Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
radishcake

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

And for the record, thanks a lot, @Cupid Stunt, now that you mentioned Motorhead I can't get "Rock n Roll" out of my brain!

Let's earworm everyone! And that's not so bad ...

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

My long trip travel jam must include Frankenstein (Edgar Winter), AC/DC, Tom Petty and Steve Miller...for starters.   

Roll down the windows and crank. it. up!!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

My long trip travel jam must include Frankenstein (Edgar Winter), AC/DC, Tom Petty and Steve Miller...for starters.   

Roll down the windows and crank. it. up!!

My all time crank it and go fast song is Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Tuesday Traffic Mix: 

The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

It's like that - Run DMC 

California Gurls-Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg

Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones

Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups

Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic 

Radar Love - Golden Earring

MotorSport -- Nicki Minaj

Holiday in Cambodia - The Dead Kennedys 

Barracuda - Heart

Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

LEMON-N.E.R.D ft. Drake and Rhianna

Tongue Tied - Grouplove

Sabotage - Beastie Boys 

Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet

Cherry Bomb - The Runaways 

Morning After Dark - Timbaland, ft. Nelly Furtado, Soshy

Fall Behind Me - The Donnas

Work it - Missy Elliot

Rockin' Around (With You) - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Seven Nation Army - White Stripes

Photograph - Def Leppard 

It's All about the Benjamins - Lil' Kim

Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots

Connected - Stereo MC's

Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Dead Kennedys are coming here in November (no one ever comes here!) but it would never be the same without Jello. I am going to see Black Flag next month and I wish it was Henry Rollins instead of Greg Ginn. I had a dream that I met Henry Rollins at a pool hall when I was on my way to the loo and we started dating 😍. Old punk rockers never die, we just stand in the back.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jpagan05 said:

Dead Kennedys are coming here in November (no one ever comes here!) but it would never be the same without Jello. I am going to see Black Flag next month and I wish it was Henry Rollins instead of Greg Ginn. I had a dream that I met Henry Rollins at a pool hall when I was on my way to the loo and we started dating 😍. Old punk rockers never die, we just stand in the back.

Ain't that the truth!

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Tuesday Traffic Mix: 

The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

It's like that - Run DMC 

California Gurls-Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg

Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones

Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups

Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic 

Radar Love - Golden Earring

MotorSport -- Nicki Minaj

Holiday in Cambodia - The Dead Kennedys 

Barracuda - Heart

Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

LEMON-N.E.R.D ft. Drake and Rhianna

Tongue Tied - Grouplove

Sabotage - Beastie Boys 

Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet

Cherry Bomb - The Runaways 

Morning After Dark - Timbaland, ft. Nelly Furtado, Soshy

Fall Behind Me - The Donnas

Work it - Missy Elliot

Rockin' Around (With You) - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Seven Nation Army - White Stripes

Photograph - Def Leppard 

It's All about the Benjamins - Lil' Kim

Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots

Connected - Stereo MC's

Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry

whaaaaaaaaaaaat, no Carpenters?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, boes said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaat, no Carpenters?

My husband listens to a Carpenter CD in his car. He also loves those horrible Hallmark Christmas movies. Such a senyimentalist.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, boes said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaat, no Carpenters?

Not for a LA traffic mix. You need teeth-grinding Rock noise to get to work.

I'm humming Teenage Dirtbag as I surf the aisles of Costco. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Interstate Love Song will always remind me of the summer of 1995 (even though it was released in September 1994 😄)

Edited by Capricasix
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

My husband listens to a Carpenter CD in his car. He also loves those horrible Hallmark Christmas movies. Such a senyimentalist.

Me too!  Though I listen to it in my house as I don't drive.  My family is ashamed and have threatened me with a trip to Happy Dale but it's Karen forever for me.  

3 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

My guy is a total softie.  He cries before I do.....

Think I'll keep him.

The man is lucky to have you - both!

Edited by boes
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Whoa tonight I had a party of 6 and two of the women were shrewsssss just insulting me and complained over everything, sent everything back, bitching to all the managers and owner’s brother about me and everything served. The managers solution was to comp a lot of shit excessively, the one woman manager we have (who already has been up my ass since day one and nit picks my appearance a lot or gives me bitch face) said I must have really dropped the ball and said I need to have a conversation with her. Hey it wasn’t my idea to get excessive giving free shit, or for food being too cold or too hot, and I knew from the first 2 minutes there was no pleasing this woman and her mother. I also high key think they wanted free shit and a low check since they’d be tagged gratuity.

Just yesterday two of my tables went up to lady manager and told her they were regulars and I gave the best service they’ve ever had, so I’m not jumping on this grenade. And the table before this one gave me a 36% tip and the rest 17-26%.  It can be dangerous for me financially with this lady manager thinking I’m a fuckup, cuz they will give me shitty sections, seat me less, or never parties if they think I’m a bad server. 

99.9% customers are so wonderful serving and nice and respectful. It’s such a joy having them and makes me honored they spent their time and money. It’s great being part of a nice experience, I truly value I can contribute to that.  But like 1 in a hundred is legitimately aggressive or irrational or inappropriate like rolling their eyes or scoffing when you greet them or asking your ethnicity and snapping fingers at you or clapping sarcastically or patting your head and saying “good girl” when you set down something.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

99.9% customers are so wonderful serving and nice and respectful. It’s such a joy having them and makes me honored they spent their time and money. It’s great being part of a nice experience, I truly value I can contribute to that.  But like 1 in a hundred is legitimately aggressive or irrational or inappropriate like rolling their eyes or scoffing when you greet them or asking your ethnicity and snapping fingers at you or clapping sarcastically or patting your head and saying “good girl” when you set down something.  

It is definitely one of the hardest jobs out there. Back in the day, and I am sure today, sexual harassment is also just part of the scene.  We have miles to go.

I have never understood why people find it okay to be demeaning to people in the service industry.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Amen.  I feel for you.

My Mom was a waitress all her life and I have heard stories.  Most folks are nice but you do get the assholes.  She and 2 other servers did a party of 30 once for a business dinner.  They left a whole $5 tip for the three of them.  This was before the gratuity was figured in automatically.  Pissed her off to no end.  She said they were super demanding about everything. 

I vowed when I was young I would never be a waitress....ever.

  • Like 10
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

101519-Barred_owl.jpg

Barred owl

  • Toxic PCBs Linger in Schools -- Millions of fluorescent light ballasts containing PCBs probably remain in schools and day care centers across the U.S. four decades after the chemicals were banned over concerns that they could cause cancer and other illnesses. Many older buildings also have caulk, ceiling tiles, floor adhesives and paint made with PCBs, which sometimes have been found at levels far higher than allowed by law.

5099881399_3d4f039391_b.jpg

Terrazzo entrance of Clifton's Cafeteria, Los Angeles, CA

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Come on Barbie, let's go party!

191016151416-barbie-malibu-dreamhouse.jp

AAIS3l1.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f

Hero-kouign-Amann-Croissant-Breakfast-Mu

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

No power at work all morning. Thank goodness for battery operated equipment or we'd have to close and mamma needs money.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Petunia13 said:

Whoa tonight I had a party of 6 and two of the women were shrewsssss just insulting me and complained over everything, sent everything back, bitching to all the managers and owner’s brother about me and everything served. The managers solution was to comp a lot of shit excessively, the one woman manager we have (who already has been up my ass since day one and nit picks my appearance a lot or gives me bitch face) said I must have really dropped the ball and said I need to have a conversation with her. Hey it wasn’t my idea to get excessive giving free shit, or for food being too cold or too hot, and I knew from the first 2 minutes there was no pleasing this woman and her mother. I also high key think they wanted free shit and a low check since they’d be tagged gratuity.

Just yesterday two of my tables went up to lady manager and told her they were regulars and I gave the best service they’ve ever had, so I’m not jumping on this grenade. And the table before this one gave me a 36% tip and the rest 17-26%.  It can be dangerous for me financially with this lady manager thinking I’m a fuckup, cuz they will give me shitty sections, seat me less, or never parties if they think I’m a bad server. 

99.9% customers are so wonderful serving and nice and respectful. It’s such a joy having them and makes me honored they spent their time and money. It’s great being part of a nice experience, I truly value I can contribute to that.  But like 1 in a hundred is legitimately aggressive or irrational or inappropriate like rolling their eyes or scoffing when you greet them or asking your ethnicity and snapping fingers at you or clapping sarcastically or patting your head and saying “good girl” when you set down something.  

It's infuriating that being rude and complaining will get you free shit. All you can do in situations like that is not give them any ammunition and let your manager handle it. I'm sure they are like that in all customer service situations. It drives me insane when people get rewarded for bad behavior.

the-squeaky-wheel-gets-the-grease-img-1.png.808b546b6e2a3bc7915629b4377ccff7.png

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

It is with great sadness that I post to you, all of her online friends that Lynda, Valleycliffe, passed away on October 16,2019 at 2:53 PM. She suffered from Acute Liver Failure as well as Kidney Failure. She was with her daughters and her husband when she passed.

I thank you all who were her friends here.

:Posted by her daughter, Teri:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 25

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

It is with great sadness that I post to you, all of her online friends that Lynda, Valleycliffe, passed away on October 16,2019 at 2:53 PM. She suffered from Acute Liver Failure as well as Kidney Failure. She was with her daughters and her husband when she passed.

I thank you all who were her friends here.

:Posted by her daughter, Teri:

Oh Teri, I am truly sorry. She will be greatly missed on this board and by me particularly. She and I used to send each other funny political stories. My deepest condolences to your family.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I am so sorry.  I always enjoyed her posts and wanted to tease her about her lack of capital letters but didn't know how she would take it.  😞 🙂

She will be missed here by all.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

Sincere condolences to you, Teri, and your family.  Lynda was a delight and we were all enriched by having her as part of our community.  She is sorely missed but will never be forgotten.  Hugs from me and Mr. Gloriole.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

It is with great sadness that I post to you, all of her online friends that Lynda, Valleycliffe, passed away on October 16,2019 at 2:53 PM. She suffered from Acute Liver Failure as well as Kidney Failure. She was with her daughters and her husband when she passed.

I thank you all who were her friends here.

:Posted by her daughter, Teri:

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh Teri, I am truly sorry. She will be greatly missed on this board and by me particularly. She and I used to send each other funny political stories. My deepest condolences to your family.

Oh, no.....no.

God Bless her.  I was afraid of something like this, considering her last post and then hearing nothing else...... She was such a stalwart with us, and I believe she was on SOC as well, bringing us not only her comments but breakdowns of the Canadian episodes along with her funny posts and stories about her family.  She sure did love them.  

I'm so sorry to hear this, I will miss her.  My love and condolences to her family.

  • Like 10
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

It is with great sadness that I post to you, all of her online friends that Lynda, Valleycliffe, passed away on October 16,2019 at 2:53 PM. She suffered from Acute Liver Failure as well as Kidney Failure. She was with her daughters and her husband when she passed.

I thank you all who were her friends here.

:Posted by her daughter, Teri:

Eternal Christ, hear our prayer, By the Cross You have destroyed death and restored all who believe in you to life by Your Resurrection; give rest to the soul of Your servant Lynda. In Your Kingdom, there is no pain, sorrow or suffering. In Your goodness and love, pardon all the sins she has committed in thought, word or deed, for none live without sin, You are the Resurrection, the Life, and Repose of Your servant Lynda, departed from us. O Christ, to You do we send up glory to God the Father and All-holy Spirit, now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen.

  • Like 12
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

My sincerest condolences, Teri. Thank you for letting us know what happened; we had been very worried about her. She will be deeply missed. 

  • Like 12
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

Teri, I am so sorry about your mom. Thank you for letting letting us know. She will be truly missed. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort.

  • Like 11
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/15/2019 at 4:01 PM, peacheslatour said:

My all time crank it and go fast song is Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar.

Every time I hear that song I replace the real lyrics with Steinbrenner's 😄

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

My most sincere sympathies to the valleycliff family. May she rest peacefully and may her memory be a blessing. 
I have posted with her for years on soap boards. Her passionate defence of Sharon always made me so happy. 
I will miss you L! 
J 😢

  • Like 10
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

And just when I'm posting silly stuff I saw the news about valleycliffe. 😞

Amen @Cupid Stunt

No harm, no foul, Bytor.

Valley would be laughing through her tears at your post, right along with the rest of us. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

It is with great sadness that I post to you, all of her online friends that Lynda, Valleycliffe, passed away on October 16,2019 at 2:53 PM. She suffered from Acute Liver Failure as well as Kidney Failure. She was with her daughters and her husband when she passed.

I thank you all who were her friends here.

:Posted by her daughter, Teri:

Dear Teri, we loved @valleycliffe.   She was such a big part of our little community.  My heart breaks for you and your family. Thank you for coming to let us know.

memories GIF

  • Like 10
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

It is with great sadness that I post to you, all of her online friends that Lynda, Valleycliffe, passed away on October 16,2019 at 2:53 PM. She suffered from Acute Liver Failure as well as Kidney Failure. She was with her daughters and her husband when she passed.

I thank you all who were her friends here.

:Posted by her daughter, Teri:

Teri your mom, even though we are but internet “strangers” ... she was so very special and kind and funny that many many people considered her friends or found their lives and days deeply enriched by her. She made us laugh daily, taught us things, and was always here with a kind word and needed encouragement. That though we are strangers many miles apart truly loved her with deep sincerity because she was that remarkable. The cliche one in a million wouldn’t do her justice. 

Thank you for your generosity and bravery in this time to tell us. And just know we truly care and are sending so many prayers. I am so so very sorry. ❤️ 

  • Like 16
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

She is one with the universe now. May her love, humor and positive presence bless us all.

Elijah Cummings used to talk about "dancing with the angels".  I'm sure he and valleycliffe are doing just that now.  🌈

  • Like 12
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

09_sail.jpg?itok=8wDWsqOX&timestamp=1571

_77664683_angkorwat624.jpg

3GFOOSHQGAI6TO362IBG5YGBTE.jpg

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

@valleycliffe Dear Teri,

Thank you so very much for sharing this sad news about your mom. As you can see, she was beloved here in this quirky little community. 

I first met you mom when we were in an older TV chat forum years ago and as the threads devolved there, I opened a private forum so a merry little band of us could continue chatting uninterrupted. Your mom was instrumental in getting that little place up and running with her vibrant, funny sense of humor and insightful comments,and that little place ran for years with the help and participation of your mom. We got to know each other there on a more personal note and she was such a lovely person, caring to a fault, and loyal to those she cared about.

Please know that we join you not only in mourning your mom, but more importantly, in celebrating her life and the laughter she brought to so many other people with her humorous comments and her loyalty to her friendships.

May her laughter and smile live on in the hearts of you and your family.  ♥️ 

With appreciation for knowing her,

gingerella

  • Like 18
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Still one of the best car commercials! 

I have a cat that hangs from the headliner and make similar moves if not sedated and caged.

My favorite car commercial ...

 Which is surprisingly reminiscent of a shared Uber trip.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Eternal Christ, hear our prayer, By the Cross You have destroyed death and restored all who believe in you to life by Your Resurrection; give rest to the soul of Your servant Lynda. In Your Kingdom, there is no pain, sorrow or suffering. In Your goodness and love, pardon all the sins she has committed in thought, word or deed, for none live without sin, You are the Resurrection, the Life, and Repose of Your servant Lynda, departed from us. O Christ, to You do we send up glory to God the Father and All-holy Spirit, now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Amen

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size