Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/23/15

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Mon Nov 23: S19, E55

Outfits that cost $100 or less; ``3 1/2 Minutes, Ten Bullets''; singer Kimberly Schlapman; hot items at affordable prices.

Tue Nov 24: S19, E56

Hot topics; Alessia Cara performs; Looks for Less week continues.

Wed Nov 25: S19, E57

The winners and runners-up from ``Dancing With the Stars''; Joanie Demer, aka The Krazy Coupon Lady.

Thu Nov 26: S19, E12
(First Aired: Sep. 23, 2015)

Actress Sofía Vergara; actor Anthony Anderson.

Fri Nov 27: S19, E58

Gloria and Emilio Estefan perform (``On Your Feet!''); popular toys with Elizabeth Werner.

• Love 1

Wow. Roughing up a protester wasn't nearly the most offensive thing Trump said over the weekend. The View producers really must want him on if the panel (and the 4am guy) are ignoring all the anti Muslim remarks.

• Love 6

The Whoopster said her brain was more addled than usual because of her cold.  When she & Paula were interviewing Jordan Davis' parents, she tried to think of a question TWICE (in the same 30 seconds) & came up empty.  What the hell???  She sounded terrible & I'm wondering why she was even there today.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2

I appreciated Joy bringing up the country radio issue during the interview with the LBT singer to give it more attention. I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard it talked about on The View, but country’s current problem with women has been pissing me off for several years now. I don’t know when or why it started either, considering there were so many women in country in the ‘90s when I was growing up. If your name's not Miranda or Carrie, you're not even allowed to sing full songs on the CMAs these days.

They brought up Trump’s response to the BLM protestor, but I thought for sure they were about to talk about the false crime statistics he posted. Probably tomorrow then.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 3

Whoopi is sick or hungover or something. Even more addled than usual, but I do agree with her that being loud is the only way to get attention sometimes. CCB just doesn't like any protesting at anything anywhere ever.

What would Candace say about the civil rights movement in the 60's?  Black people were causing disruptions by not accepting their oppressed status in this country..She would probably tell Black people to go in a room and pray the racism and the Jim crow laws away...She  is not as calculating as Elizabeth but there is something disingenuous about her....I cannot warm up to her....

• Love 8

The Whoopster said her brain was more addled than usual because of her cold.  When she & Paula were interviewing Jordan Davis' parents, she tried to think of a question TWICE (in the same 30 seconds) & came up empty.  What the hell???  She sounded terrible & I'm wondering why she was even there today.

I thought she was about to ask him an insensitive question.  Something along the lines of what did her son do other than playing music too loudly.  I hope I am wrong but it sure sounded like she stopped herself.  

^ I suspect so. She did end the segment with, "Just remember--this could happen to any of your children! Black, white, Asian," yah, yah, yah. Trying to divert the fact that this was specifically about white-on-black racism. I don't know why they had her there of all co-hosts.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 1

OMG .... I'm such a happy camper!!!  She's out the door in the middle of the Presidential election.  They really must hate her!!  LOL.

ETA:  Also posted in Former Hosts:  Professional Life after The View.

She, sooooooooo did not decide to do this!  Love it.  Between the lines is screaming they asked her to leave.  This, of all times, is not when someone steps out of the news. This is the most loaded and entertaining election to cover.  

• Love 5

I thought she was about to ask him an insensitive question.  Something along the lines of what did her son do other than playing music too loudly.  I hope I am wrong but it sure sounded like she stopped herself.  

That would mean that she actually gives some thought to what she says.  I don't give her that much credit.  There was nothing on her blue cards or the teleprompter, so she was on her own & couldn't think of a question.  Edited to add:  I really don't think The Whoopster can identify with "the little people", other than uttering the standard platitudes.  Just saying'.

One thing that occurred to me was that "the parents" don't seem to be "together".

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1

Paula is a good sport and participates in all the silly shopping and cooking segments. CCB does not eat or drink anything if she can help it. Reminds me of Elisabeth, until she started getting a lot of flack about it on social media. And then all of a sudden she had celiac disease and that's why she couldn't eat. Except for the times they had chefs who made her a gluten free version. And she still wouldn't eat.

Whoopi is sick a lot! I've never seen anyone have so many colds. She should get that checked out.

• Love 7

Paula is a good sport and participates in all the silly shopping and cooking segments. CCB does not eat or drink anything if she can help it. Reminds me of Elisabeth, until she started getting a lot of flack about it on social media. And then all of a sudden she had celiac disease and that's why she couldn't eat. Except for the times they had chefs who made her a gluten free version. And she still wouldn't eat.

Whoopi is sick a lot! I've never seen anyone have so many colds. She should get that checked out.

Maybe a bong needs to be sanitized once in a while???

• Love 12

What is with Raven? When they started talking about narcissists, she was hostile when Paula asked if she thinks all narcissists know they are one. “I don’t know, Paula, do you?” Grow up. That combined with the way she acted with the musical guest, it’s clear why she’s sitting in Sherri’s old chair.

Still, the narcissist topic was gold, what with Whoopi ham-fisting her book in there and Raven constantly declaring, “Well, even I do that!” That’s because you’re a narcissist! She’s not self-aware at all. Maybe that’s why she was upset with Paula—Paula was implying she was a narcissist who didn’t know it (and she’d be right!)?

• Love 9

Bure does have a nice figure but that outfit was ugly and looked ridiculous. It was weird, however, to go from this panel to the Sharon Stone interview with Michelle there. They have so many hosts now that it took me a few minutes to even notice the panel (and all their outfits) changed. A couple of co-hosts could disappear and I wouldn't even notice. I think that's what they were going for.

• Love 5

While I like and appreciate that Paula doesn't fear Whoopi, BUT...

NO, Paula, Trump is not "reaching out" or "going for the Veterans" with his outright lying about his seeing and watching "thousands and thousands of muslims" cheering the fall of the Twin Towers. What he's doing is FEAR MONGERING.  If you don't know what the means, go Google it or look it up in the dictionary.

Glad that Joy finally said it. I would have preferred if that's the first thing she said instead of "scapegoating" but at least it was put out there.

And shut up, Candace. NOW you're looking at other Republican candidates? I thought Trump was your guy? You know the one who will take action?

And I don't remember if it was yesterday's or it could have been last week, but Candace can just go into the green room or her dressing room and take a FUCKING SEAT. And pull out a dictionary, or Google about what the word Protest actually means. It is not someone or a group sitting meekly and quietly, waiting for their "chance" or "place" to say what they want or protest.  Civil Disobedience means not raising your hands to fight or use weapons when being attacked, you fucking maroon.  It doesn't mean you don't speak out when there is an injustice, or fearmongering or blatant lying to get idiots and maroons all riled up. Or go read a history book.  We didn't get our Freedom from the Brits back in the 18th century by being passive.

And I am not going to have anything to say about Trump that Blowhard because I won't be watching it or wasting my time that can be better spent on watching something I like and/or enjoy.

• Love 13

Oh SHUT UP RAVEN!

I was a Girl Scout, and I had badges for fire building, and all that other stuff that the boys do as well; except for fishing. I don't remember having to do that. But you know what? I got to do rockclimbing, fishing, back packing when I was in high school when I joined the Outdoor Club.

And yes, the proudest thing I was and am about being a Girl Scout? THE COOKIES! I'm with Whoopi on that. We made and still make some of the BEST COOKIES. Girl Scouts don't need any better PR, so you can shut it too, Paula.

Did I miss it? I'm still waaaaaiting for Joy to do a "So Whaat? Who caaaarrres?". Just because.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6

I barely made it half a school year in the Brownies part of The Girl Scouts. I was so bored and then I did what was needed for a badge and they never gave it to me so I asked my Mom if I could stop because I wasn't having fun and it was nothing like I thought it would be. The meetings were in a room at school and we only took one outing to a nursing home once which was for the badge I qualified for but but never got. Seems like a lot of us didn't have out troop time go well.

• Love 1

Trump as President scares me as much as Putin.  I don't trust either not to lose their cool and hit the Nuke button.  

But it's scary that the ones running are all not fit, imho.  Not even the Dems have put up a candidate I'm comfortable with.  I would take Bill Clinton back any day if the Constitution allowed it.  

• Love 2

The discussion about Scouts brought back painful memories for me.  Back then they only let you stay in the troup if you got the badges.  Since I couldn't swim or ride a bike, I was finally kicked out when I had gotten all the other badges that were available.  I've always thought that wasn't very fair for a group that was supposed to support girl power...

When I was a Girl Scout, my mother withdrew me after she witnessed another girl get kicked out in front of the whole troop because her family couldn't afford the dues. Not a fan. Go Mom!

I barely made it half a school year in the Brownies part of The Girl Scouts. I was so bored and then I did what was needed for a badge and they never gave it to me so I asked my Mom if I could stop because I wasn't having fun and it was nothing like I thought it would be. The meetings were in a room at school and we only took one outing to a nursing home once which was for the badge I qualified for but but never got. Seems like a lot of us didn't have out troop time go well.

I'm sorry y'all had bad experiences.  I'm just grateful that mine was a good experience; I got to make new friends and learn cool new things. We even went to this one place, can't recall, but we dressed up in 18th century clothing and churned butter, and other stuff and made home made ice cream.  I suppose for someone who was a victim of bullies, I'm grateful for the Girl Scouts.

But my issue with Raven and Paula is what they said and the assumptions they made and what they think is the right solution.

Frankly, when I saw this piece, again, my mind went to The Brady Bunch when Marcia wanted to be treated equally and joined the scouts or whatever, and in retaliation Greg made Peter dress as the Sunflower Girl. As if that would get Marcia all mad and quit. And in the end, it was for the principal. That girls shouldn't be excluded from "boy stuff." 

See clip for example:

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

What was the study or press piece Whoopi and later Raven were referring to in introducing the narcissism topic? I can imagine that both of them have been rude to waiters. Probably by definition most celebrities are narcissists, right? What were the other traits Raven mentioned? IMO Whoopi is the most narcissistic of the group.

• Love 3

I just watched it. I kind of don't blame Candace for taking off that ugly cape. Where are you supposed to wear those capes. My idea of a cape is a warm and lovely outer garment, perhaps with a furry hood. Those looked like Halloween costumes. Did I miss something?

• Love 1

Sorry for all the bad experiences with the Scouts. I was a ten-year Girl Scout and loved it - new experiences, camping, etc. Then I worked at the national HQ in New York as my first job, where they unabashedly hired handicapped people, minorities, lesbians, and promoted women from within. This was pretty heady stuff in the 1970s, before EEOC, at a time when women still needed their husbands' permission to open a checking account, and gay bars had blacked-out windows. Unlike the Boy Scouts, the organization's official policy doesn't discriminate against gay or transgender girls/leaders, and prides itself on being open to all. Our local Chicago Council recently posted on its Facebook page, "We're more concerned with breaking glass ceilings than fitting into glass slippers." I am very proud to have been affiliated with such an empowering organization.

Don't change a thing, Girl Scouts. You're doing just fine.

• Love 10

Boy scouts are more outdoorsy than most girl scout troops. A friend of mine became a girl scout leader after her daughter complained that the prior leader only wanted to do crafts, like making bracelets. Boy scouts (not cub scouts) do a lot of camping, hiking, biking, etc., while girl scout troops differ in activities, depending on the leaders. I've known a couple families where the girls were envious of all the cool stuff their brothers got to do with scouts. My friend stepped up and became a leader so her daughter and friends had opportunities to do the rugged stuff.

That said, boy scout troops are for boys age 11 up to their 18th birthday. At those ages, there is some value to separating kids by gender. Especially on overnight campouts.

• Love 3

I missed it too.  Can someone give the context for massjority?   Oh Raven, worth 50 million and can't read a book.  

Raven was all excited, I think about Trump, & was trying to say many people & conflated the two words.  The worst part .... she didn't even skip a beat!!!  LOL.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2

Both Paula and Candace need to just shut up. They are both sounding like skipping records, saying the same thing over and over again, about how Obama is failing, that WE need to do something, put boots on the ground.  Find something new or shut up.

And egads, I'm siding with Whoopi again, about how other countries need to step it up, and how about this, why do WE need to do it all?

And I'll shut up now, because what I want to say it totally off topic.

No interest in the hosts' sex lives and SHUT UP, Candace, about her snark that Joy was jealous of her and Paula's sex lives. Just ewww. At least Whoopi threw in that Joy has been married for a couple of years now. I'd like to think that she mentioned married (since we all know she and Steve have been together for 30 years) so as not to offend Candace's delicate and fragile sensibilities.

Oh goodie. That last 13 minutes interrupted by some special report, which I don't care for, because it's a lot of blathering about how the republican candidates "feeeeeel" about ground troops. Nor do I need to see whatever it was that was being bombed. UGH.

I think I'll go and pick up my cooked turkey. (Don't Judge! No energy to cook the thing what with chemo and being alone. So while I'm not cooking that, I will be makin' mashed 'taters, stuffing, and oornbread souffle).

• Love 10

Poor Whoopi - an Oscar, Emmy, Tony, and Grammy and NO TABLE MANNERS.  I am disgusted by watching her try to moderate with a mouth full of food. Absolutely sickening in anyone, but particularly on a nationally televised show.

I did laugh when they were saying how rude it was of them to be chowing down (I made a typo and said "cowing down," which may be more accurate) in front of the audience and the audience burst into applause.

• Love 8

I missed the first round of hot topics--did they talk about Trump again?

They've had only one of Michelle and Raven at the table since Candace started regularly last week. I'm fine with it. I'll take Michelle over Raven if one has to be fired, but I'm sure TPTB would go with name value. I laughed at Paula's "Ministry Time." LOL Of course Raven and Whoopi had sourfaces, but they always look that way unless they're speaking or someone's kissing their behinds. Candace seems nice enough, but I don't think she's much better at this than Raven. Even during fluff topics, she's a wet blanket.

I probably wouldn't have made the woman pay for my countertop either if I was Joy. It was clearly an accident, and if it broke that easy, it's hard to see it as the woman's fault. I wonder why the show's moving to Sunday. So, two episodes this week?

• Love 2

I just want to thank everyone for their posts.  It's on here in a few minutes, and I always know what I'm in store for and can laugh as I remember comments on this board.  It helps if I am  yelling at the TV!  

Edited by mongoose
  • Love 9