Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, bannana said:

@jewel21, I too have been sick again.  Every time I get over the cold and have a reprieve, I go back to my work out routine, feel better, and then boom I have another cold.  This last one left me with laryngitis, which is still not gone.  Sigh.

Me, too! I started working out again, finally got back up to 4 days last week and boom, sick, exercise on hold. Again. 

People at work can't even believe I'm sick again. They're like it's not possible. Um, but it is. But it is. 

It appears my immune system is as effective as my metabolism. Which is to say not at all. 

And I'm in a super crabby mood because my manager asked me to start an hour and a half later tomorrow because she's too cheap to pay me that extra $22. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Me, too! I started working out again, finally got back up to 4 days last week and boom, sick, exercise on hold. Again. 

People at work can't even believe I'm sick again. They're like it's not possible. Um, but it is. But it is. 

It appears my immune system is as effective as my metabolism. Which is to say not at all. 

And I'm in a super crabby mood because my manager asked me to start an hour and a half later tomorrow because she's too cheap to pay me that extra $22. 

I went through something similar when I got mono a few years ago. And then I got whooping cough on top of that. Thank god I had another person in the office that I shared tasks with. She owed me from when she took six weeks off when her mom died. People were like "You're still sick??" Made me feel like crap. You have my utmost sympathies, jewel. Please take good care of yourself and don't push it.

• Love 11

Folks, I've taught media studies and stuff like that. So I know about clickstream data and context-targeting--I'm rarely surprised by ads that show up on this site or others, relative to which of my latest searches or site-visits.

That said, this morning's little treat on this site kind of stopped me cold:

5406212728680974651.png.75dc74b23aca5bb8410bad02338967c6.png

I haven't even been shopping for new plumbing fixtures, much less anything else poop-related...

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Folks, I've taught media studies and stuff like that. So I know about clickstream data and context-targeting--I'm rarely surprised by ads that show up on this site or others, relative to which of my latest searches or site-visits.

That said, this morning's little treat on this site kind of stopped me cold:

5406212728680974651.png.75dc74b23aca5bb8410bad02338967c6.png

I haven't even been shopping for new plumbing fixtures, much less anything else poop-related...

I shudder at the thought of how many Christmas trees this is going to end up under this coming holiday season.  

Snuggies are OUT, Squatty Potties are IN!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
(edited)

Squatty Potties have been around for a few years.....I recall when they first came out, they were running commercials on The Howard Stern Show.

A couple of years ago, they were a great gag for Secret Santa holiday gifting.......with the exuberant reports back after the holidays that thing actually works!  Not so much of a gag gift after all!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
13 hours ago, boes said:

Jewel21, how are you feeling?  Any better?

Well, after sleeping until 2 PM today, I'm feeling better. Less congested but still coughing a tad. Thankfully it appears to be a cold and not a flu this time. With Monday being a holiday hopefully that means I can get some rest and go back to work on Tuesday feeling better. I'm definitely on the mend though, which is nice. Thanks for asking, Boes!

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Well, after sleeping until 2 PM today, I'm feeling better. Less congested but still coughing a tad. Thankfully it appears to be a cold and not a flu this time. With Monday being a holiday hopefully that means I can get some rest and go back to work on Tuesday feeling better. I'm definitely on the mend though, which is nice. Thanks for asking, Boes!

That's good to hear, jewel21!  Keep on, keeping on and feel better.

• Love 7

Thank you. I think so❤️ Yes, half Abyssinian and half Makeral and Orange Tabby. A lot of the feral and rescue kitties here have Abyssinian and Siamese in them. Puka showed up as a kitten in my driveway 11.5 years ago and Kemosabe came from the Humane Society 12 years ago. You should see his belly...

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

LOLOL  i live on vancouver island.....that's why i said it was 5 in to

Besides, it's a long weekend--that means 3:00PM here is official start time. And noon, i think, your time.

17 hours ago, jpagan05 said:

Happy Caturday from Puka and Kemosabe!

puka2.jpeg.52cb035aabaf085dc1ef5f8a07cbbad1.jpeg

sabes.jpeg.554415676645933d7c0ee7df792b9d99.jpeg

They are gorgeous!

• Love 8

06beard3.jpg

Full Beard Freestyle -- Third Place Winning by a whisker

Lil' Nas gets a time-travel movie to go with "Old Town Road"

b84626099f7f11eaf53a12f5c5f376ad.jpg

The 3 most important things I’ve learned as a health care reporter

A tried and true remedy for inequality: Unions

F-16 fighter jet that crashed in warehouse was carrying live ammunition -- Exactly the thing the city of San Bernardino needs on a weekday. An Air Force fact sheet on the F-16 states the armament could include a cannon with 500 rounds and missiles. Weeee!

• Love 5

41111774534_0159b04eeb.jpg

192EC410-02FA-4BA2-8B24-3078BD3435F0.jpg

Hamburg: Graffiti by Anna T.Iron "Santa Muerte" -- Back wall of Roosen Bar

• Love 7

I was watching Show today and something triggered a memory of the divine Beverlee McKinsey who played Iris Cory Carrington on Another World and Texas and Alexandra Spaulding on Guiding Light. It is so great to be able to access these vintage shows on YouTube. I loved Iris, her voice, her vitriol, her jealousy of Rachel, her all consuming love for her Daddy. Iris could slice and dice with the best of them. I had forgotten how much I loved that character. She was never boring.

• Love 6

shutterstock-619305998.jpg

Strange waves rippled around Earth. -- An “exceptional phenomenon” near the tiny islands of Mayotte may help explain a low-frequency rumble that swept around the world last year.

creative-mischief-63.jpg

Cannes-Red-Carpet-Rundown-Fashion-5-20-2

• Love 6

2864030035_959a935877_b.jpg

Greetings from the Portal of Mt. Whitney … Memorial Day holiday is upon us; Are you ready?

giphy.gif

ec66a331b518d504d3fb8e61da690c26--playgr

***Language Warning***

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Has anybody heard from snap yet? I emailed him a little while ago but I haven't heard back yet.

I did the same, but no response.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, boes said:

I did the same, but no response.

Me three. He hasn’t been on since April 11th it appears. I hope he’s well and when he checks in has some fun story or jokes. Love ❤️ 💕  him! 

You all and @Cupid Stunt I have to make a 90s flyer party invite or some 90s type ideas for an company event so I’m open to input for the design or headline and any favors 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yay! I heard from snap! He got locked out of Prev during the change to Primetimer. He can't get in. He's fine though. Hallelujah! Do any of you fine Preverts have any idea how he can get back in?

That's WONDERFUL news!  I'm so happy he's okay. 

I don't have a clue on how to help him get back in.  Maybe Petunia13 might have an idea?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yay! I heard from snap! He got locked out of Prev during the change to Primetimer. He can't get in. He's fine though. Hallelujah! Do any of you fine Preverts have any idea how he can get back in?

when i got locked out of primetimer after the switch i went to the primetimer facebook page and dm'd them....they got back to me and helped reset password so i could get back in.

or maybe by tor has an email address snap could use to ask her?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

You all and @Cupid Stunt I have to make a 90s flyer party invite or some 90s type ideas for an company event so I’m open to input for the design or headline and any favors 

The music will be easy for any DJ to produce.

• Themes

Neon/Blacklight/laser

Screen-Shot-2013-04-30-at-5.33.56-PM.png

stonewash/destroyed/Canadian tuxedo denim treatments

bc2e6d3ff717a787f424058e43f847e7--dope-f

Coogi sweater/VersaceVersaceVersace designs

bfbf811ad4948a8d39deece298759bce.jpg

Hip Hop/tagger designs

087354ec5c4dd2a1597e6e02ce52f645--s-them

Clueless movie fashion

5d44b7ec15408607a502cbcc891f3e0c.jpg

Spice Girl/Fashion Gang

0fcdd45764fae00994748e4ed9bbdc20.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

It’s for my grocery store so a bit morelow key I was just thinking flyer ideas and goofy party favors like I mentioned 🤪

Pogs, tomagatchis, Mario themed stuff and the Friends theme song.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Costuming isn't a bad idea for the staff.

• Other 90's Party stuff:

Anything gamer-related

Backdrops and Decorations --

teen-room-cd-wall-hanging-bedroom-ideas-

il_340x270.1846872685_oo1t.jpg

638561000866b7a0104c5c69f0ce8283.jpg

^GF's 50th Birthday Party

• Favors --

Jelly bracelets

ded6463e15ae0ce29ab4e5270e2dc580--jelly-

Vented glasses

82b4b822e1274842f1ae50c95db31767--vintag

Plastic Gold Chains

51cdFVruU-L._SY355_.jpg

Slap bracelets

5_526a?$PDP_VIEWER_IMAGE$

Tamagotchi

71siXL9aJwL._SX425_.jpg

7eaab70da97533aecc3032b6d7809740.jpg

• Food was weird and disturbing in the 90's -- Caesar salad, Chinese Chicken salad, tiramisu, Pizza Rolls, Sunny Delight, orange cheese-dust covered snacks, blue raspberry-flavored anything, Gummy candies
Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Soup Nazi and other Seinfeld stuff or is that more late 80's?  Plus, I guess "Nazi" wouldn't be the best thing to put in a store flyer....

Movie tie-ins, maybe?  Sixth Sense, Forrest Gump, Jurassic Park, Pulp Fiction, Clueless?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Costuming isn't a bad idea for the staff.

• Other 90's Party stuff:

Anything gamer-related

Backdrops and Decorations --

teen-room-cd-wall-hanging-bedroom-ideas-

il_340x270.1846872685_oo1t.jpg

638561000866b7a0104c5c69f0ce8283.jpg

^GF's 50th Birthday Party

• Favors --

90s-theme-party-outfits-guys-90s-party-d

Plastic Gold Chains

51cdFVruU-L._SY355_.jpg

Slap bracelets

5_526a?$PDP_VIEWER_IMAGE$

Tamagotchi

71siXL9aJwL._SX425_.jpg

7eaab70da97533aecc3032b6d7809740.jpg

• Food was weird and disturbing in the 90's -- Caesar salad, Chinese Chicken salad, tiramisu, Pizza Rolls, Sunny Delight, orange cheese-dust covered snacks, blue raspberry-flavored anything, Gummy candies

I beg your pardon! I had Chinese chicken salad for breakfast this morning. It's delicious. 🐓

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I beg your pardon! I had Chinese chicken salad for breakfast this morning. It's delicious. 🐓

13 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

I beg your pardon, I had those for breakfast. 😁

I was loving Chinese chicken salad back in the 70's in San Francisco, and cheesy dust stuff since the 60's in Iowa.

And I still do!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6