Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Did You Do This? No, You Did It!

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

Lots of intriguing stuff in the preview:

1. Floyd, wearing a fur hat, being questioned by Hank about Hank's run-in with Dodd. "How'd that go for you?"

2. Simone ranting at Mike in Mike's hotel room while being held by the surviving Kitchen brother and wearing a boss coat with black trim. "You were supposed to kill my dad, not the old cripple!"

3. The Gerhardt compound, a number of open graves dug (there are two in the foreground with similar piles of dirt in the background). There's one coffin in front of one of the open graves in the foreground. Floyd (wearing the fur hat), a number of children, Gerhardt henchmen, and Simone are in attendance. Simone is standing in front of the other open grave in the foreground and looking down at something she's holding, wearing the same boss coat from the hotel room scene. (Is the other open grave for her, after word of her betrayal gets out? Man, that's dark, even for this show. However, having Simone refer to her deceased grandfather as "the old cripple" suggests that the writers really don't want us to feel terribly sympathetic towards Simone, which could be a hint that she's not long for the show.)

4. Lou calling Betsy, who's hosting not only Noreen but also Sonny and Karl. Betsy sweetly says that she doesn't need looking after.

5. A shot of Betsy in a coat and hat pumping a rifle.

6. Mike is on the phone with Adam Arkin's character. "Maybe 'under control' was the wrong phrase."

7. One old dude drowns another old dude in a toilet while a third old dude stands around smoking a cigarette in a public washroom. (Cleanup crew from Kansas City, maybe?)

8. Ben Schmidt and Lou burst into Mike's hotel room and Lou punches the Kitchen brother.

9. Adam Arkin says that Mike has two days, and then he'll be sending the "undertaker." (Eesh, there's a hitman even more dangerous than Mike running around?)

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

I feel like this episode will have some twists. We have 4 episodes to go and things almost feel like they are wrapping up. Based on last episode this one could be the season finale, but we have 4 to go still. There has to be some twists and turns to come

• Love 1

So much to unpack this ep, excellent start with Jethro Tull's "Locomotive Breath" My thoughts:

God damn, Bear. Dodd's just a mean, crazy prick. Bear is fucking scary. He is definitely his mother's son.

The whole way the sequence of Simone's demise was shot was mesmerizing. I could not take my eyes off the screen. Thank you, John Landgraf for renewing this show.

I always wondered why Mike was so quick to show off his intelligence, one 45-second conversation with Adam Arkin and all is explained. And so much for the Undertaker.

Aw, Betsy. When you can shut the King of Breakfasts up, you are one special lady. What the hell with all the weird drawings?

And then there's Ed, trying to play with the big boys. How did he know to call Mike?

Line of the night: "You're a shit cop. You know that, right?"

• Love 17

I loved that Mike didn't submit tamely to his execution and blew the Undertaker away. Attaboy. Also some unsubtle mentions as to race in relation to Mike--his boss snarling about how he thought Mike wasn't like the other "darkies," Mike talking about how people aren't meant to be owned, etc.--for what I think was the first time.

Getting major Silvio/Adriana vibes from Bear/Simone, although apparently there's a Coen callback there to a movie I haven't seen (Miller's Crossing?). That was gorgeously shot.

Hank has a Room of Crazy! The plot thickens!

If Charlie's in State Pen awaiting trial, is it fair to say that that's the last we'll see of him? Given the shit that's going down, I'd say State Pen is the safest place for him.

Karl and Betsy's hug was so beautiful. My heart!

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 14

This show is the most enjoyable torture.

So much to cogitate on, primarily what did Christine Milotti walkin on? Is that alien related? Is Ted Danson an alien? Holy shit! I will never get to sleep now.

Loved the music from Lebowsk playing on the car radios , "the condition my condition is in"

• Love 7

I was having a heart attack when Betsy was looking for Hank's cat.

I was looking for Hanzee behind every shadow and then she opened those doors and my heart dropped.

So, Hank's a UFO fanatic, either that or the Zodiac, but at least he wasn't Hanzee.

And we got the answer to that old chestnut, "Does a bear shit in the woods?" No, but apparently he does shoot his niece in the woods.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 5

So much is happening! So much to dig into!

Bear is one scary guy if crossed. He might be the more reasonable brother, but do not screw with him. Simone was doomed the second she started hooking up with Mike. That sequence was amazing. It had a very Silvio/Adrianna from The Sopranos vibe to it. 

I want the soundtrack to this season so much. 

Awwwwww the Karl and Betsy conversation and hug! Giving me a major case of the feels. 

I literally laughed out loud when it was revealed that Ed was calling Mike. Whats the game plan here, Mr. Butcher?

So many Coen brothers references this episode!

• Love 4

I was bummed when Bear killed Simone. She was a double crossing, big time shit talker but I thought she was spunky too like when she kicked the cop in the balls and then stepped over him. Everything with Betsy and family was awesome. The one beef I have is that there is so much killing it's becoming a little meaningless.

• Love 5

I was very afraid of what Betsy would find at her dad's place, maybe Dodd or Hanzee. Instead she finds out Hank is maybe an occultist. All these weird things are finding Betsy and it's all perhaps of no insignificance, but it's really intriguing.

• Love 2

I was having a heart attack when Betsy was looking for Hank's cat.

I was looking for Hanzee behind every shadow and then she opened those doors and my heart dropped.

Oh man, me too - I was watching that scene through my fingers.  And we discover Hank is possibly a closet nutters. 

Can't wait to see what game the butcher's running here.  Dude, this show is so, so unbelievably good.

• Love 7

But wouldn't Simone have been listening to the original Kenny Rogers version of that song rather than the cover? I'm assuming they couldn't get the rights, but it still felt odd.

Simone's death scene was phenomenal. She was such an evil brat but Rachel Keller made me feel for her.

I have no idea how they are going to tie the main plot, the UFO stuff, and the Reagan stuff all together.

• Love 1

In between Simone's comment about being through with lying down for men and her comment to Bear about Bear not knowing the things Dodd did to Simone when Bear wasn't around, it sounded more and more this episode as if Dodd sexually abused Simone. Still, I don't think the writers wanted us to feel too bad for her, what with her callous reference to her recently deceased grandfather as an old cripple (...although if Dodd was a chip off the old block, that might explain why she wasn't too warmly disposed towards Otto).

Going by soap opera rules--no body, no death--Simone's not actually dead. In Miller's Crossing, Danny Boy played over a character escaping from what appeared to be a certain demise. On the other hand, in that split screen moment with Bear driving, Rye and Simone were grouped together, suggesting that Simone is in fact dead.

Angus Sampson is a treasure. He conveyed so much with his eyes.

How is it that Ed managed to beat Hank and Lou back to his house? He was on foot, and they knew exactly where he was going.

Given how many bodies have stacked up already, whatever happens in Sioux Falls will have to be pretty impressive to compare. At least now we have an idea of what happens to get everyone there. Ed and Peggy have Dodd. Hanzee is tracking them. Ed lures Mike and the Kitchen brother with the promise of Dodd. The Gerhardts are desperate to get Dodd back.

I like the idea of Dodd, who got such a thrill out of victimizing others and making others feel helpless, being trussed up like a turkey in the trunk of Ed's car...assuming Dodd's even alive at this point.

I'm kind of disappointed in Hanzee's thin characterization at this point. He seems to be edging too close to the "mystical Indian" stereotype with his tracking abilities and his lack of personal agenda or inner life, and we're no clearer as to his absolute loyalty to the piece of shit that is Dodd Gerhardt than we were at the start of the season.

"Locomotive Breath," which opened the episode, is fittingly apocalyptic:

In the shuffling madness
Of the locomotive breath
Runs the all time loser
Headlong to his death

Oh, he feels the piston scraping
Steam breaking on his brow

Old Charlie stole the handle
And the train, it won't stop going
No way to slow down

"The train, it won't stop going / No way to slow down" is a fitting description of the violence spiraling out of control. In this episode at least, poor Simone was the "all time loser" running "headlong to [her] death."

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 5

Oh, hearing "I just dropped in (to see what condition my condition was in)" made me smile.

Lou punching the surviving Silent Twin was great, as was him not putting up with Mike's double talk bullshit and his "You're a shit cop, you know that" line.

Mike  is sophisticated as shit, even when killing.  One tricky muthafucka.

Damn, Bear, that was cold.  And, now, he'll probably kill Dodd.  That is, unless Mike gets to him first.

No Peggy this episode, but we did get Ed, and they have Dodd prisoner.  Oooo, this going to get good.

Only three episodes left.  Things are getting tense!

• Love 3

Did Hanzee get to Ed already and struck up some kind of plan to get Milligan? I don't know why Ed would go along with it, but it could be a ruse by Hanzee to get Milligan there and kill him and Ed and the same time. I mean how else does Ed even know about Milligan let alone how to contact him?

Milligan blowing the head of the Undertaker is just like if Jules Winfield had blown the head off of the Wolf in Pulp Fiction.

Edited by knaankos
  • Love 2

This show just makes Mondays better.

I also got the Silvio/Adriana vibe from Simone's demise in the woods. That was beautifully shot from above. Similar to Miller's Crossing but better IMO.

I couldn't breathe as Betsy walked through Hank's house. Hank's a little more than a doodler, eh?

The hug! The hug! I do hope Karl is carried over into the next Fargo cast. Love Nick Offerman.

I want the soundtrack to this season so much.

As do I. It was especially good this episode.

This show had better score some Emmys or somebody's going into woods with Bear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 6

How is it that Ed managed to beat Hank and Lou back to his house? He was on foot, and they knew exactly where he was going.

We may never know.  Maybe Hank and Lou didn't go right back to the house -- they might have wanted to make sure things were okay at the police station first.  Or maybe Peggy had taken Dodd's truck, somehow found Ed and picked him up.

The car Ed was driving -- have we seen it before?  Or did he steal it? 

Molly was so shaken by those drawings -- it was almost an "Oh no, not this again" kind of reaction.  The drawings themselves weren't enough to stun her like that.  Maybe Hank lost it for a time after his wife died, got into UFO's, made everyone worry about his mental health, then convinced everyone he was okay -- but he wasn't -- that's the kind of reaction you'd expect from Molly. 

Didn't much like Simone but Bear could have just put her on a bus.  I think she could have been trusted to stay away.  But maybe not.  It was stupid of her to go see Mike after his people shot up her house. 

• Love 4

Should have known that all the build-up for "The Undertaker" was just going to be for show, and Mike would dispatch him with ease.  It just sounds like something that this particular show would do.  I'm not complaining, because I love Mike and while I want him to eventually go down, I'm him sticking around as long as possible.  And I see he uses the same method that Quarles from Justified uses, when it comes to hidden guns!

The scenes with Bear/Simone were great.  It's kind of crazy that they're both bad people and aren't even really lead characters, but I still found them compelling and was waiting to see if Bear was going to go through with it or not.  Since we didn't actually see the shot or the body, I guess it's possible Bear changed his mind at the end, but I can easily that she is dead and someone will discover the body later.  If this is the end for her, it was fun while it lasted.  Hopefully this gig will help get Rachel Keller some good work in the future.  Never heard of her before this, but I thought she did real well with the role that was given to her.

I'm glad that they found a way to get Floyd and Hank in a scene together, and seeing Jean Smart and Ted Danson together.  As much as I love Hank though, I do think all he really has done is given her more power, by focusing on Kansas City and leaving them alone for now.  I get why they think KC is the bigger threat, but Floyd is not someone to underestimate.  At least it sounds like Hank and Lou are going to follow that lead to Hanzee, so they aren't going to just leave them alone.

Really got worried for Betsy when she came into Hank's house.  I thought someone nasty was totally going to be in there (Hanzee?  Ed?  Peggy?)  Instead, it looks like Hank might believe in aliens or something?  I couldn't quite figure out that reveal.

Patrick Wilson continue to show some impressive comedic chops, that I didn't know he had.  I mean, I've always liked him, but I just didn't know he could be this damn funny.  I just love how Lou seems to be the most normal one amongst the crazies, idiots, and wackos, and is just trying to get stuff done.

I think my favorite scene was the one with Betsy and Karl.  Cristin Milioti and Nick Offerman were fantastic together.

Ha!  Ed's got Dodd! 

and judging from the previews, Peggy is with him too.

Once again, I just love that all of this craziness is getting started by the ones who seem "normal" on the surface.

• Love 3

I was wondering if Simone would talk herself out of her situation like John Turturro in Miller's Crossing but nope.

Love the references to Coen Bros ouvre especially the disco version of "Just Dropped In"!

I'm glad that they found a way to get Floyd and Hank in a scene together, and seeing Jean Smart and Ted Danson together.

Yep, Sam Malone and Charlene Stillfield together. Pretty great.

Nice to know Nick Offerman loves breakfast on another show!

I was so scared for Betsy when she was at her dad's house. I didn't know what was going to happen, but the room full of UFO(?) symbols I did not expect!

Wow, looks like Ed and Peggy are ahead of the curve for once.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2

Hank is definitely into some UFO research there; the book lying on his desk was something like "Palace of the Gods" about UFOs. I wonder if he was an abductee? 

And I wonder where Mike got that car? 

And I wonder if Simone is really dead?

I wonder...

• Love 3

God, I love this show. Ed may not have been the Butcher before, but he sure seems to want to become a player in that world.

Felt bad for Simone, but girl sure made bad choices. Floyd will freak if/when she finds out about her son killing her granddaughter.

So Cthulhudrew says maybe Hank is looking for ET? Cool...

• Love 1

I really want to see Betsy take out Mike with her shotgun. Right?

Oh, hearing "I just dropped in (to see what condition my condition was in)" made me smile

I had read in the media thread that we should be listening for some budget-busting '70s songs, so I was really glad to hear one that triggered nostalgia for me, because much of the 70s I lived without electricity ("back to the land" movement, etc.). Wasn't that song from the 60s (but still played in the 70s)?

I have no idea how they are going to tie the main plot, the UFO stuff, and the Reagan stuff all together.

This post reminds me that Nancy Reagan sought the counsel of astrologers, which it was said she shared with her husband when he was making crucial decisions, and we now know he likely already had some degree of Alzheimer's even when he was president.

In between Simone's comment about being through with lying down for men and her comment to Bear about Bear not knowing the things Dodd did to Simone when Bear wasn't around, it sounded more and more this episode as if Dodd sexually abused Simone. Still, I don't think the writers wanted us to feel too bad for her, what with her callous reference to her recently deceased grandfather as an old cripple (...although if Dodd was a chip off the old block, that might explain why she wasn't too warmly disposed towards Otto).

Going by soap opera rules--no body, no death--Simone's not actually dead. In Miller's Crossing, Danny Boy played over a character escaping from what appeared to be a certain demise. On the other hand, in that split screen moment with Bear driving, Rye and Simone were grouped together, suggesting that Simone is in fact dead.

I loved the breath taking landscapes of the seemingly endless bare trees in the snow shot from above as if, perhaps, by a fly-over search party. We didn't hear a gunshot, so maybe Simone will either walk out with some frostbite, or be found dead from exposure rather than by her uncle's gun.

Where I live we just had an early snow--which I had occasion to trudge through with needle-like sleet hitting my face--that later clung to trees in the sun like shown in this episode, all of which enhanced the reality of that segment for me, and inspired the possibility that Simone was left to survive or not. Plus, there were lines exchanged about shaving heads of traitorous women and leaving them in the wilderness (I think?), so, maybe...

I would love it if somehow Ed could be lauded as a hero in the end--maybe with a reward big enough to open his own butcher shop. Not possible, though, eh?

• Love 4

All that buildup for the Undertaker and he gets blown away in five seconds. Did not see that coming. Nor did I see Ed holding Dodd prisoner coming. Unexpected, but somehow I think it's going to be yet another boneheaded move.

Loved Betsy bracing herself for an intruder only to find out the Breakfast King babysitting Molly. Nick Offerman is just perfect for this show.

Although Betsy saying that it would be okay for Lou to remarry brought back unpleasant leftover bitterness from HIMYM. No, show. Just...no

Hank's cat had better be all right.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4

Looks like Hank has had the UFO hobby for a long time. That looked like he had recovered their whole alphabet.

I'm not sure if it will be connected to the main plot, maybe it will be tangential or connected to Betsy's illness.

Is Hank trying to ask the aliens for a cancer cure? They focused on a symbol that had the word child written under it.

Other words were: sick, embryo, child, war.

Edited by ToastnBacon
  • Love 3

Really good episode.  Damn, Bear, that was cold although he's the only smart one in that family.

Loved the scene with Ted Danson and Jean Smart.  "I'm going to call it a draw."  Did she make a reference to Soviet sleeper agents?  I was like "The Americans" reference!  The timeline matches up for those two shows.

All of Lou's lines about telling Ben that he expects him back and is a shitty cop (and Hank's reaction) was great.

Didn't think Ed would have Dodd but Dodd deserves it but yeah, probably a really dumb movie.

• Love 2

Man, this show just gets better and better each week. Poor Lou is standing tall and doing his job even as chaos whirls around him in both his personal and professional life. I get the feeling that if the opportunity presents itself to unleash some of his pent up frustration the Kansas City boys and the Gerheardts won't understand what hit them.

"You're a shit cop, you know that?" is my favorite line of this season. It's up there with Mike Milligan's views on Minnesota politeness.

The credits said Keith Gordon directed. Is that the same Keith Gordon that was in Christine?

I think the characters on this show have varying definitions of "family."I guess family matters more than anything, including the law, unless you are suspected of sleeping with the enemy. Then there is no trial, just an execution. 

Speaking of family, I love Fargo, and liked this episode, but The Sopranos shading was too much. It felt like we were watching Chris-to-fuh's girlfriend get whacked again. I mean, not just the plot point. Also the way it went down. I kept hoping for a twist but nope, same conclusion.

What was the role of The Undertaker? Was he supposed to simply clean up the mess, or was he supposed to mete out punishment to the failed assassin (Mike)? 

So is Dodd dead or alive in the trunk? It confused me when they went to the split screen with present/past. I thought for a second that Dodd was up and walking around Ed and Peggy's house again.

Edited by Ottis

What does everyone think about Bear's lack of interest in finding Dodd? Is he angry at Dodd over Charlie and/or over trumping up a war on fake intel? Does he genuinely believe that Dodd is a bad influence on the family and wants to keep him away lest he cause any more damage? Does he want power for himself and is taking advantage of Dodd's absence to grab it? All of the above?

I thought Bear smashing up the hood of his truck could be read either way: 1) he hates himself for killing Simone because he knows she was right about Bear wanting to get revenge on Dodd or 2) he hates himself for not being strong enough to follow through and kill her.

Given Bear's lack of interest in information about Dodd as established earlier in the episode, I wonder if Ed previously contacted the Gerhardts to attempt a deal but was blown off and so turned to Mike instead.

What was the role of The Undertaker? Was he supposed to simply clean up the mess, or was he supposed to mete out punishment to the failed assassin (Mike)?

With the "O Death" playing in the background, and Mike's somber, unreadable expression as he meticulously dressed himself, the implication to me was that the Undertaker was coming to kill him. Fortunately, the show pulled an awesome bait-and-switch and had Mike kill the Undertaker instead.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

Bear and Simone scene was very Miller's crossing. I wonder if next episode will find that she doesn't have her hair anymore. I am holding out hope that Simone is still alive based on the thought that Bear wouldn't be dumb enough to leave his cast at a crime scene.

• Love 4

Speaking of family, I love Fargo, and liked this episode, but The Sopranos shading was too much. It felt like we were watching Chris-to-fuh's girlfriend get whacked again. I mean, not just the plot point. Also the way it went down. I kept hoping for a twist but nope, same conclusion.

I think this was meant to be a shout out to "Miller's Crossing" (which included "Danny Boy" as the music over the big walk).

I thought Bear smashing up the hood of his truck could be read either way: 1) he hates himself for killing Simone because he knows she was right about Bear wanting to get revenge on Dodd or 2) he hates himself for not being strong enough to follow through and kill her.

I thought he was simply trying to get the cast off his hand.  Symbolically throwing off the shackles that have constrained him, if you will.

• Love 4

I was thinking this morning- what if Betsy was a supposed abductee? Perhaps that is where Hank thinks she got her cancer from, and why he's secretly been researching aliens. She does seem to be having strange reactions where things "alien" are concerned in this season: she spaced out (ha!) when seeing Molly's picture, she seemed to have some kind of panic attack or vision in this episode when seeing Hank's research, and- if I'm not mistaken- didn't she have some kind of weird vision at the diner where Rye saw a UFO, that ended up in her noticing the balloon and/or gun?

The other thing I'm wondering- how does Ed know about Mike? I don't recall his name being mentioned by Lou or Hank to either Ed or Peggy, much less telling them where he was staying. I can't imagine why Dodd would tell (or have told) them about Mike, either. Maybe Dodd told them he'd let them off the hook if they lure out Mike to an ambush?

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 2

Bear and Simone scene was very Miller's crossing. I wonder if next episode will find that she doesn't have her hair anymore. I am holding out hope that Simone is still alive based on the thought that Bear wouldn't be dumb enough to leave his cast at a crime scene.

He wasn't exactly careful. Simone got in his truck in the parking lot next to the hotel in broad daylight, meaning there could be any number of witnesses who weren't his henchman like Ricky who could attest to that. I also think Ricky would rat out Bear, if not to the cops then to Floyd, if sufficient pressure was applied. All in all, it was pretty sloppy. The Gerhardts are also accustomed to getting away with murder, as Ben's cringing, respectful attitude suggests.

On the other hand, Bear walked Simone pretty deep into the woods before executing her. If no one's looking for her, it could be months or even years before the body is found.

I was thinking this morning- what if Betsy was a supposed abductee? Perhaps that is where Hank thinks she got her cancer from

I guess he's been watching X-Files reruns. (At the risk of killing a joke by explaining it, there was a big arc on The X-Files where a main character, Scully, was abducted by aliens and was later diagnosed with cancer which turned out to be caused by her abduction.)

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

Hank and Lou kept going, they didn't follow Ed. Lou didn't know if Karl had succeeded in talking Bear down. I assumed they went to the station because that was more important. 

Once again, Karl is my MVP. His scenes with Besty, well I melted. Then seeing him reading to Molly and then hearing Molly say "Karl can you read another story". I am mush right now.

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 3

About the episode title, Wikipedia finds:

While living in Nazi-occupied Paris during World War II, one German officer allegedly asked him, upon seeing a photo of Guernica in his apartment, "Did you do that?" Picasso responded, "No, you did."[31]

Guernica, the cubist painting by Picasso, depicts the carnage of war, so I think this is the reference. I guess Dodd and Mike M. are the most responsible, with Floyd and Simone doing more than their share.

• Love 8

I'm not sure if the Undertaker was there to kill Mike.

Mike did look very intense as he was getting dressed and there was that song "O Death" playing, but I'm thinking the Undertaker was just there to take charge.

The song could have been playing for the Undertaker, not Mike.

Would the KC mob really whack Mike because things got out of hand?

He was originally sent there as second in command, so it was more a lack of confidence in him to take over and wrap things up.

Mike wanted more time to finish the job, so he took it.

• Love 1

I instantly thought of Dr King Schultz from Django Unchained, until I thought, "oh yeah, that was Tarantino, not Coen Brothers!"

Taxi Driver predates both Django Unchained and the time frame the Season 2 action takes place in, so Milligan could have conceivably been imitating art here. Of course neither Tarantino nor Noah Hawley would have any qualms about borrowing from Scorcese.

I'm pretty sure she is dead, but good point about the cast.

The Gerhardts seem pretty arrogant about being able to operate without regard of the law in Fargo. Maybe he just doesn't care.

If he was in Minnesota, I'm thinking that he'd pick the cast up.

Would the KC mob really whack Mike because things got out of hand?

I don't doubt it...especially since his boss views him as a second-class employee at best, subhuman at worst, due to his race.

One of the reviews of this episode noted that we now know why Mike is so ostentatious with his wit, intelligence and learning; it's a way of demanding to be taken seriously by racist assholes. I actually felt sorry for Mike for the first time this season, when he quietly quotes Martin Luther King Jr.'s bit about judging people not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character, almost as a way of shielding himself against his boss' racial epithets.

Of course neither Tarantino nor Noah Hawley would have any qualms about borrowing from Scorcese.

If you're going to steal, steal from the best.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

I'm pretty sure she is dead, but good point about the cast.

The Gerhardts seem pretty arrogant about being able to operate without regard of the law in Fargo. Maybe he just doesn't care.

If he was in Minnesota, I'm thinking that he'd pick the cast up.

Bear is behaving like he doesn't expect the family to survive this war, so yeah, I don't think he cares anymore.  I think he did shoot Simone -- we saw him get into the truck alone.  If not for that scene, if all we had was him telling Floyd that Simone took off, there'd be room for doubt.  He lost his son, why shouldn't Dodd -- who started all this -- lose his daughter. 

When Floyd ranted about The Butcher starting all this, I wish Hank or Lou would have told her that Rye's death was (mostly) an accident.  It wouldn't change anything, but it would have been nice to see her reaction.

I liked watching how the two families -- Solversons and Gerhardts -- react to a crisis.  Floyd gets help from Buffalo, people with guns, and the Solversons get The Breakfast King. 

I can't remember a scene where Ed would have found out that Mike McGilligan even exists.  So that info came from Dodd?

• Love 4

I too thought the Undertaker was just there to take charge.

I am thinking Simone will come wandering out of the woods with her coat pulled over her bald head.  Those overhead shots were amazing!  And what about Floyd?  Was that a smirk on her face or did she tell them the truth about KC and where guns are stored?

Someone on here said there should be an award for best ensemble - yes!  Jean, Patrick, Nick, and Bookem are all outstanding.

I so look forward to this show each week.

• Love 1

I'd bet Bear went through with it. And in mob terms, as much as I hate to say it, it was the right thing to do. Simone has gotten several people in the Gerhardt camp killed already, including Otto, because of her double dealing. As much as she likes to think she's "grown," she was playing little girl games and failing miserably at her one goal of getting Dodd offed. She was a liability from the minute she literally and figuratively jumped into bed with Mike. Also, I'm pretty sure Bear didn't leave that cast behind. He's probably the only actual smart one of the Gerhardt boys, and if nothing else he won't want Floyd finding out he killed Simone.

I keep trying to figure out how Ed and Peggy would know about Mike... they know about the gang war with KC because of Lou, but how they'd get Mike's hotel I just don't know. Maybe we'll find out.

I love Lou so much. Also, I never got why people found Patrick Wilson attractive before, but doggone if I don't find him all kinds of sexy as Lou Solverson.

• Love 8

When Floyd was burying her husband, she also buried something of Rye's. Was it just clothing? What happened to Rye's remains? Even though the butcher shop burned down, that would have been a lot of "Rye-burger" to dispose of.  I've been dreading the shot of customers buying him by the pound. Eeeks!  Or maybe I missed what Ed did with it.

• Love 1