Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

Right now he is flying a Boeing 787..that can change though as needed..his home Airport is Pearson International....you may be hearing some of his approaches...LOL

Ooh, the Dreamliner! That is so cool! I sure know what they look like from underneath :D

I also see the Emirates 380 quite frequently - that's an impressive beast!

• Love 5

Ooh, the Dreamliner! That is so cool! I sure know what they look like from underneath :D

I also see the Emirates 380 quite frequently - that's an impressive beast!

It is a beauty isn't it? I got a chuckle out of the underneath part..he has flown the Emirates at times also, right now though it is the 787...he is in his early 50's now and has been flying for 28 years...

• Love 4

Lots of snow, ice, rock salt, and POTHOLES! But there is also sunshine and a blue sky today.

Same here.  Ugh.  I guess human nature is we always want what we don't have.  I would be happy to never see snow again.  It's cold, icy, and there is dirty slushy snow all over the vehicles.  However I am thankful that this winter is not nearly as bad as last.  Never wishing time away, but anxiously awaiting spring!  Looking forward a to a Grammy party on Sunday with some bubbly and good food :)

• Love 6

What does everyone see today?? I see mounds and mounds of snow, beautiful to look at but very treacherous underfoot and for driving..as some of you already know, one of my sons is a commercial airline pilot, he flies with Air Canada, a few times a year he takes his father and I flying in a private plane to look down and admire the landscape, we did that last week, flying low, looking down at the snow covered trees, fields, and the icy rivers and streams, and even rooftops is pure delight..the sun is shining so brightly on the snow right now, it hurts my eyes to look out my window, almost need sunglasses just to look out..what do others see today as you peer out your windows...

Even though I hate flying and snow, lol, that sounds magical Canadian!

• Love 4

Out the window, I spy with my little eye... the pool, with beach towels draped over the pool fence... the decks... the large one on the right with the large gazebo (one of those 3x4m ones with the fabric top, mosquito netting, and curtains) chairs, tables, assorted outdoor furniture... the small deck on the left has a 3x3m gazebo, under which sits black wicker sofa, 2 chairs, and a coffee table. Behind all this is pittosporums around the perimeter, and a large golden elm in the neighbours yard at the back, which often distracts me while I'm sitting here for its sheer beauty. I'd take a picture except my husband went nuts and sprayed a garden bed with the awful Roundup (ugh!) so I have this dead, brown ribbon running alongside the pool, amongst all the lovely green.

It was around 30°C today in Traralgon (about 85°F), and the dogs and I had a nice time in the pool. I also pulled weeds.  :-(

• Love 5

Suby, a Grammy party, that sounds so interesting, certainly something to look forward to..Stewed that hunting dog sounds like a hoot, Sugar knows what she is doing, that would have been fun to watch, she sounds like a furry I would want to have around..I have a Yorkie, he does amuse us a lot...Axella what you are spying sounds like Heaven to me right now...LOL sounds like your hubby was on a mission like stewed's dog...I loved reading everyone's responses, nice to know what we all see as we talk to each other almost every day..Movinon, your view sounds lovely..Snaporaz, I hear you about the Potholes, we have some around here that are so large the whole vehicle almost disappears.....peacheslatour I would love to visit Seattle some day and I would love some rain right now, but spring is on the way and we will get plenty of it then..Patsy, I feed the birds too, I love watching the tiny chickadees fly against the strongest blizzard winds to get to the feeder, for something so small, they have such strength...,  capricasix keep looking up at those underbellies, one of them will probable be my boy LOL....radishcake, I will try to box some snow for you, it is fun talking about things other then Y&R sometimes..

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 8

Suby, a Grammy party, that sounds so interesting, certainly something to look forward to..Stewed that hunting dog sounds like a hoot, Sugar knows what she is doing, that would have been fun to watch, she sounds like a furry I would want to have around..I have a Yorkie, he does amuse us a lot...Axella what you are spying sounds like Heaven to me right now...LOL sounds like your hubby was on a mission like stewed's dog...I loved reading everyone's responses, nice to know what we all see as we talk to each other almost every day..Movinon, your view sounds lovely..Snaporaz, I hear you about the Potholes, we have some around here that are so large the whole vehicle almost disappears.....peacheslatour I would love to visit Seattle some day and I would love some rain right now, but spring is on the way and we will get plenty of it then..Patsy, I feed the birds too, I love watching the tiny chickadees fly against the strongest blizzard winds to get to the feeder, for something so small, they have such strength...,  capricasix keep looking up at those underbellies, one of them will probable be my boy LOL....radishcake, I will try to box some snow for you, it is fun talking about things other then Y&R sometimes..

Great post Red and one of the many reasons I love this site!  I love reading about the different views we all have- so much variety!  By the way it's still raining.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 6

Great post Red and one of the many reasons I love this site!  I love rereading about the different views we all have- so much variety!  By the way it's still raining.

so it's still raining, at least the snow has stopped coming down here, almost two days of sunshine now..I absolutely love summer rainy days...and I think we both love this site for the same reasons..so many kindred spirits on here..

• Love 5

Lots of snow, ice, rock salt, and POTHOLES! But there is also sunshine and a blue sky today.

Yup, but today, no sunshine. Just more damn snow and minus whatever C. I don't like snow, never did.

Had enough winter, enough potholes on the way to and from the university, enough filthy car, enough super-crusty snowbanks on my street , enough absence of colour--unless you like 50 shades of grey, brown, and off-white. Never liked winter, still don't.

As I look out the window of my home office, I see the boughs of a huge evergreen monster, taller than my house, which is three storeys. Said evergreen's boughs are plastered with snow, as is the roof over my front porch which is directly under the window here. Soundwise, I hear the slop under the wheels of cars as they drive along the nearby commercial street.

Mmmmmmm. Romantic.

• Love 7

.and I think we both love this site for the same reasons..so many kindred spirits on here..

Boy you got that right.  I was just over on another site and a lot of them were crying over poor little Dummer who has had such a hard life, give me a friggin break! 

I hope you do make it to Seattle some day- so green!  And the mountains and lakes are just beautiful, it does rain a lot, but that just makes the skies more blue and the foliage brighter when the sun does shine!

• Love 7

I've been in the kitchen baking all morning ( got a sudden urge out of the blue ) and all I could hear was one of our ATVs and the tractor. Hubby and SIL decided we need a super duper tobaggan hill and they've been moving snow all morning. they have created a huge mound at the top of the hill and smooth out the bottom. Now we just to toss some kids down it! 

A Grammy party does sound like fun but I don't know who any of the artists are anymore so I may not even watch. I have so much stuff on my DVR to catch up on. I'd better clear it off with Vikings starting up again on Feb.19th and Game of Thrones on April 12th. 

• Love 5

Out the window, I spy with my little eye... the pool, with beach towels draped over the pool fence... the decks... the large one on the right with the large gazebo (one of those 3x4m ones with the fabric top, mosquito netting, and curtains) chairs, tables, assorted outdoor furniture...

It was around 30°C today in Traralgon (about 85°F), and the dogs and I had a nice time in the pool. I also pulled weeds.  :-(

Axella, that makes me wish my ancestors had gone to another part of the Empire...Australia.

• Love 4

Yup, but today, no sunshine. Just more damn snow and minus whatever C. I don't like snow, never did.

Had enough winter, enough potholes on the way to and from the university, enough filthy car, enough super-crusty snowbanks on my street , enough absence of colour--unless you like 50 shades of grey, brown, and off-white. Never liked winter, still don't.

As I look out the window of my home office, I see the boughs of a huge evergreen monster, taller than my house, which is three storeys. Said evergreen's boughs are plastered with snow, as is the roof over my front porch which is directly under the window here. Soundwise, I hear the slop under the wheels of cars as they drive along the nearby commercial street.

Mmmmmmm. Romantic.

LOL, you are definitely sounding a bit fed up and who can blame you for that..it does get really tiresome..

Boy you got that right.  I was just over on another site and a lot of them were crying over poor little Dummer who has had such a hard life, give me a friggin break! 

I hope you do make it to Seattle some day- so green!  And the mountains and lakes are just beautiful, it does rain a lot, but that just makes the skies more blue and the foliage brighter when the sun does shine!

I feel like crying over Dummer too just because of her stupidity...Seattle sounds like a place I definitely should see, maybe I'll put that on my bucket list which seems to be getting longer and longer...if I manage to do everything I have listed I will have to start life all over again..not sure I would want to do that..:0)

I've been in the kitchen baking all morning ( got a sudden urge out of the blue ) and all I could hear was one of our ATVs and the tractor. Hubby and SIL decided we need a super duper tobaggan hill and they've been moving snow all morning. they have created a huge mound at the top of the hill and smooth out the bottom. Now we just to toss some kids down it! 

A Grammy party does sound like fun but I don't know who any of the artists are anymore so I may not even watch. I have so much stuff on my DVR to catch up on. I'd better clear it off with Vikings starting up again on Feb.19th and Game of Thrones on April 12th. 

geeze that toboggan hill sounds awesome patsy, nothing I loved doing more when my bones were young then getting on a toboggan and just flying down that hill..

Axella, that makes me wish my ancestors had gone to another part of the Empire...Australia.

one of my granddaughters is currently backpacking across Australia, she is the second one to do that, they have marvelous tales to tell...

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 5

Well, so as not to sound like The Compleat Olde Bitch, I had the sudden urge to make split-pea soup--a February classic, if ever there was one. I really do envy people who like the snow--I was a child curmudgeon, I'm afraid--I didn't even like it then. [spent part of my childhood in south Florida--scarred me for life, in a positive way].

Canadian, I liked hearing about your son flying those immense planes. My daughter and I were driving down Dixie Rd north of the 401 a few years ago, and we kept checking out this odd-looking plane evidently slowing down to land. We couldn't figure out what was odd about it. Aha! It was the sheer scale of the thing--it was one of those Emirates huge planes.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 6

I can often see the Emirates 380 flying west, just north of the 401, and then it banks to the south and comes back east (usually right over my house!) to land on Pearson's longest runway. I am amazed at how such a massive plane manages to stay aloft!

Canadian, you could tell your son that back at the end of November, I saw the Antonov AN-225 Mriya outbound over my neighbourhood. Now that was a sight to see.

Quite a bit of air traffic inbound today, but the ceiling is quite low so I can't see anything! Can certainly hear them, though.

• Love 5

Wow, that would be a sight to see, I just sent him a text about that, he text back a Happy Face and said that one has 6 turbofan engines, ...of course my son has only flown the Emirate with a pilot friend of his just because he wanted to try it, he always flies either the 777-300ER or the 787-9...mostly the 787..

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 4

We had snow several feet high but now its starting to melt and we can actually walk on our sidewalks. I live between GC and Chicago. So it's always funny how all fall and winter the GC women dress skimpy and guys run around with no coats. Yea right!

stewedsquash yorkies are inside hunting dogs. They were created for that, to kill rats and mice, though they do outside hunt and have (due to their appearance) become a status symbol and companion pet. What breeds are your dogs? Do you have hounds? I'm with my Yorkie and 2 bassets right now.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

We had snow several feet high but now its starting to melt and we can actually walk on our sidewalks. I live between GC and Chicago. So it's always funny how all fall and winter the GC women dress skimpy and guys run around with no coats. Yea right!

stewedsquash yorkies are inside hunting dogs. They were created for that, to kill rats and mice, though they do outside hunt and have (due to their appearance) become a status symbol and companion pet. What breeds are your dogs? Do you have hounds? I'm with my Yorkie and 2 bassets right now.

About the faux-GC ladies' winter wear--I'm always agog about their choices, too. Much as TO is not so wintery as Wisconsin or Minnesota--not that we're the Manila of the North, or anything, most of us wouldn't consider sleeveless, backless items in this weather. It's pretty much black parkas and Sorels--standard winter uniform.

Really interesting about Yorkies--I never knew that! Dachshunds and rat terriers I knew were hunting dogs, but I've learned something here. Mind you, I often do. Hounds are among my favourites, though. In my *trendy* neighbourhood, Viszlas are currently the big thing--they took over from Weimaraners--me, I just like hounds. Although, because I'm not home enough, I host four cats... Go figure.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 3
one of my granddaughters is currently backpacking across Australia, she is the second one to do that, they have marvelous tales to tell...

It's a very unique place. I visited it several times before I settled here back in 1989, (I worked Passenger Service for Pan Am out of LaGuardia, and flew free). The only thing I don't much care for are the soggy winters. No snow, thank goodness, though I can drive an hour or so up to some in the winter if I really wanted to see it.

I'm sure your granddaughter will love the friendliness of the people and the amazing landscape, including the beautiful beaches.

Still warm today, but very windy. Amazingly, these semi-permanent gazebos hold up very well! Dogs are around me, nagging me to take them into the pool.

• Love 1

our Yorkie does his hunting from the inside, he runs from window to window, crying and barking if a cat, fox, squirrel or any other creature walks on our premises, but when he is outside he pays no attention to any of those, but comes back in goes to the window and barks at them again..the squirrels and the foxes taunt him and sit right outside the windows, move off a bit when he goes outside, always on a leash, but he doesn't even look at them..it is really amusing to watch..of course we never see a squirrel and a fox at the same time LOL..there is a family of foxes living underneath our neighbors room where they have their sauna and on a sunny day they come out to play on the lawn, there is trees and a walking trail between us but our little Yorkie can spend hours looking out at those foxes through the trees while they play on that lawn, he won't bark at them when they are still on our neighbors lawn, but the minute they come on ours he goes ballistic..he is a marvelous little companion and my hubby's best buddy..

• Love 1

It's a very unique place. I visited it several times before I settled here back in 1989, (I worked Passenger Service for Pan Am out of LaGuardia, and flew free). The only thing I don't much care for are the soggy winters. No snow, thank goodness, though I can drive an hour or so up to some in the winter if I really wanted to see it.

I'm sure your granddaughter will love the friendliness of the people and the amazing landscape, including the beautiful beaches.

Still warm today, but very windy. Amazingly, these semi-permanent gazebos hold up very well! Dogs are around me, nagging me to take them into the pool.

Both granddaughters have commented on the friendliness of the Australian people...they love it there, one was there about 6 years ago and the other is there now...they pick oranges, clean beaches, waitress, and whatever to make money and keep themselves afloat, they stay in hostels and meet so many others along the way, she will soon be coming home in April and then to University, six months there is what both of them planned on doing...a great experience for sure..

• Love 1

A friend of my oldest son has been living in Australia for many years. She was working on a cruise ship which put into port there and she fell in love with it. Now she is a teacher there and enjoys her time off surfing. I would love to visit but the length of the flight sounds excruciating. I'd have to take a few days to do it over. The longest flight I've done was a 12 hour from Greece. Thought I was going to die! Then the official tried to confiscate my bottle of Metaxa. Didn't happen but there was a bit of an argument over it. Haha!

Your granddaughters sound so adventurous Canadian! What great experiences and stories they must have! My niece is like that. She is a scientist who does research on specific microbials which has taken her as far as the Antarctic. She lived there for 6 weeks in a tent. At least it was summer during her stay so it was only -30 C. Gotta do these things when you're young!

I admit I am giggling over the Yorkie tales. I have a 230lb watch dog who takes his job very seriously. He is quite attached to me and anyone who shows up has to get my approval first before they can approach. And yes, he is in the house as well and thinks he is a lap dog.

• Love 2

I admit I am giggling over the Yorkie tales. I have a 230lb watch dog who takes his job very seriously. He is quite attached to me and anyone who shows up has to get my approval first before they can approach. And yes, he is in the house as well and thinks he is a lap dog.

230lb! What breed is he? Newfoundland?

• Love 3

A friend of my oldest son has been living in Australia for many years. She was working on a cruise ship which put into port there and she fell in love with it. Now she is a teacher there and enjoys her time off surfing. I would love to visit but the length of the flight sounds excruciating. I'd have to take a few days to do it over. The longest flight I've done was a 12 hour from Greece. Thought I was going to die! Then the official tried to confiscate my bottle of Metaxa. Didn't happen but there was a bit of an argument over it. Haha!

Your granddaughters sound so adventurous Canadian! What great experiences and stories they must have! My niece is like that. She is a scientist who does research on specific microbials which has taken her as far as the Antarctic. She lived there for 6 weeks in a tent. At least it was summer during her stay so it was only -30 C. Gotta do these things when you're young!

Wow Patsy....your niece is impressive....sounds like your dog may be a St Bernard, is he/she?

• Love 1

Today as I look out my window, I see sunshine and blue skies.  One of my camelias is in bloom and I have tulips, daffodils and hyacinths coming up.  Temps in the 50's.  After all that rain, the air is fresh and sweet.  (((Hugs))) to all you Preverts that are dealing with snow, slush and sub-freezing temps.  I hope you get a respite soon.  Damn that stupid, fat rodent in Penn.!

• Love 4

^^^ Okay I am dying of envy here! I can smell those flowers through my screen. Lol, I was following a woman down a grocery store aisle because she had cut lilies in her cart! Completely intoxicating! I must have looked like a stalker.

No Canadian and perlite, he is an Old English Mastiff. Very drooly and humongous. He LOVES me and is glued to my side which can be rather inconvenient at times.

My niece thinks that the Antarctic trip will be PeeWee's Last Adventure. She wants to have a baby but she figures she may need to be home with her hubby for awhile! Haha! She just turned 36 and I think her clock started ticking.

We are having a bit of freezing rain today. Yucky but good for the toboggan run. It will be a luge track before they are done.

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 3

Today as I look out my window, I see sunshine and blue skies.  One of my camelias is in bloom and I have tulips, daffodils and hyacinths coming up.  Temps in the 50's.  After all that rain, the air is fresh and sweet.  (((Hugs))) to all you Preverts that are dealing with snow, slush and sub-freezing temps.  I hope you get a respite soon.  Damn that stupid, fat rodent in Penn.!

Whoa, I whine with envy. Spring is my favourite of all seasons, and as of December 26th every year, I get rid of Xmas stuff and have only spring flowers and bulbs in the house. Currently, it's forsythia branches and pussy willows.

We have a stupid fat rodent, too. He's called Wiarton Willie, and I think he bit the announcer's ear this year--what does that foretell?

Frankly, given the icy snow today, and the fact that half an hour in a supermarket and my car's iced up again, I'll just fantasize about what you see from your window...

No Canadian and perlite, he is an Old English Mastiff. Very drooly and humongous. He LOVES me and is glued to my side which can be rather inconvenient at times.

Aha! I met one of those about a month ago, walking around here. He was dark grey and very good-natured. Is he low-metabolism and slow like Grand Pyrenees and Irish Wolfhounds are?

• Love 3

When I look out my window I see cows and donkeys in the field.

stewed, you live on a farm? So do I! Right now I have my neighbor's beef cattle in the field behind my house. And if I drive over to my parents' farm, we have cows, pigs, chickens, and a few horses and mules. It's primarily a dairy farm, though. What kind of cows do you have?

Other than the livestock, I see mud, mud, and more mud. We had a nice snow last weekend for sledding, but the past couple of days have turned it into a memory. It's sloppy everywhere! I can't complain too much, though, as we've seen over 60 degrees, which is unheard of here in February (just north of St. Louis).

• Love 5

Aha! I met one of those about a month ago, walking around here. He was dark grey and very good-natured. Is he low-metabolism and slow like Grand Pyrenees and Irish Wolfhounds are?

Slow doesn't even begin to describe him! He rarely runs, just trots and is toast after about a kilometre. He is extremely good natured unless he perceives a threat. I would love to have a Wolfhound. I adore all dogs but the large ones have my

heart. That's all I've owned.

• Love 4

No, it wasn't him Capricasix, but the pilot is a good friend of his....thanks for thinking of him...so glad that worked out as well as it did...

I have men up on my roof today, knocking off some of the snow that has accumulated up there, it is about 3 feet deep, a real strain on the supporting beams etc..the main part of the roof is rather steep, but there is a sunporch that goes all across the front and that roof is rather flat, the snow from the upper roof falls onto the flat roof, along with the amount that lands and blows up there, it can get very deep and dangerous..

• Love 3

Oh my gosh stewed that is all so interesting...it seems as though there could never be a dull moment around your house..with your son's dog, I believe I counted six house dogs, that is amazing...LOL, Sugar sounds as though she would be a great character on Y&R....looks like she was in a triangle love thingy..we could call them Suooby or Setey....loved your post..

• Love 4

stewed, the animals come to you because they know you have a good heart and will save them.  Such an interesting mix you have! I admit I did crack up at the boys fighting over Sugar! Sorry! I know that was a vet bill for you.

It is bright, sunny and completely freezing here today in SW Ontario. It's going to get even colder as the day goes on and will feel like -30C later. 

Speaking of Ontario, anyone else planning on seeing the Magna Carta exhibit in the fall at Fort York? Advance tickets for timed entries will go on sale sometime in June. 

• Love 3

stewed, the animals come to you because they know you have a good heart and will save them.  Such an interesting mix you have! I admit I did crack up at the boys fighting over Sugar! Sorry! I know that was a vet bill for you.

It is bright, sunny and completely freezing here today in SW Ontario. It's going to get even colder as the day goes on and will feel like -30C later. 

Speaking of Ontario, anyone else planning on seeing the Magna Carta exhibit in the fall at Fort York? Advance tickets for timed entries will go on sale sometime in June. 

I've been admiring Stewed's care of her menagerie, too!

Re weather: yes, it's sunny at least... Thanks for the reminder about the Magna Carta thing--I'd forgotten, and I haven't been to Fort York in ages--only when I park near it to go to the Ex.

• Love 2

Anyone got any Valentine's Day plans? My baby boy went and bought one of those Pandora rings yesterday for his sweetie of 6 months.

My hubby is taking Sat. off (he manages one of the largest model railroad stores in the country, so he usually works Saturdays) to spend the day with me.  He said we could do anything I want, so I said lets clean up the yard and plant some trees and shrubs. So that's what we are doing.  Pretty romantic, right?  He also bought a bottle of champagne (he doesn't drink) for me and I made chocolate truffles for him.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 5

Stewed, you and your hubby sound like wonderful people.

I really admire anyone who takes on rescue dogs, instead of buying cute little puppies. Believe me, I know that rescues can be challenging, especially if they've lived through neglect and abuse. You are obviously very kind and patient, and your furry companions are very lucky indeed.

We're having a beach holiday at Phillip Island for a few days, having rented a restored Victorian cottage at the beach. It's lovely and a wonderful way to spend Valentines Day. Our daughter, S-I-L, and 3 of our grandchildren are meant to come down Saturday. However, after breakfast today, Friday, the thunder started... So I'm on the iPad, and my husband is asleep on the sofa... Tomorrow's weather may or may not be good... But at least it's a break from the routine. I miss my dogs so much! They're at a kennel near home, and they get big walkies around the paddocks there by the staff so they enjoy their stays there. They probably haven't given us a thought at all. ;-)

• Love 4

I'm not sure where in the world you post something like this but I had a semi-sex dream about Billy Miller last night and it's kinda lingered with me all day. whew.

I can understand that - any dream about Billy Miller would probably have to be a little sexy.

• Love 4

Have a wonderful week end Axella, your cottage sound wonderful and no doubt your fur babies are enjoying themselves to no end....LOL Jenniferb, you'll probable be trying to conjure up another of those dreams tonight, so funny..

• Love 1

My hubby is taking Sat. off (he manages one of the largest model railroad stores in the country, so he usually works Saturdays) to spend the day with me.  He said we could do anything I want, so I said lets clean up the yard and plant some trees and shrubs. So that's what we are doing.  Pretty romantic, right?  He also bought a bottle of champagne (he doesn't drink) for me and I made chocolate truffles for him.

Now that is love!! 

• Love 4

And is anyone going to see that over blown movie, 50 Shades?

From what I've heard and also the trailer- NO.  Just no. 

Thanks for the kind words about our V-Day plans P&E and stewedsquash!  You know you're an old married couple when you'd rather spiff up the yard than go to a romantic dinner.

• Love 5

That's cool about the model train store! My nine-year-old son absolutely loves the Thomas the Tank Engine universe - he has a giant layout all over our basement, and another one is slowly encroaching on the floor space in my living room :) (I know model trains are a bit different from the Wooden Railway, but still...) My guy is always watching Thomas videos on Youtube, especially the ones where the hosts review new items, destinations, and layouts. There are some really clever folks on YT who make great videos. Does your husband's store have a toy train section? Or a website? :D

• Love 3

That's cool about the model train store! My nine-year-old son absolutely loves the Thomas the Tank Engine universe - he has a giant layout all over our basement, and another one is slowly encroaching on the floor space in my living room :) (I know model trains are a bit different from the Wooden Railway, but still...) My guy is always watching Thomas videos on Youtube, especially the ones where the hosts review new items, destinations, and layouts. There are some really clever folks on YT who make great videos. Does your husband's store have a toy train section? Or a website? :D

I'm glad to hear about young kids getting into model trains of any kind, most of hubby's customers are old guys. :)  His store does have a Thomas section and a website.  Eastside Trains.  My right clicky is on the fritz so I can't link. :(

Yeah, you have to watch out-  If I let him he'd have tracks all over the house.  He took over our son's old room when he got his own place and they are slowly leaking out into other rooms.

• Love 3

OMG you guys, my husband just came to get me, he was all excited so I was a little freaked.  We go into the laundry room and he goes look out the window.  BUNNY!!  It looked just like one of radishcake's adorable babies!  *SQUEEE*

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 4

peacheslatour, you and your hubby could never live at my house.

Eat rabbits, do ya?  Hey, I would never judge, but we live in town and don't get to see critters very often.  Squirrels sure, raccoons, maybe in the summer, but I have lived in this house for over 30 years and have never seen a bunny.  It doesn't take much to get me excited.

• Love 4

No no no we don't eat rabbits!! I meant you and your husband would be too excited to do anything but run around looking at the rabbits around here! We live in the country but we don't eat critters!  We actually came across a rabbit thief one time late at night when we had to go to our turkey farm. 

eta I am barfing now thinking about eating rabbits.

OMG!  I'm so sorry!!  I've been accused of being a "tree hugging liberal" enough times that I get paranoid when I talk about thinking little animals are cute.  (I work with a bunch of engineers).  Please to forgive!!  And you are right, we go nuts over critter sightings of any kind.  O.k.; Story time:  A couple years ago I was hangin out at home and I heard this weird bird chirping.  I kept going outside, but I couldn't see any birds.  Finally, I started looking on the ground behind the lilac bush and there was a baby squirrel.  It's eyes hadn't opened yet and it was just lying there.  I thought it was dying, so I called my husband at work (he works about two blocks away) and told him there was a dying baby squirrel and he needed to come home.  He said get a bucket of water and he would "take care" of it when he got home.  Well he got home and he picked it up and it curled up in his hand and went to sleep.  Over the next 24 hours we we had FIVE baby squirrels fall out of that tree.  We spent $25.00 bucks a piece at the local rescue shelter to get them taken care of.  We are such softies.  Lol.  "Get a Bucket of water"  Yeah, right...

• Love 6