Type keyword(s) to search

The Best of ELR: Your Favorite Moments

7 hours ago, ari333 said:

I love any dancing eppys  , but I haveso many favorite quotes I     don't know where to start                       

I liked when they all danced to Jungle Love in "Snow Day"

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I liked when they all danced to Jungle Love in "Snow Day"

We still do that move where you slap your hands together and wiggle your wrists to the side heheheheh

• Love 4

I really don't like the "Walk to the Door" very much.  Marie being her usual nasty self when she talks about how picky Ray used to be about girls and the way all the Barones, but especially Frank and Marie make the other guests at the wedding uncomfortable with their comments and their loud talk but I LOVE Robert doing the Bunny Hop.  The whole episode is almost worth it just for that!

• Love 2

I was watching the episode where Ray helps Andy with his article, and while I love the whole episode the scenes between Marie and Frank and the english muffin had me laughing out loud.  Especially when Marie turns to Frank and says "Eat that damn muffin.".  It's the way Doris Roberts delivers the line.  Made my day :).

• Love 2

"Marie's Sculpture" is probably my favorite (I always thought it looked like wings, go figure).  My other favorite is when Robert is promoted to lieutenant and Ray's book deal is shot down.  "I was thinking, a lot of books get published that suck.  For yours not to be published must be off the charts suck."

In "A Vote For Debra" when she learns that Ray voted against her and she while arguing with him comments how she told people she didn't know him as he was "stuffing his pants with meat". "I'm your husband.  You're supposed to support me no matter what's in my pants!". Cracks me up every time.

• Love 2

Marie's Glasses was on again the other night. It's my favorite. Every time Robert says it's "Tantastic" and when he says perhaps and Ray thinks he's saying "turd hats" always makes me laugh so hard no matter how many times I've seen it. 

• Love 3

With Christmas coming, I was thinking about the good Raymond Christmas shows.  I think Seasons Greetings was my favorite, followed very closely by Christmas Present.  I also liked The Toaster...I love Debra's parents' house...but I wonder if I'm alone in thinking that an engraved toaster isn't exactly some kind of spectacular gift.

I know this is the "like" thread, but in keeping with a Christmas discussion I do NOT like All I Want For Christmas (Raymond singing "In the Ghetto" works my last nerve), and I can't stand the Christmas Picture one, (everybody except Debra's parents behave like asses IMO).

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I liked all the seasonal episodes and loved that ELR managed to hit most of the holidays at least once.  I noticed they never seemed to "do summer" though but I guess that's because they followed the seasons the show was airing in.  Anyway I don't know if I could pick a favourite Christmas episode but if pressed I guess it would be a toss up between The Toaster and The Jazz Records (not sure if that's the actual title) that last episode is one time I really sympathized with Robbie and loved his lines when he was describing "that happy brotherless boy" LOL.

• Love 1

The Jazz Records one really is great.  Egg ass!  Why in the world, though, would Raymond think it was a good idea to hide in his parents' house and blast them with music as soon as they opened the door?  I imagine he didn't expect it to be so loud, but I'd be afraid I'd shock one or both of them into a heart attack!

• Love 1
On 12/6/2016 at 3:29 PM, ByTor said:

but I wonder if I'm alone in thinking that an engraved toaster isn't exactly some kind of spectacular gift.

Not alone! A toaster is a good gift if you need one or if it does something special (like the ones that can emboss shapes on the bread) but otherwise it's not that great. Having their names engraved on it was nice but the "Merry Christmas" being on it was kinda weird. You use a toaster year round and I think it would be odd to use something that said "Merry Christmas" all year round.

But turd hats others would love a Merry Christmas toaster!

• Love 4

The idea of the engraved toaster and clueless parents returning it unopened came from Phil Rosenthal.  To celebate the success of ELR he sent engraved toasters to some friends and family. His parents returned theirs to the store and exchanged it for something else!

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

The idea of the engraved toaster and clueless parents returning it unopened came from Phil Rosenthal.  To celebate the success of ELR he sent engraved toasters to some friends and family. His parents returned theirs to the store and exchanged it for something else!

I watched a show about the making of ELR with Ray Romano and Phil Rosenthal.  It was fantastic.  So many episodes based on real life experiences.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I watched a show about the making of ELR with Ray Romano and Phil Rosenthal.  It was fantastic.  So many episodes based on real life experiences

ButterQueen, do you remember what it was called? I'd like to look for it - I like both RR and PR.

27 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

ButterQueen, do you remember what it was called? I'd like to look for it - I like both RR and PR.

It was called The Story Behind Everybody Loves Raymond on POP channel.  I recorded it, but lost it when my DVR died.  I'll search around for it.

http://poptv.com/the_story_behind/?post=108029653323 

I went to POP's Facebook page and asked them to rerun it.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 1
On 12/8/2016 at 8:40 AM, CherryAmes said:

Really?  That makes me like the episode even more!

• Love 2
On 11/18/2016 at 9:14 PM, oceanblue said:

There's too much fruit in the house!   Best first episode ever.

Mr. Moving and I always laugh our asses off when we see this episode because we gave his father and stepmother a "fruit of the month" gift for Christmas.  They freaked out because it was too much fruit and it would go to waste.  Every month for the next year, my hubby and I received a package of fruit from his parents.  These packages not only contained the "fruit of the month" fruit, they also added extra fruit they had left over from their local market.  The best care package that year had a dozen ears of fresh picked Ohio corn.  I guess my father-in-law didn't think NH corn was good enough for his "kids" :).   

On 11/21/2016 at 8:05 PM, oceanblue said:

when Robert interviews with the FBI and Marie faxes as letter signed "Robert Barone's Mother"

This episode is my favorite it was the funniest and most touching.  When Marie confessed how afraid she was for Robert every moment he was on the job, I alway tear up.  Being a cop made her son happy so she never said anything to him, however, when he wanted to extend his law enforcement career, the fear overwhelmed her and she just could not take it her response was to tank his interview.  

• Love 1

I guess it's official, I'm the only one who thinks that fruit of the month thing was one of the least funny things they ever did.  I understand this was based on someone's real life, but I just don't think it's funny at all.

• Love 1

ByTor, do you have like, normal parents? lol  -- (omg crazy! I was just typing that when oceanblue replied!)

My siblings and I are in our 50's. Last summer I was home visiting and mom told my brother to stop on his way over and pick up a container of cut-up watermelon. The cut up watermelon didn't look good so my brother got a small, whole watermelon.

Oh. My. God.

Mom went full Marie Barone! If she had waved her arms in the air and declared "I can't talk! There's too much watermelon in the house!" I would not have been surprised. I had five days left of my visit and I heard about that watermelon every damn day (even after I ate it all, because of course mom wouldn't eat any!) It was just a watemelon!!

• Love 6
On 12/12/2016 at 8:53 PM, oceanblue said:

It's okay ByTor you likely had normal parents. 

23 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

ByTor, do you have like, normal parents?

Well...I wouldn't go that far :)

• Love 2
On 12/12/2016 at 9:02 PM, Nordly Beaumont said:

ByTor, do you have like, normal parents? lol  -- (omg crazy! I was just typing that when oceanblue replied!)

My siblings and I are in our 50's. Last summer I was home visiting and mom told my brother to stop on his way over and pick up a container of cut-up watermelon. The cut up watermelon didn't look good so my brother got a small, whole watermelon.

Oh. My. God.

Mom went full Marie Barone! If she had waved her arms in the air and declared "I can't talk! There's too much watermelon in the house!" I would not have been surprised. I had five days left of my visit and I heard about that watermelon every damn day (even after I ate it all, because of course mom wouldn't eat any!) It was just a watemelon!!

Now if this were my father, if the reverse happened and someone brought cut up watermelon instead of a whole one, he would have gone full Marie Barone..."I can't talk!  You spent WAYYYYY too much on that watermelon!!!  Why not buy a whole one? Are you too lazy to cut it up yourself???" :)

• Love 4
On 12/14/2016 at 2:47 PM, ByTor said:

Now if this were my father, if the reverse happened and someone brought cut up watermelon instead of a whole one, he would have gone full Marie Barone..."I can't talk!  You spent WAYYYYY too much on that watermelon!!!  Why not buy a whole one? Are you too lazy to cut it up yourself???" :)

That's exactly what I would say too. It's so lazy to buy fruit already cut, not to mention so much more expensive. 

7 hours ago, Maharincess said:

That's exactly what I would say too. It's so lazy to buy fruit already cut, not to mention so much more expensive. 

Also, who knows how long ago it was cut?  Sometimes I'll go the lazy route (I bought already chopped walnuts last week for my cookies), but I won't do it with fresh produce.

• Love 1

Wasn't there a reference in a later episode when Marie said something to Raymond about not getting them fruit for a gift?  Or am I dreaming that happened?  It sounds like something Marie would do -- bringing it up to remind Raymond how much his thoughtful gift disappointed them.  It might not have been too hard to buy a gift for Frank, but Marie is a different story because you know nothing would really please her and she'd go into that "I know you meant well, but ..." routine.

• Love 2

In the retirement home episodes from the final season as Marie is leaving the house to move to New Jersey she says "there's always too much fruit in the house".  There was also an episode where Ray talks about how Marie and Frank never like any of the gifts they are given and the fruit of the month club comes up and Marie says they still are getting advertisements  and she's not happy about it!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, schnauzergirl said:

Wasn't there a reference in a later episode when Marie said something to Raymond about not getting them fruit for a gift?  Or am I dreaming that happened?

Nope, you are not dreaming!  In the episode where it was Frank's 65th birthday, Ray didn't buy a gift & he lied and said he special ordered something.  Marie freaked out hoping it wasn't the fruit of the month thing again. They ended up getting Frank an aquarium & said the "special order" was a fish.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, oceanblue said:

Now I'm questioning my recent purchases of pre-cut fruit.  

As long as it looks fresh, sometimes I buy small containers of cut up cantaloupe.  I find cantaloupe vile, but my dog loves it, so a whole one would go to waste.  Honestly,  however you buy it I feel like fresh fruit is always a risk.  There have been a few times I bought containers of strawberries (even paid extra for organic!) and upon opening there's a moldy one in the pack.  Or a bag of oranges where there are some yucky dry ones.

• Love 2

I watched The Model this morning, and it is one of my favorites. I love how the family is all supportive of Robert, but the photo shoot is my favorite part. When they turn on the fan and jump around, it is great. And then Ray's defense of the pictures... :)

Among my favorite eps are the ones with Charles Durning playing the father of their church. I love the way he is always so exasperated by Ray, calling him Raymond and sighing and shaking his head. You can tell it takes all his patience and stresses his faith to keep him from kicking Ray out.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, kat165 said:

Among my favorite eps are the ones with Charles Durning playing the father of their church. I love the way he is always so exasperated by Ray, calling him Raymond and sighing and shaking his head. You can tell it takes all his patience and stresses his faith to keep him from kicking Ray out.

In The Prodigal Son, when Frank says "Father Hubley, good news! My son Raymond is returning to the church!" you can see the priest is like "And I'm supposed to care why?" but obviously can't say it. ;)

I always wished they'd done a little cameo in that episode where Ray calls and leaves the message for Fr Hubley and says he has a quick question and then asks him to tell them the meaning of life.  I'd love to have seen his face as he played back that voice mail!

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 4

Turd hats will always and forever be my favorite moment from the show. No matter how many times I see it, I always laugh until I cry when Robert says  "Tantastic" and "terhats ".    I can not stand Marie in any way shape or form so it's weird that a Marie episode is one of my favorites but it is. 

• Love 1