Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
nymusix

SNL in the Media

On 9/16/2020 at 7:11 PM, M. Darcy said:

Sigh. It would be nice if Lorne would quit using others and used actual cast members as he used to do.  Phil Hartman was able to play Ronald Reagan, Barbara Bush and Bill Clinton.  And Jason was the perfect Biden. 

Remember when Dana Carvey played both George Bush and Ross Perot in the same sketch!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Remember when Dana Carvey played both George Bush and Ross Perot in the same sketch!

Actually, David Spade was standing there as Ross Perot !

On 9/19/2020 at 10:07 PM, vb68 said:

Figured Eddie was a given. At least we can say Eddie Murphy has an Emmy for SNL. Better late than never.

I'm especially thrilled for Maya.

I stand by what I said earlier. Hosting and playing cameos on SNL is catnip for comedic actors looking for an Emmy.

And since it was a trivia question during the broadcast tonight, Lorne Michaels has the most nominations of any individual with 108 nominations.

I was surprised that was Eddie's first Emmy until I realized he'd barely done TV since SNL (outside of some producing). 

I was hoping Cecily would win too but the nomination was the real prize in her case. 

21 hours ago, Jody said:

Actually, David Spade was standing there as Ross Perot !

Yes, David was unhappy about that, because he ended up just being used as a stand-in while they cut to pre-tape footage of Dana. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

Chris Rock will be the host for the Season 46 premiere:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chris-rock-host-snl-premiere-181244168.html

With Megan thee Stallion as MG.

Chris Rock makes sense as a host at the moment. He can do a long standup monologue and won't have to appear in as many sketches. He also has a long history with the show.

Another new Lorne interview. He talks more about their plans, recasting Biden, as well as criticism of the blackface incident with Jimmy Fallon.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/arts/television/lorne-michaels-saturday-night-live-chris-rock.html

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

With Megan thee Stallion as MG.

Chris Rock makes sense as a host at the moment. He can do a long standup monologue and won't have to appear in as many sketches. He also has a long history with the show.

Another new Lorne interview. He talks more about their plans, recasting Biden, as well as criticism of the blackface incident with Jimmy Fallon.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/arts/television/lorne-michaels-saturday-night-live-chris-rock.html

It’s uncertain if the hosts and MGs will be performing from within the studio.

Edited by ClassicShowsFan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

It’s uncertain if the hosts and MGs will be performing from within the studio.

True. I meant if they do.

• Like 1