Type keyword(s) to search

Eastenders (BBC) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I am sure that Samuel West would disagree, but between this and Cabin Pressure,  I am started to think of Timothy West as just a bad father!  Getting dumped on the street.  But considering that body bag comment, he probably deserved it.

They are filming Lucy's funeral now which will air in May. I wonder who kills her - my guess is it has to do with the storyline about her sleeping with Max Banning. Which maybe since I am still thinking of her as a little girl in PBS land but ewww

I am probably two or so weeks behind. Janine just got released on the last episode I saw. So, I was surprised to see the above news on my facebook this morning. Seemed kind of out of the blue to me.

I follow Eastenders on twitter and they announced the news a few months ago.  Which seemed strange - wouldn't it be better if it was a surprise when it happened.  But I guess if you don't want spoilers, don't follow them on twitter.

I can't believe that Janine got away with it - that's at least two people she killed and got away with it.  There may be more than two - I just know about Barry and the latest ex husband.  

I honestly can't think of any tv shows in America that has a character that is serving in Iraq or Afghanistan.   I guess maybe Homeland sort of counts.  That was a great scene Friday with Lee talking about his war experience.

The entire Martin never being seen seems a bit strange.  I guess James Alexandrou didn't want to return but it seems like they could have had a better way of dealing with it.

I heart Lee -- the way he dealt with/anticipated Johnny coming out, his pledge to have the dog's back, his primping of Johnny before he went out . . . flove.  He's too perfect, though.  I fear he'll be either evil or victimized before too long.

My discussion is fairly limited as I only have access to Johnny's storyline clips.  If any U.S.ers have suggestions, PM me please?  (And, if I'm not allowed to ask that, please let me know).   

Me too, SS! EE really has been on fire since I started watching again during the week Janine killed Michael. I can't begin to imagine how gut wrenching this week is going to be.

Yeah, I figured that it would look like Max was guilty, but then it would turn out to be Jake. Although I kind of wish it was Cindy because then we could get rid of her, too! ;-)

That said, I'm a little confused by this entire murder mystery. I read somewhere that the actor playing Ian compared it to Broadchurch, which is aiming a little high, I'm afraid. Although I guess if they're going to play the story out in a similar fashion with a random death that uncovers various secrets around town, that could work. Because as it stands, they haven't really presented any true suspects with a decent motive. But as with the sudden coke revelation that came out of absolutely nowhere (I had originally thought Cindy planted it to screw with Lucy, but then Lucy was all "Give me back my drugs, dad!" so I guess not…), perhaps there's more going on than we're privy to at this point...

I'm still concerned, though!

And, they did have that scene with Jake that makes it seem like he's guilty.  Though, what motive?  Unless he was drunk.  Maybe its the person in the Square supplying Lucy with the cocaine. 

I'm not saying that you have to have a boyfriend to make yourself happy, but seriously Bianca.  What was she thinking dumping Terry.  Its not like there is a wide range of men in the Square to date and she's not going to do better than Terry. 

Being a single guy in the Square must be the greatest thing ever.  Even IAN is successful with the ladies. 

That was the saddest episode last night.  Though, I have a feeling when I see Pat's last episode in about 6 years I will find that even sadder since Pat is a character I care about.  Great job by Adam. 

Before Lucy was killed there, did we even know that there was a Walford Commons?  I've never seen it before. 

Yeah, I don't remember them ever mentioning Walford Commons ever. And yeah, that episode was pretty grim. It's what EastEnders does best! Honestly, I'm surprised they let that puppy live! ;-)

Oh, and Pat's final episode? DEVASTATING.

I just love Pat - she is my favorite character.  Sniff.  At least I have many more years with her and her awesome earrings back in PBSland. 

I can't wait until Thursday and the next episode. 

Oh my gosh, last nights episode had me in tears. I didn't even like Lucy as a character and I've never felt impressed enough to compliment anyone's acting on EE but Ian was amazing. His face when it sunk in that it actually was Lucy - utterly convincing. Best piece of acting I've ever seen on that show by far.

• Love 1

The moment that crushed my heart was when Ian told Bobby and Cindy, but we followed Denise into the kitchen with their coats. She shut the door and I thought they were going to do that thing where they didn't want to actually show you the bit or write the dialogue (like the kids couldn't portray the emotions well enough, maybe), but then you could totally hear bits of it through the door. Their sobs and the way Denise just crumbled nearly broke me.

I think that was done purposely...why not show use the kids reactions? I was like "Get off my screen Denise, I wanna see the kids!" But it is interesting that they 'hid' their reactions (esp Cindy's, she POI No1 in my book). I also think it's a little comedic that they're giving lots of people a little bit of 'shadyness' to make them all seem 'hmmm'. Not buying it, for starters, it def isn't Jake, that was so obvious they wanted us to think "omg look at him acting all guilty". If this is gonna run until Feb 2015, there is no way they're going to be throwing out such obviousness to the real murderer at us already.

• Love 1

My guess is

Bianca. If she is leaving anyway, that would tie up both storylines at once.

Oh, Ian.  You are such an ass.  Throwing a pregnant teenager out on the street.   Also, I'm not an expert but I'm guessing that the autopsy would have shown the cocaine use so Cindy really didn't tell any secrets.

Edited by M. Darcy

Unless they leave and then come back like Stacy and Janine seem to do.  But, it was a longshot guess since they don't have any motive.   Heh, maybe it was Stacy or Janine - they have killed just about everyone one else on the show.

• Love 1

I kept thinking at the time that they were misleading us into thinking that it wasn't Nick. It was probably something like he killed himself instead of ODing and they wanted to hide it from Dot. But, if you don't see a body, they probably aren't dead.

Yeah, there was clearly something weird going on with Nick's funeral. Charlie was acting SO shady with Dot, and he made that mysterious phone call being all "Okay, it's done." I wonder if this will tie into Lucy in some way? I have no idea where all these dangling threads are going to go, but I'm hoping some of them get tied up eventually!

Yes there's deffo something suss about charlie. Apparently his mother (Mrs Doyle from Father Ted - Love it!) is coming into the show soon, so we should see further developments there. Please please let her be there when the vicar visits so she can ask "would you like a cup of tea father?" "Go on, go on, go on".....repeat x 20 lol!

ETA: Uh oh, looks like she's a wrong 'un!

The above is about a new character joining soon that I read about, spoilered it just in case.

Re Cindy, I don't get why Ian is putting up with her antics (getting pregnant, stealing 10k from Phil etc) when she isn't even related to him bioloically?!

Tonight's episode, scene with Ian & Phil, had me blubbing again....EE you're eViL to us sentimental types!

• Love 1

Yes, the Ian/Phil scene was great. Everyone's doing great work, but Adam Woodyatt is just heartbreaking when Ian crumbles like that.

And OMG, with that spoiler - it'll be so great to see her again! Loved her! And yes, she has to say that line!

Hee, that was a great impression of Peggy Mitchell by Bianca.  But damn, that was so wrong what she said to Sonia.  And, look their fighting knocked their Mom unconscious. 

I don't care how cute Charlie is, he made Dot cry, so he must be punished. I hope we finally find out what was in Nick's coffin. Though he came with a cop to tell her Nick died so he must have some connection.

I wonder if Nick is even dead.  But what would be the point of making Dot think he was?  Though, didn't Ian knock over the casket so I think maybe his dead body was seen by others.  

I'd say we should know soon but its Eastenders.  They never tie up storylines quickly.  Sharon only recently found out that Phil was the reason Dennis is dead. 

Yeah, sometimes they drag things out for years, but then other times they'll suddenly reveal a secret in the same episode. So you can never tell. This one, however, I fear we may be sitting on for a while.

This whole thing with Nick's funeral just confuses me. Why would they fake his death? What is the purpose of it? Initially, I thought it was to bring Nick out of hiding because maybe he couldn't resist showing up at his own memorial, but that didn't happen, so now I'm confused. And is Charlie a copper? Is that woman really his mother? Is this some kind of long con? If so, to what end? It's not like Dot is some kind of secret millionaire. She wouldn't still be putting up with Mr. Popodopolop if she was! ;-)

I would just hate it if Charlie turned out to be a villain, because he's rather easy on the eyes...

In Other News: Hopefully Lola's screw-up with the newspaper will finally make Peter leave her. Those two have been a nonstarter ever since the show first forced them together.

My suspect of the day is that Aleks killed Lucy. It's his apartment also and I find him creepy.

But I'd rather find out the answer to the Charlie Cotten mystery then who killed Lucy. They really have me totally confused at what's going on.