Type keyword(s) to search

Sons of Anarchy in the Media

(edited)

EW - 'Sons of Anarchy': Theo Rossi looks ahead to the final season (and more anxiety)

It’s less than a month until cameras start rolling on the final season of FX’s Sons of Anarchy, and while Theo Rossi (Juice) hasn’t yet read the script for the premiere, fans know from creator Kurt Sutter’s WTF Sutter web series that it’s been turned in to the network with “a few disclaimers in terms of the tone.”

That’s the kind of tease that makes die-hards both nervous and excited — a state Rossi himself has been in since the identity of Juice’s father became a plot point in season 4. “For anybody who’s had to be near me, live with me, be friends with me, family members, it’s been a nightmare, because it’s been anxiety ever since,” he jokes to EW. “The truth is, what I’ve gotten to do on this show I don’t think I’ll ever match on any job ever, because I’ve literally gotten to play every single emotion an actor can play. I’ve been the funny guy, the loyal guy, the guy fearing for my life, the guy trying to take my own life, the guy taking a lot of other people’s lives as a stone-cold killer, to this guy who’s kinda floating in the abyss now and you don’t know where he’s going – which I think is the most dangerous part about him,” Rossi says. “It’s why you do this, it’s why you get into this racket. Kurt gave me that all in one character. So for this year, I don’t expect that to be any different. If anything, I expect it only to be intensified, really heavily.”

Fans have long worried about Juice’s fate, and that too has only increased since the December season 6 finale in which – spoiler alert, if you’re marathoning – Jax told Juice he’d betrayed him and Juice killed Sheriff Roosevelt and covered up Gemma’s murder of Tara. “The main thing I get is, ‘You’re in so much trouble. You’re doomed. I can’t believe what you did. I can’t believe you saved Gemma,’” Rossi says. “People are very, very concerned. There’s ‘Save Juice’ things on Twitter and Facebook.”

Of course, most viewers (and cast members) assume everyone will die by the end. “A lot of people say that because of the whole Hamlet [comparison], and let’s be honest, every year we lose major characters left and right. The season 6 finale, I think, was the most shocking episode we ever did in every way,” he says. “You have dreams of being the last guy standing, the one riding off, but you know,” he adds, laughing at the understatement, “I’ve done a lot of bad things.”

However it ends, he’s looking forward to the ride. “I’m so intrigued to see what Kurt does. I go back to watch all the episodes before I start [shooting a new season], just to get into the mind-set and remember,” he says. “Jax saying, ‘You betrayed me,’ the covering up for Gemma – I don’t know if you’re gonna see Juice hangin’ out makin’ smoothies in the clubhouse when we open up. Who knows where he’s gonna be or what’s gonna happen. I could be, like, covered in leaves, hiding somewhere, all decrepit.”

On a lighter note, that would put a damper on some fans’ final season wish lists: “Here’s the difference with naked Juice: He’s never been naked Jax,” Rossi says. “Naked Jax is cool. Naked Jax is in the shower, naked Jax is on top of a girl, naked Jax is doing something with his big back tattoo that you’re like, ‘Wow.’ Naked Juice has been in a diaper. Naked Juice has OD’d and puked everywhere from Gemma’s hand in his mouth. Naked Juice is never a good thing. So when I hear things like that, I assume that anxiety will follow.”

Sons of Anarchy is set to return in September on FX.

Edited by Artsda

'Sons of Anarchy' Books Marilyn Manson

FX's Sons of Anarchy is adding a familiar face for its upcoming seventh season.

Musician-writer-painter-performer Marilyn Manson has booked a recurring role on the biker drama from executive producer Kurt Sutter, FX announced Thursday.

Manson will recur as Ron Tully, a white supremacist prison shot-caller whom Jax (Charlie Hunnam) uses to expand his power base.

"Sons has been such a big part of my life, as well as my father's," Manson said in a statement. "So I was determined to make him proud by being involved in what will probably be remembered as the most amazing piece of television cinema. After all, the very heart of SOA is about that relationship. So, now all I need is a motorcycle."

Manson's onscreen TV credits include playing The Shadow on ABC's Once Upon a Time, HBO's Eastbound & Down and Showtime's Californication. On the big screen, he's appeared in Lost Highway, Party Monster and Jawbreaker. He most recently worked on the opening credits for WGN America drama Salem. He's repped by CAA.

Sons of Anarchy returns in September.

• Love 1

Venus returning in final season.

Sons of Anarchy: Walton Goggins' Venus Set to Orbit Final Season

The stars have aligned on Sons of Anarchy: Venus is making a comeback in Season 7!

Walton Goggins is set to reprise his role as the transgender goddess during the FX drama’s final season, TVLine has confirmed.

Series creator Kurt Sutter broke the news early Wednesday on Twitter, announcing to his 402K followers, “I am very happy to report that in season 7 of SOA, THERE WILL BE SOME MUTHA—-IN’ VENUS!”

Goggins’ Tig-crushing alter ego has appeared three times on SOA, once in Season 5 and twice in Season 6.
Sons of Anarchy‘s final season premieres this fall.

The final shot of the series finale should be Venus & Tig riding off into the sunset. 

(edited)

They've been added to do a panel at Comic-Con.

http://tvline.com/2014/07/02/comic-con-2014-schedule-tv-show-panels-dates/

SUNDAY, JULY 27

12:30 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | Creator Kurt Sutter), executive producer/director Paris Barclay and cast members Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Dayton Callie, Jimmy Smits, David Labrava, Niko Nicotera and Drea de Matteo. (Hall H)

Video: Watch the first teaser for the final season of 'Sons of Anarchy'

Sons of Anarchy Recruits Courtney Love for Pivotal Season 7 Arc

Edited by Artsda

Sons of Anarchy: FX Sets Date for Super-Sized Premiere, Confirms Time Jump and a Jailed

http://tvline.com/2014/07/17/sons-of-anarchy-season-7-premiere-date-fx/

Ladies and gentlemen, rev your engines.

Sons of Anarchy‘s seventh and final season will bow Tuesday, Sept. 9 at 10/9c with a super-sized episode, FX announced Thursday.

The hour-and-45-minute premiere (!!) will be immediately followed by Anarchy Afterword, a live post-show hosted by Chelsea Lately‘s Chris Franjola (which launched last year as a web-only enterprise).

Per FX, Season 7 begins 10 days after Tara’s brutal murder and finds “Jax in jail on a parole violation, grappling with the loss of the woman he loved. With the club’s full support, he sets in motion the brutal machinations that will lead to complete and merciless retribution.”

• Love 1

Sons of Anarchy‘s seventh and final season will bow Tuesday, Sept. 9 at 10/9c with a super-sized episode, FX announced Thursday.

The hour-and-45-minute premiere (!!) 

Yes! I can't wait for all those awesome montages!

I'm not sure which topic this question fits into best, but I'm guessing here - does anyone know when season 6 will be released to Netflix? Last year, they did it shortly after the DVDs were released, but even with the premiere tonight, season 6 still wasn't up. I wanted to rewatch last seasons finale to prepare for tonight, but I guess I missed out.

Apparently last year Season 5 didn't go up until Oct. 26 or so, which was well after Season 6 started airing so apparently FX isn't concerned with people streaming it on Netflix to catch up. Which is kinda shitty imo. 

• Love 1

Apparently last year Season 5 didn't go up until Oct. 26 or so, which was well after Season 6 started airing so apparently FX isn't concerned with people streaming it on Netflix to catch up. Which is kinda shitty imo. 

Well, that sucks.  I'd been saving the new season until I could watch last season finale, but I guess I'll just go ahead and watch.

There's an interesting article about Kurt Sutter in the current Rolling Stone.  (John Oliver is on the cover)  The author's thesis?  He's a former fat Kid ( 400 pounds) who has something to prove. Definitely an interesting read.

• Love 1
(edited)

Cover of next EW. 

Video of shoot & Article - http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/01/sons-of-anarchy-cover-final-season/

Sons of Anarchy': New On-Set Photos and Cast Reflections on Series' Wild Ride

Sons of Anarchy | 'Sons of Anarchy': New Photos of the Cast at Work | 

Sons of Anarchy fans still reeling from the Sept. 30 episode (read our recap) may want to take a beta blocker before reading this week’s cover story, which goes on the set and behind the scenes as the cast and the creator, Kurt Sutter, prepare for an epic ending. 

The seventh and final season of FX’s highest-rated show finds Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam) leading his motorcycle club, SAMCRO, on a mission to avenge the death of his wife Tara (Maggie Siff). What Jax doesn’t know is that his scheming mother, Gemma (Katey Sagal), is the real killer. In a preseason poll on EW.com, 81 percent of readers assumed that Gemma has to die for her crimes—and that was before her cover-up of Tara’s murder by carving fork ignited a street war with a devastating body count. “I kind of agree with them,” Sagal admits. “That seems like a correct assumption. I mean, it’s pretty heinous where she is now. Even though she didn’t mean it.”

Fans also assume Jax will eventually learn the truth. But what will he do? “Anyone else in the world, 100 percent guaranteed he’s gonna murder them in slow and brutal fashion, but it’s his mother, you know. It’s gonna be complicated,” says Hunnam. “I don’t envy Kurt in trying to figure out the right way to approach that.” Sutter already knows how the story will unfold—not that he’s willing to spoil it. “The question is, does Jax ever get the whole truth? Is he supposed to get the whole truth? If he only gets part of the truth, what does that mean? We’ll play with all that stuff,” he says cagily. “I think once he gets information, as much of it as he gets, we’ll see it play out in a different emotional way.”
Not one to totally shy away from dropping bombs, Sutter does reveal that a core character will die in episode nine or 10. He knows that hapless Juice (Theo Rossi) is highest on many fans’ hit lists, which is why he takes great pleasure in announcing that it’s not him. “That’ll f–k people up,” the showrunner says. (Note: This is a good time to remind everyone that there are 13 episodes in the season. #SaveJuice.)

And speaking of pleasure, we’ll leave you with this tease from Hunnam: “Twice I have been completely naked on the set of Sons in season seven. I’m not going to tell you how that came about,” he says. “But you will definitely be seeing my ass again.”

sons-of-anarchy-ew1332cvr_612x816.jpg

Edited by Artsda

This is a great article! It mentions the song choice for the inevitable final montage ( by an artist who seldom licenses his music)

If we're taking bets, mine would be that Bruce Springsteen's gonna let them use Adam Raised a Cain.  I remember reading somewhere that Sutter wanted to use that song at some point. 

I hope that they'll let the Boss sing, and not use some weak sauce cover.

I finally got around to reading this issue on the weekend. The possibility of them doing a first 9 spinoff kind of has me interested but kind of makes me laugh. Makes me laugh because I want to know how the Sons of Anarchy ever became a global criminal organization, considering that many of the idiots who founded the club or were around in the early days are still around.  

That said if they could some how manage to cast Christina Applegate as young Gemma that would be really awesome.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's still there. The answer to question "We also haven’t seen Jury in a while, but the last time we did, he was very angry."

Paris's response. 

And understandably so, because it was his son who was killed. Jury will be back. That will be part of the unraveling, part of the final spiral downward, because Jury is the president of another charter of the Sons of Anarchy. He's not no one. It will be resolved, and it will be cataclysmic.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1