Type keyword(s) to search

Eastenders (PBS) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I hate Peggy Mitchell, can't stand to look at her or listen to her voice.  However, I'll be glad when this whole Dead Den storyline is over.  Maybe Sharon will finally get off my TV screen as well.  I can understand grieving over her father, but I've always felt that she had more than fatherly love for him.   I just find her to be creepy and unhinged.

I don't know about a more than fatherly love vibe for him. But the fact that Den slept with Sharon's best friend, Michelle,  gave me the wigs.

• Love 2

I enjoyed the trip to France.  It was a nice break from Chrissy, Den, Dennis, and Sharon.   A little comedy, some bonding among friends/siblings, and back story on Mickey and his father.   Is Mickey going to end up working with or for him?

I did enjoy the trip to France with the guys.  However, I'm just guessing that the father and perhaps the daughter are going to go to Walford.  Then that's where the Millers come in, and I'm not looking forward to that.  

• Love 1

I did enjoy the trip to France with the guys.  However, I'm just guessing that the father and perhaps the daughter are going to go to Walford.  Then that's where the Millers come in, and I'm not looking forward to that.  

So, the sister came back to London, but the father is on the run.  I'm sure he'll show up sooner or later.  Maybe that sister will inject a little new life into the Millers.  He already told Keith to get a haircut.  Maybe she'll tell him to bathe regularly next.  I think the next Miller storyline will be that "female trouble" operation Dawn is supposed to be having.  I hope it's not an abortion.  There have been too many birth related stories recently.

On the plus side, it looks like Chrissy may finally fall.  Long, long overdue.  

I don't mind the Millers though I do wish that Dawn will use her powers for good and drag her layabout stepfather to a barber. Her mother could use a makeover as well. Honestly, why doesn't she do something nice like that rather than carping on Keith, who really ain't so bad and it's admirable that he's learning to read. That family can pull together when they need to. It would be wonderful to see Dawn help Keith get a job. 

Edited by RedHawk

Keith has never shown any indication that he even wants a job.  And what's stopped him from learning to read all these years?  I'm pretty sure he's not the only illiterate person in the country, and I would imagine that the others managed to find some kind of work, probably some manual labor.  He's always seemed to be quite content watching the "telly" while the mother scrimped and scraped to feed the family.  I think he's disgusting. 

• Love 4

Keith Miller is one of the Worst TV Fathers EVER! He scams the disability system. He'd rather that Rosie and Mickey work so he doesn't have to bite the bullet, embrace his inner moppet and learn to read. He can't get off the couch to look for Demi when she ran away with her loser boyfriend. Not to mention, he probably is the most hygienically challenged tv character EVER (Pigpen on the Charlie Brown specials does not count!).

• Love 3

It's good to see Grant and Phil.  I used to like them in the old days.  They tended to be interesting, except when paired up with Sharon.  They seem to be greasing the wheels of the Chrissy express.  How much longer does this story line stretch out for?  Once Chrissy is in jail, and she has to end up there or I'll throw my shoe at the TV, hopefully Grant and Phil stick around for a little while (sans Sharon) and go a few rounds with Johnny Allen.

Keith has never shown any indication that he even wants a job.  And what's stopped him from learning to read all these years?  I'm pretty sure he's not the only illiterate person in the country, and I would imagine that the others managed to find some kind of work, probably some manual labor.  He's always seemed to be quite content watching the "telly" while the mother scrimped and scraped to feed the family.  I think he's disgusting. 

Remember that he also has a convenient "bad back".

• LOL 1

Oh yeah, forgot about the "bad back."

Also, I remember when the Millers first came to Walford when they stole the mattress that was supposed to be for someone else (I forget who).  Yeah, what a classy family. 

• Love 1

Oh yeah, forgot about the "bad back."

Also, I remember when the Millers first came to Walford when they stole the mattress that was supposed to be for someone else (I forget who).  Yeah, what a classy family. 

And they set fire to Arthur's bench.

So, we're finally going to see an end to the Chrissy-Den-Sam storyline.  About time.  It's nice to see the Mitchell brothers back in the Square.  A few good rounds of their vying with Johnny for control could be fun.  I hope their involvement in the Square broadens beyond torturing Ian.  Ian's finally getting to a good place after years of more downs than ups.

I haven't watched this show in several weeks because I got tired of the Millers story, the who killed Den story, and any scenes with Sam, Chrissy or Peggy Mitchell in them.  I happened to tune in at the end of today's episode and Gus's brother (can't remember his name) was having dinner with Johnny Allen and Ruby.  So the brother is seeing Ruby now?  Isn't he too old for her?  She can't be any more than  17 or 18 and shouldn't he be around 30?  It  makes no sense whatsoever.  No wonder I stopped watching this show.

I haven't watched this show in several weeks because I got tired of the Millers story, the who killed Den story, and any scenes with Sam, Chrissy or Peggy Mitchell in them.  I happened to tune in at the end of today's episode and Gus's brother (can't remember his name) was having dinner with Johnny Allen and Ruby.  So the brother is seeing Ruby now?  Isn't he too old for her?  She can't be any more than  17 or 18 and shouldn't he be around 30?  It  makes no sense whatsoever.  No wonder I stopped watching this show.

It happened pretty quickly. Ian had a quiz night in the cafe, Ruby and Jules were a team and won money. He gave it to her. Next day, she told him they should split it. He said that they should spend it on a nice dinner for themselves. She agreed, wondered if it was a date. They flirted a bit, sneaking into corners for conversations, a quick dinner, he asked her if they could be boyfriend-girlfriend. I think one kiss. It seems weird to me, too. He's a grown a$& man and a former drug dealer. He should know better than to mess with the underaged daughter of the local crime lord.

It happened pretty quickly. Ian had a quiz night in the cafe, Ruby and Jules were a team and won money. He gave it to her. Next day, she told him they should split it. He said that they should spend it on a nice dinner for themselves. She agreed, wondered if it was a date. They flirted a bit, sneaking into corners for conversations, a quick dinner, he asked her if they could be boyfriend-girlfriend. I think one kiss. It seems weird to me, too. He's a grown a$& man and a former drug dealer. He should know better than to mess with the underaged daughter of the local crime lord.

Thanks for the explanation.  I agree, he should know better.  Dumbass.  I just hope Gus doesn't get dragged into this mess trying to help his brother.  I didn't blame Johnny for spilling the beans about Jules' past; Ruby needed to know.  Unfortunately, she'll probably be that much more interested in him.

I'll start watching again but I needed a break.

So, Sonia and her nursing school friend are going to be lesbians.   I'm really tired of the tension between Sonia and Martin storyline.  She goes to nursing school, something he apparently supported, but then he's supposed to be shocked that nursing school involves her going to classes, studying, and meeting new people.   That's way too trite.   Trite, as well, is the transformation of Sonia into a deep thinker who is trying new things from going to art exhibits to lesbianism.  I just haven't bought anything about this storyline and it's frankly not interesting.   When either of them come on screen, I keep hoping that they'll announce they're immigrating to Australia.

They also need to move along the Johnny and Ruby Allen story line.  It's good progress having her date Jules as it moves them away from just having dramatic outbursts at each other both at home and in the middle of the square.  I swear that Johnny Allen is a wasted character.  He's the local old school crime boss.  Let's see more of that.  Keep the peace on his home turf, and run all the out of sight operations.  He needs a new challenger, though.  Phil and Grant will never really be that again.

• Love 1

I happened to tune in after several weeks of not watching.  Imagine my surprise to see Frank Butcher again!  I hope we don't see Janine.  Pat doesn't deserve the grief from dealing with those two.

I also hope that Chrissy doesn't get too long a sentence.  Or maybe she can claim temporary insanity when she did it?  I'd like to see her and Jake finally wind up together.

I happened to tune in after several weeks of not watching.  Imagine my surprise to see Frank Butcher again!  I hope we don't see Janine.  Pat doesn't deserve the grief from dealing with those two.

I also hope that Chrissy doesn't get too long a sentence.  Or maybe she can claim temporary insanity when she did it?  I'd like to see her and Jake finally wind up together.

Janine became fairly one dimensional over time, pretty much just pure evil to the point where I couldn't feel for her regarding her upbringing.  A strong Eastenders character has a mix of characteristics, much like people in real life do.   Janine is supposed to be that girl who's still looking for love and attention, but she's so nasty that I don't care about her.   

Chrissy's redemption in this episode gave me hope for her.  Maybe a few seasons in prison, then she'll reemerge as a more balanced character, too.   Stacey's arc with her mother really improved the character.  We now now where she came from, what she's trying to get beyond, and that she has the capacity to care.   I'm glad, however, that Mom went into a care facility of some kind rather than coming to the Square.

I'm glad, however, that Mom went into a care facility of some kind rather than coming to the Square.

I'm glad, too.  The last thing the Square needs is more drama. 

I thought Stacey showed a lot of restraint when that pregnant witch was mouthing off about Stacey's mom.  She was cruel.  

Maybe one o you can help me out with Nana Moon.

Alfie just took her to Normandy to see William's grave. She had only Alfie with him.  She has never mentioned remarrying and having Jake and Danny's father, so how are they related?  Thanks for any info, and obviously I have no life if I am thinking too deeply about stuff like this.....

Did Nana have a heart attach or something?

A few months ago, she was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm.  Nana insisted that the doctor explain it to Alfie, who was at the hospital with her.  I think it was as much to make sure Alfie clearly understood as anything else.  Basically, Nana could die at anytime and she didn't have long.   Since then, he's been trying to help her do the things she always wanted to do, such as visiting her William's grave in France (he died in World War 2).  Nana and Alfie took a trip over to Normandy on Armistice Day.  Very moving.

• Love 1

Oh Ian, you nasty fucker--you are DEAD to me now.  I hope Jane leaves you, your kids run away and your businesses go bankrupt.  You are a piece of shit.

I like Juley, I like Ruby, but IMO he is way too old for her. Way too old, I was almost uncomfortable during their date.

I'm dreading the inevitable passing of Nana Moon.. The actress is so endearing.

Ian is a piece of shit.

(edited)
I like Juley, I like Ruby, but IMO he is way too old for her. Way too old, I was almost uncomfortable during their date.

This is what's been bugging  me.  Ruby is supposed to be, what, 17 or 18?  I thought Jules was late 20's.  Is he Gus's younger or older brother?   I just don't get it.  I know Johnny Allen is supposed to be a "bad" guy, but I don't blame him for being upset about the relationship. 

I don't watch every week because I'm tired of the Martin/Sonia storyline, so I missed the part about Ian.  What did he do?

Edited by Ohwell
(edited)

I don't watch every week because I'm tired of the Martin/Sonia storyline, so I missed the part about Ian.  What did he do?

Gus had a dog named Wellard--a big and goofy dog but nothing dangerous.  Ian stepped on his tail and Wellard bit him in the ass. Ian notified the authorities and asked that the dog be put down.  Gus hid him for  while, then spoke to Ian and apologized and asked him to withdraw the complaint.  Ian mumbled something and Gus thought he agreed so he admitted that the Slaters were hiding the dog.  Ian then called the authorities and they came and took the dog away.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 1
(edited)

{sob}  Farewell, Nana Moon.  You are {were, sigh} one of my absolute favorites on the show--always smiling, cheerful and oh, so endearing.  I wish you were my Nana in real life.  I hope you and William are together and happy.

I read about her real life struggles with dementia and it only made me like her more. Good job Hilda and you are sorely missed!

Edited by One More Time

Never mind.  Shit.  I just read wiki.

Thanks guys--now--could you arrange for the Miller apartment to blow sky high--while Keith, Rosie, Darren and Dummy are in it, but Mickey somehow escapes?  Maybe he could be walking Gengis or something?

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 1

I wouldn't mind if some of the blowup debris falls on Little Mo.  Now she wants Billy back, now that he's got a girlfriend who's also pregnant.  I hope he really does love the girlfriend and kicks Little Mo to the curb, once and for all.

I used to like little Mo, but honestly, they way they wrote the Alfie, Kat and Little Mo triangle just ruined her for me.  And Billy?  He'd like anything in a dress that gave him more than one look.  Honey is really, REALLY dumb, so she's perfect for him.

I used to hate Peggy Mitchell, now I sorta love her.  But I swear to dog, if Keith Mitchell doesn't get hit by a cab or something I'm going to go bonkers.  It would be fitting if he choked to death on a bag of crisps.

I hated the way little Mo played dumb and innocent all the time, especially when it came to Alfie.  She knew exactly what she was doing.

I hated Peggy Mitchell so much that I stopped watching the show for several weeks, but now she is beginning to grow on me--just a little.

That whole Miller family is just filthy.  I think the dog might be the cleanest one in the family.

• Love 1

I figured it was a matter of time before Patrick and Pat got together, but I'm confused about their past history.  Did they have a relationship before he met Yolande?  Not looking forward to the fireworks when she finds out.

I'm not buying the Patrick and Pat relationship.  Yes, they've been friends forever, but this came out of the blue.  No real flirting or anything in recent episodes to lead up to it and I'm really surprised Patrick doesn't feel worse about betraying Yolande.   Patrick and Jim have both been basically good guys who are a bit henpecked largely due to their shared habit of avoiding work in favor of gambling and having a few pints.   

I always got the impression that Pat was more into Patrick than vice versa.  Of course, her "real" love was Frank Butcher.  I am surprised that Patrick would risk his marriage but I think he's just feeling henpecked with Yolande.  I do think she henpecks him too much.  However, he'd better get ready for her wrath to come down on him.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

While my area hasn't gotten to that relationship, I think that Patrick and Yolanda living and working together isn't a good idea {been there, done that and it wasn't magical!} could be wearing on them both.  But I'm jut at the point where Dennis Rickman has died and Sharon I basically catatonic.  I've peeked at Wiki, and I know what's coming, but it didn't mention anything about Pat and Patrick.  I can't visualize it.

Edited by One More Time

Well well well.  How happy am I that the Millers lost all of Chrissie Watts' money?  FUCKING DELIGHTED, as I know even with 20,000 pounds or dollars not one sngle cent or shilling would have gone toward shampoo or shower gel. And I just can't stand the lot of them--so I'm a happy camper.  And her ex husband {Mike or something?}   He'll lose it on something stupid--just a long as Keith and his filthy family don't benefit I'm OK.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 2

I've missed a few episodes lately, so how did they lose the money?

Darren hid the money in one of the couch cushions. Rose's ex husband had been sleeping on their couch because he is currently penniless and without a job.  Keith bought a new couch and the old couch was moved to a vacant lot where it promptly went up in flames. Darren then confessed he had found the money and had hidden it there. They ran out after the couch but it as too late. They all looked like they were going to vomit while watching the couch go up in flames, but then Mike was seen taking a  cushion filled with money out from the trunk of his car.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 1