Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

(edited)

Gracious Father, be with AngelKitty in this time of uncertainty. Extend Your healing grace and grant aid to Your servant and lead her to recovery from cancer. You are the Physician of our souls and bodies, and to You we ask for Your infinite mercy: to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Both now and forever, and to the ages of ages. Lord of the Powers, have mercy and hear our prayers. Amen..

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 11

We had jpagan's recommended NYT chicken last night, with red potato salad and a marinated tomato salad. We cooked it on the grill (in a parchment-lined foil pan) which gave it a nice smoky flavor. -- Delicious!

My parents are still in town; Dad had his appointments cancelled due to a brown out at the VA, and had to be rescheduled for this week. Dad supervised the window replacement, and talked to our insurance agent. Mom went a little haywire and picked up four cases of canning jars at the flea market with two bushels of peaches and cherries. She and Dad have been possessing fruit all week. My freezer is full of sliced fruit for pies, and the pantry is packed with canned fruit and jam. There's a stack of full cases in front hall full of canned fruit to take back to Lone Pine this Thursday. She's picking up more fruit to take back for more canning. 

Love your thrift market find, jpagan!

image.png.fdd341153830c16e3864ef206e193c1c.png

• Love 10
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

angelkitty, be well. It may very well be nothing.

Quoting because we need to put this out into the universe as much as we can.  Sending only good, positive, healing thoughts your way, @AngelKitty.💓

• Love 11

vans-us-open-of-surfing-courtesy-of.jpg?

• Van's U.S. Surfing Open at Huntington Beach 2019 SURF RESULTS -- This is the first year the women's purse will equal the men.

190721135911-glow-in-the-dark-shark-exla

Gregg Allman, singer/songwriter

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, AngelKitty said:

Thanks, everyone for the well wishes. I probably shouldn't have said anything until I know, but it's been on my mind for a while and I just told Mr. A on Tuesday so he told me to "call the doctor right now." And I did. Saw her on Thursday and told her my suspected symptoms and she set up an "ASAP" PET scan which is scheduled for Tuesday. Then I go on Wednesday for the results.

The truth is I don't want to tell my other family members until I know the results. I don't want to cause worry until necessary. But I'm starting to obsess by looking up survival statistics and possible future treatments since I've already had chemo twice so I feel I need someplace to vent and I knew I could count on you preverts. 😁

*Hugs you hard.*

• Love 10
(edited)

GettyImages_1037885296.0.jpg

Roger Ebert on the media’s coverage of mass shootings -- Let me tell you a story. The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program. The reporter had been assigned a theory and was seeking sound bites to support it. “Wouldn’t you say,” she asked, “that killings like this are influenced by violent movies?” No, I said, I wouldn’t say that. “But what about ‘Basketball Diaries’?” she asked. “Doesn’t that have a scene of a boy walking into a school with a machine gun?” The obscure 1995 Leonardo Di Caprio movie did indeed have a brief fantasy scene of that nature, I said, but the movie failed at the box office (it grossed only $2.5 million), and it’s unlikely the Columbine killers saw it.

The reporter looked disappointed, so I offered her my theory. “Events like this,” I said, “if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it. The story is assigned a logo and a theme song; these two kids were packaged as the Trench Coat Mafia. The message is clear to other disturbed kids around the country: If I shoot up my school, I can be famous. The TV will talk about nothing else but me. Experts will try to figure out what I was thinking. The kids and teachers at school will see they shouldn’t have messed with me. I’ll go out in a blaze of glory.”

In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, the NBC Nightly News and all the other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of “explaining” them. I commended the policy at the Sun-Times, where our editor said the paper would no longer feature school killings on Page 1. The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy.

190320100740-02-peppa-pig-sexism-gbr-scl

• Oklahoma … It's not That Bad -- Want $10K? Move your home office to Tulsa, Oklahoma -- With countless people working out of their homes, does it really matter WHERE they live? According to Tulsa, Oklahoma, no! The city of 400,000 that has plenty of hip coffee shops, bustling bars, and a thriving arts district also wants more telecommuters, and is willing to pay you $10,000 to relocate there. Conor Knighton talks with people who have picked up and moved to the Sooner State after signing up for the Tulsa Remote program.

Stevie Nicks, singer/songwriter

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I love cheesecake but I can never justify buy three packages of cream cheese for some reason.

Sure you can!

Three packages of cream cheese is essential for the High Holy Days … Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday,

; )

46 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

Hi all, I'm back from my CT scan and will know more tomorrow.

Praying for a good outcome, AngelKitty.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Sure you can!

Three packages of cream cheese is essential for the High Holy Days … Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday,

; )

Praying for a good outcome, AngelKitty.

Angelkitty, massive good Prevert vibes swirling around you. I am lighting all my green candles.

• Love 13

I was leaving work today and this big mass of leaves came crashing down onto the driveway and I heard this scream. It was a squirrel nest and the mama squirrel screamed because two of her babies landed on the driveway. I only saw one at first and it was still moving but it was really young, its eyes hadn't opened yet and its tail was hairless. I went to tell my manager thinking I could bring it to the animal hospital but she said it was nature and she was sure it was dead. By that point it was very still but once in awhile I would see it move slightly. She said she thought it was rigor mortis and nudged it with a branch. She told me to leave it and see what the mother would do. As I was backing up, I saw the second baby which wasn't moving. I'm so sad, ya'll. Would rigor mortis set in after a minute or two? I still think it might have been alive. Gah. 

So, I decided to order out tonight since my appointment isn't till 3:30 and I won't get home till late and won't want to cook dinner. I was just looking at the menu and saying I want this and this and this, (you know how it is when you wake and bake), and I realized I really didn't need to get the loaded fries and then I thought "Why not?" This will be a celebratory meal, either way, because I believe in what Mrs. Chancelor used to say which has been my favorite thing to think through my whole ordeal. "I'm going to live until I die!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

190618085753-greenland-melting-ice-sheet

GettyImages_643558016.0.jpg

Wednesday In the United States of Guns:

One Nation Under the Gun -- There are nearly three hundred million privately owned firearms in the United States: a hundred and six million handguns, a hundred and five million rifles, and eighty-three million shotguns. That works out to about one gun for every American. The gun that T. J. Lane brought to Chardon High School belonged to his uncle, who had bought it in 2010, at a gun shop. Both of Lane’s parents had been arrested on charges of domestic violence over the years. Lane found the gun in his grandfather’s barn.

The United States is the country with the highest rate of civilian gun ownership in the world. (The second highest is Yemen, where the rate is nevertheless only half that of the U.S.) No civilian population is more powerfully armed. Most Americans do not, however, own guns, because three-quarters of people with guns own two or more. According to the General Social Survey, conducted by the National Policy Opinion Center at the University of Chicago, the prevalence of gun ownership has declined steadily in the past few decades. In 1973, there were guns in roughly one in two households in the United States; in 2010, one in three. In 1980, nearly one in three Americans owned a gun; in 2010, that figure had dropped to one in five.

190730093656-whitney-cummings-exlarge-16

Son House, singer/songwriter

• Love 8
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I was leaving work today and this big mass of leaves came crashing down onto the driveway and I heard this scream. It was a squirrel nest and the mama squirrel screamed because two of her babies landed on the driveway. I only saw one at first and it was still moving but it was really young, its eyes hadn't opened yet and its tail was hairless. I went to tell my manager thinking I could bring it to the animal hospital but she said it was nature and she was sure it was dead. By that point it was very still but once in awhile I would see it move slightly. She said she thought it was rigor mortis and nudged it with a branch. She told me to leave it and see what the mother would do. As I was backing up, I saw the second baby which wasn't moving. I'm so sad, ya'll. Would rigor mortis set in after a minute or two? I still think it might have been alive. Gah. 

Leave the nest alone and perhaps the mother will fetch her babies and take them to a new location; she won't come near it if you disturb the broken nest or hover over the site. Sometimes you have to let animals handle mishaps, and squirrels are very adaptable at dealing with the unexpected -- See every failed squirrel-proof bird-feeder. 

1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Eat and enjoy to your heart's content, AngelKitty! Order a piece of cake while you're at it, and wash it down with some wine!

1 hour ago, AngelKitty said:

Ooh, yeah. They have Reeses Peanut Butter Cheesecake. I might have to get that.

Tuesday was a High Holy Day. Come to think of it, so is Wednesday.

; )

Live it up, AngelKitty!

• Love 9

so, it's being reported today that some grade 12 students in bc may have received the wrong final grades for provincial exams on their transcripts..they called it an anomaly.

the secondary schools in bc have been notified and hopefully students will find out soon about their grades.  they said that students who should have received an 80% mark or thereabouts may have only got the grade for receiving 40%.

we are wondering if logan was affected as one of his grades was below normal for him.

• Love 1

Good news everybody! The scan came back negative and I am so happy! I am doing my happy dance! And gonna eat lots in celebration. Sorry to have worried you guys but I was really scared. And now I'm not!🤩

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

Good news everybody! The scan came back negative and I am so happy! I am doing my happy dance! And gonna eat lots in celebration. Sorry to have worried you guys but I was really scared. And now I'm not!🤩

I am thrilled for you! Whew, what a scary few days you had. Yippee!

las vegas party GIF by Red Bull

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

Bless you and enjoy! Prayed for you most of the day.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, AngelKitty said:

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

That's the absolute BEST news, Angelkitty!  I'm so happy for you.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

SALUTE ANGELKITTY!!!!!

particle-test-4.gif

Almighty God, to Your goodness and perseverance we give thanks for Your many blessings to Your servant AngelKitty. Your mercies and blessings are numberless. We humbly ask You to continue Your goodness toward us and hear our prayers. and prepare us by Your blessings in this life and the Life to come. For to You are due all glory, Eternal Father, both now and forever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

And now the wedding.

Oh, yeah, the wedding. I want to get a ring of my own choosing this time. When I was married before we used my mom's ring from my dad. Mr. A gave me a gold band with dolphins with tiny diamond eyes when we first started living together and I've worn it ever since (except when it was literally falling off my skinny fingers). Ooh, and I'll need a dress. I guess this means a trip to the mall!

I just want you all to know that I love you guys. I felt so much calmer after telling you my fears. Thank you for being here. ❤️

• Love 12

Well @AngelKitty we LOVE YOU!

When you guys share things I learn and am inspired by you. There is so much grace. It truly is a community and friendship, as silly as that sounds. 

I have a feeling your ring will be gorgeous, classy, unconventional not cookie cutter one that that will reflect your love story and remarkable personality, like a sparkly emerald or ruby that will catch the eye and has an edge but is also very classic timeless vibe. Something about you screams “gem”.

• Love 11

Gaming the System in varying degrees of success for, y'know, reasons:

• U.S. Men’s National Team Blasts U.S. Soccer for Claiming It Pays Women More -- On Monday, U.S. Soccer Federation President Carlos Cordeiro released a letter asserting that American soccer’s governing body has—counter to widespread public belief and to the claims in an ongoing lawsuit—paid the U.S. Women’s National Team more than the men’s team in recent years. On Tuesday, the U.S. Men’s National Team joined the back-to-back winners of the Women’s World Cup in disputing that statement, saying they were “not impressed” and that the federation was misrepresenting facts to justify unfair pay.
  • Jeffrey Epstein Hoped to Seed Human Race With His DNA  -- Mr. Epstein’s vision reflected his longstanding fascination with what has become known as transhumanism: the science of improving the human population through technologies like genetic engineering and artificial intelligence. Critics have likened transhumanism to a modern-day version of eugenics, the discredited field of improving the human race through controlled breeding.

190624223006-tana-mongeau-jake-paul-exla

Where's a Fashion Supernova when you need one?

GettyImages_491548136.0.jpg

Jerry Cantrell, singer/songwriter

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

I've got four vintage wedding dresses in the shop right now.....your choice, freebies!

Aww, that is so sweet. I actually just ordered a couple of dresses I thought might be pretty for a wedding. We're just planning to go to the courthouse. They have a package deal for $141.00 you get the license, wedding, and a picture.

• Love 11

main_900.jpg?1564686435

• Fake court orders used to spin Google results … Googling yourself may be easy, but changing what Google says about you is nearly impossible. It's so difficult, that many small businesses pay tens and even hundreds of thousands of dollars to get rid of negative comments. The companies that do this are known as reputation management companies. 

india-tiger-population.jpeg?w=800&qualit

171023113545-no01-full-169.jpg

*** Violent Content***

Donald Glover, singer/songwriter

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5