Type keyword(s) to search

Basketball Wives LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So then did Evelyn sleep with Shaq? I tend to think she's lying. At that time, Jennifer was on the outs, and would've wanted to spill the tea. It's coming back to bite her, and then of course, Evelyn needs her friendship with Shaunie, or she doesn't work...plus, she just looks like a horrible friend to the world.  So many questions...

• Love 1

Damn when would have Evelyn slept with Shaq, like recently or this happened along time ago when Shawnie was still with him.

Tami set the whole thing up with I don't want to talk about this rumor no one is talking about. Oh No now I look messy. If it is true or not Shawnie should be pissed at Tami for waiting to humiliate her. Shawnies reaction looked legit real, I don't think she is a good actress to pull the look of shock and anger off while trying to remain calm and not blow up in front of the cameras.

• Love 4

Apparently the rumor is about Marlon, not Shaq. 

Here's the beauty of Tami's reveal. That didn't just hit Evelyn: it was a blow struck at Evelyn, Jennifer, AND Shaunie. Part of me wonders if this isn't Tami's ultimate payback for when Evelyn revealed her affair with Kenny back in Season 2 (Tami's first season), that Shaunie prompted Evelyn to make on camera. 

• Love 6

Me during that entire 2nd half of this episode:

giphy.gif

....and then when Evelyn proclaimed, "I know it ain't got nothing to do with me!":

giphy.gif

On 6/26/2018 at 8:14 PM, Boofish said:

Tami 100% sat on that secret for no other reason than to use it when she ran out of bullets. 

21 hours ago, Portae said:

Here's the beauty of Tami's reveal. That didn't just hit Evelyn: it was a blow struck at Evelyn, Jennifer, AND Shaunie. Part of me wonders if this isn't Tami's ultimate payback for when Evelyn revealed her affair with Kenny back in Season 2 (Tami's first season), that Shaunie prompted Evelyn to make on camera. 

The whole thing was a masterful move by an evil genius.  It's not just that she had the info, but that she also allowed the time for Jen to hang herself further by telling the other ladies as well.  This gave Tami an instant out from a "she said, she said" situation.  And then slowly dropping the seeds, first with Shaunie and then with the other ladies about that "rumor" they all heard but didn't want to share in case it wasn't true.  Followed by purposefully NOT inviting Jen to the "Say something nice" retreat, but instead, having Shaunie extend an invitation on her behalf to Evelyn, knowing that Evelyn would bring Jen without a second thought.  

giphy.gif

I was pretty impressed with Jen too.  When Malaysia told her what it was about, she looked like she would start sobbing.  But then she did an about turn, walked right back in, admitted it, and then tossed that bone right back to Tami with, "I only said that because YOU asked me if it was true."  And I was like: 

giphy.gif

• Love 7

Malaysia . . . GORL. No one thinks you’re a sex symbol. Especially not with that tacky-ass Gucci ensemble (with those ugly-ass sunglasses) and that fugly denim dress (Canadian ball gown?) with the misplaced boobs.

Tami, that Chad comment was dirty as hell. I don’t know how she comes back from that. In the preview, that orange wig makes her look washed-out and sick.

Welp, Jennifer done fucked up her comeback. Shaunie’s done with her now.

• Love 6

Ron was some kind of beautiful! I went to look him up on Google and he had already been searched. Um, why would Malaysia look so cheap on her date? What was that? Such a pretty girl, but that ensemble - say it, EN-SAM-BLAY, was horrendous! Horrible I say. I was embarrassed for her.

Tami Tami Tami why do you have to be so messy? ..Yes Jen might have tried to start a rumor but that rumor would have just died and been forgotten if Tami herself didn't bring it up...so yes Jen is beyond wrong for starting it however Tami is just has Quilty for bringing it back up 

• Love 1

See, I just don't get where the rumor of Evelyn and the guy would come from if, like Evelyn said, they've never even had a conversation. Where there's smoke, there's fire. 

I don't believe Evelyn, and the two both have much to lose by being outed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, zenme said:

See, I just don't get where the rumor of Evelyn and the guy would come from if, like Evelyn said, they've never even had a conversation. Where there's smoke, there's fire. 

I don't believe Evelyn, and the two both have much to lose by being outed. 

Jennifer made it up.. at the time she wasn't even talking to Ev and wanted to be back on the show ...trust and believe if it would have saved her ass Jennifer would have blabbed about who told her she didn't cause she made the whole thing up

• Useful 1
(edited)

I have an issue with all of them talking about other people's wigs.  NONE of them wear their hair natural, so they can take several seats.

RE:  Evelyn  I wonder if she's ever been with a Hispanic or a white man.  I knew someone like her when I went to college; she was from South America and first she tried to get with white men, they didn't want her, so then she tried black men and because she was light skinned and had straight hair, the colorist guys liked her.  From that time on (I believe even until today) it was nothing but black men for her. 

These women need to sit through Black Panther and be like the Dora Milaje.

ETA:  This is what I think of this bunch.

Evelyn needs this show because well, what's her source of income.  She was never married and probably isn't getting alimony; Evelyn shouldn't joke about people's ages since she's closer to 50 than 30 (I'm sure)

Jennifer, Tami, Malaysia, Shawnie are probably getting some kind of alimony.  Jackie is still married.  But the way Jennifer acts on the show, she might need the money too, maybe Eric didn't give her anything since they didn't have any children together (at least I don't think so).  And who is this man stalking her anyway?  Not Eric I'm sure.

Kristen...who is she anyway?  She need this show because she wants to have another baby and her husband even told her they can't afford it.  I don't know who CeCe is but the shit they said about her was hinging on being racist. 

ETA:  Tami always tells the truth, and she was right about Chad.  Didn't Evelyn jump on the table to fight Jennifer?  Wasn't Evelyn always trying to fight someone?  Didn't Jennifer tell Evelyn not to go with Chad and Evelyn told Jennifer that SHE was jealous of her?  Didn't Chad once call Evelyn, "that last piece of pizza that nobody wants?"  I remember that VERY clearly.  What Tami was saying was that Chad and Evelyn were always fighting each other, but when the neighbors saw them, then the police were involved and suddenly Evelyn became a spokesperson for domestic violence?  WTF?  Evelyn was the most violent person on that show, both she AND Tami.  I think even Iyanla called Evelyn out on that.

Evelyn has been trying to get a husband since she's been on this show and hasn't found a decent man yet. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9

The man Malaysia went on a blind date with was very handsome. I wonder if he's educated? If so, he's about to be schooled even more on some new vocabulary, courtesy of Malaysia. 

I'm very curious as to who and where is Shanice's father? Sounds like a guy from the block as opposed to an athlete? 

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

RE:  Evelyn  I wonder if she's ever been with a Hispanic or a white man.  I knew someone like her when I went to college; she was from South America and first she tried to get with white men, they didn't want her, so then she tried black men and because she was light skinned and had straight hair, the colorist guys liked her.  From that time on (I believe even until today) it was nothing but black men for her. 

It is funny that you bring this up. My cousin and I knew this Latina, of African descent, who said that Latin men did not like her because they found her too Black.  One told her to her face, that he could never bring her home to meet his mother.  Latin men, of African descent, also wanted light-skinned Latinas or White ones. So, she dates Black American men exclusively, because they are the only ones that like her.. This lady is gorgeous, by the way...I was stunned that she got no love from Latin men.  She broke down the colorism in Latin culture and the anti-Blackness that permeates it..

Edited by Apprentice79
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is funny that you bring this up. My cousin and I knew this Latina, of African descent, who said that Latin men did not like her because they found her too Black.  One told her to her face, that he could never bring her home to meet his mother.  Latin men, of African descent, also wanted light-skinned Latinas or White ones. So, she dates Black American men exclusively, because they are the only ones that like her.. This lady is gorgeous, by the way...I was stunned that she got no love from Latin men.  She broke down the colorism in Latin culture and the anti-Blackness that permeates it..

I don't think that's Evelyn's problem though.  I think she knows damn well that there are a lot of colorist Black American men who will find her beautiful because she has straight hair and more Caucasian features than Black ones.  That's why IMO she goes for Black men, to her the competition's not as hard.  That's why I call her an opportunist.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think that's Evelyn's problem though.  I think she knows damn well that there are a lot of colorist Black American men who will find her beautiful because she has straight hair and more Caucasian features than Black ones.  That's why IMO she goes for Black men, to her the competition's not as hard.  That's why I call her an opportunist.

True, I see what you mean. I never really looked at it that way.

20 hours ago, Neurochick said:

ETA:  Tami always tells the truth, and she was right about Chad.  Didn't Evelyn jump on the table to fight Jennifer?  Wasn't Evelyn always trying to fight someone?  Didn't Jennifer tell Evelyn not to go with Chad and Evelyn told Jennifer that SHE was jealous of her?  Didn't Chad once call Evelyn, "that last piece of pizza that nobody wants?"  I remember that VERY clearly.  What Tami was saying was that Chad and Evelyn were always fighting each other, but when the neighbors saw them, then the police were involved and suddenly Evelyn became a spokesperson for domestic violence?  WTF?  Evelyn was the most violent person on that show, both she AND Tami.  I think even Iyanla called Evelyn out on that.

Evelyn has been trying to get a husband since she's been on this show and hasn't found a decent man yet. 

Yep, I remembered all of this; in fact, Chad was the reason why she and Jen fell out--turns out Jen was right about him all along. I think it bothers Evelyn that Tami's living her best life, while she's just existing

• Love 2
On 7/4/2018 at 2:20 PM, Neurochick said:

I have an issue with all of them talking about other people's wigs.  NONE of them wear their hair natural, so they can take several seats.

Regarding the wigs, they may not wear their natural hair, but some of their hair looks better than others.  

Evelyn being violent doesn't excuse Chad's violence against Evelyn.  Chad should have lost his career for what he did.  Tami was just being vindictive and deflecting from the reason she brought up the rumor about Evelyn sleeping with Shauni's ex.

On 7/5/2018 at 7:18 AM, Neurochick said:

Doesn't Evelyn identify as Afro-Latina?  Everyone isn't colorist.  It's possible that men genuinely find her attractive.  Aside from lighter skin, Evelyn's features aren't Caucasian and her hair is naturally curly.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Regarding the wigs, they may not wear their natural hair, but some of their hair looks better than others.  

Evelyn being violent doesn't excuse Chad's violence against Evelyn.  Chad should have lost his career for what he did.  Tami was just being vindictive and deflecting from the reason she brought up the rumor about Evelyn sleeping with Shauni's ex.

I think something should have happened to Evelyn for jumping on top of that table to go after Jennifer.  Tami's point was that Evelyn might never have reported the domestic violence incident had a third part not seen him abuse her.  I remember Chad and Evelyn were supposed to have their own wedding show or special, before that came out.  This is an unpopular opinion but I feel that if you live by the sword, the sword will take you down.  Evelyn was a bully and what happened to her was that a bigger bully came along and bullied her.  Yes, Chad should have lost his career for what he did.

3 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Doesn't Evelyn identify as Afro-Latina?  Everyone isn't colorist.  It's possible that men genuinely find her attractive.  Aside from lighter skin, Evelyn's features aren't Caucasian and her hair is naturally curly.

Evelyn's features aren't Caucasian?  I'm confused.  Her hair is curly but it sure isn't type 4C hair. 

We live in a society that's pretty much colorist.   It's not a conscious thing though.  To me Afro-Latina is more Lauren Velez and Amara La Negra, than Evelyn.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

We live in a society that's pretty much colorist.   It's not a conscious thing though.  To me Afro-Latina is more Lauren Velez and Amara La Negra, than Evelyn.

This SO MUCH at the bolded, especially in Hollywood. The list of Afro-Latinas who have been selected for African-American roles is quite long ... the reverse, not so much. 

I’m not about to litigate the “Afro” she claims in her identity (even though I see @Neurochick‘s point, and even agree to a certain extent) because I know my fellow black people are very passionate and opinionated whichever side of the debate you fall on, and I’m not about to start any controversy. This ain’t LSA, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Seriously, seriously, seriously...there must be some truth to the rumor otherwise, how can Evelyn not be furious with her friend for spreading such a vicious rumor about her?

I agree. I mean, how would the rumor even originate?

• Love 1

So no one else felt bad when Tami was crying about just trying to be friends with the girls and how they're always trash talking her? No one? Just me? I actually liked Jackie in that moment. She was sweet.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, zenme said:

So no one else felt bad when Tami was crying about just trying to be friends with the girls and how they're always trash talking her? No one? Just me? I actually liked Jackie in that moment. She was sweet.

I almost felt bad until I remembered that Tami is a damn mean girl herself; people just look past it because she's funny. She treated Keisha horribly and at one point turned on Royce, someone who was an actual friend to her (though she and Royce are back on good terms). Jackie was quite likable and level-headed in that scene, which is so unlike her. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jodie Landon said:

I almost felt bad until I remembered that Tami is a damn mean girl herself; people just look past it because she's funny. She treated Keisha horribly and at one point turned on Royce, someone who was an actual friend to her (though she and Royce are back on good terms). Jackie was quite likable and level-headed in that scene, which is so unlike her. 

Plus, these women are too old for this juvenile crap. If someone does not like you, you move on..

I will never forget how Tami treated Keisha.  Keisha was so scared of Tami. Even after she left the show, Tami continued to harass her on social media.  I am surprised that Tami has not gone to prison, yet. Tami has been a hot mess, since the real world.  

• Love 11
(edited)
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, these women are too old for this juvenile crap. If someone does not like you, you move on..

I will never forget how Tami treated Keisha.  Keisha was so scared of Tami. Even after she left the show, Tami continued to harass her on social media.  I am surprised that Tami has not gone to prison, yet. Tami has been a hot mess, since the real world.  

This is very true. I did momentarily forget about how mean Tami can be. I suppose it was her tears that got the best of me because she's so damn hard. I remember seeing her on an episode of Wife Swap, and she was a perfectly kind and rational person. Had I not seen Basketball Wives, I wouldn't have known the evil that she can be!

Edited by zenme
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, zenme said:

ummm no Tami is a bitch who was a horrible person to plenty of people so this switch to her being the victim just rings hollow shes still the mean girl she always was but is now trying to pretend not to be I mean Honestly who keeps text messages for a year? only someone who wants to start shit

• Love 9
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

ummm no Tami is a bitch who was a horrible person to plenty of people so this switch to her being the victim just rings hollow shes still the mean girl she always was but is now trying to pretend not to be I mean Honestly who keeps text messages for a year? only someone who wants to start shit

Exactly! Tami has been waiting for years to get her revenge on Shaunie and Evelyne over her ex husband. Revenge is a dish, best served cold. It would not surprise me at all, that Tami cozied up to Jennifer, after her bitter estrangement with Evelyne, to get dirt on her. I remember Tami trying to beat up Jennifer, once upon a time, over an asinine argument over food stamps.  Who does that?

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Lest we forget there is a current lawsuit Evelyn filed against her former publicist. In the suit she claims this woman fed Tami information to bring up on the show. I believe this is the unknown person in the text messages. 

Tami should have been shown her walking papers after what she did to Keisha and Meka (I think that was her name). She is a bully who finally met women who are not afraid of her - Duffy, Brandy, Malaysia, Evelyn, Jennifer ....

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I love how people seem to forget how bad Evelyn has been.  I believe everything Tami said about Evelyn.  I remember her crocodile tears on that Fix My Life show. Didn’t Evelyn jump on a table to fight Evelyn?  You live by the sword, Evelyn.  Speaking of Evelyn has  she managed to snag another baller yet?

No, because if she managed to snag a baller, she would have dropped Jen like a hot potato like she did before, when she met Chad...I haven’t forgotten that, Evelyn.  

ETA, someone here said that Evelyn identifies as an “Afro Latina,” maybe, but when that domestic violence case came out, to me, Evelyn became a white woman.  She is nothing more than a vulture, a cultural appropriator, who uses black culture to get ahead in life, or to get black men.  As I have said before, I knew a woman like Evelyn when I was in college, she isn’t fooling me.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
On 7/14/2018 at 10:56 PM, Neurochick said:

I love how people seem to forget how bad Evelyn has been.  I believe everything Tami said about Evelyn.  I remember her crocodile tears on that Fix My Life show. Didn’t Evelyn jump on a table to fight Evelyn?  You live by the sword, Evelyn.  Speaking of Evelyn has  she managed to snag another baller yet?

No, because if she managed to snag a baller, she would have dropped Jen like a hot potato like she did before, when she met Chad...I haven’t forgotten that, Evelyn.  

ETA, someone here said that Evelyn identifies as an “Afro Latina,” maybe, but when that domestic violence case came out, to me, Evelyn became a white woman.  She is nothing more than a vulture, a cultural appropriator, who uses black culture to get ahead in life, or to get black men.  As I have said before, I knew a woman like Evelyn when I was in college, she isn’t fooling me.

Tami has a violent history with other women and a track record of singling those she sees as weak for bullying.  The only differences between Evelyn and Tami 

1. Tami is actually black

2. Tami can't get the same caliber (or number) of men as Evelyn. Now I'm not saying she would want to or that Evelyn is "winning" because she has made a career of sleeping with men for bill money HOWEVER ... The best Tami has been able to do is Kenny (who also slept with Evelyn) and Reggie who is .. *in my Tami voice* CHIIIIILLLLE on the dusty broke side.

So yeah, I believe with all my heart that the jealous one between the two of them is 100% Tami. But they are both mean, hateful and full of spite so it's a pot kettle thing as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 12

When will the outrageously long fake hair and overly done fake eyelash trend be done.  It looks awful on just about everyone.  Also, that OG woman is breathtakingly unattractive looking.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

When will the outrageously long fake hair and overly done fake eyelash trend be done.  It looks awful on just about everyone.  Also, that OG woman is breathtakingly unattractive looking.  

I think OG got hit in the face with a football more times than Marcia Brady

giphy.gif

and then dragged across the astro turf facedown

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:56 PM, Neurochick said:

To be fair, Black culture is not just Black American culture. There many different Black cultures around the world.   Evelyne is Puerto Rican, she has African blood, in her veins, like most Latinos.   You can look at her and see it.   I am not saying that she does not use her attractiveness, to get Black men, with money, who can give her, a comfortable lifestyle. However,  I do think that she is very comfortable with Black women because she feels a kinship to them. I do think that it has to do with their common African ancestry.  I don't get the vibe that she feels she is superior to Black women.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, Black culture is not just Black American culture. There many different Black cultures around the world.   Evelyne is Puerto Rican, she has African blood, in her veins, like most Latinos.   You can look at her and see it.   I am not saying that she does not use her attractiveness, to get Black men, with money, who can give her, a comfortable lifestyle. However,  I do think that she is very comfortable with Black women because she feels a kinship to them. I do think that it has to do with their common African ancestry.  I don't get the vibe that she feels she is superior to Black women.  

Not to mention she loves bed in NY projects. That’s a culture of itself. She’s a minority. She is not superior nor have I gotten that vibe.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, I know that, I grew up in NYC.  But I also know that a lot of Latinos are colorist.  Of course she has African blood in her veins, but the truth is, she isn't as dark as Jennifer or Tami.  I don't think anybody would look at her and say, "there's a black woman."

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, I know that, I grew up in NYC.  But I also know that a lot of Latinos are colorist.  Of course she has African blood in her veins, but the truth is, she isn't as dark as Jennifer or Tami.  I don't think anybody would look at her and say, "there's a black woman."

I guess.  She is definitely built, like a Black woman, lol.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

18 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think OG got hit in the face with a football more times than Marcia Brady

giphy.gif

and then dragged across the astro turf facedown

giphy.gif

I don't think OG is unattractive.  She just makes unfortunate choices in wigs, makeup, and clothes.  Every time she comes on screen, I yell at the TV for her to get a lip liner.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/17/2018 at 11:22 AM, Boofish said:

Tami has a violent history with other women and a track record of singling those she sees as weak for bullying. 

Late on this but I agree. As far as I'm concerned, for all the fighting, screaming, hair pulling that's gone on, on these shows, nothing was more disturbing to me than when Tammi came after Keesha, who understandably only lasted one season. Keesha was clearly not a fighter, not into the ratchet, screaming scenes and you could tell how genuinely intimidated and fearful of Tami she was. And the way Tami went after her when they went on whatever tropical girls trip they were on, was just disturbing.

The most disturbing part of that whole mess was seeing her go through Keesha's purse, after she'd essentially ran Keesha off, laughing like a maniac in the car, while both Evelyn and Shaunie were just sitting by, clearly, by the looks on their faces, totally uncomfortable and disturbed, but saying nothing. Then after she had the woman sniveling in her room, she still came in, forcing her to have to beg for her bag from her because you could see how terrified Keesha was. That whole thing was disgusting and I remember it was after that that the show really started getting a lot of backlash for all the negative portrayals of women and all the fighting, screaming, etc. And Miami slowly died after that, replaced by LA, only for it to more or less be revived now in LA.

Don't get me wrong, Tami makes me laugh sometimes and I totally follow her Bonnet Chronicles on Instagram. And I do think she has tried to get her anger and toxic behavior under control but the fact is, aside from the hoeing tendencies, she and Evelyn aren't much different in terms of both having been angry and violent bullies in the past. And that's why they've never been able to get along because it's two angry bulls coming at each other. I do think Tami's conversation with Jackie was telling of the other layer to their issues. That Tami was dismissed as lesser than and ghetto when she first came on the show (despite Evelyn not being any great cheese herself) and that really played on her self-esteem to where on some level she's still seeking these people's approval.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Late on this but I agree. As far as I'm concerned, for all the fighting, screaming, hair pulling that's gone on, on these shows, nothing was more disturbing to me than when Tammi came after Keesha, who understandably only lasted one season. Keesha was clearly not a fighter, not into the ratchet, screaming scenes and you could tell how genuinely intimidated and fearful of Tami she was. And the way Tami went after her when they went on whatever tropical girls trip they were on, was just disturbing.

The most disturbing part of that whole mess was seeing her go through Keesha's purse, after she'd essentially ran Keesha off, laughing like a maniac in the car, while both Evelyn and Shaunie were just sitting by, clearly, by the looks on their faces, totally uncomfortable and disturbed, but saying nothing. Then after she had the woman sniveling in her room, she still came in, forcing her to have to beg for her bag from her because you could see how terrified Keesha was. That whole thing was disgusting and I remember it was after that that the show really started getting a lot of backlash for all the negative portrayals of women and all the fighting, screaming, etc. And Miami slowly died after that, replaced by LA, only for it to more or less be revived now in LA.

Don't get me wrong, Tami makes me laugh sometimes and I totally follow her Bonnet Chronicles on Instagram. And I do think she has tried to get her anger and toxic behavior under control but the fact is, aside from the hoeing tendencies, she and Evelyn aren't much different in terms of both having been angry and violent bullies in the past. And that's why they've never been able to get along because it's two angry bulls coming at each other. I do think Tami's conversation with Jackie was telling of the other layer to their issues. That Tami was dismissed as lesser than and ghetto when she first came on the show (despite Evelyn not being any great cheese herself) and that really played on her self-esteem to where on some level she's still seeking these people's approval.

I totally agree with all of this. I also thought it was very telling when Tami went after Kesha on the trip. It stood out to me that Kesha was actually having a good conversation with Evelyn and Shaunie. She was asking them questions and they were engaging with her, and THAT is when Tami went off. I think she hated the fact that Ev and Shaunie weren't cutting her out of the circle. And, I think it pointed at just how insecure she was with her position in the group. I remember Royce (who was a real friend to Tami) warned Tami that she was coming across as a bully and that she knew that wasn't who Tami was. That was the point that Tami turned on Royce.

• Love 10
(edited)

Well that was a waste of time filler episode

If Tami turns down her proposal, I wonder if Reggie will give her her money back that he spent on the ring

She better learn from Sherri Shepard and not give that man financial security for 18 years all wrapped up in a diaper

Malaysia's kids are aesthetically challenged

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 4
(edited)

So, there is a marathon on and I am rewatching the episode when the big "rumor" came out. I have to say, I really don't know who I believe between Jenn and Tami. They can both be really shady, but Tami has always been the more aggressive with her shadiness. I feel like Tami is exaggerating, because she tends to be extra, but I also know that Jennifer is going to do what she needs to in order to cover her ass. I just want to know the extent of the unnamed woman's involvement. Because I want to know where the rumor actually started. Was it Jenn because she was pissed at Ev, or did someone come to Jenn with it and she decided she both believed it and needed to share it?

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

So, there is a marathon on and I am rewatching the episode when the big "rumor" came out. I have to say, I really don't know who I believe between Jenn and Tami. They can both be really shady, but Tami has always been the more aggressive with her shadiness. I feel like Tami is exaggerating, because she tends to be extra, but I also know that Jennifer is going to do what she needs to in order to cover her ass. I just want to know the extent of the unnamed woman's involvement. Because I want to know where the rumor actually started. Was it Jenn because she was pissed at Ev, or did someone come to Jenn with it and she decided she both believed it and needed to share it?

What rumor? I missed it.

I kinda tuned out on this show. Just over all the fighting & petty drama, especially with the new chicks that I don't know or care about.

I really loved watching Evelyn with her grandfather & her mom & her family in Puerto Rico. That was really wonderful. I would love to see her follow up with a fundraiser.

Malaysia's heartbreak over her brother's death by a police officer & trying to prepare her son for the realities of being a Black man... wow. She's clearly still grieving & unsure what to do, but wants to do... something. Who knew Jackie could provide sound advice? I'm unclear about Malaysia's custody situation.

I even found Jennifer's courtroom drama compelling, even though I don't think she's completely innocent.

Tami looked gorgeous in her talking head with the short hair. She makes an excellent point that her boyfriend may come to resent her for not having a baby. It's nobody's fault. I don't blame her for not wanting to try again after 3 miscarriages.

• Love 5

Now that I have finally gotten caught up on the episodes, I think Tami was the most in the wrong. Jennifer was wrong for initially planning to bring this to the show, but Tami was the one who followed through with it AFTER it was obvious that Jennifer changed her mind and none of the other women were going to touch it. I get that Shaunie is pissed that Jennifer didn't think about how much the rumor would hurt Shaunie, but Tami didn't care that it would hurt Shaunie either. Tami held on to that shit for a year and ONLY brought it up when it became obvious that Jennifer, Shaunie, and Evelyn were going to be the Three Amigos again. 

I was thinking about the earlier episode when Tami was all up in Jennifer's grill about how she thought Jennifer and Evelyn were never going to speak to each other again and how annoyed she was that they were back on track to being friends. It connects with Tami crying to Jackie about how she just wanted to be their friend in Miami. But, Tami is leaving how her own messy behavior when Jennifer an Evelyn first fell out. Tami was firmly on Evelyn and Shaunie's side. She shaded Jennifer's lip gloss line, she said that Jennifer asked for the girl from Harlem to hit her, she laughed that Evelyn hit Jennifer with her purse. She was even pissed that Jennifer had it in her contract that she would sue if anyone on the cast physically attacked her. 

The real reason Tami was never able to completely click with them though was her approach. Yes, Jen and Ev were stone cold snobby bitches, but Tami only felt comfortable being friends with them when she fighting with a new person in the group. She made up with Ev with the quickness when Meeka came along. Her treatment of Kesha was solely to show out for Evelyn and Shaunie - just like her treatment of Jen during the Ev and Jen fight was solely to impress Ev and Shaunie. Tami was only ever comfortable with the three or 2 out of 3 of them when she was bullying someone else. And that is just no way to endear yourself to a friend group, because they will always wonder when you are going to turn on them. And, with this whole mess, Tami showed just how willing she was to turn on them: 

1. Bringing up the Shaq rumor that no one was going to talk about just to blow up Jen and Ev's friendship with no concern for how hurtful it would be for Shaunie.

2. Accusing Evelyn of ruining and "Innocent" man by lying about domestic abuse.

3. Holding on to texts from a year or more ago on the off chance that she can use them against at least 2 of the 3 women.

I almost felt sorry for Tami when she was crying to Jackie, but then I started to remember exactly how Tami has behaved over the course of the two shows, and I just can't feel sorry for her. 

We won't even talk about how she treated Royce once she thought she was FINALLY in the circle - I'm still pissed about that.

• Love 15

I'm always amazed when Tami claim Evelyn is jealous of her and people who co-sign that nonsense. Not once has Evelyn ever tried to be friends with Tami; it was always the other way around. This whole debacle is 100% on Tami. 

• Love 7