Type keyword(s) to search

Eastenders (BBC) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Gah! This show! I started freaking out when Kat's boy didn't cry immediately and they had to rush him out. And when Alfie returned with him, I may have welled up just a little bit. Obviously when they take the twins home they're going to struggle mightily to make ends meet, but I'm glad they could have at least a few minutes of happiness. It's so rare on this show. :-)

Yes. Agreed. And when he told Stan that it was true, I was like, BWAH? The whole thing makes no logical sense. Ugh.

If Mick knew Ian better, he'd have NO problem at all selling him down the Thames instead of covering for him. Yeah, he lost his daughter, but he's still a weaselly little $#!

I thought maybe he was protecting Ben, who's still out there somewhere. But why would Ben give Jay his incriminating beanie? Which before the CCTV footage was released, no one would consider incriminating anyway? I'm starting to worry that the longer they take to solve this mystery, the more overly-complicated and stupid it's going to become. I no longer feel like they have a pre-determined plan of suspects and evidence that they're going to parcel out until the reveal in February. Now I'm starting to get the impression that they're making it up as they go along and come January, they'll decide which actor they want to let go and then decide they're the murderer. So I figure it'll be revealed to be Fat Boy or something...

But why would Ben give Jay his incriminating beanie?

Because he's a Mitchell and they are just idiots.   Hee, maybe's its Phil's beanie and that's why he made sure that is why no one at the pub saw Ian's appeal.  Because otherwise what he did at the pub makes no sense because the point of the appeal is that people actually see the footage. 

I don't know what crawled up Max's butt and died, but guy needs to get over it. You do NOT yell at Dot.

EVER.

Also, this is the problem with dropping storylines for weeks at a time: It wasn't until Charlie quickly asked Carol if they were still alright that I remembered that she found out that he was lying about Nick being dead. My memory isn't what it once was… and it wasn't that great to begin with!

Okay, so I guess Charlie really IS Dot's grandson, but he's not really a cop. I guess I've got his lies straight now.

Oh, and I don't care if he is a janitor at an old folk's home… he's still fit! :-)

What's her name must be a really bad cop if Charlie was able to convince her he was a cop.

This is been going on for months now - why don't Jay and Lola start dating already and Peter and Lauren.

• Love 1

Lord, I should hope not. But they had to wait until Patrick was all moved in so their split could be as awkward as possible! It's Ian's house, so it's not like Denise can kick him out. Where will she and Patrick go? (She should totally just kick Ian out)

And that's exactly what happened, Decider. As it should have been or else this interminable storyline of Ian trying to keep Patrick from telling Denise the truth would have been a waste.

I won't be surprised if Rainie ends up murdered by early November. Suspects could be Mick, Ian, Linda, Peter or Ben.

Or Cora.

Just out of curiosity since I don't know Denise's backstory - why would Dean care if she was in trouble or not?

Denise was married to/involved with Dean's father, Kevin. I seem to recall that Denise had a close relationship with Dean and his sister when she was with Kevin.

Thanks!  So, Denise is related by marriage to Shirley :-)  Though, who isn't related to someone else by marriage in the Square.

Not quite. They were just married to the same man, Kevin Wicks. They used to hate each other, but have formed a friendship over time.

I'm sorry, but that vicar at the hospital is distractingly hot. Carol should jump on that, as inappropriate as that might be! :-) 

I'm right there with you. I hope this is far from the last time we see him.

That seemed an overreaction by Sonia about Bianca's move.  But maybe she is just a bitch.

I was reading the spoilers for upcoming episodes and

So....Alfie's big plan is to burn down the house for the insurance money. But he doesn't check and Kat is still in the house and is horribly burned. So...Alfie is just an idiot and too stupid to live. But that's nothing new

Watching Sharon and Linda laughing and drinking together like BFFs, I was a little confused, because there's always been animosity between them and the friendship has been totally surface and kind of fake. So I was relieved when they had enough drink in them for them to start sniping at each other again! Fun!

I don't know why Phil is getting so bent out of shape over Sharon trying to steal the money, though. If he confronts her, all she has to do is remind him that he nearly got her killed by his hired thugs, and that should shut him down right quick. And of course, now she's got this thing with Shirley to use against him, too (once she finds out about it, of course), so I think that's Sharon: 2, Phil: 1. Right? ;-)

He is such an idiot - just talk to Sharon. But as normal he will do something stupid and then notice that the money is back. It's funny that Sharon is looking at wedding dresses when she is doing the exact same thing back in PBSland.

Heh I watched all of last week's episodes yesterday and in all the scenes at Sharon and Phil's no one ever seem to mention that Dennis was not around. Like oh Sharon while you were passed out drunk I took Dennis to school and fed him dinner.

• Love 1

Okay, wow. That was very well done. The fire effects, the stunts, the explosion, the burn makeup… Bravo. I was seriously on the edge of my seat the entire time. 

Alfie really screwed the pooch this time. Kat may never forgive him for this. Actually, I doubt he'll ever forgive himself.

And I felt bad for Tamwar, who just scurried away to hide as his own experience came flooding back to him. :-(

I just read on the Eastenders website that they are going to do a rape storyline with Dean raping Linda. I just hope that they don't go the Little Mo way and have people say since he kissed her and she didn't tell anyone that she enjoyed it and was leading him on. Not looking forward to that storyline. Unless everyone believes her and Dean gets arrested immediately and goes to jail. But that's not going to happen.

I'm almost certain it is Shirley & Tina's mother, she is aunt Babe's sister after all.

I think we got another clue that that is true last week - Babe brought home her favorite flowers. 

Edited by M. Darcy

I'm torn. On the one hand, what Alfie did was stupid and irresponsible and illegal and he should be punished for it. On the other hand, losing everything and being saddled with the guilt as Kat slowly and painfully recovers from her burns will probably be a pretty decent punishment as it stands.

But oh my GOD, I really don't like Tosh. So her poking her nose in was really irritating and I wish she wasn't in the right because I hate her so much. She's abusive physically and mentally to Tina, who I really like and I wish she would dump Tosh so she would go far, far away. Ugh.

Bonus points for the Ben recast, who is really cute. Now let's see if he can act...

They've dragged out this Lucy murder mystery for so long that now whenever they decide to drop a new clue/revelation/whatever, it makes little to no impact for me. This whole thing with Jay and Ben has me just shrugging my shoulders and wondering why I should even care. Why they thought stretching this storyline out until the new year is beyond me.

Gah! I was so surprised to see Ronnie, and then Peggy showed up and I was like, "YAAAASSSS!" Listening to her rip into Sharon was so satisfying. But then she gave Ronnie the plane tickets? She's not going herself? LAME.

(Also, I forget whose baby that is. Charlie's?)

Heh, I'm as bad as dealing with reality as Shirley is.  I just want Dot to have a happy happy life.  Which in order to have, she probably needs to move in with Peggy and sit by the pool all day.

Ok, I'm confused.  Do we know what happened between Tosh and Dean?  I can't imagine they slept together. 

Apparently they did have sex and they were both drunk?  I am assuming it happened the night of the stag do when he made the proposal to help her have a baby because I don't recall any other scenes between the two of them after that where anything actually happened.

Is it weird that I was more horrified at Abby running over the dog than someone getting shot?

Absolutely not. I couldn't care less about Phil, Sharon or Shirley getting shot but poor Tramp being hit by Abi, yeah that bothered me a lot more.

That was horrible!  I know I don't watch Eastenders for happy fun times but why the dog!!   And, my guess is no one got shot.  They probably shot the dining room table. 

What would be a even better storyline is if Shirley and Sharon work together to bring down Phil. 

• Love 1

Great episode last night. Everyone's reaction to Phil being shot was great but Ian's hands down wins with 'again?'

Ronnie was cold as a cucumber with the whole thing, getting Jay and Ben to dispose of the gun.

Abi's 'things die' was genuinely unsettling as well. I did suspect she might have bumped off Lucy before. Now I'm almost certain of it.

Of course Shirley has to get away with shooting Phil though. Sharon's overacting wasn't half distracting at times.

Dean really does ugly cry, doesn't he?

Like Emma but she deserves better than Max. Lauren/Peter were deathly dull to watch though.

The whole Dean thing has happened too fast for me, it feels like his arc has gone something like; "I hate you, I hate you x 200, I love you, don't LEAVE meee!!!! Waaaahhh.....". It left me cold, no empathy there for me whatsoever. Also, even if Shirley 'gets away with it', once Phil recovers I guess we now have a good idea how the whole 'Mick being Shirley's son' storyline will be revealed to Mick...

That is what makes half of these characters actions particularly unrealistic to me; Shirley knows that Phil knows her deepest, darkest secret, the one she never wants Mick to discover, yet she throws all caution to the wind regardless; if I had such a massive secret like that I would do everything I could to keep them as sweet as humanly possible, thus ensuring they never have reason to blab!! Tbh I was half expecting Phil to reveal it at the wedding reception in retaliation, imo most people would have done so if someone dropped a bombshell like that to purposely ruin their wedding day wouldn't they? I know I would.

• Love 1