Type keyword(s) to search

Worst of Golden Girls: Your Least Favorite Moments

• Start Topic

On 7/23/2019 at 2:40 PM, scarynikki12 said:

I think Sophia would have been more positive towards/about Stan if he hadn't gotten Dorothy pregnant in high school and had then respected his marriage vows. If they'd met in college, married after graduation, had kids as adults, and Stan remained faithful to Dorothy then I think she'd have been more accepting of his flaws. There'd still be snark because she's Sophia, but it would be in the same vein of how she snarks on everyone and everything.

I've always thought that's exactly why she made the remarks to Stan. Unlike everyone else that she snarks on. She disliked him, disapproved of him and knew her daughter was too good for him and he never did anything in his marriage to Dorothy to change her mind. He was a crappy husband, crappy provider for his family, and cheated on her daughter and I really doubt he did much of the rearing of their kids. Had he remained faithful, had a good job and treated her daughter good I'm sure your right she would have let go of all that. But he didn't.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

"Brother, Can You Spare A Jacket?" was on this morning and that's probably my least favorite episode of the series. Yes, $10,000 is a lot of money (almost $22,000 in today's dollars) but it certainly did not make the girls rich, especially since they were splitting it four ways. Blanche mentions that she wanted to buy an emerald pendant with her share of the lottery winnings. Was she going to pay for it on time? Her portion wouldn't have even been enough for a Jasper De Kimmel painting.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/11/2019 at 1:18 PM, mmecorday said:

"Brother, Can You Spare A Jacket?" was on this morning and that's probably my least favorite episode of the series. Yes, $10,000 is a lot of money (almost $22,000 in today's dollars) but it certainly did not make the girls rich, especially since they were splitting it four ways. Blanche mentions that she wanted to buy an emerald pendant with her share of the lottery winnings. Was she going to pay for it on time? Her portion wouldn't have even been enough for a Jasper De Kimmel painting.

You can get a natural emerald pendant for $2500.00 or even less. Probably could get a good one for that kind of money back then. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 7/23/2019 at 4:40 PM, scarynikki12 said:

I think Sophia would have been more positive towards/about Stan if he hadn't gotten Dorothy pregnant in high school and had then respected his marriage vows. If they'd met in college, married after graduation, had kids as adults, and Stan remained faithful to Dorothy then I think she'd have been more accepting of his flaws. There'd still be snark because she's Sophia, but it would be in the same vein of how she snarks on everyone and everything.

Wow, in the 30+ years I’ve been watching the show I’ve never read or considered this theory. Kudos! I think she still wouldn’t have liked him (he seemed to be universally disliked; even his shrink called him a nudnik) but not as venomously.

• Love 1
On 10/25/2019 at 7:04 PM, Kiddvideo said:

Wow, in the 30+ years I’ve been watching the show I’ve never read or considered this theory. Kudos!

Sophia more or less confirms exactly that in the episode where Stan brings her and Dorothy to his therapy session, where the therapist tells him his obsession with Dorothy was more an obsession with Sophia, who was a replacement for his own mother who couldn’t stand him.

When he tries to get Sophia to say she loves him and she won’t at first, she eventually says, “oh sure I love you Stan. I love you for knocking up Dorothy at 17, for sponging off me and Sal for years, for cheating on Dorothy left and right...”

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Sophia more or less confirms exactly that in the episode where Stan brings her and Dorothy to his therapy session. 

When the therapist tells him he’s obsession with Dorothy was more an obsession with Sophia, who was a replacement for his own mother who couldn’t stand him.

When he tries to get Sophia to say she loves him and she won’t at first, she eventually says, “oh sure I love you Stan. I love you for knocking up Dorothy at 17, for sponging off me and Sal for years, for cheating on Dorothy left and right...”

That's really why I hate Stan. He wants Sophia to love him and can't understand why she hates him. He got her smart 17 year old daughter pregnant, Dorothy was the one who worked hard to support the family not him, he sponged off his in-laws, and cheated on their daughter. Your shocked Sophia hates you? I bet Sal hated you too. Its not a big mystery why. Stan never really gets why Dorothy hates or how badly he hurt her either. Sophia's actions when Dorothy decides to remarry Stan. Yes, its Dorothy's choice but I can see why Sophia won't give her blessing. Stan already hurt her daughter once and didn't want to see her make the same mistake again. Dorothy's happy and back in love with Stan when she agrees to remarry him. But then he shows again. He really hasn't changed. The money may not seem like a big deal. He did become a success without Dorothy. But its not really about that. Dorothy worked her butt off to support their family, Stan didn't. He wouldn't get it together for her and their kids at any point during their marriage. Now that their remarry and he does have money, he's still not going to share it with Dorothy. Even though he now has the means to support Dorothy in ways he never could before. He still won't. 

• Love 3

I’m bingeing the show on Hulu right now, and one thing I’ve noticed (apart from how Hallmark, Lifetime, and Logo cut out whole subplots in syndication) is that when Sophia is feeling particularly protective of Dorothy, she doesn’t use her name. If Sophia is referring to her as Dorothy, the issue at hand is not a big deal, but if she starts calling her “my daughter”, it’s akin to a mama bear’s roar, and she is in scary mom mode. 

• Love 6

If Sophia is referring to her as Dorothy, the issue at hand is not a big deal, but if she starts calling her “my daughter”, it’s akin to a mama bear’s roar, and she is in scary mom mode. 

Exhibit A, when a doctor says Dorothy's illness is all in her head:

"Mental?!! Well, let me tell you something, Mr. 100% Tip-Top Mental. My daughter may be no spring chicken, and her jaw might crack when she chews! And she may have noticeable trouble digesting raw vegetables! But one thing she is not, is mental!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

I’m bingeing the show on Hulu right now, and one thing I’ve noticed (apart from how Hallmark, Lifetime, and Logo cut out whole subplots in syndication) is that when Sophia is feeling particularly protective of Dorothy, she doesn’t use her name. If Sophia is referring to her as Dorothy, the issue at hand is not a big deal, but if she starts calling her “my daughter”, it’s akin to a mama bear’s roar, and she is in scary mom mode. 

Sophia was always so mean, abusive and belittling of Dorothy, it’s hard to believe she cared about her. She seemed angriest when she felt she couldn’t control Dorothy such as when Dorothy was dating someone she didn’t approve of. 

• Love 5
On 10/27/2019 at 3:01 PM, andromeda331 said:

That's really why I hate Stan. He wants Sophia to love him and can't understand why she hates him. He got her smart 17 year old daughter pregnant, Dorothy was the one who worked hard to support the family not him, he sponged off his in-laws, and cheated on their daughter.

Stan sponged off Sophia and Sal?

54 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

Sophia lists it in the episode where she joins him in therapy. Sponging off her and Sal for eight years along with getting Dorothy pregnant at 17 and cheating on her. Gee, Stan, I can't imagine why Sophia hates you.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Blakeston said:

There were always hints. The flashback episode where Dorothy asked Stan's mother for money. The Christmas where Stan took a thrown out tree on the 26th so the kids can have a Christmas. Dorothy kicking Michael out because he was turning into Stan.

His own mother told Dorothy not to tell him about the loan because she knew he'd keep sponging off her if he can get away with it.

He probably sponged off Sal and Sophia because even though they hate him, they wouldn't let Dorothy and the children go hungry. And he knew it.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

There were always hints. The flashback episode where Dorothy asked Stan's mother for money. The Christmas where Stan took a thrown out tree on the 26th so the kids can have a Christmas. Dorothy kicking Michael out because he was turning into Stan.

His own mother told Dorothy not to tell him about the loan because she knew he'd keep sponging off her if he can get away with it.

He probably sponged off Sal and Sophia because even though they hate him, they wouldn't let Dorothy and the children go hungry. And he knew it.

Bingo. You've hit the nail on the head with these great examples. My guess is Stan was a little bit on the lazy side too. After all, when they wanted to get a TV (flashback episode)  it was Dorothy who got a second job to pay for it, not Stan.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Bingo. You've hit the nail on the head with these great examples. My guess is Stan was a little bit on the lazy side too. After all, when they wanted to get a TV (flashback episode)  it was Dorothy who got a second job to pay for it, not Stan.

It’s not like Sal was a prize. He was a compulsive gambler who lost the pizza/knish stand after he gambled away the profits. While Dorothy got a job to pay for a TV, so did Sophia. Sophia’s taking in sewing to buy the TV and Sal’s going out drinking. Her own father didn’t like Sal and she admitted he wasn’t smart, good looking or a good provider. I think Dorothy in a flashback episode told Sophia when Sophia said she had never accomplished anything, that despite working two jobs she always was there for her and they always had meat on the table. I understand Sophia not easily forgiving Stan for walking out on Dorothy, but not for hating him while they were married (remember they didn’t know about Stan’s compulsive cheating until he confessed before his bypass surgery). 

• Love 1
On 3/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, Goldenfan85 said:

I honestly felt that Blanche's comment putting Dorothy down for her outfit right before Elliot comes in was another factor as it feeds Dorothy's impression that Blanche was jealous of her and in a way she was given how fragile Blanche's ego is(she uses some of those put downs to feel better about herself)- and also Blanche's way of telling wasn't convincing to a certain extent because of how long it took her to say it as well as her "tiny little waist" comment- she obviously was really reluctant to tell Dorothy and couldn't find the right words so she tried to do it in a gentle somewhat charmingly awkward way that didn't convince Dorothy. Dorothy took it too far though by insulting Blanche to that degree which was really just about her insecurities. Dorothy would really rather be like Blanche in a lot of ways and she just didn't want to lose the one thing that was making her feel like she was. There was still no real excuse for how she acted later on in the episode as it should have been clear that Blanche was not lying. 

I love this show but the writing was always a little "vaudeville" Blanche makes a ridiculous statement and it sets up Dorothy to release a punch line.

"He might be at least 5 years younger than me"

"In what, Blanche, dog years?"

However, the Dorothy is ugly comments and usually came out of the blue and Sophia was often the worst offender.

I think the nastiest thing we learned about Blanche was that she did not want to live with attractive women, so she thought her room mates were a couple of dogs.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:20 PM, Ria said:

Dorothy not wanting to date a cop at least made more sense than Blanche not wanting to date a pharmacist. Now that was dumb. 

I never understood the problem with Dorothy dating Eddy the love machine. This was a woman who didn’t date much and had sex even less. Let her have some fun. When it ran its course, so be it. What was the problem that she had to dump him? And I hate Eddy’s line that the good ones always want more than sex. Maybe they’re just not that into you Eddy. 

Seriously, I still do not understand this. Why would a woman who enjoys sleeping with all manner of longshoreman at the Rusty Anchor be so snobby about a Pharmacist?  Was Pharmacist a horrible job in the eighties? Blanche was acting like she only dated Supreme Court Judges or heads of state.

On 10/27/2019 at 3:01 PM, andromeda331 said:

That's really why I hate Stan. He wants Sophia to love him and can't understand why she hates him. He got her smart 17 year old daughter pregnant, Dorothy was the one who worked hard to support the family not him, he sponged off his in-laws, and cheated on their daughter. Your shocked Sophia hates you? I bet Sal hated you too. Its not a big mystery why. Stan never really gets why Dorothy hates or how badly he hurt her either. Sophia's actions when Dorothy decides to remarry Stan. Yes, its Dorothy's choice but I can see why Sophia won't give her blessing. Stan already hurt her daughter once and didn't want to see her make the same mistake again. Dorothy's happy and back in love with Stan when she agrees to remarry him. But then he shows again. He really hasn't changed. The money may not seem like a big deal. He did become a success without Dorothy. But its not really about that. Dorothy worked her butt off to support their family, Stan didn't. He wouldn't get it together for her and their kids at any point during their marriage. Now that their remarry and he does have money, he's still not going to share it with Dorothy. Even though he now has the means to support Dorothy in ways he never could before. He still won't. 

Was there an episode where we found out that Sophia turned away a much better guy to take Dorothy to the prom for some really stupid reason? It was a guy Dorothy was crazy about and had she gone to the Prom with him her life would have been totally different.

However, the Dorothy is ugly comments and usually came out of the blue and Sophia was often the worst offender.

Yeah, but like much of the "vaudeville" set up and punchlines, many of them were just really funny.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Was there an episode where we found out that Sophia turned away a much better guy to take Dorothy to the prom for some really stupid reason? It was a guy Dorothy was crazy about and had she gone to the Prom with him her life would have been totally different.

Sophia sent him away because of his punk clothes and attitude. She told him her little girl deserves better. She thought he would come back but he didn't so she never told Dorothy he actually showed up.

I liked that episode because everyone had their own version and feelings about the same event. You never know what one thing can change the course of your life, for better or worse.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, qtpye said:

Sophia: “Jealousy is an ugly thing, Dorothy. And so are you, in anything backless.”

That’s GOLD!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

One of Sophia's worst moments was in the hurricane episode in season 7 - it infuriates me that she went out of her way to show Gloria #2 was her favorite "good" daughter while Dorothy was basically chopped liver. After giving Dorothy so much grief about remarrying Stan in season 6 but pushed Gloria on Stan saying that they were a better couple and they all treated the whole situation as if it was no big deal.....ugh, talk about hypocrisy.

Dorothy handled that situation way better than I would have - betrayal like that  should have had Dorothy be angry for most of that season (right up until the finale) before she forgave any of them. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

I try to fanwank it as Sophia seeing Stan as a step-up for Gloria at that point in her life, while still seeing Dorothy as being too good for him...or something.

Same. I feel like Sophia sees Gloria as the good daughter and sees Dorothy as the strong daughter.

• Love 2
On 11/10/2019 at 11:03 PM, Hiyo said:

I try to fanwank it as Sophia seeing Stan as a step-up for Gloria at that point in her life, while still seeing Dorothy as being too good for him...or something.

I saw it that way too. That Gloria needs a man to take care of her. Any man. Even Stan.

I thought that was insulting to Gloria. Sophia doesn't think much of any of her children, does she?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I saw it that way too. That Gloria needs a man to take care of her. Any man. Even Stan.

I thought that was insulting to Gloria. Sophia doesn't think much of any of her children, does she?

Even though Stan didn't take care of Dorothy? What makes Sophia think he'll take care of Gloria? Or stay faithful. He cheated on Dorothy. He'd cheat on Gloria.

• Love 2

The only way I can make sense of Blanche's disappointment at the returning service member being a pharmacist is if she was really, really into the fantasy of being with a soldier. And seeing him come home at the end of the day in uniform, etc. etc., was the only thing about him that appealed to her.

Considering her usual standards, though, she should have been fine with it. Wasn't she impressed that one guy had the second-largest pet neutering service in greater Miami, or something like that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 11/18/2019 at 12:39 PM, Blakeston said:

Considering her usual standards, though, she should have been fine with it. Wasn't she impressed that one guy had the second-largest pet neutering service in greater Miami, or something like that?

Or Mel Buschman, “The Zipper King”.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Not4Me said:

Or Mel Buschman, “The Zipper King”.

Or Rob and Bob. I’ve seen potted plants with more personality. I guess they had money since one at least could put a new car on his credit card. But blech those two were dull as dirt and the actors stiff as boards. 

Edited by Ria
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

There are quite a few posts about why Stan is disliked (he's a yutz). But there's one thing in the Stan and Dorothy story that really bugs me, and might be another reason to dislike him. In one of the versions about how Dorothy became pregnant she says she was unconscious, and that Stan must have slipped her something (to which Sophia says, Apparently). Now I get the quite funny double entendre, and I realise it's only a sitcom. It could also simply be understood as Stan being so inadequate that she felt like she wasn't experiencing the moment. 

But this still bugs me. I know that #metoo wasn't a thing back in the '80s and that the event itself took place in the late 1940s when it would have been considered the woman's fault for getting into a situation in which she can be mistreated, which would explain why Dorothy would have just accepted it, no point going to the police. 

Maybe I'm overreacting or reading too much into it. And maybe the joke is on Stan who was useless rather than Dorothy being unconscious. But the "slipped me something" suggests something more sinister. 

Maybe it's because I love the Girls and the thought that that could have happened to one of them bothers me.

And this is in contrast with the 2 stories when Blanche's professor and Rose's dentist sexually harass the girls, and they take action. 

Edited by MoistestCake
  • Love 6
On 11/20/2019 at 3:23 PM, MoistestCake said:

There are quite a few posts about why Stan is disliked (he's a yutz). But there's one thing in the Stan and Dorothy story that really bugs me, and might be another reason to dislike him. In one of the versions about how Dorothy became pregnant she says she was unconscious, and that Stan must have slipped her something (to which Sophia says, Apparently). Now I get the quite funny double entendre, and I realise it's only a sitcom. It could also simply be understood as Stan being so inadequate that she felt like she wasn't experiencing the moment. 

But this still bugs me. I know that #metoo wasn't a thing back in the '80s and that the event itself took place in the late 1940s when it would have been considered the woman's fault for getting into a situation in which she can be mistreated, which would explain why Dorothy would have just accepted it, no point going to the police. 

Maybe I'm overreacting or reading too much into it. And maybe the joke is on Stan who was useless rather than Dorothy being unconscious. But the "slipped me something" suggests something more sinister. 

Maybe it's because I love the Girls and the thought that that could have happened to one of them bothers me.

And this is in contrast with the 2 stories when Blanche's professor and Rose's dentist sexually harass the girls, and they take action. 

Agree. I just have to ignore that because.. Ugh. I also ignore Blanche letting a stranger paw all over a sick and passed out Dorothy so Blanche could enjoy her date with Mike, the charming dude with a silver tooth and scorpion tattoo she met at Del's Route 1 Chevron.  Rules to live by though.. NEVER fall asleep next to Blanche or Stan. The whole retelling of that scenario is just horrible. That all had their turns of doing some really sick and twisted shit to each other. 

• Love 4
On 11/27/2019 at 8:08 PM, itstheworm said:

That all had their turns of doing some really sick and twisted shit to each other. 

I think it was in the episode where Sophia pretends to channel Charlie and Rose says it was the worst thing Sophia had ever done to her that Sophia says she once buried Rose up to her neck and let kids throw balls at her head. And Rose doesn’t deny it happened. I don’t like it when the show has the girls be mean. Sophia was awful in that episode but that story makes her sound sociopathic. 

• Love 7
On 11/20/2019 at 3:23 PM, MoistestCake said:

I get that the "apparently!" line is a good gag, but I really think they could have worked it into the episode in a less cringe-inducing way.

Dorothy could have said that she barely remembered the night Stan knocked her up, and then Blanche or Rose could have said, "Maybe he slipped you something," to which Sophia could have said, "Apparently!"

• Love 3

There were a lot of clunker jokes too that fell flat. Just saw the episode where Dorothy replies "Wasn't the musical version called Hey Hey That's My Tractor?" The laugh track barely budged on that one. Another Dorothy clunker: "But it's a great way to rack up lots of frequent tobogganer mileage." Hardee har har, my reaction is like Rose's to that one.

Dorothy (well Bea) did best with comebacks to Rose's stupid questions.  One of my favorites is when Dorothy was talking about her Grandmother in a wheelchair and recalling how active she was.  Rose asks "What happened to her?"  - and Dorothy very matter of factly says "She colonized life on Venus"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I didn't like George having an illegitimate son when he and Blanche were so in love or Big Daddy running around on his wife with Mamie Watkins.

Hated that none of Big Sally's kids were at the funeral. No family members at any weddings: Michael's, Sophia's, and Dorothy's almost remarriage and final episode nuptials.

Hated they were never dressed in summer attire, only long sleeves and pants.

• Love 7
On 2/16/2020 at 3:29 AM, Goldengold said:

Even when they had episodes where they were complaining about how hot is was and when the AC was broken, etc.  Not a tank top nor a pair of shorts in sight.  I know they probably wanted to be comfortable on set, but you'd think the directors would have been a bit more firm.

• Love 3
On 2/16/2020 at 1:29 AM, Goldengold said:

I didn't like George having an illegitimate son when he and Blanche were so in love or Big Daddy running around on his wife with Mamie Watkins.

Hated that none of Big Sally's kids were at the funeral. No family members at any weddings: Michael's, Sophia's, and Dorothy's almost remarriage and final episode nuptials.

I hated both of those too. They threw both characters under the bus for one episode and for no reason. 

I didn't like that we never saw family especially the kids at any of the wedding. 

I also hated that they never told us what happened to Big Daddy's second wife or Michael's wife and child. They were there for one episode then never mentioned again. Not at Big Daddy's funeral or when Michael showed up again later. 

I also didn't like Dorothy getting involved with a married man. That's something I just can't see her ever doing because she knew how it felt to be the wife cheated on. She had issues with that for a long time. I can't see her ever doing that to another woman. 

Speaking of cheating I hate that the man who died in Rose's bed turned out to be married. Rose should have been pissed that he lied to her. And I really hate that his wife ends up being the one to come comfort Rose in the end over what happened. So the wife finds out her husband once again cheated on her, died in another woman's bed and she has to go comfort her? That's messed up. Why did he have to be married in the first place? Why couldn't he have been single, divorced or widower? Why couldn't the wife been his sister instead?

• Love 1
On 2/17/2020 at 12:37 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Even when they had episodes where they were complaining about how hot is was and when the AC was broken, etc.  Not a tank top nor a pair of shorts in sight.  I know they probably wanted to be comfortable on set, but you'd think the directors would have been a bit more firm.

Well, they were portraying ‘women in their golden years’.  Even though Sophia was the only one of retirement age.   She was the age that women seem to turn the heat up to 80.   I am the age Dorothy was said to be and I don’t wear shorts, but I do wear capris and sleeveless tank type tops( not Spaghetti  straps).   Our heat is also set at 68. 

• Love 1
On 2/18/2020 at 12:35 AM, andromeda331 said:

Speaking of cheating I hate that the man who died in Rose's bed turned out to be married. Rose should have been pissed that he lied to her. And I really hate that his wife ends up being the one to come comfort Rose in the end over what happened. So the wife finds out her husband once again cheated on her, died in another woman's bed and she has to go comfort her? That's messed up. Why did he have to be married in the first place? Why couldn't he have been single, divorced or widower? Why couldn't the wife been his sister instead?

That's one of my top 3 episodes. I like the twist that the guy was married - it upped the dramatic stakes even further. Not only was Rose faced with notifying someone about the death of a loved one, but she also had to reveal that she'd been sleeping with their husband, and she still had the courage to go through with it!

Her extraordinarily unlikely bond with that woman was very sweet. And I think marriages like that one are far more common than a lot of people think. There are a lot of Al Beattys in this world - people who simply aren't capable of monogamy, and never will be. They nonetheless often find partners who are willing to look past it. I don't think those relationships are particularly healthy, but that doesn't mean there's no love involved. It was interesting to me to hear the perspective of someone in that position.

As for the warm clothes - I think the actresses didn't want to reveal their arms or legs. Betty and Rue were willing to wear tight outfits sometimes, but they were always covered. (Even the slinky dress Blanche wore on the grand piano had tights.)

That said, the costume designers should have come up with long-sleeved outfits that were less bulky than sweaters.

• Love 3
On 2/23/2020 at 3:41 PM, Blakeston said:

That's one of my top 3 episodes

Rose faced with notifying someone about the death of a loved one

What are your other 2?

I think it's weird Rose notified the wife with nothing more to go on than a name and number from a phone book. After all a man cheating would probably use a fake name. Still, if she didn't there would be no plot...

8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

The Freida Klaxton (sp?) episode is one of my favorites.

I like that episode too. But since she’s “Mrs” Klaxton, I wonder what happened to Mr Klaxton. She might have mattered to him at one point (since Rose was so concerned about her having no reason to have been born or something). Although who was Rise to decide Mrs Klaxton didn’t have a happy life? 

Yeah I’m sure the actresses didn’t want to show varicose veins and crepey skin. Thus the layers of clothes. It doesn’t bother me because A/C is usually too cold for me. The only time the writers were stupid is when supposedly theirs a “cold snap” in Miami and they all have to sleep in bed together. How cold could it gas possibly been? 45 degrees?

Not all women have varicose veins or crepy skin. Sophia probably did but not the rest. I am 60 and my skin and legs look good enough to wear a dress or short sleeves and I don’t expect people to be closely inspecting me or care if they did!

(edited)
7 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

And don’t forget the tap dancing outfits. 

In which their legs looked great.  But they wore tights with those; I was responding to the discussion about how infrequently we saw the skin of their upper arms and legs.

Edited by Bastet

It *does* seem strange they wore those heavy layers during heat waves. People who don't like to show skin usually wear long cotton dresses or light weight trousers. I'm not sure why those are not part of the costumes.

• Love 1