Type keyword(s) to search

Basketball Wives LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, zenme said:

So, is Carl still married? How come Tami insinuated Evelyn is a side piece? Was he married when they got together?

I read that Carl has two kids by an ex-girlfriend, but I don't think he's ever been married. Tami was referring to discovering that Evelyn had an affair with her ex-husband Kenny Anderson while they were married. Long story short, Evelyn claims she didn't know Kenny was married at the time and she didn't know how or when to tell Tami about it. They got into an argument (shocker, I know!) and Evelyn said Tami was a "non muthafuckin' factor, bitch". Then Tami hit her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On April 19, 2017 at 9:28 PM, rmcrae said:

Right? Better yet, get off of reality TV and do something else. Help motivate other women in ways that don't involve getting cursed out and possibly beaten down by Tami. Speaking of Tami, I cannot stand that woman. To call her a violent, belligerent fool would be the understatement of all time. She's not only hateful. She revels in it.

If Evelyn really thinks she is going to take this show in a positive direction, she should have a quick chat with Kim Fields.  You can come on these shows with the purest of intentions, wanting to be a role model, a combination of Kate Middleton, Beyonce and Mother Teresa, but trouble finds you on these shows, especially when you've got a reality TV lifer like Tami with nothing to lose.  

• Love 4

Tami seriously disgusts me. She is waaaay too damn old to be acting like such an idiot. Does she think she's cute acting like a fool?  I'm not a violent person but I wish Tami would open her stupid mouth to the wrong person and get her ass beat hard.  Is she serious talking about having a baby?   Isn't she almost 50?  She's not only a violent fool, she's stupid.  Evelyn never said she didnt do an interview about Tami, she said she didnt say the things Tami accused her of, which she didnt say. 

I love how Jackie treats the person who helped her grandson.  If Jackie could have helped, why the hell didnt she? There must have been a damn good reason why her daughter reached out to strangers instead of asking her mom for help.   I laughed when she said that Evelyn showed her the respect she "deserves".  Bitch, nobody DESERVES respect, respect is earned and she has done nothing to earn it. 

I think this is going to be one of the shows I stop watching and just keep up on here. These women do nothing but piss me the hell off, its not good for my blood pressure. All of your comments are better than the show anyway. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 7
On 4/20/2017 at 10:22 PM, rmcrae said:

Tami was referring to discovering that Evelyn had an affair with her ex-husband Kenny Anderson while they were married.

I think the poster is referring to the conversation at the end between Tami and Shaunie, when Tami questioned how Evelyn's going to try and convince people she's changed when even now she's fucking a married man. So it did sound like she was saying Evelyn is Carl's side piece. 

On 4/19/2017 at 1:26 AM, Watermelon said:

I can almost believe Ev didn't know what's his name was married....but that's because I don't know basketball and have never heard of him. My issue is.....that was 6-ish years ago.  How have we redecided to be angry Ev has hoe tendencies?

Yes, you wouldn't know Tami's husband because you don't know basketball. However, it's a fact that's been talked about since this franchise first started and Evelyn was on the very first season, that she was a known basketball groupie for years, trying to land herself an NBA husband. So that's what made most people call bullshit on her claims that she didn't know Kenny was married. Kenny was a fairly well known basketball player and his being married was also public record because before Tami met him, she'd been on The Real World (yes that's how long Tami's been on reality television).

No way, someone going around the league like Evelyn was, didn't know Kenny was married. Oh and this wasn't six years ago - try 20 plus years ago, which again just tells you how old these women are, acting the way they do. The interview Tami was talking about where Evelyn said stuff about her, was what was four years ago.

On 4/13/2017 at 0:08 AM, sunsheyen said:

yup, the 'side piece' to Iggy's man. 

In the interest of fairness, as she explained in the episode and that was confirmed by black twitter and Media Takeout and all these publications, she was with him before Iggy met him because she's been with him long before he went pro and got into the NBA. So Iggy was really the side chick until he left Keonna for Iggy (I don't know if Iggy knew he was with someone but I wouldn't be surprised if she did. Much like when Britney got with Federline and knew he was with Shar Jackson, who had one child with and was pregnant at the time he left her for Britney). Except he never actually left Keonna as she pointed out. Nick Young was a shit to both Keonna and Iggy and both women should have wanted more for themselves. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think the poster is referring to the conversation at the end between Tami and Shaunie, when Tami questioned how Evelyn's going to try and convince people she's changed when even now she's fucking a married man. So it did sound like she was saying Evelyn is Carl's side piece.

Oh. I didn't see the last five minutes or so so I missed that. Thanks.

• Love 1

No way, someone going around the league like Evelyn was, didn't know Kenny was married.

So true. I've never attended a game, but even I knew Kenny Anderson was married to Tami "It Wasn't Not Funny" Roman back in the day. Evelyn ran up and through that entire league. She knew EXACTLY who Tami was -- even before she slept with Tami's soon-to-be ex.

Trying to decide if I'll continue watching this season. Seems like they're going to be rehashing a near decade-old beef and that doesn't seem too promising. Man, what I wouldn't give to have Heather B. (anyone remember her?) marry an NBA player so she can come on and put the fear of GAWD into Tami. I'd be guaranteed to stay around for that.

• Love 10
On 4/22/2017 at 8:14 AM, eXiled said:

So true. I've never attended a game, but even I knew Kenny Anderson was married to Tami "It Wasn't Not Funny" Roman back in the day. Evelyn ran up and through that entire league. She knew EXACTLY who Tami was -- even before she slept with Tami's soon-to-be ex.

Trying to decide if I'll continue watching this season. Seems like they're going to be rehashing a near decade-old beef and that doesn't seem too promising. Man, what I wouldn't give to have Heather B. (anyone remember her?) marry an NBA player so she can come on and put the fear of GAWD into Tami. I'd be guaranteed to stay around for that.

Who is Heather B?

1 hour ago, GodBless13 said:

Who is Heather B?

Heather B was on the first season of Real World, in NYC.  Tami was on the second season of the Real World, in LA.  

More importantly, when MTV did a group reunion after the fourth or fifth season of the show, Tami complained about the editing that portrayed her as a crazy, mean bitch and Heather B shut her down, infamously saying something like, "They can only show what you give them!  If you didn't act crazy, they wouldn't be able to show it."

This was a pivotal moment in early reality TV history, children!

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, ninjago said:

Heather B was on the first season of Real World, in NYC.  Tami was on the second season of the Real World, in LA.  

More importantly, when MTV did a group reunion after the fourth or fifth season of the show, Tami complained about the editing that portrayed her as a crazy, mean bitch and Heather B shut her down, infamously saying something like, "They can only show what you give them!  If you didn't act crazy, they wouldn't be able to show it."

Thank you for letting me know. It's appreciated. I never seen the first season of Real World or the second season with Tami.

Based on your description it seems those were really great seasons...I will have to watch it as I'm curious to see Heather B. Plus most people say the earlier seasons of Real World were much better compared to the later seasons. I like what she said to Tami that makes a lot of sense. Tami over reacts to any little thing like hearing she was being messy from Jackie. She's always ready to fight somebody. Jackie is a nut case but she cracks me up :D

LOL it sure seems like it. Based on your description it seems Heather B (as quoted by eXiled) would make a great addition to Basketball Wives.

14 hours ago, ninjago said:

Beautifully explained.  One of the best moments of a reunion show I have ever seen.  Yes, I'm old enough to have watched it live.  Heather B is now a co-host on The Sway in the Morning show.  I'm actually surprised that Tami hasn't been on the show considering their history with Real World.

13 hours ago, GodBless13 said:

Thank you for letting me know. It's appreciated. I never seen the first season of Real World or the second season with Tami.

Based on your description it seems those were really great seasons...I will have to watch it as I'm curious to see Heather B. Plus most people say the earlier seasons of Real World were much better compared to the later seasons. I like what she said to Tami that makes a lot of sense. Tami over reacts to any little thing like hearing she was being messy from Jackie. She's always ready to fight somebody. Jackie is a nut case but she cracks me up :D

LOL it sure seems like it. Based on your description it seems Heather B (as quoted by eXiled) would make a great addition to Basketball Wives.

I would recommend if you get a chance to watch the first few seasons of The Real World please do.  Back then it was an interesting "social experiment" of young 20 some things from all different walks of life, living together, exploring a new city learning about each other's cultures.  It was really interesting television.

Now unfortunately the show has turned into gathering fame hungry 20 some things who just want to get exposure and get drunk all day.  The show has dropped in quality tremendously, but man those first few seasons of the show are just perfect reflections of society in the early 90's.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Beautifully explained.  One of the best moments of a reunion show I have ever seen.  Yes, I'm old enough to have watched it live.  Heather B is now a co-host on The Sway in the Morning show.  I'm actually surprised that Tami hasn't been on the show considering their history with Real World.

I would recommend if you get a chance to watch the first few seasons of The Real World please do.  Back then it was an interesting "social experiment" of young 20 some things from all different walks of life, living together, exploring a new city learning about each other's cultures.  It was really interesting television.

Now unfortunately the show has turned into gathering fame hungry 20 some things who just want to get exposure and get drunk all day.  The show has dropped in quality tremendously, but man those first few seasons of the show are just perfect reflections of society in the early 90's.

I watched it live, too, Grandma ;)!

It is almost unimaginable now what the first couple seasons of the Real World were like, not least of all because people, even TAMI, had shame about the way they behaved on camera for all of America to see.  They didn't purposely act like a lunatic in the hopes of parlaying it into a lifelong career of being an ass on TV.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, ninjago said:

I watched it live, too, Grandma ;)!

It is almost unimaginable now what the first couple seasons of the Real World were like, not least of all because people, even TAMI, had shame about the way they behaved on camera for all of America to see.  They didn't purposely act like a lunatic in the hopes of parlaying it into a lifelong career of being an ass on TV.

So true.  The drama back then was definitely real but nothing really scandalous.  The biggest dramatic event that happened in those first few years was David ripping the blanket off of Tami and her reaction "It wasn't not funny".  That and the San Francisco roommates kicking out Puck.  So scandalous in the early nineties, now so tame.

What is really ironic is that Tami for all of her issues is honest to god a really good actress.  After The Real World, she got into acting and has done some decent tv work over the years, popping up on shows here and there.  Her last big role was on Halle Berry's Extant, before the show got retooled her role was supposed to be expanded to a co-star role.  As crazy as Tami is, she impressed Steven Spielberg enough to hire her.

• Love 3
On 4/27/2017 at 0:39 AM, JBC344 said:

So true.  The drama back then was definitely real but nothing really scandalous.  The biggest dramatic event that happened in those first few years was David ripping the blanket off of Tami and her reaction "It wasn't not funny".  That and the San Francisco roommates kicking out Puck.  So scandalous in the early nineties, now so tame.

What is really ironic is that Tami for all of her issues is honest to god a really good actress.  After The Real World, she got into acting and has done some decent tv work over the years, popping up on shows here and there.  Her last big role was on Halle Berry's Extant, before the show got retooled her role was supposed to be expanded to a co-star role.  As crazy as Tami is, she impressed Steven Spielberg enough to hire her.

I enjoyed her on "Moonlight" as the newsroom boss. She really does have a little bit of acting chops. 

On 4/27/2017 at 7:30 AM, announcergirl said:

I enjoyed the Real World in those days, too. I will say that Tami was the same mean spirit back then. The false accusations and subsequent persecution of David was a prime example. He was wrongly accused.

I think a lot of that was due to Beth's hypeman behavior. I'm not excusing Tami, but in that timeframe (and immediately following Challenges and such), Beth was the one who "understood" and milked the reality drama factor. Tami had drama/famewhoring in her system (on air jaw wiring, next En Vogue girl group) but she wasn't malicious like Beth. She was very open with her AIDS work and the emotional toll it took on her as well as her abortion. 

guess i just outed myself as being old too.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 7

Another Grandma reporting in :) I watched the original and much like Tanisha on BGC, Tami and Beth put the Real World on the map and parlayed the show into the "good looking slackers who bring drama" that it came to be over the years. The first season the cast was moderately attractive and intelligent. Tami made them realize that America likes drama and crazy people and the seasons got more wild as time went on.

All this manufactured drama between her, Jackie and Evelyn is just sad and pathetic. And not in the can't wait to watch next week sort of way. 

• Love 4

it's so weird to me how Tami seems to REALLY not see herself as messy.  Because there was nothing wrong with what Evelyn said, and it only becomes an issue if you have a spirit of messiness to read into it.

• Love 9

Jackie continues to forget that she's on camera and continues to straight up lie every time she speaks to someone.  Did anyone catch how last week she told Evelyn she couldn't access the link Tami sent her, but then on this episode she told Tami that she never opened the message?  That and her fabricated story to Evelyn about how things went at her party, followed by her fabricated story to Tami about what she told Evelyn. 

Evelyn needs to stop with the "we're not in high school anymore"s because not that long ago she was leaping and running over tables to slap someone (was it Jennifer, who showed up in this episode?) upside their head. 

And word @Watermelon about Tami not realizing how messy she is.  She also kept saying she doesn't do drama, and I was like, "girl, when don't you do drama?"  Even her daughters know her dramatic ass well enough to remove her from the situation.  Delusional.

Although, Tami looked absolutely gorgeous when she was in the kitchen, with no makeup and her hair pulled back, talking to her husband.  She's pretty all the time, but her behavior/attitude is not cute.  However, the fresh face was absolutely stunning.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

Jackie continues to forget that she's on camera and continues to straight up lie every time she speaks to someone.  Did anyone catch how last week she told Evelyn she couldn't access the link Tami sent her, but then on this episode she told Tami that she never opened the message?  That and her fabricated story to Evelyn about how things went at her party, followed by her fabricated story to Tami about what she told Evelyn. 

Evelyn needs to stop with the "we're not in high school anymore"s because not that long ago she was leaping and running over tables to slap someone (was it Jennifer, who showed up in this episode?) upside their head. 

And word @Watermelon about Tami not realizing how messy she is.  She also kept saying she doesn't do drama, and I was like, "girl, when don't you do drama?"  Even her daughters know her dramatic ass well enough to remove her from the situation.  Delusional.

Although, Tami looked absolutely gorgeous when she was in the kitchen, with no makeup and her hair pulled back, talking to her husband.  She's pretty all the time, but her behavior/attitude is not cute.  However, the fresh face was absolutely stunning.  

THIS! And the minute anyone of the women says that to her she'll pop them in the mouth.

I tend to forget how attractive Tami can be as well. I'm so used to screwing up my face at her stank attitude that I only notice her belligerence and when she does her Hulk stance before she goes on the attack.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ya'll got me feeling all nostalgic with earlier seasons of The Real World (before the rachetery). I was about graduate from college when ths first season premiered--which to this day, is my favorite. I also watched the second season w/Tami, and didn't like it as much, but it was still a quality show--until  the the Vegas season, and that's when it went downhill. Heather B was--and still is---the realest chick in reality TV history.

Back on topic. I agree that Tami is very attractive; especially back in the day when she rocked the short haircut, and she really upgraded her appearance since she first appeared on the show. However, she's so volatile and toxic, I could not imagine myself hanging out with her.

What's interesting is when she was on Marriage Boot Camp, she was MUCH pleasant and likeable than  was on BBW; her only major confrontation was with Kendra Wilkerson (who actually held her own).

Edited by sereion
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, sereion said:

Ya'll got me feeling all nostalgic with earlier seasons of The Real World (before the rachetery). I was about graduate from college when ths first season premiered--which to this day, is my favorite. I also watched the second season w/Tami, and didn't like it as much, but it was still a quality show--until  the the Vegas season, and that's when it went downhill. Heather B was--and still is---the realest chick in reality TV history.

Back on topic. I agree that Tami is very attractive; especially back in the day when she rocked the short haircut, and she really upgraded her appearance since she first appeared on the show. However, she's so volatile and toxic, I could not imagine myself hanging out with her.

What's interesting is when she was on Marriage Boot Camp, she was MUCH pleasant and likeable than  was on BBW; her only major confrontation was with Kendra Wilkerson (who actually held her own).

Tami: "Don't fuck with me! I'm not that bitch!"

Kendra: "Well I AM that bitch!"

LOL!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/2/2017 at 8:36 AM, Watermelon said:

it's so weird to me how Tami seems to REALLY not see herself as messy.  Because there was nothing wrong with what Evelyn said, and it only becomes an issue if you have a spirit of messiness to read into it.

At this point, Tami's "messiness" should be categorized as her "personality disorder."

Jackie,  bullfrog neck and chokers don't go together, love. 

Did we get a new word: Salvilate?? 

• Love 6
On 4/26/2017 at 2:51 PM, JBC344 said:

I'm definitely interested in watching the earlier seasons of The Real World. I would like to compare the current ones to the ones filmed back then. Although I'm having a hard time trying to find them on line. Some websites I've come across have season 1, 2, etc of The Real World but will only have 1 link for the episode which doesn't work. Any advice as to where I can watch the earlier seasons? Would they have it on Netflix or Hulu? I'm not sure. Any feedback you have will certainly be helpful.

• Love 1
On 5/2/2017 at 11:36 AM, Watermelon said:

I agree with you 100%. I feel like Tami was reading way too much into it although there was nothing to read into. It's as if Tami just wants to hate Evelyn just to hate her. Although it was brought up that Evelyn slept with Tami's husband (I don't know the full back story on that one)

On 5/2/2017 at 8:13 PM, announcergirl said:

Did no one answer the phone when Jackie called to announce the baby's birth?! LMAO!!!!

LMAO!!! That was definitely the best part of the episode. She just kept calling people and leaving these long messages all while eating, cleaning, etc. She is too much!!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GodBless13 said:

I'm definitely interested in watching the earlier seasons of The Real World. I would like to compare the current ones to the ones filmed back then. Although I'm having a hard time trying to find them on line. Some websites I've come across have season 1, 2, etc of The Real World but will only have 1 link for the episode which doesn't work. Any advice as to where I can watch the earlier seasons? Would they have it on Netflix or Hulu? I'm not sure. Any feedback you have will certainly be helpful.

You know I wish I knew where you could view those previous seasons, I would partake myself.  I know a few years ago whenever there were holidays or MTV had a gap in there schedule they would do a rerun of the earlier seasons as sort of a "Blast from the Past" thing, but MTV is so unrecognizable to me now I have no idea if that still goes on.

5 hours ago, GodBless13 said:

I agree with you 100%. I feel like Tami was reading way too much into it although there was nothing to read into. It's as if Tami just wants to hate Evelyn just to hate her. Although it was brought up that Evelyn slept with Tami's husband (I don't know the full back story on that one)

LMAO!!! That was definitely the best part of the episode. She just kept calling people and leaving these long messages all while eating, cleaning, etc. She is too much!!

Originally when Tami and Evelyn first met on Basketball Wives Miami, they were sort of frenemies who became friends by the end of the season.  On the season finale while out at dinner Tami starts waxing poetic about how great of a friend Evelyn has been to her and how much she appreciates her in her life.  It was actually a really sweet moment from Tami.  Evelyn starts feeling guilty and confides in Tami that she slept with Kenny Anderson (Tami's ex husband) in the past.  There was actually no mention of the specific timeline at that point at least on air.  During the argument this is when Evelyn makes the infamous quote "You were a non motherfucking factor". Tami explodes and the fight ensues.

Now Tami and Evelyn subsequently made up on the show in the later seasons and were back to being friends.  Now Tami is sort of dredging up Evelyn sleeping with Kenny while he was still "married" to her, but Evelyn has always stated that when she did sleep with Kenny he wasn't "with" Tami, he was either getting divorced from her or actually divorced.  Tami seems to be getting hung up on the actual date of penetration even though her and Kenny were most likely in the process of divorce or divorced when Evelyn met him.

Anyway my feelings are that Tami has/had issue with Evelyn leaving BW to reinvent herself on OWN, and now is subsequently back on the show.  I don't know if it is jealousy or Tami feels like Evelyn thinks she is too good for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On May 7, 2017 at 5:43 PM, GodBless13 said:

I know MTV had a big problem getting the music licensing sorted for all the music they used in the early episodes-I can't hear "Finally" by CeCe Peniston without thinking of RW1!-which is why they "retired" those seasons at one point.  They have brought them back with generic music in place of the original songs, but that might be why they are hard to find.  I know MTV Classic had them on the schedule last year.

On May 7, 2017 at 11:39 PM, JBC344 said:

Anyway my feelings are that Tami has/had issue with Evelyn leaving BW to reinvent herself on OWN, and now is subsequently back on the show.  I don't know if it is jealousy or Tami feels like Evelyn thinks she is too good for them.

On the one hand, I think Tami is a hater who doesn't want to see anyone else get ahead and is reminding Ev she "knew her when".

On the other hand, I think Ev is only as "reformed" as her situation allows.  In other words, things are going well for her, she's got the rich baller and a child and is trying for another so she she's not going to let Tami get to her.  However, if (when!  haha sorry not sorry) she gets cut loose by Carl Crawford and is just another baby mama all of Iylana's counseling is going to go right out the window and she will be back to chasing people around with wine bottles and snatching wigs.

Edited by ninjago
  • Love 8

Jackie needs help and she should be getting the makeover before the new girl.

It didn't look like a muzzle - more like a gas mask

Malaysia - she always delivers the words that don't exist. She's been "celebent"

Brandi - is she still with her husband or did they divorce?

Shaunie is not anyone's friend.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Tami is the center of drama all the time but she doesn't think it's her stirring it up. Huh? For real slick?

4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Jackie needs help and she should be getting the makeover before the new girl.

It didn't look like a muzzle - more like a gas mask

Malaysia - she always delivers the words that don't exist. She's been "celebent"

Brandi - is she still with her husband or did they divorce?

Shaunie is not anyone's friend.

AG and KFB I don't know where the right place to post about the current season of Basketball Wives but folks have been posting the past couple weeks in the Season 6 thread.  Its a small group of posters, so it might be more fun if we consolidate in one thread.  Again, I'm not trying to boss you or say I'm right, just letting you know where the conversation is currently!

• Love 1

Jackie's muzzle was not a muzzle - just looked like a purple gas mask.

Did she really say it's what you wear when he *cks you in the ass?

Anyone believe her story about the grape and the titties?

I don't know how she has been able to keep Doug all these years.

Shaunie is nobody's friend

Malaysia - new word of the day she is "celebent"

Jackie - new word of the day, everybody "ponderosa'd" without her. Was Bonanza showing re-runs?

The new girl Christine/Kristine - how do you come on a show to be filmed looking like you cleaned house and did laundry all day

Brandi - is she still married to her husband or did they divorce.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ninjago said:

AG and KFB I don't know where the right place to post about the current season of Basketball Wives but folks have been posting the past couple weeks in the Season 6 thread.  Its a small group of posters, so it might be more fun if we consolidate in one thread.  Again, I'm not trying to boss you or say I'm right, just letting you know where the conversation is currently!

Well thank you cause I didn't know where everybody was!!

• Love 1
(edited)

I was right there with Tami when she burst out screaming with laughter when Jackie came with her "let's just fight" nonsense. Honestly, at this point, I have to believe Jackie has become a full blown fictional character for this show and is probably normal in her real life. Because believing this is really all her is just scary on so many levels. From the showing up to have a lunch date with Shauni dressed only in some underwear under her coat, the muzzle, talking about being fucked in her ass, her creepy animal fetish. As gross as it was, I completely agreed with Evelyn when she said Jackie's the type to put peanut butter on her vag and well, you know the rest. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I was right there with Tami when she burst out screaming with laughter when Jackie came with her "let's just fight" nonsense. Honestly, at this point, I have to believe Jackie has become a full blown fictional character for this show and is probably normal in her real life. Because believing this is really all her is just scary on so many levels. From the showing up to have a lunch date with Shauni dressed only in her some underwear under her coat, the muzzle, talking about being fucked in her ass, her creepy animal fetish. As gross as it was, I completely agreed with Evelyn when she said Tami's the type to put peanut butter on her vag and well, you know the rest. 

Jackie's the type. I agree.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:55 PM, ninjago said:

I know MTV had a big problem getting the music licensing sorted for all the music they used in the early episodes-I can't hear "Finally" by CeCe Peniston without thinking of RW1!-which is why they "retired" those seasons at one point.  They have brought them back with generic music in place of the original songs, but that might be why they are hard to find.  I know MTV Classic had them on the schedule last year.

On the one hand, I think Tami is a hater who doesn't want to see anyone else get ahead and is reminding Ev she "knew her when".

On the other hand, I think Ev is only as "reformed" as her situation allows.  In other words, things are going well for her, she's got the rich baller and a child and is trying for another so she she's not going to let Tami get to her.  However, if (when!  haha sorry not sorry) she gets cut loose by Carl Crawford and is just another baby mama all of Iylana's counseling is going to go right out the window and she will be back to chasing people around with wine bottles and snatching wigs.

I think Tami also has an issue with the fact that she and Evelyn developed a friendship (of sorts) while Evelyn knew something that Tami did not:  Evelyn slept with her husband.  Ex or not, that should have come up much earlier in their friendship.  I'd be pissed, too.  But once I had let it go, I'd let it go.  Of course, I'm not on reality tv.  Hee.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 5

I must say I'm really glad Tami & Evelyn made up. There's something about their friendship I just adore--- maybe because it seems genuine compared to all the fake friendships on reality shows. They just seem to get each other. The whole "apologize at the same time" thing cracked me up.

Jackie is certifiable.

I was kinda bummed they walked away from the Cool Sculpting appointment without getting anything done. I really want to see how that's done & what the recovery period is like. Tami was right though;  Shaunie should have done more exhaustive research than looking on Instagram.

• Love 4

I do not like the stylist; why is she here? That whole scenario with Christen was effed up. I was hurt for her. Evelyn, YOU don't even know this girl! You judged her laid back style by a pair of shorts you didn't like seeing on her. How fucked up is that?! She got a man. Obviously he's happy with her wardrobe. If he is a baller, she ain't broke. But that stylist, that stylist looked like shit. What was with the ghetto crap. I can't even! 

If Shaunie really thought the shitty stylist was talking about Shaquille then Shaunie better than me for being able to calmly sit there. Totally got a new respect for her. 

Also notice, Evelyn's thirsty wanna be a boss ass walked out with Tammie and Shaunie like she's all the way in again like Flynn.

• Love 5
(edited)

IMO Evelyn was dead ass wrong, bringing in a stylist because she doesn't like the way Cristen dresses. If I were Cristen I would've left after I popped Evelyn in her mouth!! The ghetto ass stylist was not only unprofessional, but wrong. I noticed that most of them kiss Shaunie's ass. The truth of the matter is she's no better than Tami, Jackie or Evelyn's r******* ass!!

Edited by Yolo
  • Love 3

Hmm.... I wonder what ole girl what'shername actually does for a living. Clearly she's not paying her bills being a stylist. No style & an inability to get along with others? What "top man" was putting her in the front row?

Tami cracked me up in her talking heads & she looked gorgeous. She looked stunning in that short, platinum blonde wig.

Clearly Shauni, Evelyn & Tami are the HBICs.

The next episode preview---the one girl's sister said she lied about the miscarriage & actually had an abortion---made my jaw drop.

• Love 3
(edited)

Wow, you must've really f'd up when Tami--of ALL people calls you on your messiness. That stylist was very unprofessional and out of pocket; if she wasn't so nasty, Cristen would have relented and possibly enjoy it.

I can't believe I'm defending Evelyn, but I think she had good intentions with the makeover, she probably felt it would help Cristen get out of her funk after having a miscarriage; when went all the way left, she felt guilty and apologized. 

Re: Brandi, I'm team Tami on this one; I know that's Malaysia's homegirl, but why she bring her knowing that it'll cause some friction....I forgot--it's "scripted".

As much I dislike them, I also enjoy Tami and Evelyn's friendship; they have their issues, but they clearly enjoy each other's company, and I love seeing them hanging out together.

Edited by sereion
  • Love 7
(edited)

Here I am trying to stealthily watch this shit at work, and then this bitch says, "sometimes you're not ugly; you're just broke."  Bwahahahahahaha!

giphy.gif

How the rest of the ladies in that room were able to stay silent and not laugh, I don't know, cause I failed.  And how Christen didn't just pop that chick in the mouth....more power to her.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 6
(edited)

See, I was about to delete this ep from my DVR un-watched, but now I gotta see this mess.

I still don't understand why no one has called an intervention of Jackie yet. She's in the most need of a makeover, and unlike a lot of them who are counting alimony/child support pennies, she remains married to her benefactor--meaning she can afford any necessary upgrades.

I'm really gon need someone to put a few bumper curls into her #4 Bone Straight Yaki if I'm to ever take Jackie seriously.

Edited by eXiled
n/a
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, eXiled said:

See, I was about to delete this ep from my DVR un-watched, but now I gotta see this mess.

You should watch.  I haven't laughed this much during one of these BBW episodes in a while.  

• Love 1