Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Thanksgiving

Chad takes Chanel to his family home for Thanksgiving, where she meets his brothers, Brad and Thad, as well as his parents. However, an uninvited guest throws the holiday into chaos. Meanwhile, Dean Munsch gathers the survivors at Kappa House, but dinner quickly explodes into accusations of who among them is really the killer. Then, the Red Devil carves up a deadly main course as another victim falls.

This show is ridiculous magic.

One god awful family after another until an almost Norman Rockwell Thankgiving at Kappa house while everyone is accusing everyone else of being the killer.

I loved Chanel #1 speech to the Radwell family about how awful they were and then being surprised when Hester followed her out saying all she ever wanted was to be Chanel's sister.

This show is so much fun.

• Love 12

I'm not taking Pete's word on Boone being Wes's son. I'm theorizing that he's the Lady Red Devil's boyfriend and helping her by throwing suspicion on other people. Or he took the sample to prove to himself that Wes is his daddy and is just saying he's Boone's dad to set dad up because he feels he abandoned him. His getting close to Grace is to be close enough to kill her later. Dean Munsch used the RD deaths to cover up her murder, Pete could be using the deaths for his own agenda as well.

Yeah, sure it sucks Wes accused his own daughter of being a serial killer, except Grace did it herself earlier in the season so yeah, not feeling her betrayal pain.

Gigi seriously underestimated her hold/bond over Lady Red Devil given the final scene. Did she kill Gigi because of resentment of having to kill Boone or she's going off book and Gigi had to go?

Chad's family was horrible and his douche behavior cranked up to 11 when around them. Then he skidded into Kappa house looking for turkey and I was laughing at his ass again.

ChanelDenise was sorely missed.

• Love 2

I'm wondering if Pete is transgender and maybe Ryan Murphy is setting up a homage to Sleepaway Camp with a reveal at the end of the season/series ala the ending of that film. People who seen it know what I'm talking about

• Love 10

I have a dumb question and it's been bugging me since the premiere. What exactly is a "poo belly"? Is it that one needs to take a giant dump and is bloated thus making his belly full of poo? Or is it "pooh belly" as in "Your belly is fat like Winnie the Pooh's."?

Fun episode by the way. Denise was missed but I imagined she's off chilling and enjoying her Thanksgiving on an island with an umbrella drink in one hand. That image made me happy.

• Love 2

I'm wondering if Pete is transgender and maybe Ryan Murphy is setting up a homage to Sleepaway Camp with a reveal at the end of the season/series ala the ending of that film. People who seen it know what I'm talking about

I do expect some sort of twist like this.

• Love 4

Good episode, even if it felt redundant having people like then dad and Dean accused we know are not the girl twin and therefore the killer. That said, anyone else think Chanel #5 is the killer? Gigi talks about how the girl twin has to keep her cover and then she shows up with some excuse her parents went out of town and didn't tell her? She is also the only Kappa whose backstory we don't have, right?

• Love 3

I think after Chad, Earmuffs Chanel is my favorite character. I don't know why. I think sometimes she has a Brittany of Glee vibe that I kind of adore. Also, damn it, you guys, there are times where I really think I adore this show. I don't know why. I adore it in a way that makes me question myself. 

• Love 7

Hester said something about the knife being good to go through roasted flesh, didn't GiGi say something similar in the hotel?

While I could see Ryan Murphy doing a twist and having Pete being the Transgender bathtub baby,I still lean towards Hester being Boones twin. Plus if it's not Pete there's no incest situation

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 4

I'm surprised how much I love this show. It's so ridiculous and genius the same time.

Someone mentioned Chanel#5 being murderer and I think that might be true. Hester fits too, but somehow I wouldn't like her to be the killer.

And I'm so glad Gigi is out now, because she was really annoying - since the very first episode.

• Love 2

The Radwell family Thanksgiving was everything I thought it would be and more. Loved everyone going around saying what they were thankful for, and it was all incredibly shallow, self-serving garbage. I also greatly enjoyed the shots of everyone screaming at the end over Gigi's head. Which, by the way, Chanel #5 carried in...just sayin'.

• Love 1

I am leaning towards Chanel#1 being Lady Red Devil.

I would accept Hester, Ear Muff and Zayday as possible alternates.

I will be annoyed if it is Chanel #5 or Pete.

I will also accept Grace even though we kinda cleared her....or have we?

Edited to add: I would watch a series with The Radwells. They are everything. Finally a family sitcom I would watch!

Edited by Chaos Theory
I am leaning towards Chanel#1 being Lady Red Devil.

I thought this episode cleared a few people.  Weren't the scenes with Gigi, the Red Devil (I'm not referring to the RD as Lady Red Devil because even if you were born female if doesn't mean you are still female) played against the scenes with #5 and the Dean and the scenes with the Radwells (which included Chanel #1)?  So only characters that came late are still suspects?  Hester came late to Radwell Thanksgiving, #3, Zayday, Grace, Gracedaddy and Pete came late to KKT.

Which of course does not rule out a 4th killer?!

Amusing.   Again some great lines stringed together with  a thin who dun it.

At this point they should just have everyone guilty of killing at least one person since every one is still pretty much a suspect.

One weird line made me sure that Pete is the other Red Devil.  In Gigi's last scene (in the hotel with the Red Devil), she was about to carve the quail and said something like "little birdy, let's carve off those breasts!"  The Red Devil kills her (offscreen) shortly after that.  I think it's hinting that Gigi forced the "sister" Red Devil to get a sex change as part of her plan, much like she forced Boone to pretend to be gay (for reasons I am not entirely clear on), and her offhand comment made the Red Devil/Pete snap and kill her...   

• Love 7

I had believed Hester to be the other Red Devil, but now I think it's Pete. I think Pete was born a girl. There's just too many murders or attempts at murder where all the Chanels were accounted for, and Grace and Zayday were accounted for. The Red Devil is physically taller than Gigi, and the girls seem to be about the same height as her. We know Gigi's head was substituted for the Turkey sometime after Munsch, #3, Zayday, and Grace checked on it in the oven. Pete came in after that. There's no reason to believe Pete's accusation of Wes being Boone's father is false; but the fact that Pete accused Wes throws the suspicion off Pete, and also drives a wedge between Grace and her dad, which could make her more susceptible to Pete's charms.  The Mandy Greenwell murder (the former Kappa in the trailer) happened after Pete and Grace visited, and Pete was the one who found her. Pete is known to have the costume because he's a mascot. And unlike everyone else at the Kappa Thanksgiving, Pete had no invitation (OK, neither did Munsch, but she stated her reason for being there was the superior kitchen, and she supplied the main course) or reason for being there, he just showed because Zayday was tweeting it. Also, we know nothing of Pete's background.

Edited by Hollysdower
  • Love 1

I thought it was Chanel number five. Maybe the whole story about the guy in the back of her car was fake and she was having some kind of hallucination. I love this show, it's so crazy and funny. When Chanel stood up for number 6/Hester against the Radwell family I may have thrown a fist in the air. Btw, "transgendered" is an insult and not the correct term-  it's transgender, or trans if you really can't keep it all straight.

Julia Duffy is always great, she can play snooty rich bitch so well. "Swarthy little runt"? Bwah! And Alan Thicke as Pa Radwell? Quite the who's who in secondary casting. I agree that I could watch more of the horrible Radwells.

Earmuff's family Thanksgiving was a hoot. The Swensons (Swansons) frozen TV dinners on TV tables in huge recliners in front of a bank of TVs.

There are so many great lines in this show, as ridiculously over the top it is.

• Love 2

The Radwell family Thanksgiving was everything I thought it would be and more. Loved everyone going around saying what they were thankful for, and it was all incredibly shallow, self-serving garbage.

The Radwell T-Day scenes erased a multitude of Ryan Murphy sins that have accumulated over the years. F'ing brilliant right down to the last bit of stunt casting and costuming. Actually, time frame issues aside (as in just where is this college where people from across the country can get there during cocktail hour), this was a really brilliant hour of TV.

• Love 4

Hester said something about the knife being good to go through roasted flesh, didn't GiGi say something similar in the hotel?

While I could see Ryan Murphy doing a twist and having Pete being the Transgender bathtub baby,I still lean towards Hester being Boones twin. Plus if it's not Pete there's no incest situation

Hester and Gigi have a passing resemblance. I'm thinking Hester is Gigi's daughter by either Grace-Dad or some other KKT manwhore. And she is as creepy and murderous as her Mama.

Is there another killer? Why would 2nd/Sister Red Devil - go through the trouble of saving Gigi by killing Boone. Then kill her the next day? Whoever they are - they were going to be late and had have an alibi.

So Who came late? Chanel #5 - I'm leaning towards her more. I agree with the Pete in a Sleepaway Camp twist. Hester - she could have done things before she got to the Radwell's? But that's a stretch. Chanel was with Chad on the way to his awful family...

Also, remember when Boone was talking to someone on the phone - he asked "How's Zayday?" So it seems like someone who close enough to Zayday to report on her. My first thought was Grace - her dad made some good points. Argh - this show has me thinking there's like 4 people that could be the 2nd Red Devil.

Maybe there's more Red Devils??

I like the theme of Family. I'm sad to say I had a "break" from my family and ended up spending it with my friends and their families. Family is truly who you make them to be and who is there for you. Sometimes that is not always the biological kind.

This episode was absolutely brilliant, i love this show and am seriously hoping for a second season. 

I thought it was pretty obvious the red devil was going to kill Gigi, I just got the hunch when Gigi wouldn't shut up about family and got so sentimental and eventually handed the electric carver to the red devil so I wasn't surprised at the head reveal at the end but I did love everyone's reactions to it. 

As for the killer, I'm convinced it's Hester. She's bizarre and crazy enough with the stuff she says that it would make sense, plus we don't know a lot about her family history. Chanel #5 would make sense too but I don't expect Ryan Murphy to make a supporting character with not a lot of impact on the show to be the killer. 

If Pete does end up the killer like some of you guys predicted then props to you, thats super creative and I could see it happening but a part of me still wants to believe SOME of the clues we're getting aren't meant to throw us off (i.e the other twin has to be a girl/in Kappa)

Good episode, even if it felt redundant having people like then dad and Dean accused we know are not the girl twin and therefore the killer. That said, anyone else think Chanel #5 is the killer? Gigi talks about how the girl twin has to keep her cover and then she shows up with some excuse her parents went out of town and didn't tell her? She is also the only Kappa whose backstory we don't have, right?

I'm not sure that it is #5, but remember that strong reaction she had to Boone trying to join KKT? I thought that it was just because she is super protective of KKT and her bs relationship with Chanel. But maybe that was just a cover. Maybe she went off on Boone like that because she was angry that her idiot brother was effing up the plan.

Whoever is the remaining Red Devil killer is kind of an asshole, above and beyond the serial murder. Why knife your brother to death in favor of Gigi and then kill her anyway? The Final Red Devil is aligned with no one.

• Love 1

I had believed Hester to be the other Red Devil, but now I think it's Pete. I think Pete was born a girl. There's just too many murders or attempts at murder where all the Chanels were accounted for, and Grace and Zayday were accounted for. The Red Devil is physically taller than Gigi, and the girls seem to be about the same height as her. We know Gigi's head was substituted for the Turkey sometime after Munsch, #3, Zayday, and Grace checked on it in the oven.

My money is on Pete.  He is the only character who has been largely ignored and pushed to the sidelines.. ,in the "title" sequence a few epsidoes back, he winked at the audience at the end, seems like a hint, and the ultimate lesson of EVERY horror movie is that the love interest, right when you are about to have sex or just did, turns out to be the killer. See Scream.  I see Grace finally relaxing with him and then... well you know.. she will be horribly betrayed.

I recognize this isn't a history documentary, but it kind of pissed me off when no questioned the assertion that their family arrived "30 years before the Mayflower." Unless they are descended from the Spanish, this cannot be true. There was no English settlement in N. America before 1607, i.e. 13 years before the Mayflower. The Dutch first settled later, around 1614.

Edited by ahpny
  • Love 2

I recognize this isn't a history documentary, but it kind of pissed me off when no questioned the assertion that their family arrived "30 years before the Mayflower." Unless they are descended from the Spanish, this cannot be true. The is no English settlement in N America before 1607, i.e. 13 years before the Mayflower.

Hester wasn't there yet and she is the History major.

Why knife your brother to death in favor of Gigi and then kill her anyway? The Final Red Devil is aligned with no one.

I think your second sentence is correct and that LRD was planning to kill both of them all along. Boone's a buff guy so the best time to attack him would be when he's distracted with his pre-murder monologue directed at GiGi. Then when GiGi thought she was safe and let her guard down, LRD was able to take care of her easily, too.

This episode finally has me going crazy trying to figure out who the other RD is. Nitpick about the recap, though: I think you meant 'relegated,' not 'delegated.' And goddamn you for mentioning an IMDB clue! I've been scouring the page and found an interesting thing or two, but nothing really concrete. (Though I did learn that the sorority name was originally Kappa Nu Tau but was changed due to the resulting acronym.)

I'm sorry both of Zayday's love interests are dead now, girl can't catch a break.

I think your second sentence is correct and that LRD was planning to kill both of them all along. Boone's a buff guy so the best time to attack him would be when he's distracted with his pre-murder monologue directed at GiGi. Then when GiGi thought she was safe and let her guard down, LRD was able to take care of her easily, too.

This episode finally has me going crazy trying to figure out who the other RD is. Nitpick about the recap, though: I think you meant 'relegated,' not 'delegated.' And goddamn you for mentioning an IMDB clue! I've been scouring the page and found an interesting thing or two, but nothing really concrete. (Though I did learn that the sorority name was originally Kappa Nu Tau but was changed due to the resulting acronym.)

I'm sorry both of Zayday's love interests are dead now, girl can't catch a break.

I assume Fox made them change the sorority name?

And I have looked over IMDB, but I'm drawing a blank on the clues...anyone care to help me out?

I assume Fox made them change the sorority name?

And I have looked over IMDB, but I'm drawing a blank on the clues...anyone care to help me out?

Have you checked out the Episode Guide already?

LOL I think it was Fox, though it may have been the showrunners, I don't recall if I read who it was. It took me waaaay to long to figure out why 'KNT' would be problematic.

I think Hester, Pete, Chanel, and Chanel #5 are the ones you can make a case for either being their normal self or a killer. The rest wouldn't make sense but then again SQ doesn't make sense in general.

There  could also be another brand new Red Devil Killer who killed The Other RDKs and is just now murdering people on his/her own in which case-Chanels and Zayday. 

My money is on Pete.  He is the only character who has been largely ignored and pushed to the sidelines.. ,in the "title" sequence a few epsidoes back, he winked at the audience at the end, seems like a hint, and the ultimate lesson of EVERY horror movie is that the love interest, right when you are about to have sex or just did, turns out to be the killer. See Scream.  I see Grace finally relaxing with him and then... well you know.. she will be horribly betrayed.

That's part of my Sleepaway camp twist! Grace and Pete Decide to have sexy times. Before they do it Pete tells her he's got something to tell her. Turns out Pete don't have a certain org a n! They can even have Grace say the famous line from the movie only swap out Boy for Girl. Then it hits her Pete is the female Bath tub baby. But then they did mention that the twins are her half siblings so Ewww

I have a dumb question and it's been bugging me since the premiere. What exactly is a "poo belly"? Is it that one needs to take a giant dump and is bloated thus making his belly full of poo? Or is it "pooh belly" as in "Your belly is fat like Winnie the Pooh's."?

I was also wondering this. Is it a widely used term or just a Radwell thing?

I liked the dinner of douches, who would want to be part of that family anyway. I totally would have taken the $50k and bailed. Chanel #3's family was pretty sad. I'd be interested in finding out more about her backstory other than she has a dick of a Dad.

My money is on Pete as the killer now, his investigation just seemed that little bit creepy.

I recognize this isn't a history documentary, but it kind of pissed me off when no questioned the assertion that their family arrived "30 years before the Mayflower." Unless they are descended from the Spanish, this cannot be true. There was no English settlement in N. America before 1607, i.e. 13 years before the Mayflower. The Dutch first settled later, around 1614.

Do you really think Mamma Radwell was going to let a little upstart (and probably horror of horrors! Nouveau riche) claim earlier beginnings in the US than the Radwells? Had Chanel said "my family emigrated in 1776 to support General Washington and the Americans" Mamma probably would have said "we came over on the Mayflower".

• Love 1

That would be a cheap twist and a PR disaster. It is not a good time for an evil trans person story (not that it's ever a good time for that).

Yeah it possibly could be I remember PLL got some Flak for their A reveal. In my Sceanrio it wouldn't have to go down like my post

My thinking: girl red devil doesn't talk ("as usual", said Gigi, or am I remembering wrong?, so the red devil that killed Gigi could have been anyone other that who Gigi thought she was. It's not like this outfit is difficult to come by - even Pete has one in his closet!

So plotwise, we think we don't hear girl red devil because WE are not supposed to know who SHE is, but the actual story is that GIGI thinks she entertains one specific guest when behind the mask hides someone other than the one she thinks is there.

• Love 1

Ooh, the New Red Devil perhaps killed the Bathtub Baby Girl and has been posing as her. It would explain away the most laughable thing for me, that the Girl RD would wear the full costume with just Gigi around. I was going to go with disfigurement but I like this better. It's not Girl. She's dead. But then, wouldn't Gigi and Boone notice? Who is dead that Gigi doesn't know about?

I could watch Radwell Charades on a loop, forever. That was the first time I really, truly laughed out loud at this show. Normally I find it mildly amusing and might snicker here or there, but I was cracking up. It almost made up for the lack of Denise...but only almost. She better be back next ep. She and Chad are the best thing ever.

I was also wondering this. Is it a widely used term or just a Radwell thing?

I liked the dinner of douches, who would want to be part of that family anyway. I totally would have taken the $50k and bailed. Chanel #3's family was pretty sad. I'd be interested in finding out more about her backstory other than she has a dick of a Dad.

My money is on Pete as the killer now, his investigation just seemed that little bit creepy.

Chanel called Hester a poo belly in the first episode.  She wrote it on her stomach even.   I would bet money Poo Belly was made up by writer  Ian Brennen it is his sense of humor.

I would have at least made a play for the money.  Hester probably would have taken it.

Edited by tom87

So is Chanel really gross rich or not? Was that Chad's Dad just trying to get his digs in? Man the Radwell family Thanksgiving makes my family look like The Waltons! They are seriously screwed up, as is earmuff Chanel's family!

Maybe I am dumb but how did Gigi's head get on a platter in lieu of the turkey an nobody noticed? Would have love to have Denise there for dinner.

Not a fan of all the over fluffy and over adorned outfits in this show, but the understated dress Chanel #1 had on at the Kappa dinner was cute.

That would be a cheap twist and a PR disaster. It is not a good time for an evil trans person story (not that it's ever a good time for that).

I feel comfortable in saying that Ryan Murphy pretty much does what he wants, regardless of what kind of reaction he may get. 

• Love 1

I think one of the more interesting scenes was Earmuff Chanel was not wearing earmuffs when they show the first time Grace came to Kappa.

She explained in an earlier episode that some guy became obsessed with her ears or something and threatened to kill if he saw them, or chop them off, or something to that effect.  So her not wearing earmuffs in a flashback isn't unusual at all. 

My money's on Pete.  It's the only thing that makes sense, especially given the fact that "female" RD never speaks, even when alone with GiGi. 

Edited by lezlers