Type keyword(s) to search

Basketball Wives LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The way Tammy was looking at that man who was holding her, baaaby.   She's certifiably crazy.   People like her ARE scary, because they don't consider the consequences.  They focus on one thing and one thing only.   Duffy called you a liar, is that worth all of this?  Is that worth time in a Portuguese jail? and possibly pregnant in a Portuguese jail?   I also didn't like that she was allowed to dictate the mood, everybody walking on eggshells afraid to incur her wrath.  Although I understand why, but still.  She shouldn't have that much power.  She needs to go home ASAP!

Shawnee's laugh after she told her "little secret" really annoyed me.   She could have kept that to herself.   And she thought Tammy walking away while Duffy was talking was mature, really!  I don't like her.

Malaysia needs to stay out of grown folks business.

• Love 7

I feel that however the trip started, Tammie said as far as she was concerned she and Duffy had their conversation and Duffy said she had moved on and Tammy said she was good as well but if Duffy has tension with her, that she doesn't know about it.  Duffy then said I don't have a problem with you but after thinking about it, she had a problem with Tammie.  It could of ended but Duffy decided to tack on something (Tammy is a liar) to keep it going.  I smell a producer driven rat.  Nobdy wanted that disagreement over more than Duffy.  All of a sudden she remembered what her problem with Tammy was but when asked the day before it was all good.  GTFOH.

• Love 2

Tami is a psycho. Is that really how a woman who has had difficulty getting pregnant and thinks she might be pregnant acts?  Tami's issue with Duffy was that Duffy didn't cower to her.

Anyone else see that shiny egg growing on Tami's head during the last scene.  Looks like Duffy got one good hit in.

I thought Brandi was gonna break that little old man she danced with in two.  He was so tiny next to her, yet so excited!  Lol!

Duffy, great lipstick color, but next time, use a slightly darker lip liner.

I did not notice last week that the Angel's were on the trip.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, appledumpling said:

The way Tammy was looking at that man who was holding her, baaaby.   She's certifiably crazy.   People like her ARE scary, because they don't consider the consequences.  They focus on one thing and one thing only.   Duffy called you a liar, is that worth all of this?  Is that worth time in a Portuguese jail? and possibly pregnant in a Portuguese jail?   I also didn't like that she was allowed to dictate the mood, everybody walking on eggshells afraid to incur her wrath.  Although I understand why, but still.  She shouldn't have that much power.  She needs to go home ASAP!

Shawnee's laugh after she told her "little secret" really annoyed me.   She could have kept that to herself.   And she thought Tammy walking away while Duffy was talking was mature, really!  I don't like her.

Malaysia needs to stay out of grown folks business.

WELL SAID DUMPLING!! I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD SHAUNIE IS NOT WHO SHE "APPEARED" TO BE!!!!!

A couple things regarding the Tami Roman showdown lol...

- how could 3 security guards not contain Tami??? Lol!!! 

- Brandi looks like she got beat up the most in that scuffle

- I cannot stand Duffy talking so tuff. She kept backing up, wasn't even approaching Tami until the guard literally had her arms 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, tumamita said:

A couple things regarding the Tami Roman showdown lol...

- how could 3 security guards not contain Tami??? Lol!!! 

- Brandi looks like she got beat up the most in that scuffle

- I cannot stand Duffy talking so tuff. She kept backing up, wasn't even approaching Tami until the guard literally had her arms 

True. She let Brandi take the burnt of the fight.

• Love 4

I had a childhood friend (our mothers were close friends).  We were on and off friends for over 25 years.  Tammi's actions/affect/mannerisms remind me soooooo much of my bipolar ex friend it is down right scary.  The way Tammi acts is the exact way my friend used to act when she was off her bipolar meds (for whatever reason) and doing opiates.

The last day I spoke to my ex friend was this - "think" (Tammi just the way she was acting before she raged on Duffey).  My friend was semi-calm but irritated because the printer was malfunctioning at my place of work and I could not print out a document she asked me to.  It was no big deal and I told her I'd get it the next day.

My friend picked me up from work and when she heard I failed to get the piece of paper she wanted she very calmly pulled the car over on a very busy city street, yanked me out of the car like a rag doll,  grabbed my sleeveless blouse and yanked it off my body so fast it was like the "tablecloth" trick.  I was standing in the street in my bra and my work skirt.  It all happened so fast but ohhhh, man, Tammi's crazy expressions and her over the top, violent behavior reminds me of my friend to a T.

My friend was also talking about people needing their asses beat, snatching people up, dragging them around, having to go to jail because she had to kick someone's ass.  No thank you.  Tammi should not be on the show.  She is too violent.  I know that will probably never happen because she's Shaunie's cash cow and she brings the crazy.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, beesknees said:

I had a childhood friend (our mothers were close friends).  We were on and off friends for over 25 years.  Tammi's actions/affect/mannerisms remind me soooooo much of my bipolar ex friend it is down right scary.  The way Tammi acts is the exact way my friend used to act when she was off her bipolar meds (for whatever reason) and doing opiates.

The last day I spoke to my ex friend was this - "think" (Tammi just the way she was acting before she raged on Duffey).  My friend was semi-calm but irritated because the printer was malfunctioning at my place of work and I could not print out a document she asked me to.  It was no big deal and I told her I'd get it the next day.

My friend picked me up from work and when she heard I failed to get the piece of paper she wanted she very calmly pulled the car over on a very busy city street, yanked me out of the car like a rag doll,  grabbed my sleeveless blouse and yanked it off my body so fast it was like the "tablecloth" trick.  I was standing in the street in my bra and my work skirt.  It all happened so fast but ohhhh, man, Tammi's crazy expressions and her over the top, violent behavior reminds me of my friend to a T.

My friend was also talking about people needing their asses beat, snatching people up, dragging them around, having to go to jail because she had to kick someone's ass.  No thank you.  Tammi should not be on the show.  She is too violent.  I know that will probably never happen because she's Shaunie's cash cow and she brings the crazy.

I think you might be on to something here...undiagnosed bi-polar would explain A LOT. AND the longer it goes untreated, the worse it gets. Perhaps we've been watching Tami mentally unravel after all these years. 

Hmph. Whatever it is, it ain't cute. Not at 50.  No ma'am. 

• Love 2

I agree your on to something BEESKNEES because who acts like that because someone called them a liar?  Only someone who has mental issues.  They have a lot of strength when they are having an episode.  Which explains why your ex-friend was able to yank you out of the car and Tammy could barely be contained.  That one man was able to pin her to a wall but he still had a hard time, she gave him a death stare.

You can't be right in the head when you don't even care about your own welfare in a foreign county.

• Love 3

That was not how I wanted the fight to go. I'm really disappointed. Is there no one that can tame that wolf?! Like seriously. She gets more, and more power every time one of these incidents happen and people continue to build her up as this unbeatable legend. Crazy. All that damn talk and Duffy caved. The whole reality universe was counting on her. Maaaaannnn!

Ok, also- I am 45 and think about this kid thing a lot. Part of me wants to be sympathetic to Tammy's plight, if not just for my own selfish reasons. Looking at my own abilities and future. But with all that horrid man acting she did, running to fight and bully someone, I can't give her my tears. No ma'am.

• Love 4

I was thinking the same thing. It sounds so cruel, but when Tami was acting crazy and running the streets of Lisbon, I kept thinking she doesn't need to be having a baby right now. She needs intense therapy--something. A visit from Iyanla would be better than nothing, but she needs real help. She's very unstable.

• Love 4
On 10/10/2016 at 1:21 AM, Jade Foxx said:

Tami needs an elephant tranquilizer. This is not entertainment. 

Prior to the lunch with the ladies, Tami already told Shaunie about the possibility of pregnancy.

Fast forward to the lunch, where she proceeds to try to fight, runs around willy nilly in another country, and smokes twice - I don't think she really "thought" she was pregnant, she just said it for a storyline.

She has said before with her boyfriend she has no problem getting pregnant, she has problems carrying to full term...a woman truly wanting a child would not jeopardize her body for someone she considered irrelevant nor would she SMOKE if she thought she was preggars.

I don't find Tami's antics any worse than Jackie's. I still laugh when I think about that event planner that got crushed by Jackie's beached whale impersonation.

I don't know why...but Duffy annoys me...Brandi looks like she took the brunt of Tami's swings

• Love 3
On 10/17/2016 at 3:14 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Prior to the lunch with the ladies, Tami already told Shaunie about the possibility of pregnancy.

Fast forward to the lunch, where she proceeds to try to fight, runs around willy nilly in another country, and smokes twice - I don't think she really "thought" she was pregnant, she just said it for a storyline.

She has said before with her boyfriend she has no problem getting pregnant, she has problems carrying to full term...a woman truly wanting a child would not jeopardize her body for someone she considered irrelevant nor would she SMOKE if she thought she was preggars.

This right here.  See either you're about that 40 week life and calibrate accordingly OR continue unabated with your ratchet ass carryon, but together, these are mutually exclusive.  I mean is this dude supposed to watch this episode like:  ok so after thinking you might be carrying my baby, you sprinted down the street chasing a minibus, then put yourself in the position of being physically restrained (a second time) by the show's 350lb bouncer, in between which you had at least one Newport (and possibly some brown liquor)?  All while confidently suspicious enough that you were pregnant to take a test?   I can't tell which of their judgment is worse.

Shani has approached and severed my last nerve with her emotionally immature giggly bullshit.   Lipo off one of your chins, count your fat stacks and sit your superior ass down somedamnwhere.   And take Malaysia's jealous shit-stirring self with you.  Petty bitch.

I was fistpumping Duffy until the struggle table read.    This needs to happen schoolyard style.  Meet me out back at 3:15, no hardware, no cops, no help.  First one to punk out, bleed, or cry loses.   Or Tami could, you know, just act her age.   I know it's not gracious to wish for someone to have their ass beat down to the white meat but Tami getting some is one of only 3 things on my Christmas wish list so far.    Where the hell is Evelyn Lozada when you need her?

Now that Doug pulled a #foreverChristie we're never gonna hear the end of it huh?    That was lovely but I'm super shitty.  I was like she might be a lil musty walking around all day, they just gone beat faces and snatch hair but ain't nobody gone shower?   Oh ok. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Shani has approached and severed my last nerve with her emotionally immature giggly bullshit.   Lipo off one of your chins, count your fat stacks and sit your superior ass down somedamnwhere.

This!  So much.  I cannot stand her superiority act.  Pushing out Shaq's big-headed kids doesn't make you better than anyone else.  Also can't stand her hypocrisy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

This!  So much.  I cannot stand her superiority act.  Pushing out Shaq's big-headed kids doesn't make you better than anyone else.  Also can't stand her hypocrisy.

Yes to both of these!!! All of it! I can't stand her more than I can't stand Tammy- and THAT is bad!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Well that sucked. And, they knew it so wisely didn't try to make it multiple parts. Worse part, Tammy gets to keep selling damn wolf tickets.

The fact that Tami kept her ass in that seat and didn't come for Duffey was telling enough. That two-piece Duffey gave her in Portugal had Tami acting damned near civilized. After all, if you're so tough, why you gotta wait for a boxing event? Jump on her now. She knew better.

These women are the absolute worst. Tami's always been trash and then you've got Shaunie waving her "magic Producer powers" around like a wand. Both of these chickens are too old for this. And they're not even smart or inventive Mean Girls. The reason Duffey has to keep saying she's successful is because y'all keep saying that she isn't, dummies. And Shaunie, if you want us to believe you can fire people at will, it probably isn't helpful to have the last woman you tried that with, sitting across from you and discussing the season.

And I'm so over Malaysia. She couldn't take Duffey from the start and it showed in every interaction. She's a hater. And Angel Love? Girl, you had your big moment and still fucked it up, stumbling over words and shit lol If anyone needs to not come back, it's her.

And I have a feeling that Angel Brinks is about to pull a Draya on us. "I just want to wish all of the girls all of the best". lol Smart girl. Get out of this mess while you can.

And who edited this thing? The editing job was laughable. And that had to be the worst reality show audience ever. And I watch The Bad Girls Club. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Dream Boy said:

The fact that Tami kept her ass in that seat and didn't come for Duffey was telling enough. That two-piece Duffey gave her in Portugal had Tami acting damned near civilized. After all, if you're so tough, why you gotta wait for a boxing event? Jump on her now. She knew better.

These women are the absolute worst. Tami's always been trash and then you've got Shaunie waving her "magic Producer powers" around like a wand. Both of these chickens are too old for this. And they're not even smart or inventive Mean Girls. The reason Duffey has to keep saying she's successful is because y'all keep saying that she isn't, dummies. And Shaunie, if you want us to believe you can fire people at will, it probably isn't helpful to have the last woman you tried that with, sitting across from you and discussing the season.

And I'm so over Malaysia. She couldn't take Duffey from the start and it showed in every interaction. She's a hater. And Angel Love? Girl, you had your big moment and still fucked it up, stumbling over words and shit lol If anyone needs to not come back, it's her.

And I have a feeling that Angel Brinks is about to pull a Draya on us. "I just want to wish all of the girls all of the best". lol Smart girl. Get out of this mess while you can.

And who edited this thing? The editing job was laughable. And that had to be the worst reality show audience ever. And I watch The Bad Girls Club. 

Yes!!!! All of this!! All that damn money and Shaunie acts Luke she never had any power.  She is a walking stereotype. And everyone ganging up on Duffy- whew. Jackie is straight lesbian. See what I did there?

• Love 1
On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 9:45 PM, announcergirl said:

Yes!!!! All of this!! All that damn money and Shaunie acts Luke she never had any power.  She is a walking stereotype. And everyone ganging up on Duffy- whew. Jackie is straight lesbian. See what I did there?

Couldn't agree more! I would also like 2 add Shaunie was definitely a follower whenever she was w/Tami, the reunion was no exception. I wish someone had of popped Angel #2 dead in her irritating smart ass mouth!!! Can't stand her either.

Edited by Yolo
  • Love 1

I kind of like the fact that Angel Love doesn't bow down and try to be a part of the "circle." Brandi's big horse ass tried to intimidate her but needs to sit her no storyline having self down. The only reason she was "unfired" was to create the Shauni aint the big boss storyline, other than that, she did nothing this season. It's time to bring in a few more Love type girls who aren't afraid to mix it up with them. I think Brinks is done as a main, maybe she can be a recurring friend. She is busy with her business and is the only one to make Jackie apologize. I wish Draya would come back but she really has no friends/allies within this group, although I could see her and Tami teaming up to have some snarky storylines.

6 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

I kind of like the fact that Angel Love doesn't bow down and try to be a part of the "circle." Brandi's big horse ass tried to intimidate her but needs to sit her no storyline having self down. The only reason she was "unfired" was to create the Shauni aint the big boss storyline, other than that, she did nothing this season. It's time to bring in a few more Love type girls who aren't afraid to mix it up with them. I think Brinks is done as a main, maybe she can be a recurring friend. She is busy with her business and is the only one to make Jackie apologize. I wish Draya would come back but she really has no friends/allies within this group, although I could see her and Tami teaming up to have some snarky storylines.

I still can't figure out all the Draya hate. 

• Love 3
On 10/17/2016 at 11:52 AM, luckyroll3 said:

And again I ask, what the hell does Jackie have on Doug? 

I'm guessing it's that he likes men and she allows them in the bedroom.  I'm guessing they do threeways so he can pretend he isn't gay.  That's all I can come up with that would explain it.  but I do love Jackie's brand of crazy.

• Love 3
On 7/26/2016 at 1:43 AM, Nowhere said:

I can't stand the Kim Kardashian wannabe. 

She looks so incredibly ridiculous to me.  Her makeup is so heavy that it hurts my face.  And her designs are so fucking tacky.

• Love 1

From VH1: 

The "Non Mother F—kin' Factor" is a factor again. Basketball Wives alum Evelyn Lozada has relocated to Los Angeles and has reunited with longtime friend Shaunie O'Neal and her crew, but Tami Romanhasn't forgotten about their issues from Miami. Sparks will fly and friendships will be tested when the two cross paths for the first time in years.

As if one beef wasn't enough, Evelyn quickly finds she's made another enemy, Basketball Wives' resident loose cannon Jackie Christie. Though the two barely know each other, Evelyn threw some very public shade in Jackie's direction while stepping into the middle of a family dispute and now, Jackie is demanding answers. Can Evelyn handle the heat or will she crawl back to where she came from?

When Malaysia Pargo and Brandi Maxiell make a unexpected return to Los Angeles, will they be welcomed back by their old crew or will old grudges cause Shaunie to thank Brandi and Malaysia for their services and dismiss them once again?

Newcomer Keonna Green recently gave birth to her second child with a player from the league after being labeled the "side chick" in a very messy and very public makeup/breakup. She's ready to move on from her guy unless he's willing to give it one more try. Her friends, The Metoyer Sisters (Aja, Cristen, and Melissa) come equipped with plenty of baggage of their own - both with their men (Aja's ex is one of basketball's biggest stars) and with each other.

Bonnie-Jill Laflin, the league's first female scout, is well known and well-respected around the league but because of her many friendships with players, she may have an extremely hard time rubbing elbows with so many of her famous friends' exes, especially when the drama starts to heat up.

Elena Ahanzadeh is currently single but has dated a few players in the past. She has no problem speaking her mind no matter what the consequences may be, but how will the ladies react once Elena reveals that she has a bit of a past with one of their men?

From L.A. to Palm Springs to New York and Miami, Basketball Wives has never been hotter as the new recruits and the OGs join forces and butt heads on the most spectacular, most explosive, and most-heart wrenching season yet!

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/wifwly/basketball-wives-basketball-wives-season-6-extended-preview

• Love 1
6 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Kenonna Green, why do I know that name? Is she Nick Young's baby momma?

yup, the 'side piece' to Iggy's man. 

Aja Metoyer is Dwayne Wade's "break baby" incubator.

So not only are these chicks athlete chasers, they also have no problem fucking someone else's man. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Maharincess said:

What is a break baby?  Please forgive an old white grandma who doesn't watch sports for not knowing these things!

A "break baby" is when a couple has broken up for any amount of time and during the separation the man has relations with another woman, and maybe then after some time the man and girlfriend get back together. Then the "break up" woman comes back into play ketting the man know she's pregnant but the man has gotten back with his "soul mate" and has either put a ring on it or married her. Thus leaving the "break up" woman a single parent, but those juicy child support checks though! Now she can floss her luxury car and Birkin bag now that shes bagged a "baller"

• Love 6

Tami, Shaunie, Evelyn, and Jackie all on one show!?! Ugh I really got over the Geriatric Mean Girls after last season. So I'm debating if I'm in for this tomfoolery or not....eh who am I kidding? My ass will be perched right in front of that tv lol And why can I not remember how Tami and Evelyn fell out? 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Dream Boy said:

Tami, Shaunie, Evelyn, and Jackie all on one show!?! Ugh I really got over the Geriatric Mean Girls after last season. So I'm debating if I'm in for this tomfoolery or not....eh who am I kidding? My ass will be perched right in front of that tv lol And why can I not remember how Tami and Evelyn fell out? 

I can't remember either, but it would stand to reason that those two personalities would fall out. 

Tami seems to me like she sees herself as an ugly girl. 

Evelyn doesn't see any value in herself. So she tries to assert herself through aggression. Fake aggression.My opinions.

• Love 1

My DVR recorded the marathon that came on, and out of curiosity, I played the final episode (was listed as season 5 but there wasn't a Miami vs LA distinction). Tami and Evelyn were getting on perfectly well, had gotten over the non-motherfucking factor mess and were on their way to gang up on someone else. Maybe we'll get the backstory about a falling out. 

Honestly, I would bet it's something trumped up and has basis in Tami being jealous that Evelyn bagged yet another baller while she's still dealing with lil slow Reggie and bouncing from show to show (never as the lead) to get a check.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Why is Evelyn back on the show?  Isn't she a baseball wife now or did that relationship end too? I seem to remember her having a baby with a baseball player.   Aside from Jackie are any of them actual basketball wives?  

• Love 1

Basketball ex wives (Shaunie, Tami, Malaysia)...i think Brandi may still be married to Jason (who plays overseas...but hey, it's not NBA Wives). Evelyn still ain't no wife tho. The only actual wife she's been was to the abusive former football player. 

Let's be real, all these shows are about tenuous connections, at best.

Real Housewives = a lil bit of money not athlete related

BBWives = fucked a BB player at one time or another, uppity points if you had a baby or he engaged/married you.

ExWives = got dumped for the next young pretty thing

WAGS = the only ones who keep it real with respect to a title.

19 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Why is Evelyn back on the show?  Isn't she a baseball wife now or did that relationship end too? I seem to remember her having a baby with a baseball player.   Aside from Jackie are any of them actual basketball wives?  

She had a show on Oprah's network OWN that got canceled recently so that's why she's back. I saw her on The Real last December when she addressed her return to BBW and she claimed that she wants the show to take a more "positive" path and resolve the drama. That'll last for about 5 minutes, I'm sure.

• Love 2

I can't stand Evelyn or Tami (really any of these chics), but goddamn it if Tami doesn't have a point with regards to Evelyn.  Evelyn is trying to use semantics to get around the fact that she slept with a married man.  And I don't believe for a second that she's "never" or that he was the only one.  She's full of shit and is as idiotic as Phaedra on RHoA if she thinks she's pulling one over on the audience.  Ugh, she needs to return to wherever it is she's been.

And every time I see Shaunie, I want to throw something at the screen.  She continues to bug.  I love how she tries to act all above the other ladies, including the ones she considers her close friends.  But we all know she's just as trashy, petty, and immature as they are.  Just the fact that she's been friends with people like Ev and Tami for so long tells me a lot about who she really is.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

And every time I see Shaunie, I want to throw something at the screen.  She continues to bug.  I love how she tries to act all above the other ladies, including the ones she considers her close friends.  But we all know she's just as trashy, petty, and immature as they are.  Just the fact that she's been friends with people like Ev and Tami for so long tells me a lot about who she really is.

That moment when she was ki-kiying with Tami's comments about Evelyn's -- er, dating habits was very telling. I think once she's truly done with this show she'll never speak to Evelyn or Tami again.

• Love 5

I can almost believe Ev didn't know what's his name was married....but that's because I don't know basketball and have never heard of him. My issue is.....that was 6-ish years ago.  How have we redecided to be angry Ev has hoe tendencies?

• Love 2
On April 17, 2017 at 9:39 PM, rmcrae said:

She had a show on Oprah's network OWN that got canceled recently so that's why she's back. I saw her on The Real last December when she addressed her return to BBW and she claimed that she wants the show to take a more "positive" path and resolve the drama. That'll last for about 5 minutes, I'm sure.

Is she really going to marry Carl Crawford?  She seems to be again stalled on the marriage doorstep and now she's back on this low-down show having the same old fights with the same old women.  

Her O show got cancelled, and maybe she can't carry her own show, but someone who is going to marry a $21MM man like Crawford and seemed to be marketing herself as a mother/wife/fitness expert should be a little choosier than getting back in bed with freaking Tami!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ninjago said:

Is she really going to marry Carl Crawford?  She seems to be again stalled on the marriage doorstep and now she's back on this low-down show having the same old fights with the same old women.  

Her O show got cancelled, and maybe she can't carry her own show, but someone who is going to marry a $21MM man like Crawford and seemed to be marketing herself as a mother/wife/fitness expert should be a little choosier than getting back in bed with freaking Tami!

I don't think she will and if they do get married, I see them splitting a few years down the line.

Right? Better yet, get off of reality TV and do something else. Help motivate other women in ways that don't involve getting cursed out and possibly beaten down by Tami. Speaking of Tami, I cannot stand that woman. To call her a violent, belligerent fool would be the understatement of all time. She's not only hateful. She revels in it.

• Love 6