Type keyword(s) to search

Wish Upon a Star: Who Would You Like To See On DWTS?

• Start Topic

So the Patriots won their 5th Super Bowl. How does that affect DWTS? My guess is if an NFLer is in the upcoming cast...they won't be from the Champs because I'm pretty sure Bill Belichick would cut whoever might do it just because he can. If I'm to be proven wrong, it might be by James White (the RB who was the game's surprise star along with Tom Brady) or maybe Martellus Bennett (a gregarious TE who has already gone on record that he won't be visiting Trump at the WH).

Other NFL guys to look out for.....maybe Travis Kelce of the KC Chiefs (and his own reality dating show "Catching Kelce"), Odell Beckham Jr., the gigantic Vince Wilfork who is most likely retiring after this season (think Warren Sapp...but even bigger), and a couple others I'm blanking on in the post-SB (insane comeback win really) haze...

The personalities are hit or miss for sure. But with very rare exceptions you usually get a male celeb who ends up being at least a competent/decent dancer (sometimes better than that).

But then again, I'd go for an entire cast made up of athletes....and I'd be fine if that left the annoying Real Housewives of wherever and their reality show ilk on the sidelines for one season.

It'll be interesting with the EP Rob Wade stepping away (although supposedly with the cast already half cast for this coming season)...if it ends up looking different, or if we basically get the same general breakdown of athletes, nostalgia actors/actresses/musicians, reality tv famewhores and a couple of "Who?" like is standard for the DWTS course...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

I just hope that gross Bachelor guy or any of his women don't make the cut. I keep hearing rumors about Usher and Simone Biles. They would be good. I also heard something about Peyton Manning. Now that would be interesting! He is retired, so it's possible.

• Love 1

Usher is probably to A-list to do the show, really. And if we never get another gymnast I wouldn't be sad.

I'm still hoping for a Property Brother. I don't even care which one. (But maybe not the one no one knows.)

If they get a baseball player, I wouldn't mind seeing one of the three guys that are going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.  Tim Raines probably doesn't have the name recognition of Pudge Rodriguez and Jeff Bagwell.

I hope the show doesn't get anyone too polarizing from the last election.  I doubt Hillary or Bill would ever do the show.  I think most of the Republicans that ran for President have settled into jobs again.  Anyone of note that helped Trump get elected is working for him.  I could maybe see an outside shot at someone like Huma Abedin if she even wanted to do the show.

With the Winter Olympics coming up in a year, no one training for that is going to do DWTS.  We'd be looking at a Summer Olympics retread if we see an Olympian.  Probably Biles or maybe Phelps if they could land him.

As an outside shot, I could see Chris Berman of ESPN taking the requisite old guy slot.  He's just reduced his workload with ESPN, he's friendly with Erin Andrews, and he's in the Disney/ABC family.

For actors/actresses, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone from Boy Meets World/Girl Meets World since the series got cancelled.  I also expect someone from Stranger Things to be on the show since those kids seem to be everywhere lately.

19 minutes ago, saylubee said:

For actors/actresses, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone from Boy Meets World/Girl Meets World since the series got cancelled.  I also expect someone from Stranger Things to be on the show since those kids seem to be everywhere lately.

Topanga! Topanga! Topanga!

Can we pretty please get Gael García Bernal from Mozart in the Jungle? Please?

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, McManda said:

I'm still hoping for a Property Brother. I don't even care which one. (But maybe not the one no one knows.)

Oooo.  That would be awesome!  I, too, would be happy with either of them; they're both very athletic.

On 2/11/2017 at 0:30 AM, pally said:

How about David Ross recently retired Chicago Cubs player.  He was very popular during the World Series and I don't think DWTS has ever had a baseball player

YES! I would vote my fingers off for him. : ) Plus you know we'd see Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant in the audience. : )

Edited by Sister Havana
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:22 PM, PBGamer89 said:

Danielle Fischel is the perfect type of DWTS contestant, early 90's nostalgia, and i'm surprised she hasn't done it yet. I think she'd be a good dancer.

I've been wanting Danielle to do it for awhile myself, even before Girl Meets World came along.  But I seem to remember someone on here mentioning that they'd heard she didn't want to do it, though?  I think Ben Savage would be fun, too. 

While on the late 90's/00's nostalgia train, I still wish for someone from Dawson's Creek.  But it seems like most of the main cast have decent careers going on to some degree or another, so probably no incentive to want to do DWTS. 

I've been watching a lot of Food Network shows lately, so I'd like to see someone from one of their shows. Paula Deen is the only celebri-chef they've had on, right?  I could see someone like Guy Fieri doing it, though he wears on my nerves quite quickly.  Bobby Flay might be interesting to watch.  But then again, all of these folks are pretty busy with running multiple restaurants and other projects in addition to their FN shows.  I guess Paula was free because she got booted and needed employment. 

18 minutes ago, Katydid said:

While on the late 90's/00's nostalgia train, I still wish for someone from Dawson's Creek.  But it seems like most of the main cast have decent careers going on to some degree or another, so probably no incentive to want to do DWTS. 

Barely anyone will get the joke but I dream of a season with James Van Der Beek and Dean Cain. And even without the joke, those are the types of contestants who, thanks to nostalgia, do relatively well on DWTS. Mid-season finish unless they're truly awful or truly wonderful.

• Love 8

One of the twitter "sleuths" associated with DWTSGossip noticed that a talent agent for both David Ross and Anthony Rizzo of the World Champion Chicago Cubs (not so) randomly started following the show's twitter account today. Maybe there will be some baseball representation in this cast...

Another athlete's name to watch is track star, Usain Bolt...I guess he's seemed very open to doing DWTS in some recent press he's done..

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

I agree @Mittengirl

The Yankees and Jeter should be never allowed.

And @PhD-Purgatory15

If anything it will be David Ross since he's retired and even though he is a Special Assistant to whomever for the Cubs, it probably would be him to do it since AZ just started Spring Training.

@majormama

I just checked the Cubs schedule and the only Mondays they have off are April 3rd and May 15th.

Edited by jennifer6973
  • Love 1

I certainly think they'll be a baseball player, the casters on DWTS are well aware that they've not had a baseball player yet, they said so in an interview. I think they'd try and get David Ross, but I'm sure he has a job with the Cubs coaching staff, surely he wouldn't be able to do both at once, especially considering the amount of gamedays they have where you'd assume he'd be needed. It's not like he'd be eliminated early either so he could quickly get back to work, Cubs fans would vote their nuts off for him whether he could dance or not so he'd definitely last a while. Maybe another retired baseball player?

David Ross is a special assistant to the baseball operations staff, not the coaching staff, so he wouldn't necessarily be needed at every game. He's also already in the ABC family - he's going to be a baseball analyst for ESPN this season. Plus he has a book coming out in May. Those would all be points in his favor.

As for Rizzo and Bryant possibly being in the audience - the Cubs will still be in Arizona for spring training the first two weeks of the new season - it's a short flight from Phoenix to LA. 

I know it's absolutely never going to happen, but I would like to see them go down a different road for once and bring in an Ultimate Ringer - a Ringer To The Max. Like, say, if they were to entice him with TV exposure for some current project, bring in 69-year-old Mikhail Baryshnikov.  And even with him being 69, that would be so totally unfair - but can you imagine the weekly magic?

Ah well, dream on. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, surreysmum said:

I know it's absolutely never going to happen, but I would like to see them go down a different road for once and bring in an Ultimate Ringer - a Ringer To The Max. Like, say, if they were to entice him with TV exposure for some current project, bring in 69-year-old Mikhail Baryshnikov.  And even with him being 69, that would be so totally unfair - but can you imagine the weekly magic?

Ah well, dream on. 

This would be amazing. But I bet somehow Derek would manage to get paired with him, and that would ruin it ;)

• Love 2

I think Jordin Sparks would be great! She's one of those types where she's not a huge music star right now, but a big enough get as a former Idol winner and Grammy nominated singer. She's tall though I think like 5'11 in heels so she'd be someone good to give Artem to take him off old lady duty.

We had Kellie and she ended up winning, but I think an Idol winner would be a big draw.

Edited by PBGamer89
  • Love 1

Boo to all you Yankee haters :P

I would love for Derek to do it, but I don't ever see him doing it.  Johnny Damon, Jorge Posada, Nick Swisher...maybe.  They seem to have the personalities for it.  I don't know why DWTS has never gotten a baseball player before.  I know the season conflicts, but at least a retired baseball player.

• Love 1

I really liked the show Blossom from the 90s - how about Jenna von Oy? Both she and Mayim Bialik danced on the show and were quite decent, though Bialik is probably too busy with Big Bang Theory these days (and I don't see her doing a cheesy reality show anyway). 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I would love to see Robin Roberts. She looked gorgeous at the Oscars last night. Priyanka Chopra would be cool, too.

I like Robin Roberts well enough but GMA proved with Ginger that they are unable to separate cheering for their fellow personalities and general reporting on DWTS as a fellow-ABC program.   GMA is DWTS' #1 venue for promotion and Ginger was pretty much getting a daily promo.   I hope we never get another GMA person on DWTS ever!

Priyanka would be cool but she's too big of a star right now.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Uke said:

I like Robin Roberts well enough but GMA proved with Ginger that they are unable to separate cheering for their fellow personalities and general reporting on DWTS as a fellow-ABC program.   GMA is DWTS' #1 venue for promotion and Ginger was pretty much getting a daily promo.   I hope we never get another GMA person on DWTS ever!

Yeah, I second that. Ginger seemed a nice enough lady and in the second part of the season Val had got her to a point where most of her dances were nice to watch, so that wasn't the problem, but the overpraising and constant pimping was just out of this world. I'd guess that anyone else from GMA would get that same annoying treatment.

On 2/28/2017 at 1:18 AM, Uke said:

Priyanka would be cool but she's too big of a star right now.

True, but Robin is far more likable than Ginger and she's a big enough star that she doesn't need the cross-promotion. I think she would do well.

After Nick Carter was on, and seeing how well he did, I really think the show should try and get Brian Littrell to be on.  I just saw Backstreet Boys at their Vegas residency a few weeks ago, and I think the time is ripe for their resurgence.  I have to admit that I thought they had broken up, because they kind of disappeared a year or so after their CD with their signature hit "I Want It That Way" came out.   Went back and looked up some of their subsequent stuff, and I'm surprised that neither the very catchy "Straight Through My Heart" from their "This is Us" CD or the cool "In a World Like This" from their 2013 CD ever caught on (Littrell is phenomenal on this song).  Considering how much manufactured garbage is on the radio today, I'm surprised these songs never got airplay, because I had never heard them.  I always respected the BSB because it was obvious that every one of them could sing.

I always considered Brian Littrell to be the lead singer, even though I believe the "official" position is that there was no lead singer.  He had by far and away the best voice.  In recent years he was diagnosed with vocal cord dystonia and dysphonia (apparently, some kind of neurological condition where he is afraid his vocal cords will fail due to overuse, so then they actually do) so he doesn't sound as good as he used to, but he is apparently working on it.

With the Vegas residency, and a new CD supposedly coming out this year, I think he certainly has more star power than many of the rejects this show has been getting (please, no more real housewives).  He can dance, he has a great story, and he seems like a normal, down to earth, nice guy.  I'm not sure if he has the fan base that Nick Carter did, but he could have real potential.

• Love 1

I am so jealous that you got to see BSB's Vegas show. 

I think Brian would have at least as much support as Nick, so I don't think that would be a problem. But it doesn't have to be Brian (hrs kinda on the hyperactive puppy side  for me, or at least he used to be) - any of the remaining Boys would be just fine with me. AJ definitely has the personality for this show, but Kevin might fall into the ringer category because I'm pretty sure he used to teach ballroom dancing (YEARS ago, before BSB).

I'm also sad that their newer stuff didn't hit mainstream radio - Straight Through My Heart was a pretty traditional radio pop IMO, but the whole In A World Like This CD is a pretty great adult contemporary album. And the song In A World Like This is great, too - and I'd agree, some of the notes Brian his are absolutely fantastic.

/BSB fangirling

• Love 2

If we were going to have a professional dancer from the cast of Glee I would of rather it been Harry Shum Jr. I think he's is a better dancer or at least I enjoyed watching him dance more. Also on a completely shallow note I leave this picture..tumblr_nseytctckh1uain98o1_400.jpg

• Love 4

I'm lame in that I don't want big names, which are never going to happen, and not the sexiest names necessarily, but I'm looking at half of Kate's comedy friends she has coming to the show.

Anyone from Parks & Rec , Yvette Nicole Brown, Jane Lynch (she would never do it), Oscar Nunez, etc.

Also Pete Gardner, Scott Michael Foster and anyone from Crazy Ex Girlfriend.  They were all in the audience last week to support Kat Burn, who choreographed the opening number.

People probably also know Scott Michael Foster from Greek and a few other things, but have I mentioned I want him on the show?

While we are it, also anyone from Greek.  Jake McDorman, Amber Stevens West, Scott, etc.

I've always wanted to see Constance Marie on the show and hoped we'd get her after she was in the audience so much for Gilles. I'm disappointed Charlie Sheen backed out but I'd love to see someone else from Two and a Half Men, either Jon Cryer or Marin Hinkle (though with Mrs. Maisel such a huge success I doubt we'd get her). I also really want to see another baseball player. Mariano Rivera would be awesome!

• Love 1

Ian Somerhalder, Aziz Ansari, Tyler Seguin (hockey player), Betty White, Sophia Vergara, Ken Jeong, Priyanka Chopra, Leslie Jones. I think most of those people are too A-list, but they would be nice, LOL.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Ian Somerhalder, Aziz Ansari, Tyler Seguin (hockey player), Betty White, Sophia Vergara, Ken Jeong, Priyanka Chopra, Leslie Jones. I think most of those people are too A-list, but they would be nice, LOL.

Betty White can barely stand anymore.  She makes all of her appearances sitting down.  Love her but no way could that ever happen.

• Love 2