Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Party with the Zeros

Episode Description:

Vasquez must face his past. Murphy collides with an old enemy ... and Gina Gershon reigns supreme.

Gina Gershon ... yowza !!

ETA:  2nd better episode description from the show's Youtube channel

Captured by the Zeros, the heroes are taken to their compound to meet their leader, La Reina, who reveals her plans to institute a new form of democracy, which she invites them to join. Meanwhile, Dr. Kurian announces that his refined Z-Vaccine is ready for human trials; and Vasquez decides there's no time like the present to exact his revenge on Escorpion.
Edited by ottoDbusdriver

At this point I'm okay with Murphy dying. I can't stand to look at his fugliness anymore.

I was watching this episode thinking that some of the actors must have read the script thinking "Oh, hey, I got no lines this time around. Gonna go chill in my trailer cause I got nothing to study."

I wonder what's going on with Vazquez and Warren, they hinted very strongly that there's some hidden plan there.

The gang looked hot after their make over. Except Murphy. Nothing to do there.

To be continued .... Noooooooooo !!!!!!!!

It was makeover week for the group -- I didn't like Addie's hair at all, 10K was weirded out from his foot massage, Doc's hair, beard and mustache was hysterical, but Roberta was smoking hot.  Wow !!

I'm surprised that the group has yet to encounter the Zona on their trip from the Grand Canyon to Trump's wall along the Mexican border.  Maybe they should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque.

http://www.syfy.com/znation/maps/

I'm trying to figure out how Escorpion and his crew gets around -- from Cheyenne, Wyoming to Minnesota to somewhere near Memphis to Arizona/Mexico, how is he able to cross country so quickly with fuel supplies going south after 4 years of the ZA ?  That's a lot if country to cover.

Citizen Z was noticeably absent yet again.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

I know Nat Zang isn't the greatest actor in the world, but he is damn pretty (especially all cleaned up) and it would be nice if he could speak a couple of lines.  More than one, anyway.  It's not like they have to give him a soliloquy or something. 

I think this was an interesting episode, and I like that there isn't a two month (three month?) hiatus like a certain other zombie show where EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE QUIET.  Ahem.  Anyway.  I am curious to see what happens, especially if Vasquez can be mind controlled by Murphy.  That won't end well..

Edited by Peanut

Well, at least the crew got cleaned up.  I liked 10K's expression when he was getting the foot massage.  I don't like anyone messing with my feet unless it's a podiatrist.  Roberta was smokin' hot.

I like Gina Gershon but I feel like they could've gotten a Latina actress who could do an actual or at least more convincing Mexican accent. Every time she talked I cringed. I know this show is mostly fantasy and camp but her portrayal of La Reina seemed to be edging right up against a stereotypical line, IMO.

Once they all got cleaned and dolled up, I was hoping Roberta and Vasquez could finally get it on. Alas, it looks like Vasquez is going to be losing the critical getting-it-on functionality--maybe. If he does get turned into Murphy's zombie-bot, I hope he at least gets to keep his killer body.

• Love 2

Well, at least the crew got cleaned up.  I liked 10K's expression when he was getting the foot massage.  I don't like anyone messing with my feet unless it's a podiatrist.  Roberta was smokin' hot.

I kind of assumed the guy rubbing his feet who winked at him was subtly hitting on 10k which is why 10 k was all disturbed. It is getting sad that 10 k never gets any drugs or sex. I think everyone but him has gotten laid or drugged up (Doc). 

Murphy has stopped being amusing for me. He seems to be actively working against humanity's survival instead of just dragging his feet about being helpful. At this point I don't know why they just don't hit him over the head and stuff him in the trunk of a car. He's usually causing more trouble than he resolves.

• Love 2

I am way behind in watching this show but trying to catch up before the new season gets too far. If anyone is still looking at this board, can you remind me how Murphy and Kurian were previously connected? They acted like they had been working together or helping each other in the past, but I thought Kurian was an evil scientist who wanted to capture Murphy to use him for experiments. However, I could be remembering wrong.

In any case, this episode was over-the-top ridiculous even for a show that intends to be ridiculous. I guess they were satirizing telenovelas, but things were just dragged out too much for it to be entertaining.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:43 PM, Paloma said:

I am way behind in watching this show but trying to catch up before the new season gets too far. If anyone is still looking at this board, can you remind me how Murphy and Kurian were previously connected? They acted like they had been working together or helping each other in the past, but I thought Kurian was an evil scientist who wanted to capture Murphy to use him for experiments. However, I could be remembering wrong.

You may recall in the series pilot Murphy acquired his immunity to the Z virus via an injection given to him by the lovely Dr. Merch as part of an experimental trial conducted on prisoners; three prisoners were actually injected - each with a different variant of the experimental serum - but Murphy was the only prisoner to survive.  

Dr. Kurian makes his debut in the S1 finale, in which it is revealed he was the creator of both (a) the Z virus itself and (b) the experimental sera with which the prisoners were injected.  The group first encounters Kurian at a government lab in Fort Collins, Colorado pretty much by accident.  While the group was en route to the supposedly still-functioning CDC facility in California, Citizen Z uncovered information indicating Dr. Merch was in the Fort Collins lab and redirected the group; they went looking for Merch, and found Kurian.

• Love 1

Thanks, Nashville. I did remember most of that but thought that when the group found Kurian at Fort Collins he tried to capture and hurt or kill Murphy, thus in the current episode Murphy should not have greeted him as if they had been working cooperatively in the past. Again, I could be remembering this incorrectly.