Type keyword(s) to search

SNL in the Media

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

Looks like she is both

Here's Adele's post about the news, which confirms that she is hosting and not the musical guest:

40 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Wow. Interesting indeed. Based on the Issa Rae episode, I can't say I'm overly optimistic, but I certainly hope it 's a good show.

I'm sure nobody would have called that. 

Sometimes it's the hosts people are skeptical about, who end up being pleasant surprises. Adele did a sketch for an album special and played an Adele impersonator:

Adele has a good sense of sense of humor about herself, which shouldn't hurt in a format like SNL's.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, katycat74 said:

Looks like she is both

NO, The Musical Guest Is A Black Woman That Goes By The Name OF HER And One Thing Is That She IS A Great Guitar Player ! !

• Love 1
6 hours ago, cpcathy said:

H.E.R. is an exciting performer, she was great on the last Global Citizen Festival. Not super excited about Adele. I’m just not a fan.

H.E.R. was also a guest on the new All That, so maybe she will be in a sketch as well.

Aww, good for them. Colin was on WTF podcast and mentioned very briefly they had to cancel a bigger wedding because of Covid.

I always see a lot of hate for him on SM, not sure why. I like him even better than her. I thought she was bad in Marriage Story, but really great in Jo Jo Rabbit!

• Love 4

I gather that they added this next episode very late once they had Chappelle booked, and haven't had any luck booking the musical guest so far. I'm not concerned at all. They got Jack White very late in the week a few episodes ago.

I thought it was going to be Chappelle the very second they announced they were adding the episode.  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, vb68 said:

I gather that they added this next episode very late once they had Chappelle booked, and haven't had any luck booking the musical guest so far. I'm not concerned at all. They got Jack White very late in the week a few episodes ago.

I thought it was going to be Chappelle the very second they announced they were adding the episode.  

I Think you are Right ! He COULD have Started Trying to do A Little Rap OR Maybe, He Has a Bit Where He Does A FUNNY Musical Thing ! !

11 hours ago, Dejana said:

When's the latest that a musical guest has been announced, prior to the show? Are they just going to surprise us at this point?

Probably doesn't count, but Jack White was announced as Morgan Wallen's replacement on a Thursday or Friday.

Hell, maybe Wallen is this week's MG...

• Love 1
On 11/10/2020 at 6:56 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Surprised this episode even topped the Eddie Murphy episode!

So am I! I only barely watched last week’s, but I’ve watched the Eddie Murphy one four times back to back and still 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Eddie is THAT funny and so were the skits!

Lasr week? Eh.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:23 PM, cpcathy said:

I think everyone was anxious to see that cold open.

And previous cold opens were much better for me.

• Love 2

Wasn't expecting Wallen to be booked again so quickly. Not sure it's the best message, but hopefully he will be on better behavior. 

Jason Bateman last hosted in 2005 so I was surprised to see his name again. 

Twitter will be happy about Timothee. (I sort of hope John Mulaney pops in to reprise his old "my wife loves that son of a bitch" routine).

Kristen hosting again after last season (if that counts, she has now hosted Thanksgiving, a finale, and Christmas - and an episode right before a finale) surprised me a little, but makes sense with Wonder Woman 1984. It also makes me wonder if one or all of Kate, Aidy and Cecily will be leaving, as she is the perfect host for that type of big goodbye for popular female cast members.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

John's was expected at some point as he was the last person known as being booked last season who didn't appear, but I'm more surprised about Regina King. I still see her as the daughter on 227, even after all these years, so I'm looking forward to what she may do. Dan Levy mostly makes me hope we might be able to see his father Eugene, or Catherine O'Hara, doing some kind of cameo pre-tape appearances. A solid lineup, anyway, especially in COVID times. 

• Love 3

Yeah I figured they'd make it up to John Krasinski eventually, but thought they would wait until A Quiet Place Part II got released, since that's what he was originally going to promote (current release date is now Apr. 23, though that can always get pushed back again).

So excited for Dan Levy, I adore him. And it took me a confused minute to realize that Phoebe Bridgers and Phoebe Waller-Bridge are not the same person.

Regina King is also awesome. Great winter lineup!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm excited to about all three guest hosts, for different reasons. While I'm not a big fan of The Office, I am a John Krasinski fan, because of A Quiet PlaceSome Good News and his version of "Proud Mary"(legs and all) on Lip Sync Battle.

As for Dan Levy, he's amazing. Schitt's Creek is not only a modern sitcom classic, he was one of the few good things about Happiest Season.  In his own way, Dan's just as funny as Eugene, if not even funnier.

Fabulous doesn't even begin to describe Regina King. She's not only one of the few successful ex child stars who's still in the game-and a POC, at that-she's become an incredible Emmy and Oscar-winning actress and a brilliant director-before and after Watchmen. She was also on my wish list of potential SNL hosts, which is the cherry on top. Hopefully,  Olivia Colman, Zendaya, Rege'-Jean Page, Oscar Isaac, Antony Starr and Pedro Pascal won't be far behind.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4
On 1/22/2021 at 2:21 PM, Pete Martell said:

I'm more surprised about Regina King. I still see her as the daughter on 227

I left a clip for you in the CoffeeTalk thread that I think you might like. It always made me smile.

I've always liked Regina King. I feel like I kinda grew up with her watching her as Brenda on 227 and then watching her in films like Jerry Maguire through all her truck loads of Emmys and now her Oscar win. That said, I never expected her to host. It should be fun. I don't think it will happen, but man would I love a Jackee cameo so much. I miss her Sandra character.

It's so odd that Krasinski never hosted when the Office was on. He seems like he was made for it.

I'm one of those old fogies who has never seen Schitt's Creek. Nothing against it.  It's just one of those things I never got around to so far. The whole Pop TV or whatever that network was probably didn't help.  But yeah, Catherine O'Hara coming along would be super cool.

• Love 2
On 1/27/2021 at 1:44 AM, vb68 said:

I'm one of those old fogies who has never seen Schitt's Creek. Nothing against it.  It's just one of those things I never got around to so far.

Don't feel bad, you're not missing anything IMO. I tried to watch it three different times. It is very broad and predictable, reminds me of stuff like King of Queens and According to Jim. I like my comedy Arrested Development, at least the first three seasons of AD.

I only know MG Kelley because of his tabloid romance with Megan Fox. I thought he was a DJ-type, didn't know he had actual songs. Will need to check them out.

Krasinski should be a hit, very Chris Pratt-like. 

I don't know the other folks, but that happens a lot to me these days with SNL. Always good to meet new TV people. I had never heard of LCD Sound System until they were on SNL, apparently like 10 years after they broke. I really liked them and ending up seeing them live. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Ottis said:
On 1/27/2021 at 1:44 AM, vb68 said:

I'm one of those old fogies who has never seen Schitt's Creek. Nothing against it.  It's just one of those things I never got around to so far.

Don't feel bad, you're not missing anything IMO. I tried to watch it three different times

i felt the same way, but my nephew suggested starting with the 2nd season. i popped in for a few episodes (the CW is running 2  night at 11). while it was an improvement, it’s never been a must see for me. 

• Love 1

Another thing about this schedule is that I am truly surprised they are doing five shows in a row again. I don't see any pressure on them to do so at this point. They must feel like if they can get everyone inside their version of a bubble, it's best to just power through. But five in a row is extremely hard on the staff and crew.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, vb68 said:

Another thing about this schedule is that I am truly surprised they are doing five shows in a row again. I don't see any pressure on them to do so at this point. They must feel like if they can get everyone inside their version of a bubble, it's best to just power through. But five in a row is extremely hard on the staff and crew.

I think maybe they thought they had so many repeats because of the holidays that they did not want to do two or three new shows and then have to do repeats again ! They might not want to miss what is going on in the news because they are showing Repeats Again !