Type keyword(s) to search

General Gabbery: DWTS

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Brock1976 said:

No more trying to fill two season's worth of no name celebrities into one calender year, hopefully they can save up and actually find some 'stars' ppl have actually heard of next year.

I can't imagine who would want to be on the show now that they know some clown only has to stomp around to win, as long as he has a rabid fanbase.

• Love 10

Also Bobby can't stop talking about the other contestants on his show.  Yesterday Bobby was complaining about how he was disappointed in JP for "liking" comments that were against Bobby on social media and he was disappointed in him.  Which, okay Bobby?  You literally went on your show the day after JP was eliminated and were basically laughing over his elimination.  I know JP knows about it since everyone was telling him on social media.  So it's okay for you to laugh over his elimination but not vice versa?  Okay.

I also believe Bobby had some crap to say about Alexis or the Alexis/Alan relationship, which sure okay, a lot of the audience thinks was a fake showmance.  But Bobby of all people is the last person to be talking about other peoples fakeness or the lengths they might go to for a win.

One thing I've noticed is I haven't seen much love from the other celebs of S27 towards Bobby post win.  I saw a lot of pros publicly congratulate Sharna and therefore Bobby as her sidekick.  Pros and former celebs seemed happy for Sharna.  But Bobby's actual competitors?  I mean Nancy McKeon, at least from what I see on social media, is like the nicest person in existence without a bad word to say about anyone and she never even congratulated the dude.  She just ignored him and went back to liking things about how great JP, Demarcus, Milo, Danelle and others are.  Though it also seems from finale week and interaction afterwards that the little group of JP, Demarcus, Nancy and Danelle became decently close knit and I think they all love JP, so probably are annoyed on his behalf.  Danelle too for that matter.  Milo is the only one that I see publicly interacting with Bobby at all.

Victoria Arlen though has become a one woman Sharna/Bobby defense squad though.  She's close with Sharna so I get why she feels determined to defend her friend and her friend's win, but she has also gotten into it with many fans that say even one remotely negative thing about Bobby.  Which is her right, so I guess good for her.  The only thing that it's taught me is Victoria is not good at the quick witted clapbacks.

Anyway, I don't think Bobby and his fans killed DWTS...I think we were likely heading for the one season thing anyway.  I will say the very controversial season and Bobby didn't help matters though.  I also expect that when the show comes back it will do so with some changes.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Bobby Bones killed DWTS. Well, Bobby and his "fanbase." 

Not just Bobby and his cult, but the show he works for, Idol. ABC ended up killing DWTS by putting Bobby on it in order to help prop up Idol. Sad but true. 

• Love 10

Bobby is like the nerd in high school who is strangely obsessed with the popular folks. I wonder why he cares so much whether JP likes him or not.

I agree, I don't think Bobby killed dwts. No one will remember him by next season, although he thinks he should be enshrined or something. Unfortunately, I don't think too many people will care about dwts at all after such a long absence.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 6

I'd also add that while I don't want to say Bobby and his fans killed the show because I don't think it 100% true, the other reason is I expect Bobby would take it as a compliment or badge of honor if he and his fans broke the show.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, spanana said:

Victoria Arlen though has become a one woman Sharna/Bobby defense squad though.  She's close with Sharna so I get why she feels determined to defend her friend and her friend's win, but she has also gotten into it with many fans that say even one remotely negative thing about Bobby.  Which is her right, so I guess good for her.  The only thing that it's taught me is Victoria is not good at the quick witted clapbacks.

It's funny, you used to always see Maks and Val's partners become part of the fam cult for awhile during and right after their season and then they'd fade away. Victoria seems to have grabbed on tight with both Sharna and Peta.

10 minutes ago, fpbl83 said:

Not just Bobby and his cult, but the show he works for, Idol. ABC ended up killing DWTS by putting Bobby on it in order to help prop up Idol. Sad but true. 

This can't be repeated enough.

• Love 3
Just now, Toonces464 said:

It's funny, you used to always see Maks and Val's partners become part of the fam cult for awhile during and right after their season and then they'd fade away. Victoria seems to have grabbed on tight with both Sharna and Peta.

This can't be repeated enough.

I've noticed that Victoria is in particular closest with Sharna.  I'm not sure how this came about but at the time it seemed like maybe Victoria and Sharna would go out with maybe Val or Maks and the gang and they would be the only two single people there so they buddy'd up a lot while the others did their coupley things.  She's definitely bought into all the fam nonsense though and is one of their ride or dies I guess.  I don't even mind that she defended Sharna, but not sure why she's wasting her energy on defending Bobby's dance talents.

• Love 3

We can't let Lindsey Sterling escape unscathed too, since she apparently encouraged Bobby to do the show. I guess that's her "revenge" for losing last year. I have not forgotten that she and Mark didn't handle their loss very well, refusing to congratulate Lindsay and Jordan and not doing any press interviews after the finale, though I've noticed that wan't the first time Mark did that. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, fpbl83 said:

We can't let Lindsey Sterling escape unscathed too, since she apparently encouraged Bobby to do the show. I guess that's her "revenge" for losing last year. I have not forgotten that she and Mark didn't handle their loss very well, refusing to congratulate Lindsay and Jordan and not doing any press interviews after the finale, though I've noticed that wan't the first time Mark did that. 

I'm always of two minds about that.  I'd rather somebody not do press at all if the option is that or giving a crappy bitter or angry interview, but at the same time I also want to tell them to suck it up.  I honestly don't think I knew that they didn't do press interviews.  It reminds me of Val not doing any interviews after his S16 loss with Zendaya and while she didn't do many either, she did do one with ABC George where you could clearly tell she was upset but went out there with a smile on her face and her adult partner was nowhere to be seen because he couldn't keep it together.  So he sent his teenage partner out there by herself.

• Love 2

They should suck it up and do the press interviews. It's only a reality show, sheesh. Milo is only 17 and he accepted his loss graciously. In fact, he seems to be the only one not stewing about that dick winning.

I guess he's smart and realizes he's on to bigger and better things.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

They should suck it up and do the press interviews. It's only a reality show, sheesh. Milo is only 17 and he accepted his loss graciously. In fact, he seems to be the only one not stewing about that dick winning.

I guess he's smart and realizes he's on to bigger and better things.

I don't disagree but if the options are 1) Cause a scene because you can't control your emotions and are going to say something stupid or 2) not do interviews...I'd prefer the latter.  I think both Val and Mark are repeat offenders of this. Off the top of my head I can't remember what other pros have skipped out before.  I'm sure plenty of celebs have.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, spanana said:

I'm always of two minds about that.  I'd rather somebody not do press at all if the option is that or giving a crappy bitter or angry interview, but at the same time I also want to tell them to suck it up.  I honestly don't think I knew that they didn't do press interviews.  It reminds me of Val not doing any interviews after his S16 loss with Zendaya and while she didn't do many either, she did do one with ABC George where you could clearly tell she was upset but went out there with a smile on her face and her adult partner was nowhere to be seen because he couldn't keep it together.  So he sent his teenage partner out there by herself.

Remember the old days when Maks used to let his studio, his NY fam and his LA roommates publicly rip the show and all the other contestants to shreds while he stood silently by? So passive aggressive.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Remember the old days when Maks used to let his studio, his NY fam and his LA roommates publicly rip the show and all the other contestants to shreds while he stood silently by? So passive aggressive.

I guess that's why all the pros went to Julianne's wedding and not his?

• Love 1

I know the glory days have been long gone but this last season has felt like the beginning of the death knell IMO. Not only was the winner controversial but I have to wonder with so many good dancers going home early if some of the pros have even just said "screw it" and don't feel like all the hard work they put in is worth it.  Even the good winners leaving too soon is par for the course this season just felt so messed up.

I was an Idol fan for years and cried when it left FOX. Yet I couldnt care less when it came back on ABC.  ABC will learn the hard way that when all is said and done it wasnt worth it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

Did any of the pros go to Julianne's other than Mark and Emma & Sasha?

Esha probably would have been at Maks/Peta if their wedding weren't the same day. Maybe Mark too. I don't think Jules is close with any of the other pros she danced with on DWTS. She wasn't there that long in the grand scheme of things.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, fpbl83 said:

Esha probably would have been at Maks/Peta if their wedding weren't the same day. Maybe Mark too. I don't think Jules is close with any of the other pros she danced with on DWTS. She wasn't there that long in the grand scheme of things.  

Maks and Peta didn't have any of the pros there either. Other than Val, Tony and Sharna, who were all in the wedding, I think Alan was the only one who went.

11 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Maks and Peta didn't have any of the pros there either. Other than Val, Tony and Sharna, who were all in the wedding, I think Alan was the only one who went.

Jenna was there by virtue of being Val's plus one.  I think it was right when they had gotten back together the last time.  There were also a few random DWTS related celebs at the wedding, not pros though.  Rumer was in it and some of Peta's past partners (Donald Driver, Nyle) and Candace Cameron Bure was there.  I remember being surprised that Keo didn't attend just because he's decently close with Peta, but beyond that I wasn't surprised.  Maks/Peta didn't attend any of the Utah folks weddings so why would they bother to attend his?  I think Kym/Robert might have been there but I can't 100% remember.

Anyway, not that US Weekly is a reliable source for anything but they published an article yesterday claiming that insiders are TPTB are discussing whether or not to make S28 the last season and if it is, they plan to want to bring back a lot of the old pros for one big final season.  My guess is none of that has been decided but on the off change that they did do one last season, I think a lot of our current pros could find themselves displaced.  The only names the article mentioned were Karina, Cheryl, Mark and Derek and considering Cheryl was there last season, I don't think getting her for one last one would be hard.  I also bet Karina would come back.  Derek to me is more about whether or not he's allowed now that he's working on a different network.  His contract may prohibit him from doing anything with DWTS.  

I expect a last season male roster for TPTB would be Derek, Mark, Val and Maks rounded out with a couple of others.  But anyway, point being some of the newer newbie pros might not have a job if they do a return to old pros anyway.  Cheryl is the only one on the female side that would be safe, though my guess is Lindsay and Witney are probably top of the pecking order on our current female celebs for job security. 

• Love 1

I guess I'm not understanding why dwts would be cancelled. Sure they don't have the viewership of the glory days, but they still get more fans than most shows. Is American Idol really that popular? I know plenty of other shows that have less ratings and are still on. I think rather than jettisoning the show, they should try to bring back some things that are appealing to longtime fans.

I think they are pissed that younger folks still don't tune in. So what? Retired people buy stuff too. I don't know why advertisers ignore older people so much.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, spanana said:

Anyway, not that US Weekly is a reliable source for anything but they published an article yesterday claiming that insiders are TPTB are discussing whether or not to make S28 the last season and if it is, they plan to want to bring back a lot of the old pros for one big final season.  My guess is none of that has been decided but on the off change that they did do one last season, I think a lot of our current pros could find themselves displaced.  The only names the article mentioned were Karina, Cheryl, Mark and Derek and considering Cheryl was there last season, I don't think getting her for one last one would be hard.  I also bet Karina would come back.  Derek to me is more about whether or not he's allowed now that he's working on a different network.  His contract may prohibit him from doing anything with DWTS.

Hmmm, I remember seeing a few weeks ago, Derek responded to someone asking if he’d ever be back on DTWS with a “maybe some day ;)” which was a much more affirmative answer than he’s been giving lately. (He had been giving off a “hell no” vibe)

That makes me wonder if there’s been some behind the scenes conversations behind that winky face.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, spanana said:

Jenna was there by virtue of being Val's plus one.  I think it was right when they had gotten back together the last time.  There were also a few random DWTS related celebs at the wedding, not pros though.  Rumer was in it and some of Peta's past partners (Donald Driver, Nyle) and Candace Cameron Bure was there.  I remember being surprised that Keo didn't attend just because he's decently close with Peta, but beyond that I wasn't surprised.  Maks/Peta didn't attend any of the Utah folks weddings so why would they bother to attend his?  I think Kym/Robert might have been there but I can't 100% remember.

The two things that stood out to me about that wedding were that not one of Maks's partners showed up and WTF was Candace Cameron Bure doing there?

3 hours ago, spanana said:

I expect a last season male roster for TPTB would be Derek, Mark, Val and Maks rounded out with a couple of others.  But anyway, point being some of the newer newbie pros might not have a job if they do a return to old pros anyway.  Cheryl is the only one on the female side that would be safe, though my guess is Lindsay and Witney are probably top of the pecking order on our current female celebs for job security. 

I don't know why they would end the show with Season 28. Why bring it back for one season and then end it? Just end it now if that's what they're going to do. I don't think anyone will tune in if they know it's coming back as one and done, because why get re-invested in a show you've already had to separate from?

That being said, I've been saying all along they need to bring back original pros and mix them in with the current pros. I think THAT would go a long way to revitalizing the show. It's interesting though, that the US Weekly article mentioned Karina, Cheryl, Mark and Derek with no mention of Maks, who used to be part of that group of top tier pros. 

I think Sharna would be above Witney in the pecking order of current female pros. I think Sharna is a lot more popular than Witney and is probably the top female pro right now, despite her win.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I think Sharna would be above Witney in the pecking order of current female pros. I think Sharna is a lot more popular than Witney and is probably the top female pro right now, despite her win.

I'd argue I think Lindsay is probably considered the top female pro right now.  Sharna has a lot of fans but she's also very controversial.  There are a lot of people that can't stand her.  Biggest thing usually going in her favor is she's always stood out with the shocking red hair amongst a backdrop of largely blondes, but truthfully I forgot about Sharna completely when I wrote that last post.  Which brings me to I think of our current female pros the top 3 in the eyes of TPTB in terms of importance to the show are probably Lindsay, Sharna and Wit.  TPTB love Jenna and she will continue to get a spot also because she has her fiancee to advocate and wheel and deal on her behalf.  Not she's not a talent in her own right and obviously she got the part on DWTS without him, but I mean that Val and Jenna are deliberately marketing themselves as a package deal right now and I suspect as much as possible they will negotiate for both of them or neither.  I could see Val pulling an "I'm not doing the show without my wife" type of deal.  Also I always feel like poor Emma is expendable to the show.

But most of this is moot because I don't entirely buy the US Weekly article re: a last season.  I do think it's possible they may try to revamp and bring back some older pros but I'd be surprised if there were really plans to end it after S28.  And even if it did end, it could pull an Idol and come back a few year later.

• Love 2

They could always move dwts to another day like Sunday as well. If they could pull 7 million viewers on a weekend, that would be pretty good. If they did cancel it, I think another network could pick it up.

I sort of hope they do move it to Saturday or Sunday, because Monday nights aren't the greatest time to watch it. Especially on the west coast. 

1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

The two things that stood out to me about that wedding were that not one of Maks's partners showed up and WTF was Candace Cameron Bure doing there?

Maks and Val guest-starred on Fuller House one time and they were in the same team dance as Candace on her DWTS season.  That might be why she was there.  

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, spanana said:

I'd argue I think Lindsay is probably considered the top female pro right now.  Sharna has a lot of fans but she's also very controversial.  There are a lot of people that can't stand her.  Biggest thing usually going in her favor is she's always stood out with the shocking red hair amongst a backdrop of largely blondes, but truthfully I forgot about Sharna completely when I wrote that last post.  Which brings me to I think of our current female pros the top 3 in the eyes of TPTB in terms of importance to the show are probably Lindsay, Sharna and Wit.  TPTB love Jenna and she will continue to get a spot also because she has her fiancee to advocate and wheel and deal on her behalf.  Not she's not a talent in her own right and obviously she got the part on DWTS without him, but I mean that Val and Jenna are deliberately marketing themselves as a package deal right now and I suspect as much as possible they will negotiate for both of them or neither.  I could see Val pulling an "I'm not doing the show without my wife" type of deal.  Also I always feel like poor Emma is expendable to the show.

But most of this is moot because I don't entirely buy the US Weekly article re: a last season.  I do think it's possible they may try to revamp and bring back some older pros but I'd be surprised if there were really plans to end it after S28.  And even if it did end, it could pull an Idol and come back a few year later.

I think Emma is unfortunately expendable too and I think Peta is all but forgotten as anything more than an extension of Maks. They don't need them now that they have Val and Jenna.

I don't think TPTB are that enamored of Jenna --- remember they were going to drop her a few seasons ago --- but between Val and Mandy Moore advocating for her, I agree she's got herself a place thanks to them. Not to mention all the Valenna fans, who make a ton of noise about them.

8 minutes ago, Maya S said:

Maks and Val guest-starred on Fuller House one time and they were in the same team dance as Candace on her DWTS season.  That might be why she was there.  

Not really a reason to have someone at your wedding though. They're both really tight with Robin Roberts and are on GMA all the time and I didn't see her there. Nor, as I mentioned, any of Maks's partners, though he's supposedly still very close with Erin and Meryl.

5 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

They could always move dwts to another day like Sunday as well. If they could pull 7 million viewers on a weekend, that would be pretty good. If they did cancel it, I think another network could pick it up.

I sort of hope they do move it to Saturday or Sunday, because Monday nights aren't the greatest time to watch it. Especially on the west coast. 

Saturday would be impossible because it would directly conflict with Strictly Come Dancing (which airs live from London on Saturday nights) and Bruno is a judge on there as well as on DWTS.  He simply can't be in two places at once, and even taking the time difference between London and Hollywood into account, there's the 12-hour commute each way to consider, which is why Sunday wouldn't work, either.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Candace and Peta have the same public relations/talent manager. Candace attended the wedding with that guy. 

• Love 1

It's almost as if the showrunners put in a ridiculous self absorbed jackass for a winner on purpose.  

On 12/10/2018 at 11:00 AM, boyznkatz said:

Wow, he is officially the biggest douche who ever won. Taking attention away from children for himself? YUCK.

Yes. Why not?  If the show is tanking Bobby will be there to watch it go down in flames and wonder why he's not being talked about. 

• Love 2
On 12/14/2018 at 4:59 PM, Toonces464 said:

I don't think TPTB are that enamored of Jenna --- remember they were going to drop her a few seasons ago --- but between Val and Mandy Moore advocating for her, I agree she's got herself a place thanks to them. Not to mention all the Valenna fans, who make a ton of noise about them.

There has also been a change over the last year or more re: how Val is marketing himself.  All of a sudden, he for the most part only makes joint media appearances with Jenna where they can talk about their relationship, engagement and whatever.  In terms of Dance With Me, Val and co's studios, they are being marketed together in appearances to teach classes and etc.  I'm sure to some extent he's being asked on shows to talk about his engagement and etc. but my point I guess is they are deliberately marketing themselves as a duo for press opportunities, appearances and other things and since Val has a lot of clout at DWTS I think he can easily pull a "I will only do x if we both get y" type of thing.

As for Mandy, look no further than tour.  The tour just started and from what I see people saying it sounds like somehow Jenna has the most featured dances of everyone.  Weirdly people are saying Val doesn't have many, but I'm going to assume if he doesn't that is his own choice for whatever reason.  Most of the tour is choreographed by Mandy.  Which also shows because outside of random celeb numbers from the season, all the numbers are so same old same old.  A female pro routine that looks like every other female pro routine.  A male pro routine that looks like every other male pro routine.  It's so unimaginative, but the audiences seem to like it which I guess is all they care about.   I get Jenna is maybe the strongest technician but that doesn't necessarily matter in shows like this.  You put the most recognizable/popular people on the most.

1 hour ago, spanana said:

There has also been a change over the last year or more re: how Val is marketing himself.  All of a sudden, he for the most part only makes joint media appearances with Jenna where they can talk about their relationship, engagement and whatever.  In terms of Dance With Me, Val and co's studios, they are being marketed together in appearances to teach classes and etc.  I'm sure to some extent he's being asked on shows to talk about his engagement and etc. but my point I guess is they are deliberately marketing themselves as a duo for press opportunities, appearances and other things and since Val has a lot of clout at DWTS I think he can easily pull a "I will only do x if we both get y" type of thing.

As for Mandy, look no further than tour.  The tour just started and from what I see people saying it sounds like somehow Jenna has the most featured dances of everyone.  Weirdly people are saying Val doesn't have many, but I'm going to assume if he doesn't that is his own choice for whatever reason.  Most of the tour is choreographed by Mandy.  Which also shows because outside of random celeb numbers from the season, all the numbers are so same old same old.  A female pro routine that looks like every other female pro routine.  A male pro routine that looks like every other male pro routine.  It's so unimaginative, but the audiences seem to like it which I guess is all they care about.   I get Jenna is maybe the strongest technician but that doesn't necessarily matter in shows like this.  You put the most recognizable/popular people on the most.

I also have noticed Val and Jenna marketing themselves as a duo. You would think they would've learned from Maks and Peta that doesn't get you very far. But to be fair, Val and Jenna are the ones doing all the heavy lifting for DWM since Tony left. I don't think Maks even mentioned the opening of the studio in Atlanta, let alone bothered to fly in for it. And I don't think Peta has ever lifted a finger to do anything for DWM other than Sway, which was how she got her foot back in the door with Maks after he dumped her.

I read that Jenna and Brandon are the dance captains for this tour. If I'm not mistaken, Jenna was the dance captain for the last tour too. I'm not sure how that all works, but Jenna and Brandon have the least seniority of everyone on tour.

3 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I also have noticed Val and Jenna marketing themselves as a duo. You would think they would've learned from Maks and Peta that doesn't get you very far. But to be fair, Val and Jenna are the ones doing all the heavy lifting for DWM since Tony left. I don't think Maks even mentioned the opening of the studio in Atlanta, let alone bothered to fly in for it. And I don't think Peta has ever lifted a finger to do anything for DWM other than Sway, which was how she got her foot back in the door with Maks after he dumped her.

I read that Jenna and Brandon are the dance captains for this tour. If I'm not mistaken, Jenna was the dance captain for the last tour too. I'm not sure how that all works, but Jenna and Brandon have the least seniority of everyone on tour.

I read something last year that said the dancers on tour vote on  who will be the  dance captain. I can see Jenna voting for herself. LOL!!!  Apparently, they always have one female and one male dance captain.  So I guess Jenna is the dance captain for the female pro dancers and Brandon will be the dance captain for the guys. I am surprised that Alan is not a dance captain, since he made the finals this season.  

• Love 1

I think Jenna has been the dance captain on every tour that she's gone on.  I did hear that she and Brandon are sharing it this time, but it's never been clear to me if it's something that pros angling for brownie points and pro spots volunteer to do and/or if they get voted into those positions by the other pros.  Because I'm sure most of the more experienced pros don't have any desire to do such things since I think it mostly involves running the dance rehearsals/run throughs on tour, making sure everyone gets where they need to be on time, sending texts about call times and etc.  Kudos to them I guess for doing it and it probably makes more sense to split it up amongst two people but I always think it's funny when people act like it's a big honor.  I doubt most want the extra work so they probably don't encourage anyone to vote for them.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, kitcloudkicker said:

Hmmm, I remember seeing a few weeks ago, Derek responded to someone asking if he’d ever be back on DTWS with a “maybe some day ;)” which was a much more affirmative answer than he’s been giving lately. (He had been giving off a “hell no” vibe)

That makes me wonder if there’s been some behind the scenes conversations behind that winky face.

Even though I am sure that Derek has received a boatload of job offers, I would love to see him one more time on DWTS before it disappears from the airwaves forever.  The choreo would be insane as usual.  I think that Alan and Brandon have the capability to bring some good choreo, but they are not in Derek and Mark's league quite yet.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, spanana said:

I think Jenna has been the dance captain on every tour that she's gone on.  I did hear that she and Brandon are sharing it this time, but it's never been clear to me if it's something that pros angling for brownie points and pro spots volunteer to do and/or if they get voted into those positions by the other pros.  Because I'm sure most of the more experienced pros don't have any desire to do such things since I think it mostly involves running the dance rehearsals/run throughs on tour, making sure everyone gets where they need to be on time, sending texts about call times and etc.  Kudos to them I guess for doing it and it probably makes more sense to split it up amongst two people but I always think it's funny when people act like it's a big honor.  I doubt most want the extra work so they probably don't encourage anyone to vote for them.

I think you are right.  I remember that a long, long, long, long time ago, Maks was a dance captain ( or whatever they called it back then) on tour with other DWTS people. He said it was a lot of work and that he would not do it again. He said it was a lot of responsibility  and it stressed him out. LOL! Plus, knowing DWTS, I am sure being a dance captain does not increase your paycheck much, if at all. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, spanana said:

The tour just started and from what I see people saying it sounds like somehow Jenna has the most featured dances of everyone.  Weirdly people are saying Val doesn't have many, but I'm going to assume if he doesn't that is his own choice for whatever reason.  Most of the tour is choreographed by Mandy.

Not that I would have gotten tickets after the fiasco of season 27, but this reinforces for me that it’s a skippable tour. I can’t warm to Jenna, and Mandy’s choreography is too music video for my taste. Sorry Artem, not even you could save this lackluster tour.

Edited by A.Ham
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, A.Ham said:

Not that I would have gotten tickets after the fiasco of season 27, but this reinforces for me that it’s a skippable tour. I can’t warm to Jenna, and Mandy’s choreography is too music video for my taste. Sorry Artem, not even you could save this lackluster tour.

But could Artem, Alan and Gleb riding around on giant stuffed animals? Artem's last IG cracked me up!

• Love 3

If it were Artem front and center in every dance I MIGHT have considered the tour... might...

You know who could have saved the tour? Pasha and Anya. These two I'd drop everything and run to see, On top of Artem (ok that didn't sound right lol or did it.... LOL)

Edited by vavera4ka
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

But could Artem, Alan and Gleb riding around on giant stuffed animals? Artem's last IG cracked me up!

Yes, I did love that.  I do admit my one guilty pleasure about tour is not the tour itself, but the behind the scenes social media posts and I like to get a sense of who hangs with who and etc.  The tour numbers I have no desire to watch, the behind the scenes hanging out, yes.  I did notice at least the first few days they all seemed to be hanging out like a big happy family minus the engaged couple that seem to be keeping to themselves.

Also since I'm only going based on what others paying closer attention to the tour dances are saying, it actually sounds like Britt is the female pro that is in the most numbers, but there is a difference between being in a number and being the featured dancer in a number or having a duet.  So Britt was the female pro in the most numbers but Jenna is unshockingly the female pro being featured in the most numbers (meaning she has the most featured duets and such).  Alan is the male pro in the most numbers.  I think Emma may be the female pro in the least amount of numbers but Hayley featured the least.  Again meaning Hayley may be in more numbers but she's not the featured dancer whereas in Emma's dances the focus is usually on her.  Not sure how much any of it matters, but you can tend to see Mandy's biases.  I still have to assume if Val isn't in a lot of numbers that is due to his own request.

Keeping in mind that the tour is still in the first handful of shows so numbers may be added/deleted as we go and especially as different celebs cycle in and out.  Also not sure it was mentioned here but both John and Mary Lou dropped out of tour for "scheduling" reasons so I think JP and Milo picked up some extra tour dates and they dragged Rashad out to host a few shows.  Have no idea what happened with John and Mary Lou.

I also just always assumed that usually those that wanted the dance captain spots were the pros with less seniority or still in troupe that needed to kiss ass or go above and beyond to either maintain their spots or get promoted.  Or those that wanted to kiss ass to Mandy.  Again, nothing wrong with it...somebody has got to do it.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, Toonces464 said:

*Heads straight over to IG. Hilarious!

I am apparently easily impressed because I may consider now that I see they've added Milo and JP. The closest one to me is only an hour away on a Saturday, so it may be doable. I'll see...

Edited by A.Ham
Grammar
  • Love 2

witney was apparently very disappointed with the final results of the season. someone that went to the show last night told witney that she deserved to win, and she agreed and said that the results were really hard to process.

• Love 2

Can fully understand Witney being upset, Milo was the best dancer. At least she already has a mirrorball god help her if she didn’t. Agree though that the tour is good for behind the scenes stuff. Normally all the dances are uploaded after the first few nights so since I’m not going, I can go on a quick YouTube binge and then that’s it I don’t have to watch them again.

I just hope Artem finally bags a mirrorball next season before ABC pulls the plug. He’s the only pro I care about that doesn’t have one yet and while I’ll never say that he deserves it, as no pro has a divine right to a mirrorball you have to earn it. It would make any cancellation easier to stomach. Deep down though I can’t see it happening, just don’t see him getting the perfect partner and having that perfect season that he’d need to win it like Emma did Rashad and Lindsay did Jordan.

• Love 3

So Alexis did some 2018 recap video for her followers. I only watched out of curiosity to see what she'd say regarding DWTS. And of course we got the oh so predictable, "blame the producers". Basically she mentions how she talked about so many things in her interviews during the show - her eating disorder, female empowerment, etc. but the show used none of it and of course chose to focus on her 'very confusing feelings about her dance partner she was spending 6 hours a day in the studio with". 

I put it in quotes because that really is exactly how she said it. This was now "confusing feelings" for her. Oh and she then stresses about the friendship she and Alan made, of which she will be forever grateful for. Uh huh. Oh and as for the ex-boyfriend, she states she didn't want to go into the details of what happened but they still talk and she goes on about how amazing and wonderful he is. The whole thing was so "same script, different cast". No one is doubting producers play a hard in playing up showmances but these people aren't in some prison where they're being forced to do and say things they don't want to. Alexis needs to own up to the fact that she was so desperate to win a tacky mirrorball trophy that she was willing to fake a romance that never existed. I mean it's not like she's the first. She can call up either of the Chmerkovskiy brothers and they can tell her all about that. 

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Alexis needs to own up to the fact that she was so desperate to win a tacky mirrorball trophy that she was willing to fake a romance that never existed. I mean it's not like she's the first. She can call up either of the Chmerkovskiy brothers and they can tell her all about that. 

Yes, the experts. Although sadly, I see a lot of the younger fans (mostly Peta, Val and Jenna's fans) eating up her words and twisting them into meaning they will pursue their relationship once Alan finishes with the tour.

Remember the old days when the showmances/flings happened organically? Seems so long ago.........

Edited by Toonces464

I don't think Alexis is dumb necessarily.  I think she's weirdly naive and seems very lost.  As for the Alan thing, she has since unfollowed Alan on social media.  He hasn't reciprocated.  She's also supposedly posted some vague things perhaps implying that he hurt her?  Not sure as I mostly got this from their shippers who are getting their little hearts broken, but IMO I do think there were some sort of feelings there.  But I don't think Alan hurt her by any means.  I get the impression that Alexis likes men that are free to follow her around the world on her trips and who don't hold down the types of jobs that require staying in spot for awhile.  Hence, not having time for her.  Meanwhile Alan is on a 3 month tour and of course he's not going to give up his DWTS gig to be a social media influencer with her.

Anyway, also in relation to tour, while the show still seems to draw large crowds in the audience, one thing I've noticed is that supposedly the meet and greet and mingles aren't having great turnouts.  I presume that means folks are willing to shell out money to attend the show, but don't care enough to shell out additional money to meet the pros/celebs.  I honestly don't totally know the difference between M&G and mingle, but in some cities they have combined the two things since not enough people have had VIP tickets.  I think M&G is just standing in line for a picture and mingle is a couple of pros hanging around with the VIP people and chatting. 

I'm not sure if that shows waning interest in the show, lack of disposable income/too high ticket prices, or they have done the tour so many times now that the types of super obsessed DWTS fans that would buy VIP are over it so they have probably already done it several times.  I also think it probably doesn't help to have the revolving door of celebs on tour so people are only going to want to see the celebs they like.  The tour show seemed its most cohesive when Milo was there for a few weeks.  It also sounds like plenty of the people at the shows are still pissed about Bobby so his presence here and there might not help.  People are bitter.

Also speaking of bitter, Bobby and Sharna are still on their let's fight the haters thing.  But on Bobby's radio show, Sharna did imply that there were definitely pros/celebs that weren't happy about their win or who didn't congratulate them.  And of course Sharna did her whole...I am always happy for whoever wins so I don't get why people are acting this way routine, but at least Bobby/Sharna were smart enough not to name names when pressed.  Of course it opened the door to speculation and who hadn't congratulated them online.  I suspect Cheryl is one since she's fairly no nonsense, is probably still pissed about JP, and I don't think she much cares about kissing ass to a bunch of pros she's not close to anyway.  Some think maybe Witney for obvious Milo reasons, but it's all speculation. 

Also I don't really care if somebody doesn't bend over backwards to congratulate them.  There is a big difference between just not saying anything versus actual badmouthing, etc. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, spanana said:

She's also supposedly posted some vague things perhaps implying that he hurt her? 

I've seen her tweets and in my opinion, people who assume she's talking about Alan is because they still want to believe there was anything real between those two. Vague is an understatement for her tweets. She makes not a hint of reference to anyone and hell, some of the tweets could even be read as her talking about the loss of her mother or maybe a friendship, etc. Basically there has been nothing in my opinion, in Alexis' social media activities that suggest these things were directed at Alan.

Of course I won't deny that I'm of the opinion that I still don't buy there was ever anything between those two. And frankly I think her unfollowing him is probably an attempt to hope the delusional shippers finally get a clue and let it go, since many of them were still commenting on anything she posted asking about Alan and talking about how they'll find their way back to each other because what they have is so special or whatever. Like spare me. Not to mention Alexis never even followed Alan on Twitter. She followed him and some other cast members on Instagram but her Twitter follow list is very short and the only person from the show she follows there, is you guessed it, Milo. 

Who by the way she was hanging out with this past week and who she tweeted about calling and wanting to FaceTime with while she was in Mexico for New Year's Day and he was on the tour. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

I don't put much stock in twitter follows just in the sense that most of the youngins are far more invested in instagram.  Most of these "kids" barely tweet, so I think instagram follows are generally a bigger deal in that age bracket.  It's probably the choice social media platform at the moment. That said, Alexis did unfollow Alan so whether that was real or calculated, she is at the very least pretending that they cut ties.  Whatever it is though, Alan seems to be ignoring publicly and just dong his regular tour thing and hanging with his friends.

• Love 1