Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

Do you guys know what the CERN particle accelerator, aka Large Hadron Collider, is? I do, but I was surprised to discover that some of my Facebook friends, whom I consider to be quite well-informed, did not. I thought it was common knowledge.

(Confession: I may be a bit of a nerd, though, and I’ve watched the early seasons of Big Bang Theory several times ? But I’d likely know about the LHC even if I didn’t watch BBT!)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Do you guys know what the CERN particle accelerator, aka Large Hadron Collider, is? I do, but I was surprised to discover that some of my Facebook friends, whom I consider to be quite well-informed, did not. I thought it was common knowledge.

(Confession: I may be a bit of a nerd, though, and I’ve watched the early seasons of Big Bang Theory several times ? But I’d likely know about the LHC even if I didn’t watch BBT!)

I have absolutely no clue, nary a one.  And I've never watched BBT.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Know more or less what it is from documentaries and such, but I've never watched BBT in my life. I know it's gigantic, and that was enough to interest me. I'm the least science-y person in the world, maybe, but concepts and weird stuff interest me.

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Capricasix said:

I lived in Arlington, Texas as a kid and into my college years, and during that time period, they started construction of what was known as the Super Collider. I can't recall specifically where the area was, but I believe it was not all that far from the Arlington (i.e., DFW metroplex), maybe somewhere around Hillsboro or some such.  I know about CERN and the LHC because it's the same thing that the SC was to be. I guess it was a federal project that partnered with some state and local governments but it was dismantled in process as it fell victim to the economy in the '70s IIRC.  I remember going out to the area where it was to have been built and you could see some of the concentric rings that were to be part of the entirety and the area was later covered and built over. CERN and the LHC has been featured in some novels and in movies (Angels & Demons), specifically, with its God Particle or anti-matter.

Edited by Toomuchsoap

Jim Rodford, bassist working with the Zombies, Argent and the Kinks, dies at 76 after a fall in his home.

As bassist with his cousin Rod Argent on the B3 Hammond organ, guitarist and vocalist Russ Ballard, and Bob Henrit on drums.

As bassist with Ray and Dave Davies on guitar and vocals, Mick Avory on drums, and Ian Gibbons on keyboards.

Jim Rodford, a supporting member of the Zombies. He was the first musician Rod Argent attempted to add when forming the Zombies, but the bassist ultimately turned down the job since he was already a member of the popular British band the Bluetones. Rodford was instrumental in the development of the Zombies, lending the group the Bluetones' equipment, orchestrating the Zombies' early shows and assisting on arrangements for their breakout 1964 single "She's Not There," penned by Argent. 

After the Zombies' breakup in 1967 Argent would co-found the eponymously named band Argent with Rodford, alongside drummer Bob Henrit and singer/guitarist Russ Ballard. Rodford would appear on all seven Argent albums – including the band's best-known song "Hold Your Head Up" – before that band dissolved in 1976. 

The Kinks recruited Rodford in 1978, playing with them for nearly two-decades as an integral percussive foundation to the guitar-heavy band in their later years.

Jim was not only a highly skilled and much sought out bass player, but also committed to developing new talent in his local music scene as an ever present member in St.Albans, Hertfordshire, England, where he had lived his entire life. Jim is survived by his wife of 56 years, Jean and two sons, Steve (drummer), and Russell (guitarist), grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Capricasix said:

6 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I lived in Arlington, Texas as a kid and into my college years, and during that time period, they started construction of what was known as the Super Collider. I can't recall specifically where the area was, but I believe it was not all that far from the Arlington (i.e., DFW metroplex), maybe somewhere around Hillsboro or some such.  I know about CERN and the LHC because it's the same thing that the SC was to be. I guess it was a federal project that partnered with some state and local governments but it was dismantled in process as it fell victim to the economy in the '70s IIRC.  I remember going out to the area where it was to have been built and you could see some of the concentric rings that were to be part of the entirety and the area was later covered and built over. CERN and the LHC has been featured in some novels and in movies (Angels & Demons), specifically, with its God Particle or anti-matter.

The Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) in Upton, New York, is still operational. 

RHIC began operation in 2000 and until November 2010 was the most powerful heavy-ion collider in the world. The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) of CERN, used mainly for colliding protons, operates with heavy ions for about one month per year. The LHC has operated with 25 times higher energies per nucleon. As of 2017 RHIC and the LHC are the only operating hadron colliders in the world.

Due to the longer operating time per year, a greater number of colliding ion species and collision energies can be studied at RHIC. In addition and unlike the LHC, RHIC is also able to accelerate spin polarized protons, which would leave RHIC as the world's highest energy accelerator for studying spin-polarized proton structure.

47 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

^^^One of the many reasons why I love Europe! Thanks for a morning smile. ?

How are your nerves valley? So glad the tsunami warning was cancelled! That would be frightening ?

LOL  i didn't know about it until i got up this morning..

where we live in nanaimo, we wouldn't have to worry about it cause we are higher up not sea level.

1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

^^^One of the many reasons why I love Europe! Thanks for a morning smile. ?

I was amazed by this video. No matter how food-driven my mother's geese happen to be, they aren't nearly so accommodating as to march in single file into their pen.

How are your nerves valley? So glad the tsunami warning was cancelled! That would be frightening ?

42 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

LOL  i didn't know about it until i got up this morning..

where we live in nanaimo, we wouldn't have to worry about it cause we are higher up not sea level.

I got a notification on my phone in LA. 

Any earthquake makes me skittish after being thrown out of bed by the Northridge Earthquake in 1994.

• Love 1

i have only ever felt 1 earthquake...it was in the early 70's and we were visiting friends who lived in a 3 story walk up.  at first we didn't quite know what was happening and then the shaking got worse...scared me half to death but only lasted for maybe 1 minute..

Trumpeter and singer Hugh Masekela, known as the "father of South African jazz" who used his music in the fight against apartheid, died from prostate cancer at 78.

In a five decade career Masekela gained international recognition with his distinctive afro-jazz sound and hits such as Soweto Blues, which served as one of the soundtracks to the anti-apartheid movement.

Trumpeter, singer and composer Masekela, affectionately known locally as “Bra Hugh,” started playing the horn at 14. He quickly became part of the 1950s jazz scene in Johannesburg as a member of the band the Jazz Epistles and a member of the orchestra in the groundbreaking jazz opera, “King Kong.”After honing his craft as a teenager, Masekela left South Africa at 21 to begin three decades in exile. His global appeal hit new heights in 1968 when his instrumental single Grazin' in the Grass went to number one in the US charts. Developing collaborative friendships with jazz legends like Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Charlie Mingus, Masekela also performed alongside stars Janis Joplin, Otis Redding and Jimi Hendrix in the 1960s.

He was married to singer and activist Miriam Makeba, known as "Mama Africa", from 1964 to 1966.

Hugh's death is an immeasurable loss to the music industry and to the country of South Africa. He was the rare artist who succeeded in fusing politics with his music, making his songs and performances compelling and timeless. His contribution to the struggle for liberation lives on in his music and legacy.

This is Ibala Lami , the video is incorrectly identified.

Concert from the 2008 AVO Sessions

Hugh Masekela / Lead Vocals, Fluegelhorn
Themba Elliot Mokoena / Guitar
Abednigo Zulu / Bass
Arthur Tshabalala / Keyboard
Ngenekhaya Mahlangu / Saxophone
Sello Vincent Montwedi / Drums
Oakantse Moilwa / Keyboard
Francis Manneh Fuster / Percussion

On 1/18/2018 at 7:39 AM, valleycliffe said:

petunia13, have you had your interview with it place yet?

Hi I just got the offer letter. They are offering me what I make now plus commission. Same benefits but no pension (in US grocery/c store if you're union you get a pension after 10 years it's like 50% we pay weekly dues and a large initiation fee and have less vacation and sick days than many non union shops or chains so it's super duper A+ deal). 

I don't know I am not crazy about my current place, not to be negative but I'm really under appreciated and valued, but then again leaping working a new one in a new role isn't a terrific prospect either . 

yes, doing something new or different can often be overwhelming and scarey.

sometimes tho, you just have to take a leap of faith, especially when where you are isn't where you want to be.

ask yourself what do you want more?  security or a challenge..

really tho petunia, when you're not happy in your surroundings, it makes it hard to be happy and confidently do your job.

i apologize for pontificating which i accuse my husband of doing all the time.

i just want you to be happy and love what you do.

I would be researching the reputation of the employer with customers and vendors, financial reports, talk to people that have the same job for the pros and cons, and how the commission pans out. 

If you're still on the fence, break down what you have to bring home every month to cover for the lack of a pension plan you already have.

Can you continue to invest into your present pension working for these other people? When I joined a different union, I was allowed to make a one time payment to bring my pension up to a higher scale.

Singer, writer, producer and actress Lari White died from peritoneal cancer at the age of 52 on January 23.

Born in Dunedin, Florida, White sang gospel music with her parents and performed around Florida. She moved to Nashville where she won the You Can Be a Star talent contest on The Nashville Network. She received a recording contract with Capitol Nashville, and released the single, “Flying Above the Rain,” for the label. It failed to chart, and she was dropped from the roster. 

White signed a publishing deal with Ronnie Milsap, taking acting lessons, and became a back-up singer for Rodney Crowell. Crowell negotiated a recording contract with RCA for her, with Crowell producing her debut project, 1993’s Lead Me Not.

White co-produced Toby Keith's 2006 LP White Trash With Money, as well as albums by Billy Dean and Shawn Mullins.  As an actress, she was in the movie Cast Away and also had roles in the 2010 country-music drama Country Strong and the made-for-TV films No Regrets and XXX's & OOO's.

Released from RCA in 2004, White released the well-received R&B Green Eyed Soul, her first of two albums on her own Skinny White Girl label. The follow-up, 2007's My First Affair, was a live document of the diverse material she performed in her cabaret act at Manhattan's Algonquin Hotel. In 2014, she produced The Shoe Burnin': Stories of Southern Soul, a CD compilation combined with a book of short stories by various authors, including White herself. In February 2017, White's Old Friends, New Loves double-EP collection commemorated her 25th anniversary as a recording artist. Guest vocalists on the project included Delbert McClinton, Suzy Bogguss, Lee Roy Parnell and Charlie Worsham. As a songwriter, White had music recorded by Keith, Patti Page, Pat Green, Danny Gokey and Sarah Buxton, and many others. 

Lari White is one of those talents that never stopped performing, though she may have faded from our attention. She performed in big and small venues, entertained for big and small audiences, wrote music for big and small recognition. She was smart, strong and talented. Lari White loved what she did, and gave back that love to her family, friends, colleagues and audiences ten-fold.

White is survived by her husband and co-writer, Chuck Cannon, daughters M’Kenzy and Kyra and son Jaxon.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

have i mentioned before that hawaiian jesus makes me drool?

he sure is one fine fella.

He makes me do more than that

...I’ll be in my bunk.

(BTW, Chris Hemsworth did the same Water Challenge a couple of years ago, and he DID have a white shirt on! Go on, search it on YT. You know you want to!)

26 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I think I'm going to say yes. If it doesn't work out I can always come back to my place. Maybe even at a higher rate or position after collecting different experiences. 

Go for it! I've heard it said that in the end it's the things you don't do that you regret. Onwards and upwards!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I think I'm going to say yes. If it doesn't work out I can always come back to my place. Maybe even at a higher rate or position after collecting different experiences. 

If after your research you find this opportunity is right for you and you are ready for it ... take the job and Godspeed. I know you'll give it your best effort. 

It might feel like a safe choice if you have a right of return to your present employer, but be careful of leaning on that safety net. You need to be certain this new company are people you can trust and this is an opportunity you can grow with -- If the new job doesn't pan out, returning to your old job could make your present job situation look like a cakewalk. It should not come as any surprise that your old employer and colleagues might turn on you, or your union drag their heels in your defense -- Resentment, assumed disloyalty and jealousy can take many forms.

• Love 2

Mr.Stunt and his rink rat buddies flew out for the U.S. Pond Hockey Championships in Minneapolis. Living in L.A., we don't have the weather for outdoor pond hockey so they play at an ice arena. This is the team's third year. They generally get routed around the middle of the bracket. They have a great time nonetheless, and occasionally get picked up as Free Agents to help out a team. 

This is a 80 minute documentary from 2008 about the championships, rink rats and Pond Hockey.

Lake Nokomis, with downtown Minneapolis in the upper left corner.

seven-ways-to-explore-the-great-minnesot

• Love 2

News from Minneapolis:

The Twin Cities has big doings on both sides of the Mississippi River. St. Paul is celebrating their Winter Carnival. The rinkrats went to the Moon Glow Pedestrian Parade to see the lighting of the ice palace, and tour an ice sculpture garden.

moon-glow-ice-palace-lighting007.jpg?w=6

Article and some fun photos from the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Minneapolis is prepping for the Super Bowl LII at the new U.S. Bank football stadium. Downtown is inundated with festivities, ice sculptures, cross country ski race, charitable events, parties, extended liquor sales hours, to-go cups, bookies, fat tire bike tours, hookers and blow. 

Mr. Stunt says it's Vegas envisioned by Lutherans, sponsored by Ecolab, terrible taxi service, mediocre Mexican food, windchill factors and Sorel boots.

The rinkrats are having good clean fun.

AP -- This week in odd news: Burrito beaning; Cow’s new pals

• Love 6

What do Sixties pop idols the Monkees, British hard rockers Deep Purple, Finnish goth-metal outfit H.I.M. and the late, great Johnny Cash all have in common? They’re just a few of the hundreds of artists who have covered Neil Diamond songs over the last five decades. While a few Neil covers (like the Monkees’ “I’m a Believer”) have managed to surpass the originals, most have failed to truly nail the Solitary Man’s unique blend of brooding introspection, unbridled masculinity and crowd-pleasing schmaltz. Sensitive poet, pop craftsman, Borscht Belt balladeer, lover man, the Jewish Elvis -- Neil’s always been each of these things and more, oftentimes all in the same song.

This recording is from 1967, a recording at The Bitter End in NYC -- Apologies for the sound quality, but the rendition of "Solitary Man" is exquisite.

Favorite songs by Neil Diamond:

Solitary Man --1966 -- First hit single, “Solitary Man” remains the most brilliantly efficient song in the Diamond collection. There’s not a wasted word or chord in this two-and-a-half minute anthem of heartbreak and self-affirmation, which introduced the melancholy loner persona that he’s repeatedly returned to throughout his career.

Cherry, Cherry -- 1966 -- One of the greatest three-chord songs of all time, “Cherry, Cherry” took Diamond into the Top Ten for the first time, and provided the template for a string of rocking sound-alikes -- “Kentucky Woman,” “You Got to Me” and “Thank the Lord for the Night Time” -- that have influenced everyone from the Ramones to John Mellencamp.

Shilo -- 1967 -- No emo singer or band has written anything as heart-rending as this tale of a young boy whose absentee father causes him to seek solace in an imaginary friend. Just in case your eyes are still dry by the 2:27 mark, a toy piano joins in to lend an extra dollop of gut-wrenching poignancy.

Sweet Caroline -- 1969 -- A guaranteed killer in any karaoke bar, “Sweet Caroline” is one of the most genuinely soulful songs Neil’s ever written, which is probably why both Elvis and soul great Bobby Womack have covered it. The pre-chorus “hands, touching hands” build-up is worth the price of admission alone.

Soolaimon -- 1970 -- Paul Simon was lionized for exploring African rhythms on his Graceland album, but Neil’s Tap Root Manuscript LP beat him to it by 16 years. Its tribal grooves and show-stopping Vegas chorus, “Soolaimon” -- the album’s centerpiece -- anticipated The Lion King by nearly a quarter century.

Play Me -- 1972 -- The quintessential Neil seduction ballad; more than four decades later, this one still gets the seats wet at his live shows. “Song she sang to me/Song she brang to me” may be the most flagrantly awful rhyme Neil’s ever written, but he sells it with such bare-chested conviction that it totally works.

I Am…I Said (Live) -- 1972 -- The 1971 studio version of Neil’s existential anthem was the big hit, but the fantastically overwrought live rendition from 1972’s Hot August Night is even better. “I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am, I said, I am, I said,” offers our denim-clad philosopher, and Diamond transformed into The Jewish Elvis, sequins, 20 piece orchestra and bombast. 

This Behind The Music episode is from 2001; a little dated, but they did a good job of covering his early career.

Neil Diamond -- who will be receiving a Lifetime Achievement Grammy tonight -- abruptly ended his 50th anniversary tour and announced his retirement, after a recent diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. 

"It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring," he said in a statement.

You either hate Neil Diamond or you love him. I love him. He came from old-school Tin Pan Ally. The entertainer and the trouper, reaching out to his international army of fans and they reached back with adoration.

"So good! So good! So good!"

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 9

I'm sorry someone whose music you love has been sidelined by a horrible disease, Cupid Stunt. 

I'm not an overall Neil Diamond fan, but I will testify (in any music court) to the irresistible magic that is  "Cherry Cherry". (That song is seemingly so simple and forthright, but it's musically loose and sneaky-wild in an insidious way. And I love that Cherry is never described --  her physical attributes matter not at all -- just that she's "Out of sight, yeah".  She's Lola's good girl counterpart --a  shiny-haired Lori Partridge at the keyboard -- but really, not so much, not so vanilla, since she makes lightning happen. Plus,  the song is linked to a semi-crush I had on a theatre guy in grad school in the eighties  -- so there's that : )

As to the rest of his songbook -- whatever someone's personal taste, Neil Diamond's extraordinary gifts can't be denied. He had all the music in the world in his head, and let the notes dance for half a century. A giant stood here. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Thank you and well said, film noire. Don't be a stranger.

I lurk alot  -- you guys are so wicked funny  -- I need to remember to upvote so people know how much I appreciate cracking up :) 

• Love 10

before hubby walled in the carport we had a family of birds make a nest and lay eggs on a shelf above a window hubby put in.

he took video every day or two until after they hatched...

we were kinda worried when it was time to teach them to fly..

he was also worried about the cat.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 7

Cat's do enjoy a snack on the wing. It's fascinating to watch birds tend their nests and young. Did the hatchlings make it, Valley?

Mark E Smith, the snarling and single-minded leader of Manchester post-punk group The Fall, was a rock hero whose ragged, rare musical artistry was the stuff of legend. Over the past 40 years, great bands have come and gone. Musical trends have waxed and waned, but The Fall, basically Mark E Smith and whoever he hadn't fired at the time, remained belligerently unfashionable on the shoals of the music scene. He hired and fired more than 60 bandmates and released 30 albums of music that normally featured frayed, repetitive guitars and Smith's caustic stream of semi-consciousness, dry witticisms and plays on words. Smith's pronounced Mancunian accented sing-slur made him unlike any other frontman, and he inspired devotion among fans who were drawn to his uncommon presence and rambling poetry. Smith was an autodidact with a single-minded vision, fired by the white heat of punk, found voice in a body of work unlike anything else.

Mark Edward Smith grew up with a love of literature and named his band after an Albert Camus novel; a defiant bookishness was built into The Fall from the beginning. Smith had been a shipping clerk at the Manchester docks but was inspired to take music seriously after watching a now-legendary gig by The Sex Pistols in Manchester. He paid for his band's rehearsal space by playing pool and doing tarot readings, and their debut album, Live at the Witch Trials, came out in 1979. It got good reviews, but reviewers misunderstood the humor. That became the story of his life and music career.  

Smith found a champion in BBC Radio 1 DJ John Peel, who called The Fall "the band against which all others are judged". When all the band's Peel Sessions were compiled and released as a box set in 2004, they ran to seven hours. Between 1984 and 2004, 27 songs by The Fall reached the top 100 of the UK singles chart. Only two went higher than number 40, though, and they were both covers - There's A Ghost In My House and Victoria.

I attended the infamous 1998 show at Brownies in NYC, where there was an onstage disagreement with Smith and the rest of the band. Smith was berating them and the band members charged, throwing punches. Smith gave back as good as he got, though once the stage crew pulled everyone apart, it would be hard to say who got the worst of it. Smith was dragged away kicking and swearing, ending the night in jail.

Even if Smith ended up on the losing side, in his eyes, whatever the quarrel, he was always right. Former band members vehemently disagreed, particularly the connection with his lifelong heavy drinking and hairtrigger temper. "If anybody says to me I've got a problem with the drink, I tell them I do have a problem -- like where to get it from after 11 o'clock," he once said. "I've stopped drinking anyway - stopped half an hour ago."

The Fall’s tense, often-abrasive sound was a key influence on numerous bands including Sonic Youth (which covered several of their songs), Pavement, The Pixies, Gorillaz and LCD Soundsystem. Most Fall fans don’t have anything as pedestrian as favorite albums or songs, but rather favorite eras and lineups. I’m partial to the Brix Smith era, who married Mark, then wrote or co-wrote some of his greatest songs across a string of incredible albums run -- 1983 Perverted By Language, 1984 The Wonderful And Frightening World Of The Fall, 1985 This Nation’s Saving Grace, 1986 Bend Sinister, and 1988 The Frenz Experiment and I Am Kurious Oranj yielded some of the most idiosyncratic pop committed to record. They divorced because Smith was a notorious taskmaster -- a nice way of saying wives, girlfriends, bandmates were redundant.

There has never been anyone quite like Mark E Smith in British music, and there never will be again. Mark E. Smith died January 24 at his home. Smith had been suffering with health issues for some time and had cancelled a 2017 U.S. tour. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, bannana said:

@Cupid Stunt you always post things that have me going down the rabbit hole to learn more about artists I thought I knew, and ones I never knew.

It's fun and healthy for the little grey cells to synapse in new musical directions. 

Can you, and any of the other Canadian Preverts, comment on A beginners guide to the differences between the two most similar countries on earth?

It's amusing, and has some familiar Canadian deviations on product and social manners. I expect that there are provincial, city/rural, language, and nationality differences not covered -- Does the site hit more than it misses?

5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

yes, the hatchlings made it....

after they left, hubby took the nest down.

Good for them and you. It helps everyone to be good stewards of your patch of ground.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Can you, and any of the other Canadian Preverts, comment on A beginners guide to the differences between the two most similar countries on earth?

It's amusing, and has some familiar Canadian deviations on product and social manners. I expect that there are provincial, city/rural, language, and nationality differences not covered -- Does the site hit more than it misses?

I think I may have seen this before--off the top of my head, house hippos are great! We love them! [They came from an advertising council ad about "truth in advertising."] Hate the word "canuck" with the fire of several thousand suns. Winnipeg jokes are always welcome--it's cold, flat, and even the kielbasa isn't that great.

The politeness thing? Who knows? Kinder Eggs are not forbidden, true. Guns are more or less forbidden, true.

Something he or she may have forgotten: getting ice melter on your lips because you wiped your face with your mitts on. Did that one this morning while swearing and cleaning off the car, and shovelling, and swearing some more. I hate snow. Only people from places where there isn't snow play with snow. It is the enemy; not your friend.

Yeah, there are lots of regional differences, but I get paid to mark the crap in front of me, so duty calls.

Edited by pearlite
nope
  • Love 6

That moose story is true - a moose was loose near a small airport in Toronto recently. He ran around for a while and then disappeared into a greenbelt, and hasn’t been heard from since! That’s very unusual for a moose to venture so far south, but they’re quite common up north.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 7
On 1/29/2018 at 3:55 PM, film noire said:

I lurk alot  -- you guys are so wicked funny  -- I need to remember to upvote so people know how much I appreciate cracking up :) 

Hand to heart, the Y&R posters are the funniest people on the internet and about the most kind and intelligent. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Definitely more hits than misses, at least in the few pages I perused. A lot of it is regional but I will admit to laughing out loud at the bilingual tweet. That's definitely familiar in any official dealings and labelling in Canada.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Thank you for the overview Pearlite. 

Your link to the Quebec Culture Blog is clickbait -- "Bridging the Two Solitudes" indeed.

If you have the inspiration this morning, there's going to be a Super Blue Blood Moon: a second full moon in the same month and a lunar eclipse.

I am all about the moon this week. It has been crazy beautiful every day leading into ...

http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-griffith-observatory-lunar-eclipse-watching-party-20180128-story.html

• Love 6