Type keyword(s) to search

Eastenders (BBC) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:39 PM, Decider said:

I can't say that I am happy about the regression with Max and Stacey in the past few episodes, but Jo Joyner knocked it out of the park tonight as Tanya.  

Tanya not having any of Max's shit was so glorious, as was her immediately clocking what was going on with him and Stacey.

I can't say that I am happy about the regression with Max and Stacey in the past few episodes

I know the #1 rule of EastEnders is that no one can be happy but couldn't they let us have Martin and Stacy? I really like them as a couple. 

On 12/28/2017 at 0:10 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Tanya not having any of Max's shit was so glorious, as was her immediately clocking what was going on with him and Stacey.

I was really enjoying Tanya. too. But it seems like she has vanished into thin air! It was so odd for her to be absent for those major moments with Abi's situation. Hopefully, she'll be back on screen next week. 

Jo Joyner was in the middle of filming another project at the time she was asked to appear for Christmas, so they had to schedule her scenes around that. 

I suspect that much of the Christmas storylines were revised because of the producer change, but it just feels wrong and out of place that there are only brief mentions of Tanya and that she would not have been there for the birth of her grandchild, much less by the sides of both of her daughters in hospital.  In fact, there isn't much mention of Abi or anyone asking about her or Lauren at all.  I could see the rest of the Square maybe not knowing since none of them really interact with Max but Jack only found out about her condition today, more or less a week after the accident, and that also doesn't feel right.

Why couldn't they just let Abi leave the Square, join the others in Spain (it just seems a lot of the Square end in up Spain). and have a happy ending.  Jeez, Lorna has been with the show since she was 10.  And she was the only one who tried to at least get rid of Babe. 

(edited)

I like Vincent!  They are really getting rid of all the cast members that I like.   Part of me is thinking about giving up and just waiting to catch up in 7 years when these episodes reach the states.

And, part of that reason was watching the robbery storyline.  Which IMO was the one of the stupidest ideas they ever had. 

Edited by M. Darcy

Wow, and I thought the robbery story line was one of the stupidest ideas.   Mick in jail for shooting Stuart is just as bad (though, I'm a few weeks behind, maybe it gets better. I doubt it though).

Back in PBSland, we are in the middle of Lucy is acting like a total brat storyline which makes me a bit less sad that she going to be killed.  Though, its very gross knowing that her and Max are going to wind up having an affair in about 7 years. 

4 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

Back in PBSland, we are in the middle of Lucy is acting like a total brat storyline which makes me a bit less sad that she going to be killed.  Though, its very gross knowing that her and Max are going to wind up having an affair in about 7 years. 

I'm in PBSland but I thought I'd peek in here.  I'm shocked that Lucy is going to wind up with Max.  Unless they recast Max, I don't think he's that attractive and I don't understand how he got Tanya in the first place, and I certainly don't understand why young women like Stacey and Lucy would fall for him.    

On 8/2/2017 at 9:45 AM, M. Darcy said:

It took all weekend but I'm mostly caught up - just a few days behind.

Question for Brits - is Danny Dyer that popular in England.  Because since Mick returned, he is just so annoying.  Shirley should have made him actually fire her.  Team Shirley!  

And, wow the Taylors.  Its like someone remembered the Millers and thought - lets bring them back but a bit more annoying.  

Where are you watching the more current episodes?

I'm still a few weeks behind (Harley still hasn't given birth yet) but man, I'm am so hating Kat.  They are really having her act the bitch.  Yes, Harley did sleep with Alfie but I'm on Team Harley.  Especially since sleeping with Alfie is punishment enough (and Kat is one to talk considering she also cheated on Alfie).  And honestly, all the shit everyone is giving Harley in the Slater household, all of them have backgrounds so they should all be a lot nicer.

And, Keanu, jeez, you can do so much better than Sharon. :-) 

And so far in this year....Alfie still sucks!  I'm still a few weeks behind but I doubt that has changed.

And, fyi, Sean Slater is in the new Captain Marvel movie!  I did not recognize Robert Kazinsky at all.  Probably for the best since I would have said out loud in the theatre- Hey! That's Sean Slater! 

so, do we think there should be a time jump when the show starts production again? or should it just pick back up and pretend like nothing has happened?

On 5/17/2020 at 12:51 PM, Chip said:

so, do we think there should be a time jump when the show starts production again? or should it just pick back up and pretend like nothing has happened?

I go back and forth on this.  The pacing of the show has been so affected by these 2 a week episodes.  I like all of the stories going on right now, but feel like the Keegan story and the Whitney story are just draggggggging.  Then I remember that at 4 x a week we would be moving along a lot quicker.  

So, to answer your question, I don’t have an answer!  Lol

True, true.  It’s really throwing me that we are headed into June and they are still in their winter coats and hats going around the square.  The other night I was trying to figure out what date these were supposed to be shown.  I know right about at Easter because they made mention of Easter not too long ago in one of the episodes.  

The Christmas cliffhanger with Sharon poisoning Ian's pudding was fantastic, but they kinda whiffed the payoff in the next episode.  I get that Sharon's going for a slow roll with the poisoning, but still.

Powerful stuff with Mick and Linda yesterday with him finally unburdening himself and the horror dawning on her face when she realized what he was saying.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I'm a few weeks behind and only just saw Sharon and Ian's hospital bedside wedding. I was scratching my head like why is this happening, as Sharon has been so adamant since forever about not having romantic feelings. But now knowing it's part of some part of a get back plan against Ian, can't wait to see how it unfolds.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, M. Darcy said:

Poor Kush :-(  I know just about everyone on the Square has killed someone but this is getting ridiculous with Grey. 

Seriously? That's his third body isn't it? That's serial killer territory.

Cannot believe Monday's episode did not load on Britbox and I missed what happened to Kush.  Though Grey's behavior made it obvious he was involved.   Loved how Whit screamed at him and said "You killed him."  Little does she know.

I never would have guessed Nancy's secret.  I think it could make for some interesting family drama, as both Mick and Linda really get a lot of their identity and self-worth from being parents and now Nancy's choosing not to have kids.

I howled when Janine introduced herself as Judith Bernstein and immediately heard Pat saying “she’s about as Jewish as a bacon sandwich” in Pam St. Clement’s voice.  Such great memories of the two of them together.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:54 AM, Decider said:

I howled when Janine introduced herself as Judith Bernstein and immediately heard Pat saying “she’s about as Jewish as a bacon sandwich” in Pam St. Clement’s voice.  Such great memories of the two of them together.

We just had that episode recently in the States!  Sometimes the episodes match up seven year apart - Janine in the States and back in the UK.  

• Love 1

I can’t decide if Billy is being stupid or the writers forgot but of course Jay would have an issue with Janine moving in.  We’re just saw the old episodes here - last time Janine moved in with Billy and Jay she set him up so that Peggy think he stole from her and basically helped push him to run away.