Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Quote from Reefer Madness. Sarcasm.

It's something some public officials seem to have taken to heart as being true. I'm not sure what will come first where I am down south but I'm guessing it would be the world ending before marijuana ever gets legalized. On Live P.D. "smelling marijuana" is the first method the police on that show use to be able to gain full access to cars so they can search them.

• Love 5
Just now, valleycliffe said:

lol  ok

i was taken aback cause it just makes my arthritis hurt a lot less but the downside is i snack....

I smoke it every day for my anxiety and panic attacks. And yes I  also have to watch the snacking. Also I have learned that it's cruel and unusual to detain a fleeting insight. 

• Love 7

I started smoking pot 40 years ago to relieve nausea from a lazy gall bladder, which I finally had to have removed about 10 years ago. I did not stop smoking the pot. We have medical marijuana legal in Florida now and I was able to get my card because I have cancer. But my Dr. and I are going to have to figure out the dosage because I used up my whole prescription in about 3 weeks and it was supposed to last 210 days.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Jaded said:

It's something some public officials seem to have taken to heart as being true. I'm not sure what will come first where I am down south but I'm guessing it would be the world ending before marijuana ever gets legalized. On Live P.D. "smelling marijuana" is the first method the police on that show use to be able to gain full access to cars so they can search them.

It used to be that way here too. Especially for POC. If you were an affluent, white kid they pretty much looked the other way.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Hilarious you mention that, I was just telling Valley about it. Yes, my son gave me a recording of it. About died laughing!

I saw the Rifftrax Live Reefer Madness (not live live, the Rifftrax Live video), and the short before it about things to do with straw almost killed me :)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I saw the Rifftrax Live Reefer Madness (not live live, the Rifftrax Live video), and the short before it about things to do with straw almost killed me :)

The guys who make that show are the greatest. I remember when MST3K was on siffy, my kid and I used to get up early on Sat. mornings to watch it. My favs were The Screaming Skull and  Space Mutiny.

The Nine Million Names of Dave Ryder:

Crow: Slab Bulkhead!

Servo: Fridge Largemeat!

Mike: Punt Speedchunk!

Crow: Butch Deadlift!

Crow: Bold Bigflank!

Mike: Splint Chesthair!

Mike: Flint Ironstag!

Crow: Bolt Vanderhuge!

Mike: Thick McRunfast!

Mike: Blast Hardcheese!

Crow: Buff Drinklots!

Servo: Trunk Slamchest!

Crow: Fist Rockbone!

Mike: Stump Beefknob!

Servo: Smash Lampjaw!

Crow: Punch Rockgroin!

Mike: Buck Plankchest!

Crow: Stump Chunkmen!

Servo: Dirk Hardpec!

Mike: Rip Steakface!

Crow: Slate Slabrock!

Servo: Crud Bonemeal!

Mike: Brick HardMeat!

Crow: Rip Slagcheek!

Servo: Punch Sideiron!

Mike: Gristle McThornbody!

Crow: Slate Fistcrunch!

Mike: Buff Hardback!

Servo: Bob Johnson! Oh, wait...

Servo: Blast Thickneck!

Crow: Crunch Buttsteak!

Mike: Slab Squatthrust!

Servo: Lump Beefbroth!

Crow: Touch Rustrod!

Mike: Reef Blastbody!

Mike: Big McLargeHuge!

Mike: Smoke ManMuscle!

Servo: Eat Punchbeef!

Mike: Hack Blowfist!

Mike: Roll Fizzlebeef!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Servo: Bob Johnson! Oh, wait...

Since I'm a dork, that one has always been my favorite!  

Space Mutiny is one that I watch over & over again.  Others are Werewolf, The Final Sacrifice, Pod People, Hobgoblins, and Gunslinger.  And I can't get enough of those Union Pacific shorts!

And you haven't lived until you've seen this...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

There's billions of dollars invested by state and federal governments in the War on Drugs. And no one who's feasting from that trough want the spigot to be turned off.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Since I'm a dork, that one has always been my favorite!  

Space Mutiny is one that I watch over & over again.  Others are Werewolf, The Final Sacrifice, Pod People, Hobgoblins, and Gunslinger.  And I can't get enough of those Union Pacific shorts!

And you haven't lived until you've seen this...

"Brother has a boy cleaning service on the side"

• Love 5
7 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

lol  ok

i was taken aback cause it just makes my arthritis hurt a lot less but the downside is i snack....

My brother has borderline personality disorder and he smokes a lot of weed. He's not supposed to because too much of it, and if he stops taking his meds, leads to hallucinations and psychosis. I'm really not a fan of the whole legalization thing. Then again, I've also never smoked pot...

• Love 6
8 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm really not a fan of the whole legalization thing.

I'm sorry about your brother, Jewel, unfortunately, there are always going to be people unable to handle any kind of drugs. But here's a thought, if it were legal, and he could be prescribed and monitored just like with legal medications, perhaps it could help. It's always overuse of drugs that causes problems.

Sorry, I got distracted. I actually came here to complain to somebody because I had noticed that Black Sails, season 1, episode 1, was on, so I programmed it to tape as a series just to check it out. So Mr. AngelKitty and I watched it last night and we enjoyed it. I was so happy to find something to watch together since he doesn't like my zombie and vampire shows and then at the end, a screen came up and said I had to pay to watch the next episode. They tricked me! There must have been a Starz promotion that I didn't realize was going on. However, Netflix does have them on disc so I put them in my queue.

Edited by AngelKitty
distraction from waking and baking
  • Love 4

OMG...best laugh I've had in a long time.  DH and I were talking about this movie last nite!

Love the multi-color smoke.  We've been smoking almost 50yrs (first time when we went to see Woodstock at the theatre in 1969 when it first came out) and never acted like that...;-).  Uh...that I remember.

We must be doing something wrong......

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

My work is having a costume contest. If any of you have any funny or uniques ideas. 

One of my online buddies is going as Little Edie Bouvier Beale. I also once went as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. How is George liking doggie day care?

• Love 8

PearliteLite and I have always been Big Edie and Little Edie from Grey Gardens. Not sure what that says about us...

The key moment is when Little Edie hears one of the cats scratching around behind a curtain in Big Edie’s room and says, “At least someone’s having a good time.”

Hmmm

• Love 7

Hey, fellow perverts, I'm on the road, visiting family in Indiana so my posts will be sporadic.

How I miss the glory that is Der ButtBiscuit and gang but I know I've got the pleasure of your most excellent pervert wit and wisdom to keep me connected.

Persevere!

• Love 14

Happy trails, boes!

5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I was thinking since my department is alcohol I can be a party animal and dress/makeup as dog or something and add a hat noise maker and wine glass. 

I like this! The makeup is easy.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

just saw on the news the mega ball (?) lottery in usa is up to $970 million....y'all got your tickets...

out lotto max tonite is a measly $60 million but i have my ticket.

I'm like you. I bought Mega Millions tickets but also a Lotto, Powerball, and Lucky Day Lotto. I play scratch offs as well (which I've only got into since Feb 2018). 

Ive known people who've won smaller pay outs like 60 grand. If people budget for the Lotto I don't see it as bad habit, more of a fun guilty pleasure. 

• Love 4

Nobody won last night, so the Mega Millions jackpot is now $1.6 billion.  Ay carumba!  The drawing is Tuesday night.  Tonight's Powerball is worth $300+ million.  They've added more numbers and raised the price of the tickets, so it's even harder to win and the jackpots get crazy big even faster.  

Glad to hear the new job is working out nicely, Petunia!  You sound much happier (through my screen, anyway) and not so stressed.  I hope George is liking his daycare.

Bon voyage, boes!

Hope everybody is over their cold/flu/strep.  I'm enjoying the cooler weather, but I know it's not everybody's cup of tea.  Mmm...tea...  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Nobody won last night, so the Mega Millions jackpot is now $1.6 billion.  Ay carumba!  The drawing is Tuesday night.  Tonight's Powerball is worth $300+ million.  They've added more numbers and raised the price of the tickets, so it's even harder to win and the jackpots get crazy big even faster.  

Glad to hear the new job is working out nicely, Petunia!  You sound much happier (through my screen, anyway) and not so stressed.  I hope George is liking his daycare.

Bon voyage, boes!

Hope everybody is over their cold/flu/strep.  I'm enjoying the cooler weather, but I know it's not everybody's cup of tea.  Mmm...tea...  

I'm with you Snap! I love the cooler weather and the bits of rain we're getting. After all the heat and smoke last summer. We were surrounded by wild fires. South of us, east of us and north. Can't wait for Halloween. Scary movies, jack o lanterns, all the houses decorated. The only problem is, we're already about halfway through the two bags of candy DH bought for trick or treaters. Oh well, we can always buy bigger jeans.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Sweats......my go-to.

We are so far in the boonies we don't get any trick or treaters.  I give out candy at the shop.

So the Reese's PB cups are all mine--mine!!! 

*cue maniacal laughter....Reefer Madness style*

Lol, that's what we have, too. We live around a lot of gated communities so we don't get any trick or treaters any more. We used to when there were younger families living in our neighborhood. As we got more gentrified our neighbors seem to be older or childless yuppie types. I miss the days when my son was little and he had lots of friends he would go out with in Halloween.

Hmmm, I think after we eat all the Reese's we're going to get Butterfingers.

• Love 8

@boes have a fun, safe, memorable trip visiting with family! We will miss you ❤️ ??

There are some vegan chocolates by a company called Hu that are really good also a place by me that does yummy, fresh vegan deserts (some in house each AM and some delivered in by Chicago Diner). This is the time of year for pie! I think even carrot cake or German Chocolate cake is a bit autumnal. 

Where I live we don't get much trick or treaters either I think because kids have such high allowances maybe they just buy what they want (shrugs). Last year I was at my friend's and it was dead then the bell rang incessantly and the kids were doing a scavenger hunt as there trick or treat since, presumably they could buy all the candy they if they wanted and many have allergies or are paleo. They asked for a 2007 penny or red paper clip. 

• Love 9

Yeah I never found out what the prize was, but they were very invested. All of the items they were trick or treating for were obscure but not impossible and cheap like the 2007 penny, red paper clip, one marble, etc 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds

This upset me. The Pando aspens in the Fishlake National Forest in Utah are so beautiful. 

And if you happen to look up to the sky Sunday night ... 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Bleah. Daredevil hangover. I watched 13 episodes in two days. I should pick up my book again ?

That's gonna' leave a mark.

Does it Fart? A Definitive Field Guide to Animal Flatulence,

Dinosaurs roamed and ruled the Earth for hundreds of millions of years. But did they stink up the place? … “Those animals probably did fart,” Rabaiotti says, “and we’re pretty certain that they don’t fart anymore.”

Photos of the week -- October 19, 2018

Photographer Jon Nazca for Reuters

?m=02&d=20181019&t=2&i=1316555000&w=780&

• Love 4

Dinosaurs roamed and ruled the Earth for hundreds of millions of years. But did they stink up the place? … “Those animals probably did fart,” Rabaiotti says, “and we’re pretty certain that they don’t fart anymore.”

Another proud graduate of the Sherlock Holmes Institute of Fecal Free Technologies.

• Love 7