Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

One thing people realize or maybe don't is grooming is very dangerous. I got attacked by a crazy as shit husky today and was bit several times on my right arm and hand and middle finger. It's very detail oriented for the job and physically draining and just hectic all the time. But there's a lot of risk too for the job and many customers don't appreciate that.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Yeah, many dogs are not all cuddly all the time, and the job isn't "awwww you get to be with cute doggies all day".  I'm always sure to tip the groomer at least 20% for her work, it's also a big plus that she's quite pleasant.

• Love 4

I hope you are all having a great summer...some of you already know that I am at the cottage for the summer and therefore not posting as much..just enjoying nature and family...will be back in September...I try every once in awhile though to come by and read all the snark here and get a chuckle...have a great summer all..

• Love 7

I too find them horrifying.  The girls are basically taught that they are worthless and that men are the only ones that matter.  And they all seem to be under Jim Bob's thumb.  *shudder*

I just can't watch that shit.. makes me hurl

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope you are all having a great summer...some of you already know that I am at the cottage for the summer and therefore not posting as much..just enjoying nature and family...will be back in September...I try every once in awhile though to come by and read all the snark here and get a chuckle...have a great summer all..

You too Canadian!Enjoy your time at the cottage and see ya back here in September!!  

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 1

Hey guys! Just a note to make sure you keep the Duggar talk over in that forum. And I know it goes without saying that if you can't say it over there you can't say it over here either! :D

YL8wye5.jpg

Here's a hedgeyhog for the Small Talk thread instead of the usual bunny. 

Awww. He looks like Steve Burton. Except Hedgie is a cutie.

• Love 9
(edited)

Dear radishcake.

Those are not bunnies - have we run out of bunnies?  The show is shit and I don't think I can stand not having bunnies once in a while.  They are cute kitties, though.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 3
(edited)

Thank you SO much - He is the cutest one yet, and since I am sober, however hungover, I will give him lots of hugs.  Thank you, radishcake - you are absolutely the BEST!

Edited to say I will try to be naughty enough to deserve him.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 8

Cute kitty story in 5-5-3-2-1:

Every time Marco came on screen, I'd say "Farko!" in a delighted voice.  The nickname just made me smile.  Well, my cat Iggy heard the delighted tone and interpreted that to be an invitation to hop on the couch next to me and start purring.  So now we use "Farko" as the term for "Come snuggle"!

• Love 10

Cute kitty story in 5-5-3-2-1:

Every time Marco came on screen, I'd say "Farko!" in a delighted voice.  The nickname just made me smile.  Well, my cat Iggy heard the delighted tone and interpreted that to be an invitation to hop on the couch next to me and start purring.  So now we use "Farko" as the term for "Come snuggle"!

That's too cute. Love it!!!

• Love 2

Isn't it cute he heard the happy tone and associated that with snuggling? Like you could have said in that joyous cadence "cupcakes!" And he'd come up and snuggle you like "you what else is fun and happy times? Loving on me!"

• Love 2
TOOMUCHSOAP, ON 25 JUL 2015 - 09:01 AM, SAID:

The only thing I've just about concluded with this shake-your-damn-head turn of events is that ABC and CBS are colluding to get rid of both soaps. What's next? is Pratt about to be on his way out with Carlivatti coming to Y&R?

NINJAPENGUINS, ON 25 JUL 2015 - 09:51 AM, SAID:

You just put that idea right back where it came from, Toomuchsoap. I'll give you a map to Hell's sewer and a flameproof suit; the rest is up to you.

TOOMUCHSOAP, ON 25 JUL 2015 - 10:12 AM, SAID:

Ninja, I've only (ever) caught a couple of seconds of GH on my way through the dial to Barefoot Contessa or something else. I've frankly always, forever, thought it was a very, very bad idea for the ABC soap folks to come anywhere near CBS. The networks are so clearly different from each other nothing is fungible IMO. Never has been and never will be. There's just some different sensibility.

Ron C. getting the boot from GH is good news IMO no matter how you cut it.  But if that hack comes anywhere NEAR Y&R I think my head really would explode.  If I was a Newman, that would be no great loss.   Either that would happen, or I'd start staring off into the distance while scratching myself and hungering for bananas......

AMC was my first soap love, stuck with it from Day 1 to the extremely bitter end.  It started tanking when Disney took over, and circled the bowl when Frons micromanaged it.  The spirit of the show was highjacked and suffocated and the cancellation was a mercy killing.  I missed it, but what it had been, not what the last 10 years of "Babe is Love" and Ryass Lavery, the Dickolas of AMC flukdouchery did to it.

I started Y&R in the early 80's and became a daily viewer when Peter Bergman left AMC and took over the role of Jack Abbott.  For the longest time both shows kept me very happy, but, tonewise, they were so very different.  I also couldn't put my finger on it, but while they both are/were soaps, no way were they interchangable.

I came to OLTL late in the game, and immediately fell in love with it mainly because of Erika Slezak and Robn Strasser.  IMO they were/are brilliant and their characters.....oh my, were they good.  And yet, no way would they have fit on Y&R, any more than Katherine or Jill or Jack would have worked on OLTL.  Or AMC, for that matter.  There's this "difference" in tone, I don't know how to describe it, but it's there.  It's probably why, with the exception of Peter Bergman, none of the old AMC actors who worked on Y&R EVER worked.  No matter how I loved them on AMC, they were painful to watch on Y&R.  Maybe I wouldn't let go of their old characters, whatever, I don't know.  But none of them, from Debi and Darnell to Cady or whatshername who played Heather for a while, no...just, no.

GH was never my favorite, but I dipped in now and then.  IMO the show was so plot heavy and so character lite, I never loved it.  I liked it sometimes..... but it was always last choice for me.  Ron C. did some good work on OLTL, and he also did some of the worse crap I'd ever seen. Only the strength of the cast were able to overcome some of the stinkeroo storylines and characters he threw on the air.

Pratt sucks.  He did a helluva lot towards sending AMC into a terminal decline IMO.  Ron C. writing for Y&R would be an utter disaster.  If we think the show is cartoonish now, if he was writing, Genoa City might just as well become a clown college.  He would really be going from the frying pan straight into the outhouse.

• Love 2
(edited)

All right! And thanks, Boes.

I'm really curious to see other peoples' viewing histories here.

Me, I guess it started when I came home for lunch in public school--I'd hear two things: the announcer from The Edge of Night--I still recall the dramatic pause after Edge, and the phone call from my father's office. Beyond the announcer, nothing, unfortunately.

FF to grad school, when I'd get home, and in the interests of procrastinating, I found GH. When it was a  B & W turgid classic soap. Beat working on a thesis, did Jessie Brewer and Steve Hardy and their travails. Around that time, I also found my other enduring soap, Coronation Street. In eastern Canada, it aired more or less daily, also in B & W, also with horrendous visual quality. But, man, the unapologetically great character writing.

FF a few decades for work and career. Occasionally, I'd catch C Street, but no US soaps.

FF to my daughter's babyhood, and there they were, my old friends, the soaps. I added AMC, OLTL, and Another World, and loved the NYC values in both as well as some of the great actors--David Canary, Ruth Warwick, Erika Slezak, and Robin Strasser, as well as some from AW, but it was more plot-heavy. Y & R was an easy fit, starting in the late 80s, and it stuck--I, too, remember Peter Bergman taking over from Terry Lester, whom I adored, as did, I guess most people.

I didn't really get back to GH until the early 90s [i'm not that young]; instead, I dived into the Patch and Kayla years on Days. Days isn't, and never was my speed, but I had a colleague who loved the demonic-possession storyline, and she lured me in. Honest. I still like Stephen Nichols.

Funniest thing about soaps I find is people's pretentiousness about them. I remember sisters-in-law who devoured Harlequins and were no Rhodes scholars who used to look aghast when I mentioned soaps. It usually ran like, "But, but, you're an academic..." So, sue me.

Ultimately, Y & R and Coronation Street are the only soaps I've stuck with.  Like you, Boes, I know they are both soaps, but they are in no way interchangeable.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 3

I started watching Guiding Light when I was a child, probably around 10 years old or so. I remember when Reva was married to HB. I watched it off and on for quite a while, and I remember Reva finding her long-lost son (also named Dylan...), and he and Harley had had a daughter whom they gave up for adoption...Philip and Rick, Beth and Lujack, Maureen being killed off, Eleni and Frank, all of that.

I don't remember when I stopped watching GL, but I remember starting to watch Y&R in 1988, my first year of university. I also watched AW for a few years. I remember when Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck, Charmed) was on AW, and he was the hot new guy.

I left off watching Y&R for a few years when my kids were little, and got back into it four or five years ago. My grandma died in 1993; she was an avid Y&R watcher, and that was something that she and I could share. The minister even mentioned it at her funeral, which made people smile :)

• Love 4
(edited)

I really like hearing how we all ended up in this same spot, the routes and shows it took to get here.  

My family weren't really soap watchers, although I remember my mom having on the Guiding Light, and especially, the opening to The Secret Storm, back when I was really little.

It was Dark Shadows that got me, and my friends started.  We got this rathole of an apartment right out of high school when we started college - awful place, made our moms cry but we loved it.  And we started watching that.  I found All My Children and then the Young and the Restless and I was on the Road to Perdition!

I forgot for a minute there about Ryan's Hope.  I think that just might have been my favorite of all time, at least for the first years when I was able to watch because I worked the late shift. Kate Mulgrew went to my high school, 3 years younger so I didn't know her (she and my brother were frenemies - she was the Dubuque version of a rich girl and we definitely were not, so there was some dislike) but you know how it is when a local makes good, you tune in to see how it works out.  She was pretty good in RH and pretty great in Star Trek Voyager.   When I went to the day shift, I couldn't watch any of them anymore, so I bought this radio that would bring in the tv stations and listened to them at work like they were radio plays.  That is all such a long time ago.

I stumbled into Days of Our Lives, now and then, over the years.  It was never my favorite, but it did and does have some good actors, and especially has maintained that intergenerational family feel which I like, and which most soaps dispensed with.  Y&R never abandoned that the way so many others did.  

I know that family feel means we have to put up with the mutant Newman offspring, but there's a price for everything!

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

Janeway is my second favourite Star Trek captain (Picard is my fave). Oh, I also like Chris Pine as Kirk in the movie reboot.

That's exactly how I'd rate them too.  Chris Pine was very good in the reboot - first time ever I liked Captain Kirk.  But Picard is godlike, and Janeway isn't far behind.

• Love 1

I've watched CBS soaps, As the World Turns, Guiding Light, and Young and the Restless as long as I can remember. My maternal grandparents watched Y and R.
We all celebrated on Christmas Eve and I remember watching Y and R then. I have a vague memory of one Christmas of Jack being at a homeless shelter? lol GL and ATWT were my favorites. Y and R was really good in the Bell days. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I have watched soaps most of my life---I remember being in "nursery school" and there was a TV somewhere with a black and white GH--Jessie/Steve/Angie---and then I watched them all even ones that are long gone---Love of Life, Search for Tomorrow, Love is a Many Splendored Thing, Where the Heart is, I was there--LOVED Edge of Night especially about the time I was in high school and they had a serial killer who was the congressman's brother on--very radical for those days and so well done--also did time with Loving and the City and another one that was a half hour and adapted from a Ronna Jaffe book the Best of Everything (I must have been the only one watching that because it barely lasted 6 months and was replaced by AMC--I was in 10th grade then) I always thought the New York soaps on CBS were the best but I would shop around and did some time with all of them--loved Guiding Light,ATWTs and Somerset and Another World for a long time until the show runners killed them one by one---I watched some GH due to Scorpio and Anna Devane but the mobsters and the horrid Steve Burton killed that and I never looked back---watched Y&R from the first episode and always loved the sets (I wanted shutters because the Brooke's house had them) but I never thought it was all that until it was the only one left standing and now I watch with 88 year old mom---I also adored Santa Barbara for a time totally because of the actors most notably Lane Davies but the same peeps that killed ABC and JFP ruined that show too and I quit it before it died a horrid death and was a shadow of it's former self---and Ryan's Hope--love that too--I won't say most of all since I loved all the dearly departed for different reasons but Kate Milgrew and the pub and the first appearance of Justin Deas--no one can take that away from me---I too did time with OLTL only because I got off the bus with 20 minutes to spare until "Dark Shadows" so sad that those great days are gone and now I only have Y&R--hate Grampire and B&B which has always been silly but GREAT sets and these days it looks like the best of the lot---so not what soaps used to be but yet here I still am 

Edited by Oly
  • Love 4

Well, I am really, really old and started with soaps on radio.  I would run home from school at lunch time and my Mom would already have the radio tuned to Guiding Light, introduced by Papa Bauer.  Ma Perkins would follow, etc.  Later on, TV came to my hometown - much later than most people because we were in a deep valley in PA and couldn't receive the signals.  God, just typing that makes me feel ancient.  Anyway, ATWT was the first TV show.  It came on earlier in NY state, but then had to be sent via some kind of tower system down to us, so it came on in my town at 4 p.m. for a while.  I can still see the first episode as if it were yesterday - well, maybe the day before that.  Y&R and Guiding Light didn't come until later when I was a young stay at home mother, and then I started with B&B.  Never watched anything but CBS soaps, nor did my mother, sisters or daughter.  Just loved that DVRs had been invented by the time I had to return to the work force.

• Love 3

I started watching soaps around 1971 or 72. I was home from school,either sick or more likely holiday, and was tired of game shows. AMC came on and I just started watching. It was right when Phil was coming home from Vietnam after bring presumed KIA. While I thought a lot of the show was silly, I liked that story and I guess I liked enough of the rest to start watching whenever I was home.

Then A couple of years later I found Wesley Eure on Land of the Lost (Sat morning kids show) and discovered he was also on Days. So of course I just had to watch that show too, because damn, he was HOT! Lol! So I now had two soaps.

I honestly don't remember why I started watching GH, but probably because the TV was still on ABC and I was too lazy to change the channel. Same reason I eventually watched OLTL. Ryan's hope was the only show I started watching from the very beginning and absolutely loved. At least for the first couple of years until it got crazy stupid. Mary and jack, Maeve and Johnny, even Frank and Delia. These were 'real' people with real problems. They weren't beautiful, rich people. They worked for a living.

I loved AMC during the Jenny//Gregg/Angie/Jessie days. I remember seeing Marcy Walker (Liza Colby) in a movie theatre when I was in my early 20s and I immediately didn't like her. Why? Because she was LIZA lol! Yeah okay so I was one of those crazy people who couldn't differentiate between character and actress. But at least I didn't go up to her and start yelling! Anyway, I gave up on AMC but stuck with OLTL It became my only soap for many, many years.

I saw it through the best of times (Malone part 1) and the worst of times (McTavish, Malone part 2) and finally couldn't stand it anymore. I continued to follow news of the show but stopped watching for about 5 years and didn't miss it. About 6 months after Roger Howarth joined ATWT I decided to check it out. It couldn't be any worse than what OL had become, right? The very first show I watched was when Mike and Katie went to Australia to look for Simon. All I had to do was look at Mike to know I was hooked. Damn Mark Collier was the finest thing I'd seen in ages Lol! So I stayed with ATWT until its demise.

I went back to OLTL around 2010 because I saw a spoiler that Marty out a gun to Frodd's head, and I just had to see if she'd actually do everyone a favor and kill the SOB. Alas, she didn't, but despite a lot of FFing, I stayed with the show again until the bitter end, I was overjoyed when prospect park revived it online. I thought the writing is aw vastly superior to anything I'd seen on network in forever, and the new cast additions were awesome. Unfortunately it didn't last but it was fun for a while.

Which leads me to Y&R. I came here when Maura joined the show. I knew nothing of the stories or characters other than a vague notion of EB as Victor. But I was immediately impressed with the costumes, hair, makeup and sets. Everything was so lavish compared to the ABC soaps and even ATWT. What struck me most was how people actually dressed for the proper weather! I know it sounds silly but when you're used to seeing women walk around upstate NY in January wearing no coat and a spaghetti strapped dress, it was quite something to see people in winter coats, hats, scarves and gloves at an outdoor fall festival in GC lol! Of course that's all changed but it was nice for s while.

I came back to GH during the monkey virus story. I think that was 2006. And the only reason I returned was because Tristan Rogers was back. I've had bouts where I'd delete an entire week or even month of shows from my Tivo without even watching, but I just can't quit.

Getting back to the difference between networks, I agree that it's there. I think it's the production values. CBS soaps for all their faults are much more glamorous than their abc counterparts. And the writing, good or bad, is also much different. But I do think that Slezak could have fit nicely on Y&R if the writing was there. She and Jeanne Cooper would have been a match made in heaven. Two society broads either as friends or frenemies. And I think Phil Carey would've been a great love interest for Katherine. But then I still think Tristan could have been a genuine asset if only he'd been written better.

• Love 3

My god, you people have excellent memories.  I know I used to watch Ryan's Hope and AMC when I was a teenager.  I watched GH during the whole Luke and Laura saga.  I remember one with a character named Duncan who had his own island (I think) and Shannon and I remember when I was pregnant with my son I used to watch one with someone named Reba and Julianne Moore played twins, one of whom was British.  And of course Dark Shadows was my favorite.  I watched Y&R with my grandma, boy did she love to hate Victor.

• Love 3

Getting back to the difference between networks, I agree that it's there. I think it's the production values. CBS soaps for all their faults are much more glamorous than their abc counterparts. And the writing, good or bad, is also much different.

A major difference is the fact that Y&R and B&B have been produced out of Los Angeles since their inception. I don't know enough about the other network soaps to know whether any of them were ever west coast-produced. (I know Days is, but was it always so?). In any event, most of them migrated out there after more than half of them had already been canceled, but I think the big difference in the "look" of them was related to the NY-produced soaps. The production studios and the NY actors and support personnel were all steeped in live dramas and stage plays, which I think contributes to the difference.

• Love 2

Oh, I also watched ATWT off and on while I was in university, as one of my roomies was a regular viewer. That was when Lauryn Hill (later of The Fugees) played a teenager who falsely accused Duncan of molesting her or something. He had the worst Scottish accent I've ever heard - worse than James Doohan's Scotty! And the awesome Ming-Na played Tom Hughes' daughter, I think.

• Love 3

Duncan and Shannon and Julianne Moore playing Sabrina and Franny are from ATWT's--not sure about Reba but maybe it was Reva on GL?

Reva and Josh were one of the big love stories on GL. I liked Philip and Beth and Roger and Holly better. 

I remember Julianne Moore playing Frannie and Sabrina. Her friends on ATWT were played by the guy that plays Michael on Y and R and Oscar winner Marisa Tomei. I remember Frannie looking for Sabrina in England? and the nursery rhyme, Ride a Cock Horse to Banbury Cross, was playing . I was a teenager when JM was on, and I loved her hair at the time. She came back when ATWT was ending which I thought was nice. Douglas Marland was the writer at the time I think, and he was really good. He did some great work on GL too. He died too young. 

• Love 3

Not sure if this should go here but wondered who is on Twitter -- ie with an account and you tweet about the show. I'm on Twitter in my real life and cannot tweet about show from there - it's a professional account.

I'm thinking of setting up a separate twitter handle to comment on show. I read tweets almost daily but don't participate. It's starting to drive me nuts. Hence joining.

Thoughts? Experiences?

I'm on Twitter; I occasionally tweet about show, usually in response to JM if he tweets about it (he doesn't tweet about show very much). I'm more apt to tweet about Canadian politics and geeky/nerdy stuff like the Marvel universe :D

Mia, if you set up a personal account, I'd follow you!

I'm on Twitter; I occasionally tweet about show, usually in response to JM if he tweets about it (he doesn't tweet about show very much). I'm more apt to tweet about Canadian politics and geeky/nerdy stuff like the Marvel universe :D

Mia, if you set up a personal account, I'd follow you!

Thank you!! I'm hesitant because I already spend too much of my time here re: the show. lol. But what the hell. I enjoy it.

I'll let you know my handle when it's all set up.

• Love 2

My soaps history--my mother was another one who only watched the CBS soaps.  I can remember her ironing, or folding up clothes, or dusting while "the stories" were on.  Lisa was quite the minx on ATWT and Ed and Lesley were a hot couple on GL.  I have stuck with CBS soaps since, though will often waver on and off. (I am a champion channel surfer--something has gotta grab me fast to make me stay and watch.)  I loved Holly and Roger, Reva and Josh, Beth and Phillip, and always enjoyed some of the great storytelling that was on ATWT.  I didn't watch B&B at first but really got hooked on the Ridge, Caroline, and Brooke triangle.  (I even came home for lunch and stretched out my lunch hour so I could find out who Ridge picked to marry, and was so glad it was Caroline!)  I also must be one of the few who always wanted Ridge and Taylor to stay together.  Hunter Tylo was so beautiful and she was good, until they ruined her character with truly ridiculous choices.  I only watch B&B in passing now.  I watch Y&R mainly for snarking, but have to confess that I love PB's Jack (and Marco.)  Also, love Sharon.  I HATE that these two are always kicked around.  If the B&B and especially the Y&R were not on Pop in the evenings, I admit I would probably not seek them out to watch.

I was one of the original "ran home from school to watch Dark Shadows" kids. I loved it!  Barnabas, Josette/Maggie, Julia, and Angelique were my favorites.  I wish it still came on somewhere.  If I like something, I can watch it over and over.  As for Star Trek, I confess that I loved Captain Kirk.  His friendship with Spock was so great--I am a sucker for friendships with two characters who have great chemistry.  I liked the Star Trek reboot with Pine and Quinto--very nicely done.

I'm not on Twitter, but like it when you preverts share something juicy with us!

• Love 5

My per peeve with Y&R is the endless friendlessness of them all. I liked Jack and Adam tho Pratt seems to be killing that.

I loved the musketeers on GL - Two generations of kids that grew up together. The second group turned up a few times a year. They would have a little story or play pranks at the Bauer Barbeque. When they grew up and a kid you watched grow up killed himself people lost their minds. Y&R needs to do that with Lanes Twins, Johnny, and all. That way, when they're sorased you give a crap ablout them.

• Love 4

All my friends loved Dark Shadows. I went home with a couple of friends when I was about 8 years old, and they immediately put on the show. I will never forget the episode because it scared me half to death and gave me nightmares for weeks. The episode featured a bride, who when she lifted her veil, her face was all bloody. In fact, I still can't watch, even knowing now, at 55 years old, that it's all make believe. Of course I also can't watch any horror movie because it stays with me forever lol! Yeah I'm just a wuss.

• Love 1

My sister is back in Alaska and I'm miserable so I'm back.  I'm starting to catch up with the smaller threads because it seems so overwhelming.  We had a great time, but she left at 6:30 last night - I drank and cried until 2:00 am, and decided it wasn't changing anything so I should get my shit together.  

I can't answer anything about Twitter - the only time I go on is when I read that EB has posted something stupid again, and I go have a look.

I can say that I haven't watched a lot of soaps over the years.  I watched As the World Turns back when Penny and Ellen were friends and when Bob and Lisa got married.  I quit watching that one because I wanted Bob and Lisa back together and they were never going to do it, so I just turned it off.  I did watch General Hospital when Dr. Hardy and Jesse Brewer were on and I think, someone named Audrey, but it lost my attention after a while.  Like almost everyone, I watched Dark Shadows - I had school aged kids by then and they loved it. We never missed that show.  

Y&R, I have watched since it started, because it was so different and so glamorous, and it held my attention, even during the Cricket crap.  I tape and FF mostly now, because it's a shadow of it's former self, if even that.  I do enjoy Peter Bergman's dual role and never miss anything he does.  I wasn't a Jack fan when Terry Lester played him, so I was glad to see PB take over that role and give the character a dose of sweetness.  I can't really compare Y&R with anything else - I have never watched B&B.

I have tried very hard for a year to get into GH because I do like some of the actors there, but the mob thing just turns me off.  I have about 30 episodes on my recorder, and doubt I will ever watch them.  It's interesting to see how many soaps some of you have watched over the years, and how we all wound up here.   

Edited by movinon
  • Love 4

Speaking of EB, he tweeted that people were honking at him all morning and he thought they were being friendly. Then when he finally got out of his car and saw his house keys were sticking out of his trunk lol!

• Love 7

Greetings all. Hope everyone is having a good summer. It's been 2 months or so since I gave up Y&R watching, reading, etc. Figured I'd stop in and see what's happened since then and how everyone here is faring. Cheers!

• Love 2

Greetings all. Hope everyone is having a good summer. It's been 2 months or so since I gave up Y&R watching, reading, etc. Figured I'd stop in and see what's happened since then and how everyone here is faring. Cheers!

Hey, it's nice to see you back on the board again, even for just a stop and see.  I just did a 3 week boycott myself, but I kept reading.  The show is just getting worse by the minute, and the writing is unbelievably bad - this board stays in my life because the people here make me laugh, even when I want to cry.  Cheers to you, too.

• Love 3