Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Stitched Up Sisters

OnceSane

In the Season 2 finale, Dr. Dubrow keeps it all in the family when he performs full-body work on a pair of codependent sisters. Meanwhile, Dr. Nassif operates on a large man with an even larger nose; and the doctors meet a corset-wearing YouTube star.

Corset lady pretty much said on air that she was doing this to increase interest in her youtube channel.  So there's our major fame seeker of the week.  what a surprise that they didn't do surgery on her.

I enjoyed the nose job guy.  They showed very little of him.  I guess they didn't think he made for great TV.  I appreciated that he did not want a tiny nose.  He was happy to get the nose he would have had if it had never been broken.  As always, Dr. Nassif did a good job of giving him what he wanted.  I like that he will create "ethnic" noses.  That is, he doesn't feel the need to give everyone a cookie cutter, generic nose.   

I found the sisters unpleasant.  They were just too much to deal with.  When the one sister said they were always the girls with the pretty faces who were heavy, I thought, um, not so fast there Sparky.  They weren't bad looking but they weren't the prettiest girls at the dance.  

• Love 5

i liked this episode. Near "normal" people for a change, with the exception of the corset wearer. Not people who had undergone some type of unrealistic surgery taht needed to be fixed (calling the huge boob jobs that we usually see.)

The sisters were fine. I think their remark about being "pretty faces" was sort of like how people used to refer to a heavy or unattractive woman or man as "but s/he has a GREAT PERSONALITY."  Anyway, I got what they were saying, maybe they just didn't phrase it the best.

I'm glad they fixed the guy's nose. Wow. I took one look at the schnoz on his mother. Apple didn't fall far from the tree. I'm happy that they were comfortable in their skin and weren't seeking an outcome that wouldn't work with his facial structure.

Could Dr. Nassif loosen up just a bit? I don't mean unfiltered OTT like Terry, but he has zilch sense of humor.

I hope they change up the format next season because the weekly "no" is getting tiresome.  You can always spot the No Way they get surgery ones every week.  

I wonder why this episode had so much of the sisters?  I didn't care much about them or the backstory...the highlights on one of them was so distracting.  Did she go to the salon for that look?

• Love 3

I hope they change up the format next season because the weekly "no" is getting tiresome.  You can always spot the No Way they get surgery ones every week.  

I wonder why this episode had so much of the sisters?  I didn't care much about them or the backstory...the highlights on one of them was so distracting.  Did she go to the salon for that look?

Agreed.  The "no" people are consistently those who could use a psychiatrist more than a plastic surgeon.

The sisters were more pitiful to me than interesting.  There's something behind that extreme attachment, but they weren't interesting enough for me to want to know what.

• Love 2

The guy with the nose was the best/most real/least annoying this episode, and they did spend the least amount of time on him. I feel for him, after 25 years of not being able to breathe through his nose knowing what that is like again. And wishing he hadn't waited so long.

I also wish they'd alter the formula, and send the ones who need therapy to 5-10 sessions before they're allowed an onscreen consultation.

• Love 2

They really seem to be stretching for material -- the docs must have reduced their availability for filming, or they're just shooting more episodes and their availability hasn't increased.  

We get more and more minutes of the clients discussing their issue with their families, announcing that they're going to have the surgeries done, then the extended reveals at the end.  I skip them all.  I don't care that you tell your mom in front of the camera at the restaurant that you're going to have x,y,z done.  I presume she knows because there's a freakin' camera crew there and you probably gave her a heads up as to why.  Similarly, I don't need to see your friends sitting around a table in somebody's yard saying "wow, she's always been self conscious about ___ - I hope the doctors have really helped her and she can move on now" followed by the "Hellooooo! look at me! I'm way too dressed up for where we are, but we're all on the tee vee!" scene. 

I do like seeing them stoned for the preop scenes and when they waddle in post surgical day 1.

• Love 3

Seriously, most of the "reveals" are such ridiculous setups. Your mom who took care of you after the surgery didn't see you for the next five weeks until you strutted into the Olive Garden, where there just happened to be cameras? Okay.

Just show us slow-motion split-screen before-and-after shots without a theater production's amount of makeup on the patient's face.

• Love 5