Type keyword(s) to search

Rizzoli and Isles in the Media

"I'm a big believer that you can't just say something to the audience and say, 'Kidding!'" Nash says.

It's television; of course you can, especially if the idea your predecessor set up is a shitty one.

I'll watch the memorial for Frost, and then I'm out.

• Love 1

After reading that article, it is clear to me that both Sasha and Angie are happy to see Janet Tamaro gone or is no longer in charge of the show. Her name was not even brought up by Angie or Sasha. I also get the feeling that both Sasha and Angie have more freedom to give their input. I dont think Janet Tamaro ever allowed that.

I do think they will lose viewers based on what Jan Nash said that the show will not go there because Jane and Maura are just best friends.

I am a shipper of their friendship but I can understand how those shipppers of a romantic relationship between them will stop watching.

Have I already said how much I love Sasha? lol.

Thanks for the articles. 

I am not particularly happy about Maura taking a backseat in the first half of the season, Not happy at all. I am also not thrilled that we won't see Hope or any of her family. I have a feeling this season will all be about Jane and her pregnancy and her family. I love Jane but its quite nauseating when you have Frankie, Angela and then Tommy. 

(edited)

I know that Angie is more known name on television but this show is called "Rizzoli & Isles" and it would not work if Sasha didn't play Maura Isles.

But it's quite irritating as a Sasha fan when you see Angie doing rounds on all these talk shows and we don't see Sasha at all. When the show began they used to do media rounds together but the last three seasons especially last season and this season, I see Angie doing most of it. She even rang in the bell at the stock market. Really? 

Edited by IndependentMind

Angie does press b/c she asked to do so in support of the show a.k.a her job. 

Sasha did press as well. Online interviews which is very popular now b/c of the popularity of social media a.k.a twitter. Sasha was also on The Ellen DeDeneres Show days before the premiere.  Sasha and Maura will be present, not like she's taking a break. It's all good. In my opinion at least.

• Love 2

I took it that Sasha's backseat didn't necessarily mean less of Sasha (and I hope that), but rather the story arc would be around Angie's role with Sasha adding a lot of lightness. That's my hope anyway. 

(edited)

We shall see. So far, I am not liking what I have read about this upcoming season regarding Maura except the new boyfriend part.

Sasha used to do more talk show appearances but so far she has only done "Ellen" while Angie has done two others and rang the bell at the Stock Market.

The baby drama seems to be what the season will be about if they really do decide to go through with it. And I am already cringing at the thought of Casey coming back.

A fan asked regarding Casey and it seems the actor is filming around the world. But he did say that he is trying to see if his schedule will free up and he does think that it will possible. I am feeling nauseated at the thought of this.

Don't get me wrong I like Angie but in my opinion there serms to be an imbalance as far as promotion goes and it makes it seems like Angie is the main star. Just my opinion.

Or maybe Sasha likes it this way because she can just film and then go home to her family abd not have to do extra stuff.

Edited by IndependentMind

Don't get me wrong I like Angie but in my opinion there serms to be an imbalance as far as promotion goes and it makes it seems like Angie is the main star. Just my opinion.

I am pretty sure that Angie Harmon is doing most of the PR because she was a popular model who was on Baywatch and then Law and Order so a lot of people recognize her which means that entertainment shows are more likely to book her than her less recognizable co-star.

'Rizzoli & Isles' Guest Star Enver Gjokaj Dishes on His Love Connection

YAHOO:  Maura and Jane have such a strong friendship. Is Jack going to get in the middle of that?

ENVER G:  Jack isn't really aware of that character yet. As the episodes go along, he's starting to get an idea that she has this other life. I'm interested as an actor to see where they go with that, once he realizes there's this major thing that competes for her time and attention. So far, in the stuff I've shot, he's getting clued into that, so we'll see where that goes. ...

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-rizzoli-and-isles--guest-star-enver-gjokaj-dishes-on-his-love-connection-200907396.html

How could Maura Isles be attracted to such a clueless man?  I'm not looking forward to Professor Jack Keystone on R&I.  Jane Rizzoli, get ready to do some cockblocking!

Don't know where to put this info so I'll post it here and tag it spoiler!

Info on EP 509: "Jane works from her hospital room as she, with Maura's and her family's support, seeks to recover from a devastating loss."

Not shocked, just wondering which episode it would be. 

Surprised. Surprised. Sasha was on both "The Today Show" and "Kelly and Michael".

Maybe the network or show have read rants about how we hardly ever see her in these shows and all we see is Angie.

I am worried though why TNT haven't renewed the show and we are ready half way. TNT quickly renewed three shows already but not R & I. Maybe both SA and AH are in negotiation for new salary contracts.

"Well, spank me rosy!" - Jack O'Neill, Stargate SG-1, Season 6, Episode 22, Full Circle.

I was positive this series had been Leverage'd.  Of course, I was also positive that Perception would get at least one more season, and that Murder in the First was too much of a one-shot to get picked up.  They did save only three episodes for the "second half", and scheduled them mid-way through February sweeps, to finish after sweeps.

Therefore now is the time for the second series order of The Librarians.

• Love 1
From that article:

...Meanwhile, Reilly is said to be looking for edgier fare as Turner continues to clean house at both TNT and TBS, canceling dramas Franklin and Bash, Dallas, Perception and comedy Sullivan and Son.

Rizzoli joins a roster of new and returning dramas at TNT that includes Falling Skies, The Last Ship, Major Crimes, Legends, Murder in the First, The Librarians, Public Morals, Proof, Agent X and Transporter: The Series....

"Edgier," huh? That doesn't bode well for Major Crimes unless having gay characters is still considered "edgy."