demographic that their parents represent.  She actually pulled him back into the camera frame saying "the control room is going to kill me", but they stayed with her until the hour ended, and they never got to the other analysts waiting their turn. 

Also find it hard to believe she will be 60 in January!  Glad she is getting so much air time!  

20 minutes ago, Padma said:

Nice to see Chris though. I can't believe she's 59.

• Love 7

News -- MSNBC just broadcast the press appearance of a 2006 "Apprentice" contestant, with another groping accusation, backed up with email and other attempts at interaction to get an apology in the past, as recently as April 2016.  Even Fox News is covering this.  

And Katy Tur reported Trump just said in a rally, "why doesn't anyone accuse Obama of this? Anyone can accuse anyone of anything, and Obama better watch out."  Katy said there was an audible gasp from the Trump crowd at this.  

Can anyone imagine how much more nasty this will get?  Trump unhinged.  

• Love 8

He truly IS unhinged. I just saw Katie Tur outside Trump Tower talking about how yesterday, when the media walked in, it seemed his entire audience of thousands of supporters turned together and booed them. I saw a little of that at a Trump rally in August--several angry men yelling, "There goes the lying media!" whenever a reporter walked by. It was scary then, with just a handful of people. Can't imagine how vulnerable you'd feel with his vast audiences acting like that (maybe a feeling like you're back in Germany in the 30s, would be my guess.)

In Greensboro today on MSNBC, he launched his defense. It is Bannon Bizarro World 101 (sadly cut off by Gloria Allred's press conference). It boiled down to: a conspiracy against him by international bankers etc + the media + the Clinton + the Wshington establishment, all bound together with shadowy globalist conspirators who want to bring him and his "movement" down because "we're taking on the establishment".

Specifically, re: NYT.  He said minority shareholder billionaire Carlos Slim bought a stake in the Times so they didn't go bankrupt. He said...this was incredible....that the NYT reporters "aren't journalists. They're corporate lobbyists" which explains why they're doing the bidding of Slim -- "a Mexican" who has also donated to the Clinton Foundation. Do you see how its all fitting together?   Trump doesn't even KNOW any of these women, not even the one who reported on him for years for PEOPLE. (Though he did, once again, manage to insult her looks, as if she's too ugly for him to assault.) 

"Lock her up!" the crowd chants.  I think they should change it to "Lock HIM up"--in a mental hospital for observation. He needs some serious help and is, imo, increasingly becoming a great danger to others.

• Love 17

I think it was yesterday that it was reported that there was noticeably more security for the press at Trump rallies than previously.  

Katy Tur is now being criticized by trumpbot Steve Cortes for using the word "darker" about the mood of the rallies.  I can see the rallies, and they are all storm clouds.  Cortes is now trying to pull Bill Clinton back into this, although he says he doesn't want to talk about it.  Ugh.  

Earlier, MSNBC had a Republican strategist named Noelle on, and she was quite intelligent -- defending her party, but asking where are our women supposed to go?  She was willing to admit there are serious issues with Trump, so not a trumpbot, and it was refreshing to have someone on the air who was not just spitting the Koolaid at viewers.  

• Love 5

Chuck declared today that trump is more unhinged than ever.  At a rally in North Carolina he mocked and made fun of the women that have accused him of unwanted sexual advances.

And with his panel, Perry Bacon, Chris Cilizza and Molly Ball, Chuck was not not going to  be talked down from the trump has gone over a cliff that he can't recover from.

• Love 5
On 10/14/2016 at 8:04 PM, nowandlater said:

This depressing as hell article is a preview of what MSNBC will be like under a Hillary presidency ....

http://www.gq.com/story/the-2016-election-will-never-end

Yikes, this is depressing to read!  And yet, I fear, so true...Trump's supporters will be more riled up & angry when Hillary wins and the divisions in the country will grow.  And the networks will continue to make money  :(

Had not seen this about the WikiLeaks cutoff -- and not in the past two hours on MSNBC. 

I think the future media coverage will be dealing with a large number of unhappy pockets of Trump supporters -- but that GQ article unfairly targets Chuck Todd, who has been standing up to the falsehoods and innuendo in a great way lately.  Chris Matthews *was* right that Trump had done better in the second debate; still highly problematic, but not the complete disaster of the first one.  It's easy to convince Chris M and others of success when the bar is set so low that you can't see any space between it and the ground. 

Michael Steele just on "All In with Chris Hayes" -- "Welcome to my party!" after hearing Chris' litany of crazy statements from today. 

Just noting here for the record that all the Trump surrogates canceled on Joy's Saturday AM show, as she noted at the beginning of her show that day.  If they were holed up thinking of synonyms for "rigged," I am not impressed with what they came up with today.     

• Love 10

Trump doesn't listen to anybody. Doesn't that bother the lackeys advisers?  Conway, Pence, Giuliani were all over the internet this weekend trying to dial back the "rigged at the polls" argument, but he's not having any of it. In tweets and again today in his rallies, he's doubling down (surprise!) on "the left wing media, the Clintons AND the polls!"  I want him to have to give some references for "dead people voting" and "illegal immigrants voting". C'mon, tell us WHERE, Donald?  (And, no, 1960 in Dallas and Chicago do. not. count!)

I think Tony Schwartz (coauthor/ghostwriter the Art of the Deal) was right. He's a habitual liar and a sociopath. I thought that was a little OTT, but now I commend him for trying to warn us about something he had seen, up close, every day for eighteen months. And he'd be even worse--and more dangerous--now, thirty years later, after having gotten away with so much more.

• Love 7

To be sure we stay with MSNBC, I'll say that yes, the Trump handlers have been discussed as being frustrated.  Morning Joe spent a lot of time this morning being amazed at the fact that Trump sometimes actually stays on message, but then goes off the teleprompter, and that is what makes the news.  So, the handlers are successful up to a degree, but Trump keeps stepping and jumping all over his own messaging. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Padma said:

Conway, Pence, Giuliani were all over the internet this weekend trying to dial back the "rigged at the polls" argument

I didn't really see the other 2 but Giuliani was on another network with the anchor whose name rhymes with Shmake Shmapper and RG was full on bat shit crazy with the wild eyes, foaming at the mouth about all the election fraud that he personally knew about.  It was painful to watch. ?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, jjj said:

To be sure we stay with MSNBC, I'll say that yes, the Trump handlers have been discussed as being frustrated.  Morning Joe spent a lot of time this morning being amazed at the fact that Trump sometimes actually stays on message, but then goes off the teleprompter, and that is what makes the news.  So, the handlers are successful up to a degree, but Trump keeps stepping and jumping all over his own messaging. 

What fascinates me is that Drumpf's handlers and enablers like Joe and Meek-a have been saying for months that he would be "pivoting" for the general election.  They constantly spoke of him as a work in progress.  Never mind that they were also talking about a 70-year-old man who is NEVER going to change.  He is who he is and he showed them that the first time during the 30+ years he's been in the public eye.  Why these idiots refuse to believe it is simply beyond my comprehension.

• Love 11

This guy on Hardball, Jon Ralston, doesn't belong on teh TeeVee, much less as a political analyst.

storm.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Ralston

As of 2016, he was primarily known for his television show, Ralston Live, a different email newsletter called Flash, a twice-weekly column for the Reno Gazette-Journal and appearances as a political commentator on various TV shows and networks including Meet the Press, MSNBC, Fox News and PBS. His show was discontinued on June 21, 2016.[1][4][10][11]

2016 Nevada Democratic state convention[edit]

Reporting on the Nevada Democratic state convention in 2016, Ralston asserted that supporters of Senator Bernie Sanders had thrown chairs.[12] NPR, which had considered Ralston to be very reliable, originally reported the charge, which other media outlets also reported, but removed it after only being able to find evidence of a chair being lifted in the air but not of one being thrown.[13] Snopes, a website that documents and debunks urban legends and rumors, identified Ralston as the source for the statement that Sanders supporters had thrown chairs and said there was no evidence to support it.[14]

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 1

There has been a lot of discussion about the election being rigged and voter fraud.  It’s interesting that folks have presented the facts that a historical analysis of modern elections reveals that only 31 cases of proven voter fraud has happened out of a pool of a billion votes.   So where is the “rampant” voter fraud that Trump and the surrogates are basing their rallying call? 

It’s frustrating and scary that the right has adopted this “we don’t believe anyone who doesn’t believe what we believe” stance.  Facts are facts and to elevate this preposterous thinking to the level of crisis mode to whip up their base serves no purpose.  Climate change, voter fraud, polling data all fall into that category. 

Trump has revealed himself to be someone who feels if he can’t run the system he will break the system. Now that the writing is on the wall that he has a slim chance of winning (based on polls that he feels are “rigged”) his scorched earth campaign is focusing on riling up his base to set them up for the inevitable Trump TV that is coming.

I wonder if that was the goal all along?  I have long believed that he actually never wanted to be president but got in the race to elevate his brand.  All of the crazy things he has said all along have been intentional with the secretive hopes that it will be the final straw to remove him from the primaries. But along the way he realized that he had a strong enough following and once he got the nomination he was stuck.  He has systematically self-sabotaged his campaign. Now that it is likely he won’t win he is focusing on building his audience for Trump TV.  The alliance with Brietbart and Ailes takes on a new clarity for his media aspirations.   Trump is all about money and Trump TV would be more lucrative then 4 years of a presidential salary. 

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

There has been a lot of discussion about the election being rigged and voter fraud.  It’s interesting that folks have presented the facts that a historical analysis of modern elections reveals that only 31 cases of proven voter fraud has happened out of a pool of a billion votes.   So where is the “rampant” voter fraud that Trump and the surrogates are basing their rallying call? 

It’s frustrating and scary that the right has adopted this “we don’t believe anyone who doesn’t believe what we believe” stance.  Facts are facts and to elevate this preposterous thinking to the level of crisis mode to whip up their base serves no purpose.  Climate change, voter fraud, polling data all fall into that category. 

Trump has revealed himself to be someone who feels if he can’t run the system he will break the system. Now that the writing is on the wall that he has a slim chance of winning (based on polls that he feels are “rigged”) his scorched earth campaign is focusing on riling up his base to set them up for the inevitable Trump TV that is coming.

I wonder if that was the goal all along?  I have long believed that he actually never wanted to be president but got in the race to elevate his brand.  All of the crazy things he has said all along have been intentional with the secretive hopes that it will be the final straw to remove him from the primaries. But along the way he realized that he had a strong enough following and once he got the nomination he was stuck.  He has systematically self-sabotaged his campaign. Now that it is likely he won’t win he is focusing on building his audience for Trump TV.  The alliance with Brietbart and Ailes takes on a new clarity for his media aspirations.   Trump is all about money and Trump TV would be more lucrative then 4 years of a presidential salary. 

All that makes sense. But, maybe, Trump is really as ignorant and crass as he's shown. That Trump TV idea sounds better than hanging a banner across the White House calling it Trump House. Shudder ,,,

• Love 3

Hee!  Rick Wilson just told AJ Delgado that one of Trump's policies was batshit crazy.   I felt like Chris Hayes was about to get the giggles.

Sometimes I don't know how these Trump surrogates can keep a straight face and say what they have to say.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, car54 said:

Hee!  Rick Wilson just told AJ Delgado that one of Trump's policies was batshit crazy.   I felt like Chris Hayes was about to get the giggles.

Sometimes I don't know how these Trump surrogates can keep a straight face and say what they have to say.

I despise AJ Delgado -- also saw that segment with Chris Hayes this afternoon, which turned into a complete shouting match.  Then they all laughed when they stopped.  (not Chris, the commentators) This is not theater, folks, it is the future of our democracy.

ETA:  Good lord, I hate those little pink bump microphones on earpieces.  I keep wanting to tell them to see a dermatologist. 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 2

Mad Latina time with Chris Hayes...

Hugh Hewitt, once again spewing anti-Clinton stuff right and left and not focusing on issues.  That's going nowhere as Heidi Przybyla and Joy Reid are right, even Costa seems exhausted by the shenanigans.

• Love 1

You know it's bad if Costa is tired--I swear that guy never stops--he seems like he's posting at all hours 24/7 and on some show from early morning to late at night.   I think the media in general has election fatigue.

• Love 3

Chris Matthews, post-debate with Giuliani and Kellyanne Conway -- he is really going after them about the hordes of "dead voters" they are claiming.

Kellyanne is looking very gaunt.  That is not an image comment, but a health observation. 

Oh, yeah, and Giuliani said "he knocked her out tonight".  Sure.  MSNBC showed a very grim Donald and Melania heading to the SUV minutes after the debate ended.  Very somber group around him.  HRC was shown staying in the hall, shaking hands and enjoying the glow. 

Rachel on the Chris Matthews interview:  "Can I say that was completely and utterly insane?"

I have to say, kudos to Chris Wallace.  I was very impressed to see an actual debate. 

• Love 11

I agree that Wallace did better than I expected--and he did call them on some incorrect things they said.

I think it is ironic that the last straw for Trump may be the fact that he has said ahead of time that he may not accept the outcome.   It's blowing up on social media. 

• Love 4

Michael Beschloss should dial back on the hair dye. He could definitely pull of the "distinguished grey" look.

Richard Engel's talents are totally wasted on this network.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

Chris Matthews has finally met his match.  Rachel will not give him an inch so he can talk over her.  He was practically foaming at the mouth having to wait for her to finish her point.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, xaxat said:

Michael Beschloss should dial back on the hair dye. He could definitely pull of the "distinguished grey" look.

So funny you mention this! I got notified last night that an old tweet of mine (from January 2015) got favorited, mentioning that Beschloss's dye job and makeup were Reagan-esque. 

• Love 1

Oh, Andrea. Thank you so very much for dragging your sorry jet-lagged ass on to the teevee. (not)

And please, stop talking over Katy Tur. She is quite capable of explaining things w/o your drama. Actually, I think she is more capable.

Well, now let's hear a Trump surrogate talk nonstop 'cuz you seem to always agree with them. Ooh, except this one (Sara Flores ?) is doing damage control for Republicans. Said, "Trump is not a Republican." wow

God, Andrea's tedious. And it ain't 'cuz she's jet-lagged. She sometimes stammers and stutters and can't get a sentence out. 

Wonder who's on CNN...

• Love 6

I read yesterday that MSNBC hired Ali Velshi---I wonder if the daily shows will get some kind of a shakeup after the election to fit all the people who have been on the road and new people in.

I like Andrea's show better when Peter Alexander covers for here.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Oh, Andrea. Thank you so very much for dragging your sorry jet-lagged ass on to the teevee. (not)

And please, stop talking over Katy Tur. She is quite capable of explaining things w/o your drama. Actually, I think she is more capable.

Well, now let's hear a Trump surrogate talk nonstop 'cuz you seem to always agree with them. Ooh, except this one (Sara Flores ?) is doing damage control for Republicans. Said, "Trump is not a Republican." wow

God, Andrea's tedious. And it ain't 'cuz she's jet-lagged. She sometimes stammers and stutters and can't get a sentence out. 

Wonder who's on CNN...

29 minutes ago, car54 said:

I read yesterday that MSNBC hired Ali Velshi---I wonder if the daily shows will get some kind of a shakeup after the election to fit all the people who have been on the road and new people in.

I like Andrea's show better when Peter Alexander covers for here.

For the past couple of weeks, I see Andrea Bitchell & I change the channel.   Except for last night on the plane when she was waiting to interview Hillary.  I loved that she looked haggard as hell standing amidst all the young stuff & Hillary seemed to be treating her like a poor old lady.  HAH!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

For the past couple of weeks, I see Andrea Bitchell & I change the channel.   Except for last night on the plane when she was waiting to interview Hillary.  I loved that she looked haggard as hell standing amidst all the young stuff & Hillary seemed to be treating her like a poor old lady.  HAH!!

Hillary loves standing next to Andrea Mitchell, because Hillary looks younger in comparison.  She certainly was running on endorphins on the departing jet last night! 

• Love 7

I thought the visual after the debate was telling. Hillary went to Wallace, shaking his hand, then to her guests and others in the auditorium.

Trump stayed at his podium and waited for his family to come to him, greeting them and they huddled around with him at the center. Finally, apparently realizing HRC was getting good coverage smiling and talking with people below, Trump shook Wallace's hand (something he didn't do at the end with Holt--which I thought he'd get blowback for but..of course, it's Trump so ... no) and moved down into the audience. You can tell he is not a "people person", despite what his fans apparently think.

I did like Andrea this morning fact checking some of Trump's rally today in Ohio. She was up an at 'em after a 22 hour day yesterday (she looked pretty done in on that plane--while HIllary was radiant).  She's very frail physically, and will be 70 in a week so, much as I'm normally no fan, I've got to give her some credit today.

• Love 5

I always loved Ali Velshi and am thrilled that he is going to be on MSNBC.  I, too, have wondered (hoped, hoped) that maybe there will be a shake-up on MSNBC after the election.  I can handle almost any of the talking heads except Joe and Meek-a....please, let them be the first to go.  I can even take that awful Kelly-Ann because there is hope that maybe she has destroyed her "brand" by hitching her ride to the shambles that is the Trump campaign.  I still have to wonder how Scarborough and his Mini-Me bobblehead wield so much power.  Well,he seems to; she is the faithful sidekick.  Today's yelling and accusing by him made me scream at hubby to turn the channel; he loves to get his morning started by yelling at Joe and Meek-a. "Elites"....Joe has elite envy.  He so wants to be one...he lives in the right place, knows all the right people.  But he will always be an arrogant, smug wanna-bee.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I always loved Ali Velshi and am thrilled that he is going to be on MSNBC.  I, too, have wondered (hoped, hoped) that maybe there will be a shake-up on MSNBC after the election.  I can handle almost any of the talking heads except Joe and Meek-a....please, let them be the first to go.  I can even take that awful Kelly-Ann because there is hope that maybe she has destroyed her "brand" by hitching her ride to the shambles that is the Trump campaign.  I still have to wonder how Scarborough and his Mini-Me bobblehead wield so much power.  Well,he seems to; she is the faithful sidekick.  Today's yelling and accusing by him made me scream at hubby to turn the channel; he loves to get his morning started by yelling at Joe and Meek-a. "Elites"....Joe has elite envy.  He so wants to be one...he lives in the right place, knows all the right people.  But he will always be an arrogant, smug wanna-bee.

I just caught a tail end of him with Kate Snow. I like him a lot too--great hire, MSNBC! Now let's see you use him well.  Weekend show, maybe?

Edited by Padma
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Larry Kudlow?

Really? 

He sure appears older than his 69 years. 

Yes, that was bad.  "He (Trump) had her back on her heels in the first thirty minutes of that debate."  What kind of filter does he have on his television?

• Love 1

One thing that stood out for me after the speeches last night was that Donald stayed on stage & waited for his family to surround him, while Hillary went to her family & invited guests.

Donald just left his "invited guests" twisting in the wind on their own.  I would have liked to see how they handled getting the brush off after he "used" them.

• Love 5