Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Wrap-Up: Best and Worst DAYS Moments

• Start Topic

Okay, we're entering into the last month of the year. Time to look back over 12 months of insanity and pay tribute to our favourite moments and the ones that made us want to scream.

BEST

-Stefano tries to have his men throw Marlena out of the castle window for her role in Kristen's death, prompting her to scream her helpless head off

-Sami and Kate showing genuine grief/relief/love towards each other at Will's massively underwhelming funeral

-Theresa telling Maggie about her hidden desire to be a fashion designer, and how that factored into her personal issues and family problems

-Marlena all but throwing Jawn's suitcase at his head and calling him out on his bull when he tries to leave her for some random ISA job after promising to devote himself to her for a full month (ha!)

-Victor - for ONCE - admitting he's being a complete monster with his rude misogynistic comments over Thanksgiving 

WORST

-Will being murdered in less time than it takes to microwave a Pizza Pocket

-Will's outdoor funeral, sans church ceremony, sans Sonny in the front row, sans several key family members (Carrie and Austin anybody?) and overall sans appropriate heartbreak and resolution to a 20+ year character arc

-Aiden attempting to murder Hope after coitus and then attempting to murder Bo, only to be murdered and labelled irredeemable after being the only successfully-integrated new character of the last two years

-Bo apparently dying from a random brain tumour (!?!?) after having sustained massive injuries on screen for the month prior

...what are some of yours? Do you agree with mine? Discuss!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Okay, we're entering into the last month of the year. Time to look back over 12 months of insanity and pay tribute to our favourite moments and the ones that made us want to scream.

BEST

-Stefano tries to have his men throw Marlena out of the castle window for her role in Kristen's death, prompting her to scream her helpless head off

-Sami and Kate showing genuine grief/relief/love towards each other at Will's massively underwhelming funeral

-Theresa telling Maggie about her hidden desire to be a fashion designer, and how that factored into her personal issues and family problems

-Marlena all but throwing Jawn's suitcase at his head and calling him out on his bull when he tries to leave her for some random ISA job after promising to devote himself to her for a full month (ha!)

-Victor - for ONCE - admitting he's being a complete monster with his rude misogynistic comments over Thanksgiving 

WORST

-Will being murdered in less time than it takes to microwave a Pizza Pocket

-Will's outdoor funeral, sans church ceremony, sans Sonny in the front row, sans several key family members (Carrie and Austin anybody?) and overall sans appropriate heartbreak and resolution to a 20+ year character arc

-Aiden attempting to murder Hope after coitus and then attempting to murder Bo, only to be murdered and labelled irredeemable after being the only successfully-integrated new character of the last two years

-Bo apparently dying from a random brain tumour (!?!?) after having sustained massive injuries on screen for the month prior

...what are some of yours? Do you agree with mine? Discuss!

I'm not sure what more I could add to this because you have echoed my sentiments on every point. I'll give it a try....

BEST

Steve's return.

The brief sporadic glimpses of the old Jennifer

The end of the Ms Robinson (JJ/Eve) debacle.

The emotional scenes of KDP and BD after learning of Paige and Will's deaths.

Theresa attempting to be a mother to Tater Tot

Kristen swimming with the fishes.

Dannifer being history

WORST

Bo's long stretched out captivity and torture

The entire elephant storyline

Sami's brief onscreen return

Abifail's overblown romantic turmoil

The Necktie Killer reveal

Will's Paul obsession

Danicole

Best

The brief Sami/Kate and Sami/Lucas interactions

Hope and Aiden

JJ and Gabi

Worst

The trashing of Will, his cheap murder, his pathetic funeral, and the fact that most people seem to have forgotten about him

The never ending Gay Triangle From Hell

Everything involving Abifail and the fact that a serial killer story was centered around her and plastic mannequin 

Sami's extremely disappointing return

Bo only spending less than 24 hours with his family before being killed off

The trashing of Aiden

Adrienne and Justin

• Love 3

Best

⏳Bo dying (well written and acted by everyone involved just about but the NuCiara got on my last nerve).

⏳Patch returns.

⏳Robert Scott and Billy Flynn turning shit to sugar in the recycled Necktie storyline.

Worst

⌛STOP KILLING OFF HORTONS AND BRADYS (JOSH GRIFFITH YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED YOUR LEGACY KILLING SPREE UNLESS YOU KILL ABIGAIL THEN GOLD STAR THERE BUT STOP IT). AND MAKE THE DAMN DIMERAS INTERESTING AGAIN. RECAST EJ DIMERA WITH A STRONG MALE ACTOR AND IF ALLISON DOESN'T WANT TO COME BACK RECAST SAMI TOO. GET ERIC OUT THE CLOTH AND MAKE HIM WORK AT TITAN AGAIN AS A PHOTOGRAPHER. SHAWN D NEEDS A JOB AND MOTIVATION BESIDES WORRYING ABOUT BELLE

BEING A CHEAT AGAIN

. BRING BACK REX. BRING ON BRADYS FOR THE FUTURE STOP TRYING TO REPLACE THEM WITH YOUR SANTA BARBARA REHASH BY MAKING THE HERNANDEZ FAMILY FRONT AND CENTER. BRING BACK SARAH HORTON PLAYED BY A STRONG ACTRESS LIKE SARAH BROWN. BRING BACK MIKE HORTON. PEOPLE WITH THE NAME "HORTON" AT THE END. BRING ON A NEW ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY, PERF. VITALIS! Sorry for the caps commentors, had to get this off my chest.

⌛Sami’s Days50th storyline. Boring as hell.

⌛The necktie storyline (sorry, this is the worst murder mystery Days has done because it's been done before). Not mention it gives Abby way too much airtime.

⌛Brady Black still looking for Ms Right Now. This time it's with Theresa. Yawn. He too needs motivation and work for a living. Hes John's son damnit.

⌛Lil Ciara played by Lauren Boles doesn't get final scenes with Peters Reckell/Bo's exit story but this NuCiara played Vivian Jovanni did. It robbed Lauren Boles at out of possible Emmy nom IMO. Thanks writers for not waiting til Bo was in the ground to bringing on teen scene.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Best:

• Alison Sweeney and Brian Datillo in the morgue. 
  • Deidre Hall's quiet anguish in every scene post Will's death.
  • Sami/Kate interactions. 
  • Kate/Nicole/Theresa (more for what it COULD be).
  • KDP's acting. She just nails Eve's grief and regret.
  • The chem test for the potential JJ/Gabi ship.
  • Daniel Cosgrove killing his scenes even though his story stunk up the place.
  • Billy Flynn's chemistry with everyone including the Horton Plaque in HTS. (and his acting but I digress)

Worst:

(AKA, Jini's Bitter Party of One)

• Days' Gaynocide in general - Bye, Will, Sonny, Paul (How's that closet treatin' ya) & Derek.
  • Will's gratuitous murder - You know it was extra violent.
  • Lack of follow up on the grief the death of Will would really cause (Horton, Brady, Dimera, Kiriakis)- I feel cheated out of Kate scenes.
  • Will's underwhelming funeral: no family picture of WilSon, his HUSBAND and baby momma in the 2nd row.
  • Bo's return being all about his escape w/minimal interaction with ANYONE but Steve.
  • Bo's death w/in 24 hours of his return.
  • Aiden's departure - come the fuck on with that shit. 
  • Justin's sudden power grab and anti-Chad sentiment w/out using logic or police input.
  • Ben as the Serial Killer
  • Abbi in the forefront of everything.
  • Paul's reconned existence.
  • WilSon/Paulson (I don't mind a triangle but this was ridiculously done).
  • Sami's return being all about EJ and the Dimeras instead of her DEAD FIRSTBORN SON!!!
  • SORASing the kids too soon. 

I can't think of more right now but give me a minute. LOL

• Love 3

Can't get on board with recasting EJ or Sami. Recasting Sami would be an ultimate slap in the face.

Best:

[*]Alison Sweeney and Brian Datillo in the morgue

So agree. They nailed it

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

Best

⏳Bo dying (well written and acted by everyone involved just about but the NuCiara got on my last nerve).

⏳Patch returns.

⏳Robert Scott and Billy Flynn turning shit to sugar in the recycled Necktie storyline.

Worst

⌛STOP KILLING OFF HORTONS AND BRADYS (JOSH GRIFFITH YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED YOUR LEGACY KILLING SPREE UNLESS YOU KILL ABIGAIL THEN GOLD STAR THERE BUT STOP IT). AND MAKE THE DAMN DIMERAS INTERESTING AGAIN. RECAST EJ DIMERA WITH A STRONG MALE ACTOR AND IF ALLISON DOESN'T WANT TO COME BACK RECAST SAMI TOO. GET ERIC OUT THE CLOTH AND MAKE HIM WORK AT TITAN AGAIN AS A PHOTOGRAPHER. SHAWN D NEEDS A JOB AND MOTIVATION BESIDES WORRYING ABOUT BELLE

BEING A CHEAT AGAIN

. BRING BACK REX. BRING ON BRADYS FOR THE FUTURE STOP TRYING TO REPLACE THEM WITH YOUR SANTA BARBARA REHASH BY MAKING THE HERNANDEZ FAMILY FRONT AND CENTER. BRING BACK SARAH HORTON PLAYED BY A STRONG ACTRESS LIKE SARAH BROWN. BRING BACK MIKE HORTON. PEOPLE WITH THE NAME "HORTON" AT THE END. BRING ON A NEW ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY, PERF. VITALIS! Sorry for the caps commentors, had to get this off my chest.

⌛Sami’s Days50th storyline. Boring as hell.

⌛The necktie storyline (sorry, this is the worst murder mystery Days has done because it's been done before). Not mention it gives Abby way too much airtime.

⌛Brady Black still looking for Ms Right Now. This time it's with Theresa. Yawn. He too needs motivation and work for a living. Hes John's son damnit.

⌛Lil Ciara played by Lauren Boles doesn't get final scenes with Peters Reckell/Bo's exit story but this NuCiara played Vivian Jovanni did. It robbed Lauren Boles at out of possible Emmy nom IMO. Thanks writers for not waiting til Bo was in the ground to bringing on teen scene.

⌛Aiden's dark turn. I found this unnecessary since: A. Bo was going to die and you still could had given Bo and Bo/Hope fans respectable closure without destroying this character and B. Since Hope doesn't know all the facts of Aiden turning into a creep this will drag into next year Im sure. TomSell didn't fill in his holes to character which was a disservice if one was a Aiden/Haiden fan and Griffith/Higley made him dark for one last hero moment for the Bo Brady character. Boo.

⌛This show needs more humor and romance in the scripts. BRING SOME LIGHT BACK ON THIS SHOW. Every episode doesn't need to be batshit crazy and dark. Balance, balance, balance, Griffith and Higley. Oh and turn on those lights too on the stage. I hate adjusting my damn tv to brighten it up.

Thats all I have right now. Im sure there will be more later.

I agree with all this except bringing back Rex. He and his twin belong in the "La, la, la, it never happened, la, la la" storyline bin. It had potential, was ruined and the ruination can't be undone.

• Love 1

I will be brief - and no doubt very unpopular with at least one of these, but here goes:

Best:

Steve Johnson's return/Kayla getting airtime because of said return

Aiden dying (Told you, unpopular!)

Crumbs of old Jennifer

The emotion with Bo's death

Worst:

Anything with Jen/Eve/JJ (Thank God it's over!)

Emergence of the Hernandez clan

The Alpha Centauri speed of Bo coming home to Hope just to die a blink later

Anything with Dan

The utter lackadaisical attitude of Will's death

The abrupt SORASing of the kids

• Love 3