Type keyword(s) to search

Beauty And The Beast [2012] - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks for the clips and getting us going, dcinmb. So, it looks like Vincent will be escaping and going on the lam? I actually think that's a great direction. It brings us back to the "us against the world" core, where there are plenty of obstacles for V&C but they're fighting them together. (I was also happy to see that it was Gabe-free. Ugh, good riddance!)

One thing that kind of got lost in the shuffle of the last episode was the Tess and JT relationship. I'm still not convinced I like them as a couple. I don't know if it's the actors or the material, but they don't give me anything more than a platonic vibe. I kind of would have preferred if they made them get closer as friends instead of going the romantic route but luckily they play off of each other well, so nothing they do is too squishy.

Has anyone seen any new interviews? Aside from the thanks video, I feel like they've been really sparse this season. I miss seeing JR & KK interacting out of character. They have such a great dynamic off-screen too--always fun to watch.

One thing that kind of got lost in the shuffle of the last episode was the Tess and JT relationship. I'm still not convinced I like them as a couple. I don't know if it's the actors or the material, but they don't give me anything more than a platonic vibe. I kind of would have preferred if they made them get closer as friends instead of going the romantic route but luckily they play off of each other well, so nothing they do is too squishy.

I love J.T. and go back and forth on Tess, depending on how she's written in each particular episode. The writers really have given her short shrift this season. They did a better job with her in Season 1---she was a bit man-crazy at first and her affair with Joe came out of nowhere---but at least I felt like I had a handle on her personality and understood her motivations.

As for JT&T, I'm not quite buying them as a couple either, maybe because the writers haven't shown us why they've fallen for each other. They pretty much just bicker all the time and it's not hot bickering like with Vincent and Catherine. Off the top of my head, I can think of only two "real" conversations between them: the first where they're drinking beer at a bar, commiserating over the "loss" of their best friends, and the second when J.T. tells Tess about his role in Vincent's involvement with Muirfield.

Has anyone seen any new interviews? Aside from the thanks video, I feel like they've been really sparse this season. I miss seeing JR & KK interacting out of character. They have such a great dynamic off-screen too--always fun to watch.

It's probably just the shipper in me talking, but it seems like they go out of their way to avoid interacting with each other off-set. There have been lots of pics of them with other cast members but only one group picture that included both of them. And I've seen occasional tweets between her and Sendhil, Austin, Nina, Tom Everett Scott, Elizabeth Rohm, etc., but she and Jay almost never tweet each other. When asked who makes her laugh, she says Nina, Austin and Sendhil. She will occasionally tack Jay's name onto the end of that list but not often, even though it's crystal clear from joint interviews and bloopers that she's constantly cracking up around him. Also, she gushes about how wonderful it is to work with Sendhil but when asked about Jay, she'll usually respond with a simple "Great" or "Torture ;)" Like I said, it's more than likely just wishful thinking on my part.

This video isn't new but I hadn't seen it until recently.  There's no audio but it's still interesting to see how they interact when they're not "on" for the cameras.

• Love 1

Like I said, it's more than likely just wishful thinking on my part.

I'm right there with you, dcinmb!  Thanks for the video.  I hadn't seen it before either.  It was also interesting to re-watch the actual interview.  They even discussed how hard it was going to be to get the audience to forgive Gabe for what he'd done in Season 1.  It's unfortunate the writers didn't have the same concerns.

I watched a few of the linked videos and came across this one of Jay's girlfriend.

Ooh, thanks for all the great links! Nice to help with the looonnnggg hiatus.

The behind-the-scenes vid was really intriguing. I wonder if Jay gets a little nervous about interviews--he seemed really restless. (Although clearly not so much so that he didn't check out KK's legs. Busted!) They seem really comfortable together, which I guess makes sense, as much time as they spend together. Odd about what you've noticed dcinmb about them kind of avoiding the subject of each other. I wonder if it's because there was some buzz about their off-screen chemistry last year so now they're consciously dialing things down? Or maybe they're trying to deflect? Hmm... Then again, maybe JR's gf lowered the boom after watching the sizzle one too many times. ;) 

Thanks for also posting the actual interview, chaja. I don't think I'd seen it before now, so it was interesting to see how they presented S2 vs. what we actually ended up seeing. For one thing, I noticed KK said that Gabe was going to spend all season redeeming himself and earning everyone's trust back, but that clearly didn't happen since Catherine ended up not only forgiving him but actually getting together with him by midway through. IMO the more drawn-out timeline would have worked better since many of us probably wouldn't have the feeling that "artificially redeemed Gabe" was being shoved down our throats.

As for the video of JR's gf--well, if he has a set type then I no longer have any suspicions about him and KK, since his gf seems to be a very different type. She's probably super interesting, though, if she both writes and acts in plays!

I thought I would start a general discussion thread since the Small Talk Up on the Roof is for off topic discussions per the mods.

I am so glad that we got our VinCat couple back in the last episode that aired, I didn't mind that there was not a lot of scenes of them in bed, we got lots of flashbacks to some of the more romantic moments from S1 with those two at the beginning of the episode.

And I still think that Gabe might be behind Vincent being arrested, I have always had my doubts about him, after S1 his 180 from being a mean beast to being an all around good guy rang very false to me.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

(edited)

The behind-the-scenes vid was really intriguing. I wonder if Jay gets a little nervous about interviews--he seemed really restless. (Although clearly not so much so that he didn't check out KK's legs. Busted!) They seem really comfortable together, which I guess makes sense, as much time as they spend together.

He doesn't strike me as the nervous type, particularly since he's been doing press since he was a teenager.  Plus, he just comes across so confidently in interviews, especially during the large panel discussions where he's always cracking jokes; I love how Kristin, Sherri and Jennifer seem to get all giggly around him (last year's saucy fanfic conversation at Comic-Con comes to mind).  I agree that he's very fidgety in this particular video, although he seems to calm down a bit once he's scooched up against Kristin.  And the leg segment was intriguing.  Looks like it started off as a conversation about her shoes but it seemed to go on for quite a while.  Not that Jay seemed to mind!  He did say in an interview that the first thing he notices about a woman is her eyes, followed by her legs.

Odd about what you've noticed dcinmb about them kind of avoiding the subject of each other. I wonder if it's because there was some buzz about their off-screen chemistry last year so now they're consciously dialing things down? Or maybe they're trying to deflect? Hmm... Then again, maybe JR's gf lowered the boom after watching the sizzle one too many times. ;)

I did find it interesting that Kristin broke up with Mark Hildreth, whom she'd been dating since 2004, in early 2013.

As for the video of JR's gf--well, if he has a set type then I no longer have any suspicions about him and KK, since his gf seems to be a very different type. She's probably super interesting, though, if she both writes and acts in plays!

I don't know if JR has a set type, but he doesn't seem to have had many serious girlfriends since he's been dating this one off and on since he was 19 years old.  She's significantly older than him and already has two kids in their early to mid-twenties.

Jay Ryan Source on Facebook has lots of recent on-set photos of JR and KK.  It's really too bad JR and KK aren't more interactive with their fans on social media.  Kudos to Arrow's Stephen Amell for making a real effort to stay connected with fans on his Facebook page.

Also came across these JR videos on YouTube.  Be prepared for some horrific acting in the second video, which also features Bridget Regan (Alex) at the end.

ETA: More on-set pics

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 1

Thanks for posting the Jay Ryan videos. Wow. You weren't kidding about the second one. I've heard good things about The Legend of the Seeker but the acting in those clips was truly cringeworthy.

I don't know if JR has a set type, but he doesn't seem to have had many serious girlfriends since he's been dating this one off and on since he was 19 years old.  She's significantly older than him and already has two kids in their early to mid-twenties.

Jay Ryan said in an interview that his girlfriend's pregnancy was a complete surprise. He's been together with this woman off and on for more than 13 years, during which time they somehow managed to avoid any "accidents," but the minute he starts working with Kristin Kreuk, "Surprise!!" Riiiiigghht.

I will be shocked if this turns out to be true, but Sunil Punjabi, the head of Sony Pictures Television's AXN network in India, just tweeted that BatB has been renewed for a third season . . .

Suniil Punjabi ‏@7Joker  5h
@anapianapia s3 for B&B is confirmed

Wow, I just saw this announcement.  To say I am shocked is an understatement.  But I am also very happy.  

Now let's get the rest of this season under way and we can now look forward to a S3 for Vincent and Cat.

Well it's about damn time . . .

Stuart Gillard ‏@stugillard 9h
Will be lots of Vin/Cat time in S 3. Promise. Can't beat @MsKristinKreuk @JayRyan chemistry-love directing them. #batb #beasties

And I sure hope there's lots of VinCat in the remaining six eps of this season.  (Stu Gillard's twitter feed has lots of pics of KK and JR in NYC on their final day of shooting)

Love him . . .

Austin Basis @AustinBasis  ·  May 8
Just this... #Season3 #HappyDance :) @DesigningAshton #BATB https://vine.co/v/M6YQxuwihDd

(w/BatB Costume Designer Catherine Ashton)

Eric Johnson ‏@EricJJohnson79 17h
I would congratulate @MsKristinKreuk on a season 3 pick up of Beauty and the Beast, but like there was ever any doubt about that happening;)

Kristin Kreuk ‏@MsKristinKreuk 15h
@EricJJohnson79 haha, yes, it was definitely a sure thing. Sort of. Ish. And thank you!!

Nina Lisandrello ‏@NinaLisandrello
I'm sad about the cancellations, and humbled that #beasties got #BATB renewed. I'm pretty sure the CW is just scared of u guys.

• Love 1

Well it's about damn time . . .

And I sure hope there's lots of VinCat in the remaining six eps of this season.  (Stu Gillard's twitter feed has lots of pics of KK and JR in NYC on their final day of shooting)

Love him . . .

(w/BatB Costume Designer Catherine Ashton)

thanks for the link to the pics of the cast/crew filming the last day.  I just hate that we have to wait until June 2 to watch the rest of the season.

(edited)

Wow, I couldn't be more surprised! Great news, though I really, really hope they have some take-aways from what worked and what didn't for S2 and make some needed adjustments. I'm not sure who Stu Gillard (from dcinmb's post above) is, but it sounds like he's a writer and he's on the same page, so I'm remaining optimistic.

Thanks for the reminder of when the remaining eps start, am1994--I came on here to check because I couldn't remember. At least it's during a time when every other show is on summer break, so maybe that'll help in the ratings? I know I'm looking forward to having something to watch in June aside from reruns. Finish strong, BATB!

ETA: Did anyone see any info on what night BATB will be getting next season? I hope they move it away from Mondays, where it clearly wasn't getting any traction. I also hope they promote these summer eps heavily and maybe entice some new viewers. As long as they stay away from some of the overly convoluted plot lines, it's actually a show that new viewers can pick up pretty easily.

Edited by ElleBee
(edited)

How was 'Beauty and the Beast' renewed? We investigate (cartermatt.com)

CW's Pre-Upfront Meet the Press (Deadline)

8:35 AM ET: One reporter wondered why Pedowitz had renewed Beauty And The Beast but not Tomorrow People, which did better numbers. Pedowitz reminded the reporter he’s always said CW was a “very different type of broadcaster” and ratings aren’t everything.  Beauty And The Beast has “great upside potential for our audience.” It’s a great business model in that the series works in the international marketplace as well as digitally, etc. Tomorrow People was a “really, really good show” but “just didn’t have the same level of social engagement or digital that Beauty And The Beast had,” he said.

CW's fall schedule: 'The Originals' moves to Mondays, 'Hart of Dixie,' 'Beauty and the Beast' held for mid-season (Washington Post)

“Hart of Dixie” and “Beauty and the Beast” will return mid-season, along with dramas “iZombie” (just what it sounds like) and more futuristic sci-fi with “The Messengers.”

BatB Season 3 Description (The Wrap)

Finally breaking free of Muirfield, manhunts and beasts, Detective Catherine Chandler (Kristin Kreuk) and Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan) are able to focus on their love.  However, that love will be tested as new and more dangerous threats await.  When they learn that innocent victims are being used to test the boundaries of the impossible, Cat and Vincent will uncover a deeper conspiracy, one which Vincent can fight only by turning to the beast he carries within.  But unleashing the beast will risk Vincent's life – along with his and Cat's love – as they struggle to build a normal life together.  BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Take 5 Productions/Whizbang Films with executive producers Brad Kern (“Charmed”), Bill Haber (“Rizzoli & Isles,” “Thurgood”), Paul J. Witt (“A Better Life”) & Tony Thomas (“A Better Life”), Ron Koslow (“Moonlight”),  Frank Siracusa (“The Yard”) and John Weber (“The Borgias”), with Sherri Cooper (“Brothers and Sisters”) & Jennifer Levin (“Without A Trace,” “Felicity”) as consultants.

More pics of KK and JR in NYC on their final day of shooting

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 1
(edited)

Cute pictures from the set! I wonder if they were filming when those shots were taken? They look very relaxed/comfortable, which makes me think they're not in V/C mode. It's funny how their chemistry shows through, even when they're not in character. Whoever decided to put those two together should be in charge of casting all shows' love interests.

So it sounds like next season will potentially be abbreviated (13 eps) and not air until 2015? They're really not doing this show any favors, splitting off the last few 2014 eps and then putting it on another 6 month (plus ?) hiatus. It's no wonder it has such a hard time building a fan base. I did notice some reruns on TVGC (TV Guide Channel--Sunday nights) so maybe that'll help bring some new viewers into the fold. The Big Bang Theory has gone up year-over-year, despite it being an older show, and apparently they credit the increase to the proliferation of reruns on other channels bringing in new viewers. It would be nice if that effect could happen to BATB too, even if on a smaller scale.

Edited by ElleBee

I'm glad they finally shot an ep in NYC for real :)  (Those fake subway entrances they use on the show crack me up).

In case anyone was wondering, the last 6 eps of Season 2 start on June 2nd at 9PM.

thanks for all of these links, I'm getting psyched for June 2.

I also enjoyed the S3 synopsis under the spoiler button.

SYNOPSIS

VINCENT IS ARRESTED — After Vincent (Jay Ryan) is arrested for murder, Cat (Kristin Kreuk) and the team must work together at all costs to clear Vincent's name. When they discover who turned Vincent in, they realize they have a bigger enemy to handle. Sendhil Ramamurthy, Nina Lisandrello and Austin Basis also star. Fred Gerber directed the episode written by Sherri Cooper and Jennifer Levin (#217).

EXTENDED PREVIEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMYoVmbFGHg

PROMO STILLS

Something to look forward to!

fONeSPT.png

• Love 1

Good news that it's written by Sherri Cooper and Jennifer Levin--of all the writers, they seem most in tune with the relationship part of the show. Looking forward to the 2nd!

• Love 1

Oh my, I like that scene of VinCat finally kissing again, I've really missed their lovely and sexy chemistry.

And I do think that Gabe will end up being the bad guy again by being the one to have Vincent locked up.

• Love 1

Thanks for all the links, dcinmb! Love the photos of KK and JR in NYC. They are ridiculously adorable together. I recently introduced a few friends to BatB--we've been marathoning Season One and will try to tackle the season finale and most of Season Two on Sunday--and they tease me about having a crush on JR, but it's more like I have a crush on both of them. Still shocked that the show got a third season but very happy. Too bad it will only be 13 episodes but I figure we're lucky to be getting anything at all!

Oh my, I like that scene of VinCat finally kissing again, I've really missed their lovely and sexy chemistry.

Even better, it looks like they're kissing in the shower! Not sure why they're fully clothed but I expect to see some disrobing PDQ!

Even better, it looks like they're kissing in the shower! Not sure why they're fully clothed but I expect to see some disrobing PDQ!

Ooh, a shower scene would definitely be awesome.  Just a little over a week and we can rejoin our favorite couple.  It's been a bit hard waiting for all this time, but knowing that our show will be back next season has made the time go by a bit better.

Thanks for all the links, dcinmb! Love the photos of KK and JR in NYC. They are ridiculously adorable together. I recently introduced a few friends to BatB--we've been marathoning Season One and will try to tackle the season finale and most of Season Two on Sunday--and they tease me about having a crush on JR, but it's more like I have a crush on both of them. Still shocked that the show got a third season but very happy. Too bad it will only be 13 episodes but I figure we're lucky to be getting anything at all!

Yes, next season it will only be 13 episodes, so if that will be the last season for BatB, then it had better go out in style with VinCat walking into the sunset together.

I had read online that the big reason that BatB was renewed for S3 was because it is very popular in social media and also has a huge following internationally.  Whatever the reason, I'm just ecstatic to have it back.

(edited)

KSiteTV interview with Austin Basis

"I think the next six episodes that we have left of Season 2, I'm pretty sure the network saw [them] and they could see that this show has a future, and that there are some good episodes in the can right now," he said. And what can fans look forward to in those episodes? "While dealing with what we're dealing with in Season 2, as a whole, the episodes are a throwback to the episodes of Season 1, where it's Vincent and Catherine against the world, and then J.T. and Tess, and Gabe, too, 'cause he's part of the Scooby Gang… it's a real old-school kind of coming together for a single cause -- saving Vincent, getting him out of jail, and trying to find out who is responsible, and putting them to the test, making sure that they pay for what they've done," he revealed.

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 1

This show has always worked best with VinCat together fighting for each other and for injustice.  The first part of S2 was Vincent and Cat against each other, and it did not work at all.  

I'm so glad it is going back to what made me fall in love with our main couple, VinCat and friends against their enemies.  And of course I want lots of VinCat romance and sex scenes, because JR and KK are so great on screen, they just ooze sex and love and romance.

• Love 1

You weren't kidding about the second sneak peek being a good one! Getting excited for tonight and hope the long wait will have been worth it. It's been far too long since I've had Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan and their intoxicating chemistry on my TV screen.

I think shorter seasons could work- tighten up plot lines. It seems network tv is taking after their cousins in cable land and seeing that money can be made if you write and shoot STRONG episodes to keep your fans loyal. Look at the success Fox is having with Sleepy Hollow.

• Love 1

I don't get the episode title. Help, please?

So Gabe called in the dogs to what? Split up Cat and Vincent? Or get Vincent caught? Or get Vincent caught and killed?

That last shot of Gabe: I was expecting him to crawl up the wall a la Heroes, except he looked too smug and relaxed.

I knew Gabe was not the good guy he was claiming to be.  I'm thinking he is also behind Cat getting catnapped at the end of the episode.  The actor is good at playing charming but with a hint of 'too good to be true' vibe, but that last shot of him smirking at the tv came as no surprise to me.  He's still the bad guy from S1, and he will stop at nothing to kill Vincent. He knows the only way to get Vincent to show up again is to have Cat in danger.  

The best parts of the episode were all of the VinCat scenes, they cemented their love for one another finally after the big mess that was the first part of S2.  Their romantic scenes were lovely, and I really enjoyed all of the "I love you's" between them.

JT and Tess are still not jelling with me yet, maybe after I see them together a bit more they will feel more believable.

I'm looking forward to next week already.

I think shorter seasons could work- tighten up plot lines. It seems network tv is taking after their cousins in cable land and seeing that money can be made if you write and shoot STRONG episodes to keep your fans loyal. Look at the success Fox is having with Sleepy Hollow.

I just hope these next episodes are written in a more cohesive manner then the first part of S2 was, the worst part was where Vincent and Cat fell for other people.  Neither of their other romances were believable at all, and it just screwed up the chemistry between VinCat.

This show works best with them as a couple with the 'us against the world' feel to it, imo.

I don't get the episode title. Help, please?

It's a pun off the show, "Orange is the New Black", a popular dramedy about a women's prison on Netflix.

• Love 1

What a refreshing change it is to be able to watch this show without wanting to tear my hair out by the end of it. I'm willing to forgive a few minor nitpicks (e.g., VinCat not understanding how curtains work, the nonsensical, inorganic reasoning the writers came up with to get them into the shower together) because I'm so freaking happy that Vincent and Catherine are back together and madly, head-over-heels in love with each other again.

Sherri Cooper and Jennifer Levin managed to cram a whole lot of plot into 42 minutes, with a nice blend of humor, pathos and intrigue, and most importantly, A LOT of wonderfully sexy, funny, romantic, heartbreaking VinCat moments. The ep also made good use of J.T. and Tess and they're even starting to grow on me as a couple, maybe because Tess seems to have softened up a bit in the way she interacts with him. I especially loved the Catherine/J.T. scene where she told him that Vincent was gone.  

As for Gabe, I love that everyone, particularly Catherine, immediately assumed he was responsible for Vincent's arrest, indicating that months and months of brown-nosing and trying to "redeem" himself were all for naught. I'm just glad his true nature is continuing to surface and expect Catherine et al. to twig onto the fact that he is still EVIL and revoke his Scooby Gang membership any minute now.

Just one major quibble: Vincent told Catherine that this is the fourth time he's handcuffed her/tied her up. I sure would've liked to have seen the third time he did it! It's been far too long since we've had a love scene. Guess now that Heather's in Miami, Gabe's taken over her kissus interruptus duties.  As if I didn't already have enough reasons to hate him.

Can't wait for next week. Did anyone else find the final scene where Catherine was grabbed to be particularly dark and brutal? I don't know if it's the way she was screaming or the way it was shot, but it was pretty unsettling.

• Love 1

'Beauty and the Beast' Returns With Most-Watched Episode in More Than a Year (TV By The Numbers/Zap2It)

With WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? on its new night and the return of Beauty And The Beast, last night was The CW's most watched Monday night (1.36M) and best A18-34 (0.4/1) for the night since 12/30/13 (iHeartRadio Music Festival). It was The CW's most watched Monday with regularly scheduled programming since 5/14/12.

With back to back episodes of WHOSE LINE at 8pm, The CW had its most watched (1.62M) hour in the time period in three years (since 5/16/11).

At 9pm, Beauty And The Beast returned with its most watched episode (1.1M) since last season's finale on 5/16/13.

BATB was also up 39% in total viewers from its last original episode, and doubled its A18-49 (0.4/1) rating. It was up 50% in A18-34 (0.3/1).

I just hope these next episodes are written in a more cohesive manner then the first part of S2 was, the worst part was where Vincent and Cat fell for other people.  Neither of their other romances were believable at all, and it just screwed up the chemistry between VinCat.

This show works best with them as a couple with the 'us against the world' feel to it, imo.

Yes, we waited last season for them to get together, and besides that side story with the old fiancée (which was at least believable because Vincent did have a life before), it was a nice satisfying build up. And then to throw them A PART and having them fall for others? No I never believed that Cat even liked Gabe, much less would choose him over Vincent. He may be the more handsome man (IMO) but they had no chemistry. 

Does anyone know how many episodes we get before the season ends?

Can't wait for next week. Did anyone else find the final scene where Catherine was grabbed to be particularly dark and brutal? I don't know if it's the way she was screaming or the way it was shot, but it was pretty unsettling.

I thought so too, it sounded like she was getting beaten while being taken, which makes sense in a way because Cat would never go quietly, she would try and fight to the end to stop from being taken.

It was a very scary ending to the episode.

Does anyone know how many episodes we get before the season ends?

I think it may be a total of 6 episodes that we get for the remainder of the season, but I could not find anything definitive on the CW site.

(edited)

thanks dcinmb for the info on the ratings,  those are great number for the show, I hope it stays steady for the duration of the season.

I do wonder if the replaying of BatB S2 on TVLand helped with those numbers?  Whatever the reason, this was a good night for the show.

Edited by am1994

Great news! Also I'm sure it helped that the episode aired during the summer, when many other shows have gone into reruns and there's less first-run competition. It actually may be better served as a summer show in general--I think ABC Family has had a lot of success with their show that air during summer.

(edited)

the nonsensical, inorganic reasoning the writers came up with to get them into the shower together

Yeah, what was that? Far be it for me to complain about V&C kissing in the shower but why the clothes? Worried about censors, maybe? If that's the case, I just wish they'd come up with some semi-logical reason to explain it. Totally made no sense. </nitpick> </looking a gift horse in the mouth>

The ep also made good use of J.T. and Tess and they're even starting to grow on me as a couple, maybe because Tess seems to have softened up a bit in the way she interacts with him.

I agree that Tess has softened up on him and it improves the relationship but more than ever, I was just getting a friendship vibe off of them. There was even a point when it seemed like they might kiss (right before they left at the end) and I was thinking, "Don't kiss! Don't want to watch that!" Which is too bad, because I really like both of them and I like the idea of them together but when they're romantic-ish, I can't help but get kind of skeeved out. I did absolutely love the "Don't JT me!" line, though. Favorite line of the whole ep...

So in general I thought it was really great! (Yay! Finally!) It just goes to show that the formula of having them together, but still facing challenges and adversity, really works. I don't even mind if they're going to be apart for a while or it might take them a bit to physically find their way back to each other, as long as they're mentally and emotionally together. Thank you Sherri and Jennifer for understanding that fundamental concept.

I wonder about Gabe. It seemed like he was pretty sincere in the start until he talked to Catherine's dad and took up the "must do anything to protect Catherine" torch. I wasn't entirely clear on whether his moves were because he's secretly been a baddie this whole time or whether it was just a strong reaction to talking with daddy. I would absolutely love it turned out that Gabe had been playing them this whole time--from start to finish, including Catherine. I sometimes feel like this show doesn't have a lot of surprises or "wow, didn't see that coming!" moments, considering it's supposed to be something of a thriller/mystery.

Anyway, welcome home Catherine and Vincent! I'll conveniently forget major portions of pre-break S2 if it means getting to see you back doing what you do best. :-)

Edited by ElleBee

No I never believed that Cat even liked Gabe, much less would choose him over Vincent. He may be the more handsome man (IMO) but they had no chemistry. 

I always wondered about that--whether I wasn't seeing chemistry between them because of wishful thinking, whether KK was doing an excellent job of playing some chemistry but not as much, or whether KK just naturally has less chemistry with SR than with JR. Maybe a combination of all three...