Type keyword(s) to search

Basketball Wives LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I really feel like Brittish and Sundy came on this show strictly to start crap. They have no valid reasons for hating on Draya and Malaysia other than the fact that Draya and Malaysia are 10x better women then those two could ever hope to be. I wouldn't be surprised if part of keeping Jackie on the show came with the stipulation that she could have new girls on the show who would side with her. Jackie's just too stupid to realize that these two will never help her clean up her image. All this did was make Draya seem more sympathetic and Jackie just as crazy as before.

Draya for the win, as usual!

Chantal needs to have several seats. No one outside of her family and the voices in her head have heard of any of her crap businesses, records, etc. Draya will always be a bigger deal than her and I believe Orlando in this situation. I'm sure he took one look at her and realized that one night in the sack with her wasn't worth the lifetime of crazy she'd rain down on his life. Poor guy never saw her still bringing the crazy even though he passed her off coming. The Christie's are like an STD in that way; you can't ever fully be clear of it once they've shown up.

Edited by Peper81
  • LOL 1

I died when one of the chics (can't be bothered to learn the new girls) said a good name would be CoJack.  

Follow that up with the Christie sculpture session and oh boy...I just can't, that one scene was payback for all of the uninteresting bull shit we've been watching.

• Love 1

Per the sticky at the top of the Small Talk thread, I'm starting this thread for discussion of the episodes themselves.  Mods, this is not a show that needs a thread topic for each week, so hopefully one all-encompassing thread for this is ok.

Jackie briefly considered the name "golden showers" for her cognac.

As shady as Sundy is some times, she does make laugh almost as much as Draya does with her side comments about Jackie.

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought it was a pretty entertaining episode. Jackie's delusions were on display and Malaysia ably handled Jackie at the end of the episode. I know Sundy and Brittish aren't the smartest girls in the group but I've got to guess that eventually they will see Jackie for the pot-stirrer and liar she is.

Edited by Peper81
  • Love 2

A place to discuss particular episodes (that do not have specific episode threads), arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

I thought Tami was done with reality tv?  Ugh, the best thing about this show was the lack of the likes of Shaunie and Tami.

You know, I can't stand Tami when she's on this show, but I have to say, I saw her on the recent epi of Celebrity Wife Swap, and I really liked her.  I actually cried a couple of times.  I also like her on that marriage therapy show (whatever the name of it is), and I think she's a great match with her new man.  I was kind of surprised when I recently saw that she's going to be having a baby! Maybe it'll soften her up some.  I really do think that when she gets together with these other basketball wives she becomes an evil witch.  She should discontinue her friendships with them.  They don't bring out the best in her.

• Love 2

Did we already know that Draya's baby daddy is Laura Govan's husband (or ex husband)??? Or is this just news to me?

Also, did anyone see Gloria and Matt "acting" in Chocolate City, aka the black version of Magic Mike?

Well the new season appears Draya is going to be the one everyone loves to hate. It appears she no longer has a friendship with Malaysia or Bambi. If this is going to be the season of pile up on one person, namely Dray, then I won't be watching. Mind you I didn't mind pile up on Jackie, because I didn't like her but I do mind it when it's the person I like.

• Love 1

In addition, one of those woman in the coming attractions who says " your vagina broke the Internet"(?), looks like a girl from The Bad Girls Club. I cannot remember her name and she looks heavier now.

• Love 1

In addition, one of those woman in the coming attractions who says " your vagina broke the Internet"(?), looks like a girl from The Bad Girls Club. I cannot remember her name and she looks heavier now.

I think that was Megan from BGC. I can't wait to find out!

• Love 2

"i dont wear underwear....unless it's lingerie."  More than I ever needed to know about Jackie Christie.  And how is she always finding these young girls to "take under her wing?"  Have they not learned anything?

• Love 4

"i dont wear underwear....unless it's lingerie."  More than I ever needed to know about Jackie Christie.  And how is she always finding these young girls to "take under her wing?"  Have they not learned anything?

This.   You mean to tell me allllllllll these former players and accompanying wives in the league and you don't have na'an one friend your own age?   Bizarre.

I missed a few episodes that I caught up on yesterday.  Brittish (with two tees. ugh).  If a regular part of your out of town routine includes a speech to your fiance about being on his best behavior, girl you're in a fucked up relationship.  But, you've got his black card in your wallet, so it all evens out I guess.

Yall, what do we think Jennaro (Malaysia's ex) did?  The usual?  My neighbor says it always only comes down to two things, money or tail.  Which was his affliction.  When Malaysia said I'm willing to go the moon for my husband but he ain't willing to go down the street for me?  I said girl come get this offering!  Truth!   My heart broke when she asked her sister who'd want a woman with three kids.  You could almost see that as part of her weighing process when she was considering leaving him.   Layyysia? Um, looking like that? You could have 8 more children baby, he will show up. Lol.

Are Draya nem contractually obligated to include Jackie in their storylines?  Why are they even still bothering with forgiveness or messing with her on any level? 

I near bout fell over when Meghan said she was 24.  She looks, easily, 10 years older.

• Love 6

I'm happy that Malaysia didn't stay with Jenarro simply because he's a NBAer.  I'm sure so many would, and do.  I like that now that she's single she doesn't act like she's constantly on the prowl.  Good for her.  I like her.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh boy *sigh* I was excited for this season but idk after this first episode.

Malaysia looked great as usual! I would love to see her loosen up this season now that she's single. I like Draya but she was annoying me. I understand your trying to befriend Jackie for the cameras, but I wish she would just be real about it. I was also bothered that she really believes she's a designer...wtf?

Meghan doesn't fit, AT ALL! She looks like a creep trying to squeeze her way in and she's already being fake about Jackie.

The Miami/LA mash up will be interesting. I see Shaunie doesn't have shit else to do and made sure to include herself in the shows intro, lol. Tami will definitely bring the heat.

Now that I think about it, what really annoyed me is how scripted everything is. They're not even trying. Maybe later in the season it'll get better. I'll keep watching though, only because I think everyone is pretty.

Edited by Whitley Trillbert
  • Love 1

Was I supposed to feel bad for Jackie? It seemed like they were doing their best to give her a sympathetic edit, but her crazy just kept cropping up every time she was on screen.

Oh, Malaysia, you forgot to take off the price tag stickers on your wine glasses.  You should probably wash that stuff before you use them.  Sometimes they are difficult to remove, but just soak them in a little hot water and dishwashing soap.  It should come off easily. 

Tami, please don't make me go back to not liking you.  I've liked you on your last two reality shows, but you're a real bitch on BBW.

• Love 1

Was I supposed to feel bad for Jackie? It seemed like they were doing their best to give her a sympathetic edit, but her crazy just kept cropping up every time she was on screen.

The way her team looked at her as she pitched ideas for the ad campaign was the one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. All I could think is that It must be so awful to work for her....having to listen to all her cuckoo banana ideas and worrying if she's gonna lose her shirt on you for disagreeing or just breathing wrong.

• Love 1

I tuned in simply to watch the walking, talking version of the DSM, also known as Jackie Christie. Ole girl is BAT SHIT INSANE, how is she still functioning in mainstream society? What kind or dark-sided mess does Jackie have on Doug, to make him stay? Bizarre.

I agree with the poster up thread - all the ladies looked gorgeous. EXCEPT water head Meghan. And Jackie, who could be wearing couture, but still looks like she stepped fresh from the swap meet. 

The Miami/LA mash up will be interesting. I see Shaunie doesn't have shit else to do and made sure to include herself in the shows intro, lol. Tami will definitely bring the heat.

Those old birds had the nerve to say "we think you're a tad immature" to the newbies? HAAAHAAAAHA!

Not sure if I'm ready for Tami Roman to be back on my screen? And did I hear she's preggers?

Anyone watch Lozada's show on OWN the other night?

• Love 3

I did.  Is there a thread for that?  I didn't see one.

I didn't see one either. I thought it was a snoozefest. Evelyn and her daughter (and Iyanla flashbacks) can't hold my attention for an hour.

• Love 1
I didn't see one either. I thought it was a snoozefest. Evelyn and her daughter (and Iyanla flashbacks) can't hold my attention for an hour.

Agreed.  Weird. Despite her miscarriage, I just couldn't find it in me to feel sad...

Really, I just want to know who Shauniece's dad is and what happened there.  Did his not being a professional athlete contribute to the demise of the relationship?

• Love 1
Apparently just a few weeks after getting engaged to Orlando, Draya's engagement is now off.

Oh darn! And I really thought those 2 crazy kids were gonna make it!

This morning is was revealed that Orlando has taken out a restraining order on Draya.  Seems she hit him, threw his clothes in the pool, threatened to throw bleach in his eyes, and refused to leave the house.  Draya is losing her damn mind.  Well she's always been crazy and has never hid that.  These guys always want to date the crazy ones.....   

There's been some debate as to whether Orlando was being a "bitch" for getting a restraining order.  Most of the radio folks seem to be leaning towards that assessment.  I think he made the right call, because as soon as he tries to restrain her or fight back in anyway, he'd get accused of domestic violence, which would put his job in jeopardy.  Very smart of him to keep his hands to himself and get the law involved early. 

• Love 3

The way her team looked at her as she pitched ideas for the ad campaign was the one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. All I could think is that It must be so awful to work for her....having to listen to all her cuckoo banana ideas and worrying if she's gonna lose her shirt on you for disagreeing or just breathing wrong.

Is it completely sad that I recognized one of the pitch girls Jessica as one of the girls vying for Chance's love on Real Chance of Love? I'm such a VH-1 reality show ho and I'm not ashamed!

• Love 5

I was wondering where I knew that girl from! 

Is it completely sad that I recognized one of the pitch girls Jessica as one of the girls vying for Chance's love on Real Chance of Love? I'm such a VH-1 reality show ho and I'm not ashamed!

I tuned in simply to watch the walking, talking version of the DSM, also known as Jackie Christie. Ole girl is BAT SHIT INSANE, how is she still functioning in mainstream society? What kind or dark-sided mess does Jackie have on Doug, to make him stay? Bizarre.

I agree with the poster up thread - all the ladies looked gorgeous. EXCEPT water head Meghan. And Jackie, who could be wearing couture, but still looks like she stepped fresh from the swap meet.

What is a DSM?

I will probably say this every episode, but Jackie is a psycho. Doug had to have done something in his younger years or a previous life that Jackie is holding over him. What did you do, Doug?!? We can find you help. The way he looked down and away every time he described her was interesting. It was also interesting watching him watch Jackie for her response when Draya first asked about it. There's just something weird going on there....like she keeps him chained in the basement or something when no one else is around.

This Megan chick is super annoying and comes across as super desperate. She talks a big game....In her talking heads. Can she go away?

Draya had some cute outfits on in this episode.

• Love 3
(edited)

Brandi is really pretty, although her make up can be draggy at times.

There is some thing clinically wrong with Jackie. And off with Doug.

Meghan isn't as cute as she thinks she is. Don't like her.

Edited by Tallulahbaby
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think Brandi could be attractive as well, but that heavy heavy makeup is just too dragalicious on her. And showing off those big bow legs isn't a good look. Draya comparing her um, fashion show to NY fashion week was hilarious!

Edited by kitten59
  • Love 1

Oh man, Jackie needs to be studied. She's insane. So her mom's dying wish was that she keep Malaysia as a friend?? Really?? She also set up that drama between Draya and the girl trying way too hard masterfully. And when the flames weren't big enough fro their chat, she couldn't drop "Fupa" fast enough.

What kind of insult is "you're a big tall, little weenie"?

I thought all of Draya's outfits were super cute and I'm also loving all their lipsticks.

So why exactly is Shaunie on this show? You know, besides having them all kiss her ass because she's the executive producer.

• Love 4

Just started watching the new season last night.  I loved Malaysia laughing when the Fupa issue was brought up to the full group. This season seems like it may be decent. I watched the first 2 seasons faithfully, but quickly lost interest in season 3 and stopped watching. The new girls S3 didn't impress me and I missed Laura. This cast with a mix of the originals, sister city stars and just a couple newbies seems promising.  

I forgot to mention that I loved Malaysia's description of Jackie:  "Jackie's a lying liar who lies.  And when she's not lying she makes things up, and when she's not making shit up, she pretends it never happened...." Lol.  I left out a couple rounds, but you get the gist.  

Also loved when Malaysia shut Jackie down about being manipulative and playing games, when Jackie brought up her real name.  How exactly was that relevant to the conversation they were having, except to point out that Jackie always says some underhanded shit and tries to coat it in sugar.  

• Love 5

Jackies mispronouncing everything was cracking me up. Troulumpous? Really? And her bag lady Audrey Hepburn was priceless!  God I love this show. 

Potpourri and chic - I was like Jackie stop puttin on, in your *circles* you've heard people say this before, knock it off.

She's never had to leave Doug alone in a room where another woman was before?  Like not to go to the ladies lounge or walk across the other side of the room or have a baby?  nothing? Ya'll? she was sitting in that car hyperventilating, what the absolute hell? Have they had their annual wedding yet? I always look forward to her mayhem and chaos.  I mean Doug seems perfectly nice and all but is anybody even really clocking a retired player hard enough for her to need therapy over?   If anybody should be Escalade-stalking it's Patrice, with her handsome husband.   

Where is Sund'y she got cut?

Meghan boo? Draya was not throwing shade at you, when she asked the director to rewind to "this one shot" he knew exactly where to go.  Step up your spanx game.   Oh and there'll be no tears for you Argentina for the ass beating you'll incur when Patrice gets a hold of your TH about her kids out of wedlock.   Slaying thine enemy is in the Bible, just wait Goliath.

Brandi's pretty but by now she got to have scoliosis from that weave. 

What kind of insult is "you're a big tall, little weenie"?

LOL!!  Girl the best is that Draya said it back to her as though that were a thing.  Hello? Meaghan? Yes, this is the 2nd grade calling, we have very limited inventory, sooooo, we'd like our snap back please. 

• Love 4
(edited)

So why exactly is Shaunie on this show? You know, besides having them all kiss her ass because she's the executive producer.

I'm surprised to see Shaunie AND Tami back on the show...I guess Shaunie consulted with her pastor (again), and he gave her the go-ahead? When she said she's celebrating her 40th birthday, I said "Guuuuuurrrrrl, ok" out loud.

Jackies mispronouncing everything was cracking me up. Troulumpous? Really?

Please let's not forget pot-poor-ree. Chile, I died.

Oh man, Jackie needs to be studied. She's insane.

Borderline Personality Disorder, with shit stirring tendencies?

Meghan boo? Draya was not throwing shade at you,

Cannot stand Meghan's water head looking ass. Not even when she was on Bad Girl's Club. And how exactly does she qualify as a cast member? Because she and Jackie share a publicist? Because she happened to bone a few b-ball players? 

Did ya'll catch the covert shade Jackie threw her way? "Meghan is just upset because she's overweight....." *snort*

Why THE FUCK is Jackie always dressed in turtlenecks, boots, and capes? It's 75 degrees in LA, pretty much ALL THE TIME. 

Edited by Jade Foxx
  • Love 4
(edited)

Cannot stand Meghan's water head looking ass. Not even when she was on Bad Girl's Club. And how exactly does she qualify as a cast member? Because she and Jackie share a publicist? Because she happened to bone a few b-ball players? 

She was on Bad Girl's Club?  That explains why she's trying so damn hard to be relevant.  She's lucky Draya and the editor caught her FUPA and had it edited out.  You can't be trying hard to be sexy with a FUPA in full view. 

Did ya'll covert shade Jackie threw her way? "Meghan is just upset because she's overweight....." *snort*

Oh, I caught this.  And laughed so loud, I woke up my dog.  Jackie Christie at her best!

Why THE FUCK is Jackie always dressed in turtlenecks, boots, and capes? It's 75 degrees in LA, pretty much ALL THE TIME. 

Why are you sleeping on her Audrey Hepburn look?  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
Why are you sleeping on her Audrey Hepburn look?  

LMAO!!!! dead. wrong. for that.   Whenever I see Jackie in that blue coat I'm reminded of Bebe Drake Massey in Boomerang and the pieces of "fur" that kept coming off her shoulders.  

• Love 1