Type keyword(s) to search

Coach Charming - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Bill does seem sincere in his coaching and love for pageants, but I truly do not get men who identify as straight but choose to adopt stereotypical gay mannerisms. Why so camp? I wish he'd address it on the show.

Otherwise, I've only seen 4 episodes but good lord, the girls he works with are such dimwits. Perhaps his higher echelon clients didn't want to be filmed.

I might hire him as my coach but probably not as my attorney.

(edited)
Bill does seem sincere in his coaching and love for pageants, but I truly do not get men who identify as straight but choose to adopt stereotypical gay mannerisms. Why so camp? I wish he'd address it on the show.

Me, too.  All kinds of questions about this.  I felt like they "started to go there" when they touched on the fact Bill had been bullied as a youth.  I wish they had -- that would have been a good opportunity.

I looked for the show last night, too, and was disappointed not to see it!  ETA: Just found two "new" episodes on my OnDemand that hadn't previously been there -- "Forgot to Fry the Chicken" and "Come at Me, Panther."    I feel like those were the best episodes yet, so I'm really hoping this show continues!

Edited by SuspiciousMind

Ugh, so annoying - I cannot find the show anywhere on my TV now. Hopefully it will pop back up.

Why do we think Bill is identifying as straight? I assumed he is gay - formerly married, fathered children, perhaps on the down low...then a divorce and he's inching out of the closet. Or simply lives his life now without proclaiming anything one way or the other. But definitely gay.

Oh, and he has a phenomenal body.

Edited by pasdetrois

I assumed he is gay - formerly married, fathered children, perhaps on the down low...then a divorce and he's inching out of the closet. Or simply lives his life now without proclaiming anything one way or the other. But definitely gay.

This is my assumption too. Even from the NYT magazine article I mentioned above, I thought "He's gay. He is, isn't he?" 

Who cares if he is gay? He is a very funny, very handsome guy with good kids and good friends. He treats people warmly and with sincerity. He seems to be well-liked by everyone. All I need to know is that he is very entertaining to me. Hope his show comes back.

I hope this show comes back too.

I love the dynamic between Bill and his daughter-in-law.

And I love that by acting so flamboyantly he gets away with really ripping his trainees sometimes. 

My cable provider just ran all of season one and I binge-watched. Last year half the season was shown, and the show disappeared off my TV, so it was great to see all the episodes finally.

As much as I enjoyed this the first time, Bill seemed a bit frantic and desperate for attention on reviewing. But if we're headed for a second season I'm still in.

The older ladies are comic gold. Tammy the temp secretary and the local waitresses don't take any guff off of Bill.