Type keyword(s) to search

Eastenders (BBC) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hadn't thought of that! A psycho since birth! :D

Is that a normal reaction by the British police department to send an entire armored swat team into a bar because of a report that a customer might have a gun? Seemed a bit much! O.o

And this whole storyline might be more interesting if Phil was sober and could fight back. But I don't feel like Drunk!Phil versus Vincent is going to be that fun to watch...

Is that a normal reaction by the British police department to send an entire armored swat team into a bar because of a report that a customer might have a gun? Seemed a bit much! O.o

Its Phil Mitchell - if someone reported he was jaywalking, there would probably be the same response. 

• Love 1

Okay, so what is up with Linda looking so rough?

I would've thought she was pregnant again, but that would be kind of ridiculous. And I don't know if she's actually sick because the other episode where she went upstairs to the bathroom, she got the paper towels ready and slowly knelt down in front of the toilet which makes me think she was going to MAKE herself throw up. 

Has she developed an eating disorder trying to lose weight after the baby? I feel like she's been fine up until now, so I'm not sure why she'd start doing it now. Although I suppose she could've been doing it for a while and we're just now seeing it on screen, but she's just been stressed and not looking quite so rough since the baby. 

Oh, unless she's trying to bulimia her way into her wedding dress... :-/

Linda has always looked a bit rough  but maybe it's the Strictly schedule that's making it more obvious . On her wedding jitters , maybe it has finally dawned on her that Mick treats her like his fourth child  and not like an equal partner . 

Yeah. Vincent should have been told that nobody threatens Dot. Honestly, nobody would ever hurt Dot because you would basically have the entire Square gunning for you. :D

I can't believe that's how poor Fat Boy got written out. How lame. Although since we didn't actually see anything, I'd like to think that didn't really happen. Maybe they left it open in case they wanted to bring him back at some point? 

I can't believe Vincent is taking it all upon himself, though. I mean, Ronnie  is just as much to blame, if not more, since she set the whole thing up. She needs to know what she did so SHE can be wracked with guilt. I mean, for as long as Ronnie feels guilt, which isn't particularly long most of the time. 

Roxy ALMOST redeemed herself by walking out on Dean, but lost any sympathy she garnered by changing her mind at the end. She now deserves whatever she gets. (Although I'm hoping we can get rid of Dean when he likely throws a scene at Mick and Linda's New Year's nuptials!)

Ian is a moron. Taking the blame for the car accident? Gah. I mean, I guess it's nice we can look forward to the eventual episode where the truth comes out and Sharon tears Phil a new one, but that could be a ways off. :P

Oh, and don't send Bobby to boarding school! That's just handing him a slew of new victims on a silver platter! ;)

I remember when Linda was all squirrelly, Mick said something about Johnny, but I can't remember exactly what. Like he couldn't get a flight, and she shouldn't call off the wedding because of that...

I'm only halfway through the Monday episode, so I've been hoping that Johnny is Tina's "surprise" she keeps teasing Mick about at his Stag do. :)

I think the surprise was Linda in the Wonder Woman outfit.

RIP Fatboy. A group of people on Twitter think Claudette killed him - she disappeared for a while and she saw there was no need for ice.

Sigh - I kind of liked the Alfie/Kat free episodes.

Shut up Sharon - Dennis is old enough to know to wear his seatbelt and Phil sure didn't make sure he had it on. As soon as the police investigate the accident, they will probably figure out Phil was driving. Especially when Dennis starts talking about what happened.

Time to watch today's episode. Should be lots of fun. Well, Shirley knows the truth now.

I really thought they were going to kill Dean but I should have known when the day before Matt tweeted a picture of himself looking dead that he would live. It would be better seeing Dean actually going to jail.

Shut up Alfie. So both Alfie and Phil are told they have a medical issue that could kill them and both their reactions are to just not go to a doctor. I doubt the show will kill either of them off though.

Yeah, I thought they might actually kill off Dean, but then I realized there's more drama in letting him go to jail. They can prolong the agony for everyone. I don't mind, though, because this way we get to actually watch him punished for his crimes. If he'd just drowned, that would've been too easy. (Gotta say, though, that lake didn't look like it would've been that deep!) :D

I was annoyed when Phil was ignoring the doctor about his liver, and then Alfie had to come back and remind me how awful THAT whole "I'm going to ignore my brain tumor" storyline was. And now we've got Stacy acting like a loon? Gah. I just want to slap the crap out of all three of them.

BTW, what was up with Stacy insisting to Kush that he's not the babydaddy? Do we think she was lying? Or could she have slept with someone else? (Though I can't imagine who it could be...) They always seem to drag out the more annoying storylines, don't they... :P

BTW, what was up with Stacy insisting to Kush that he's not the babydaddy? Do we think she was lying?

If spoilers are correct, she is suffering from massive postpartum depression and she now believes that God is the baby's father.

That's an interesting spoiler. I have to say that watching Stacey lose her marbles like this is surprisingly entertaining. When she started acting squirrelly, I initially thought I would have NO patience for it. But it's actually not bad. 

Unless, of course, they drag this out too long and it starts getting annoying. That's entirely possible, with this show. :D

RIP Charlie.  I wonder if we will see the other Slater sisters at the funeral or if it will be off screen.  Little Mo is just in Grantchester so its not that big a trip to London :-)

You know, Kyle and Stacy do look similar enough that I believe that they are related.  I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not but

but if you don't know the actor playing Kyle is transgender it might be. I wasn't sure if originally when I heard the casting if it was going to be written in but that must be what is happening with everyone saying there were three daughters and no son.

Part of me almost hopes that Charlie's funeral is off-screen. I watch it on the train going to and from work, and I was crying when he died. If I have to watch a funeral, I'll have to make sure I watch at home. :) Especially if they drag the other Slater Sisters back for a cameo.

I did think it was a bit rude of them to bring Charlie back just to kill him off, but at least he got the lovely sad end credits music. They gave him THAT at least. ;) (Of course, then he was still laying on the couch in the next episode, so... yeah... not so much with the respect, I guess)

And Zoe should be there! Which I really really doubt that she would be there. Which is ok by me.  Michelle Ryan annoyes me 

The description of one of the episodes from last week said that Alfie makes a brave decision.  Which, I'm still confused about that ever happening.  Finally seeing a doctor is not a brave decision.  Its a "its about time" decision.  And, when Phil actually has the moral high ground on behavior, you know you are in the wrong.

• Love 1

Maybe they should just go ahead and

recast Zoe.  Michelle Ryan has said she never wants to return, right?  And Zoe being absent from all the drama they're clearly gonna ramp up with her long lost twin brother seems weird.

Yeah, basically, I'm torn between who is driving me more insane right now:

You've got Phil, not treating his cirrhosis while simultaneously letting Ian take the fall for Dennis' injuries. Ugh.

You've got Alfie, who still can't bring himself to tell Kat he's got a seriously dangerous brain tumor that could probably kill him at any moment. Sigh.

And now you've got Martin, who keeps insisting to everyone that Stacey is fine, when he should really just grab Arthur and run while the men in the white coats drag Stacey off to get better. I mean, seriously.

• Love 1

And now you've got Martin, who keeps insisting to everyone that Stacey is fine, when he should really just grab Arthur and run while the men in the white coats drag Stacey off to get better. I mean, seriously.

I haven't watched yesterday's show yet so maybe he did this but as soon as he got back to the flat, he should have immediately told Kat to call Stacey's doctor.  He could have kept her calm in the other room and have Kat call for help.  I know Kat was dealing with Charlie's death but Stacey needs medical assistance now.  Or he could have had Kush or Nancy or Tamwar call for help.   All three are non idiots and would have helpful in a crisis.  Which surprises me - if the show is working with medical professionals on this storyline, I am surprised that they didn't have the show do that right away. 

But then that's the show - if you are sick, don't go to the doctor.  Sigh. 

Casting news that will likely not surprise anyone (not me, anyway):

Ross Kemp will be returning to the role of Grant Mitchell as part of wrapping up Peggy's cancer storyline.

Edited by Decider

I know it's because they didn't want to show the funeral without Lynne, Little Mo and the real Belinda, but Kat should tell them to go to hell. Especially Mo for not saying why Kat was yelling at Charlie.

Finally Martin is telling someone about Stacy.

I love that the episode after I posted about everyone acting like idiots, everyone mostly came clean! I couldn't believe Alfie actually told Kat about his tumor, especially with everything else she's got to deal with right now. Although that will probably work in his favor. "Kat, you know how your dad just died on this couch we're sitting on right now? Well, I could also die on this couch right now. But hopefully not. Sorry about not telling you sooner!" :D

And I will give Phil a little credit for telling Sharon he was driving. Of course, he's still determined to drink himself to death in the gutter somewhere. Gotta say I'm kind of on Sharon's side in this whole thing. Let him do what he wants! (Although I really think Louise should've just taken the money and run! Left Phil laying on the floor!)

But Martin was working my last good nerve. Stacey is clearly in need of SERIOUS help and could put herself or the baby in danger at any moment. This is NOT when you hide your head in the sand, even if that's pretty much Martin's MO for everything. I will give him partial credit as well for being about to tell Sonya the truth when Stacey came outside in the freezing cold rambling on about god and gifts and whatnot. Thank GOD it's out. Now hopefully Martin doesn't go out of his way to convince Sonya to keep quiet so he can handle it on his own. Because I fear that's his next step... :-/

I was excited to see Peggy again (although it was really weirdly shot so it was almost like the actors weren't even on the same set at the same time...), but devastated to learn they're doing to her what they did to Charlie. Let's keep Dot off camera for a while longer, yes? ;-)

Oh, and now that Kat has decided to go to Charlie's funeral, I would assume that they'll explain the absence of the other Slater sisters by saying that none of them were going to show up because Kat was there? Ugh.

but devastated to learn they're doing to her what they did to Charlie.

Though, it seems like in this case it was Barbara Windsor's choice (idea?) to do this. Though, I guess I should say Dame Barbara. I'm still not sure why they had to kill off Charlie (maybe since Kat will never not have DRAMA). 

hopefully Martin doesn't go out of his way to convince Sonya to keep quiet so he can handle it on his own.

Since she is a nurse, she would hopefully tell him no way on that one. 

Although I really think Louise should've just taken the money and run!

Did her mother teach her anything!  I would think the woman who shot Phil would have no problems taking the money.  Ok, for those who have seen the early Shirley years, if Phil hasn't seen Louise since she was little, how does she know Shirley?

Ok, for those who have seen the early Shirley years, if Phil hasn't seen Louise since she was little, how does she know Shirley?

Louise lived with Phil and Shirley for a short time back in 2010.

In 2007, Phil suggested to his son, Louise's half-brother Ben, that they track down Louise. Ben wasn't keen so Phil dropped the idea. In December 2007, Jack Branning told Phil he knew where Louise was and Phil asked for his help to find her. Jack gave Phil a picture of Louise, which convinced him to find her. In January 2008, Jack gave Phil Louise's address. Phil met Louise and told her he was her daddy only to be disappointed when she pointed to another man and called him her daddy.

Louise moved back into Walford in March 2010, with Phil, Ben, Zsa Zsa and Shirley at 27 Albert Square. In August 2010, Lisa contacts the social worker, informing him that she wants Louise back. Phil says no but Peggy can see that Phil is not fit to be a father at the moment, so she goes against Phil and returns Louise to Lisa.

Source: http://eastenders.wikia.com/wiki/Louise_Mitchell

Edited by Decider

Who did Ryan kill? For some reason, I have forgotten most everything about him.

Ryan tracked down Whitney and her pimp, Rob. As him and Rob fought, they fell into the ocean and Rob died. 

• Love 1

I just made a tweak on this thread. I removed the Spoiler Tag and used the newish Unaired USA tag. So, anything aired in the UK is up for discussion, but no untagged spoilers for future storylines. I also created an EastEnders in the Media thread for discussion of news stories. It could get spoilery in there, so I have tagged accordingly.

Woof! Finally got caught up! I was sick for a bit, and didn't go into work. I usually watch EE on my commute, so I fell behind for a couple weeks.

I think it's hilarious that Abi is trying to get pregnant by any guy who is willing to give her a tumble just to hold on to Ben. Girl, have some self-respect. Ben is GAAAAYYY. You can do better. Well, maybe not. But hey, it's worth a try, right? But just FYI, Lee is NOT an upgrade. He's got just as many issues.

I have to say that when Ben started getting extra enthusiastic about the new baby, I thought he was trying to push Abi into confessing she was lying. But now I feel like he's genuinely just trying to stamp down his real feelings for Paul (and other random men) and commit to loser Abi. Ugh.

I sort of wish Pam would just suck it up and take Les back. This constant "oh, I don't know, maybe, I still love you but I can't get over how good you looked in a dress" is getting a bit tiring. I did think the single beds was a nice, realistic touch. Of course, as soon as they ARE happy again together, Babe will pull out that half-burnt picture she rescued from the refuse pile to ruin Les' life. 

Babe is seriously psycho. I mean, she's a great character because she causes all kinds of drama for the other character with her meddling, but oh my God, I can't imagine that actress can walk down the street peacefully anymore! :D 

How much longer before Phil drinks himself to death? Because I literally can't even with that storyline anymore. He's such a bastard.

Hope you are feeling better!  And, of course, I am sure you got better by ignoring your doctor's advice.  Its the Eastenders Way.

Babe is seriously psycho.

I know!  Get over it.  Stan liked your sister better.  Heh, it would be awesome if it turns out she really has been a Slitheen,all along. 

• Love 1

Wow. EE had been in quite a lull (and there are still some stories I could care less about, like Carter family drama, Donna wanting a baby and Ronnie/Jack), but it's like the writers room woke up and realized that things actually needed to HAPPEN on the show to keep people watching! :D

This week has been BANANAS! Denise's storyline kind of fizzled out, but at least something happened. But those scenes with Claudette were AMAZING. I never though much of Richard Blackwood beyond being a solid slab of beefcake, but he was REALLY good in those scenes. For the first time in a while I'm actually looking forward to what happens next!

I'm finally all caught up!  I get behind a week and it then takes me forever.

I knew Claudette was evil!  I knew it!  I knew she killed Fatboy - I just knew it.  But wow - it takes a lot to kill her.

Man, Nancy is just acting like a spoiled child.  Even if Lee is the favorite (which I don't think so.  I think they treat them all equally) grow up. 

Denise's first episode has now aired in the States - I didn't totally recognize Diane at first since her hair was pulled back.  But since she was Chelsea's mother, I figured out it was her.

Edited by M. Darcy

I have to say I'm really happy EastEnders didn't go THERE with the Carter storyline. That cliffhanger with Linda and Ollie was terrifying, and I was convinced that because this is EE, we were going to be in for a depressing storyline that would have me crying for at least a week's worth of episodes if not more.

So I'm really happy to see that they're not going there, and instead are opting for a story which will give them a lot more drama to play out over a longer period of time. I feel bad for Lee and Nancy, because it looks like Mick wants to murder both of them. O.o