Type keyword(s) to search

Sons of Anarchy in the Media

On Rob Cesterino's latest post show recap, he mentioned a couple of things that struck me as interesting.  One is just funny - that apparently Juice's jailer's are keeping his head shaved.  The other thing.  Another idea they've been floating is that the "rat" might be Chucky or Tig.  Chucky because he's "a good listener" and used to work with the Triad and Tig because Jax set him up to be killed at that warehouse, but he survived, perhaps after making a deal with Pope (or Marks - I forget which).  I've read those theories elsewhere, but when Rob lays them out, they are hilarious. 

On Rob Cesterino's latest post show recap, he mentioned a couple of things that struck me as interesting.  One is just funny - that apparently Juice's jailer's are keeping his head shaved.  The other thing.  Another idea they've been floating is that the "rat" might be Chucky or Tig.  Chucky because he's "a good listener" and used to work with the Triad and Tig because Jax set him up to be killed at that warehouse, but he survived, perhaps after making a deal with Pope (or Marks - I forget which).  I've read those theories elsewhere, but when Rob lays them out, they are hilarious. 

I love listening to Rob's post show recaps.  I laugh when he and the other guy Josh, do their "dueling Unser" imitations-- hilarious!

• Love 1

Has anyone read (or is anyone reading) Ron Perlman's memoir? Its called Easy Street (the Hard Way). I am about half way through, and it is quite the interesting read. And I thought that I liked the man before reading this... :)

• Love 2

Can we talk about the aftershow in this thread? Because last night was just ridiculous. I got the sense that at least 3 of the guests had been drinking before the show, and that the host wished he'd been allowed to start drinking.

Can we talk about the aftershow in this thread? Because last night was just ridiculous. I got the sense that at least 3 of the guests had been drinking before the show, and that the host wished he'd been allowed to start drinking.

The Anarchy Afterword thing is a total train wreck. It's not just the host who is really bad and clearly has absolutely no idea what he's doing, but the entire production is an amateurish hot mess. It's like a group of drunk strangers stumbled onto an old cable access setup & started f'ing around w/no clue WTH they're doing. And then Boone's wacko (drunk?) behavior was a failure of epic proportions last night. So painful.

'Sons of Anarchy': Walton Goggins talks Venus and Tig's heart-to-heart

'Sons of Anarchy' Visits 'Conan' (Video)
Here's the cold open from tonight's edition of TBS' Conan, in which Conan O'Brien dons the SAMCRO patch, gets his motor runnin' and proceeds to wreak havoc on Main Street -- sort of.

Drea de Matteo Calls SONS OF ANARCHY's Upcoming Series Finale 'One of the Best' in Television History  

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

The PTC is so stupid and any parents letting their kids watch FX at 10pm on a school night. It's not SOA's fault for anything,  they do all the warnings right. And Jax pulled a guys eyeball out last week in the same episode and it was left dangling, they cut off his fingers. THAT didn't bother the PTC? 

• Love 5

"The following is rated TV-MA LSV for language, sexual situations and violence. It is intended for mature audiences. Viewer discretion is advised."

If only there was some sort of device you could have built into your TV that could filter out shows that were rated TV-MA. It would be even better if it was legislated that all TV's had to have that kind of device built into them. Some sort of chip would probably be able to do that sort of thing and you would think it would really shut people like the PTC up. But I guess nothing like that exists. 

Also about the period piece, I am not sure I have high hopes for that sort of thing. Plus I can only imagine the kind of rage Sutter would blow up into when that show doesn't get the kind of awards recognition that he thinks it would deserve.

• Love 2
Guest Accused Dingo

If only there was some sort of device you could have built into your TV that could filter out shows that were rated TV-MA. It would be even better if it was legislated that all TV's had to have that kind of device built into them. Some sort of chip would probably be able to do that sort of thing and you would think it would really shut people like the PTC up. But I guess nothing like that exists.

Actually most cable boxes have some version of parental controls that can disable entire channels and limit what a child can and cannot watch but that is not what the PTC wants. They want the complete elimination of everything they find offensive.

• Love 1

Actually most cable boxes have some version of parental controls that can disable entire channels and limit what a child can and cannot watch but that is not what the PTC wants. They want the complete elimination of everything they find offensive.

Yea I forgot about cable box controls. My post was kind of sarcastic though since the V chip has been required to be installed on every new TV in the US for the last 15 years or so.

Theo was on Kelly&Michael this morning to promote the finale. I didn't think he'd make it to them, the audience was going crazy for him, alll hugging him as he came out. Never saw a reaction like that before. 

He was really great in his interview, much better than Today show because he got to talk and told some good stories. How he moved to LA and how he took the chance on the show.

• Love 1

I figured this was the best place to place this post.  With the last episode looming in the next few days, I'm curious to know, what's everyone's take on reading/avoiding spoilers?

On Tuesday, I read a seemingly innocuous article on EW which linked to the auction of props from the show.  Among the lots was, 

the outfit that Unser wears when he is shot by Jax.

So, I was spoiled, and angry about it.  Now that the finale is approaching-- I feel like my curiosity is getting the better of me, and I WANT to know what to expect, at least a little bit.  I feel like come Tuesday, avoiding the Internet/Social Media will be near impossible.

That Ellen clip is hilarious.  As for spoilers, I'm just doing my best to avoid them. I'm used to avoiding spoilers on Tuesday, since I never see the show until Wednesday.  It's the same with Walking Dead. I have a nephew who always posts spoilers on FB, so I stay off of there until I've seen my favorite shows. I love speculation, but not spoilers!

Final Anarchy Afterward will be with Kurt and Charlie and others.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sj11h0

It's taken me a few days to process the magnitude of this fuckup. I'm sure, as usual, my passionate response to the event ony made it worse.

There has been no resolution and my basket is headless, as the corporate art of buck-passing has reached a new level of brilliance. Like any good alcoholic, my impulse was to burn down the house, cut bait and disappear. I already booked my flight for Idaho. But I woke up this morning to a text by Tommy Flanagan that reminded me once again, it's not just about me. This is not my show, this is your show. Thank you, Tommy. I love you, brother.

I hope folks tune in for the finale. I'm very proud of it. I'll be on the aftershow with Charlie and the cast to try and close this ride with some dignity and gratitude.

Thank you.
ks

I don't know, something about this leak seems fishy to me.  I have to wonder if this "leak" was not at all accidental & just put out there to create hype/more interest in the finale.

• Love 1

If it takes place post-Jax how the hell is Sutter going to cast his wife? Is Gemma's long lost twin cousin, Emma,  going to show up in the pilot and quickly take over the show?

I also kind of laughed how the article said that Sutter pulled the plug on The Bastard Executioner. Pretty sure that show got cancelled because no one was watching it.

Edward James Olmos to Star in FX's Sons of Anarchy Spinoff Mayans MC

FX’s Sons of Anarchy spinoff has locked in its first major piece of casting — and it’s a doozy.

TVLine has learned that Battlestar Galactica vet Edward James Olmos has signed on to star in the in-the-works offshoot, tentatively titled Mayans MC. 

Set in a post Jax Teller world, the project — which thus far has received a pilot order — centers on EZ Reyes, a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the Cali/Mexi border who struggles with his desire for vengeance against the cartel, and his need for respect from the women he loves. Olmos will play the Reyes family’s once-strong patriarch Felipe, who, after years of being crushed by bullets and hard labor, struggles to keep his past buried and lead his sons down a lawful, righteous path.

Sons of Anarchy fans will recall the Mayans’ ongoing presence in the original series — a meddlesome force to be reckoned with, particularly for the men of SAMCRO.

Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter co-wrote the pilot script with Elgin James, and will also serve as director.

Olmos’ post BSG credits include stints on Dexter and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.

• Love 1