Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Baby, It's Cold Outside

thewhiteowl

Brava, Shonda. I take back all most of the trash I've talked about this show. Olivia and Fitz' breakup was epic and they said everything many of the fans have been saying for months if not years. Hope it sticks this time. Anyways, my only complaint is that Rowan is left alive presumably to continue with his evil machinations because why? Because he's not Lazarus? Makes no sense to me and who da fuq cared about this Lazarus anyway? It was just some bogey man who popped up out of blue this season.

The title of this episode, "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is based on a song considered objectionable by many because it's possible to interpret it as being about a man trying to take away a woman's agency over her own body. Shonda showed Mellie and Liv standing up against that in their own ways and I applaud her for it.

I wished that Liv would have told Fitz that she aborted his baby.

I don't. Abortions aren't--or shouldn't be--about revenge, IMO. AFAIC, Fitz never needs to know and I don't ever want to see Olivia fling that news in his face.

an abortion with "Silent Night" playing over the scene. (Damn Shonda! You wrong?

Yeah, that gave me pause too. Shonda went all in. It must be a testament to the power she has at ABC.

It's as though Shonda read the complaints here and had Liv spew them all.

Perhaps but I'm not mad at her if she did do that. It seems to me that most of this season with Fitz finally divorcing Mellie and Liv moving into the WH as Fitz' public girlfriend and ersatz First Lady was fan service for the Olitzers. Turn about, fair play.

Even in the 1960s, Jackie Kennedy came and went as she pleased.

And not always with her husband, if you know what I mean. She probably wasn't in JFK's league though.

you didn't see anything to lead you to believe that she was pregnant,

There's been speculation since several episodes back that Liv might be pregnant, largely based on looser clothing she was wearing. (Yet she kept drinking...) The only thing about it that made me wonder was Liv gulping the wine at the end. She should have been on pain killers after her procedure and consuming alcohol would not be a good idea.

I'll be looking forward to seeing where the second half of the season goes now that the key characters basically have a clean slate to work from.

• Love 1

And in Scandal Land we just had Olivia parading around the Oval barking out orders and helping people defect.

That was last week - this week she is hand delivering fresh baked cookies as FedEx apparently doesn't exist in Scandal land.

• Love 3

And Becky (a teenager) on Friday Night Lights, although they didn't show it. She did say she had one, and it was clear from the aftermath that she'd had one. And I don't watch Grey's, but didn't Sandra Oh's character have one?

There was also a teenage character on Parenthood that had one, the girlfriend of a main character.

I'm trying to determine how much time was supposed to have passed between last week's episode and this one. I know for us it was just one week, but based on all the magazine covers and events we saw in the montage of Liv acting like the first lady, it looked like it has probably been a few months. Plenty of time for her to have found out she was pregnant and make the appointment to have an abortion without us having to see that all happen. As for her not acting like it was an agonizing decision, it isn't an agonizing decision for everyone. Liv has never said nor given the impression that she wants to have children, so I didn't find it surprising at all-- being with Fitz wouldn't necessarily change that for her. And I respect Shonda and the writers for not bringing up the abortion during the breakup.

Edited by marny
  • Love 4

Any chance that Olivia didn't go through with the abortion? She didn't seem to be in discomfort at all and we never saw the suction tubes connected. Yes, she consumed alcohol but one night of drinking has really no tetragenic effects on a fetus. I think she's still pregnant and going to raise it on her own terms. Jake has nothing to do now and they can play house together.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3

The fillerbuster was pretty good, but felt like Shonda was stealing from West Wing.

I felt the same way--but I think the WW did it better because there was a more complete story behind that filibuster...the man had an autistic grandson...

Anyway,  still can't stand B6whatever, shut up Jake,  suck it, Fitz, David, get your head out of your ass and Veep:  You go girl!  I hate that she's so naive but I love her. 

ETA2nd Thoughts:   Good point about the women's rights, shantown.  "Stealing" is a strong word...I think I was just reminded of the similar plot on WW.  So I compared the two.  

Edited by gryphon
  • Love 1

I was curious about the VP's sudden appearance in the Senate, and, while conceding the plot requirements, I offer this quote from the Wiki article on the duties of the Vice President:

Except for this tie-breaking role, the Standing Rules of the Senate vest no significant responsibilities in the vice president. Rule XIX, which governs debate, does not authorize the vice president to participate in debate, and grants only to members of the Senate (and, upon appropriate notice, former presidents of the United States) the privilege of addressing the Senate, without granting a similar privilege to the sitting vice president.

Of course, if I had to piss like a racehorse, it wouldn't bother me one whit who spoke in my favor or in my place.

So, I was confused by the timeline of this episode.  Mellie had to filibuster until Midnight and Liv said she "had something to do."  As the filibuster was ending, Liv was checking in at the clinic (midnight?).  After the procedure, she returned to the White House, broke up with Fitz, moved home AND had a couch delivered.  Am I right that all of this seems to have taken place in the early-morning hours of Christmas Day?

• Love 1

They don't have astronaut diapers in Shondaland?

Mellie decided to filibuster on a whim, so she wasn't prepared. That's why Cyrus didn't think she'd finish out the filibuster: most people decide to do it in advance, and wear Depends and comfy shoes.

• Love 2

Mellie decided to filibuster on a whim, so she wasn't prepared. That's why Cyrus didn't think she'd finish out the filibuster: most people decide to do it in advance, and wear Depends and comfy shoes.

At least Mellie wasn't wearing roller skates (Leslie Knope on Parks & Recreation)

• Love 4

I'm trying to determine how much time was supposed to have passed between last week's episode and this one. I know for us it was just one week, but based on all the magazine covers and events we saw in the montage of Liv acting like the first lady, it looked like it has probably been a few months.

I'm confused about the time line too - and it almost feels like an episode was skipped.  But last week, weren't there Christmas decorations up, and also this week?  So...at most a month?  I think I remember Christmas decorations from last week - but someone correct me if I am wrong - it wouldn't be the first time.

Also last week, at the very end, we had really creepy Fitz - (someone here mentioned Kathleen Bates in Misery) - and yet this week, he was no more creepy than he normally is.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 2

Real talk: No way would any reasonable woman wrap up in a white wool throw immediately after an abortion.

Legit LOL.

The writers didn't choose to have Olivia tell President Passive Aggressive about the abortion so they can milk it for the next half season, or more, no?

I agree with everyone that the timeline on all this is wonky. More clarification on how much time had passed between last week's "I'm not ready for it to be over" and this week's def con five/abortion/blowing everything up would have been nice and not too hard to accomplish. I think they tried a bit with the full on holiday theme, but it wasn't enough. 

I don't know what's going on between Susan, David and Lizzy Bear and I only care that Susan doesn't get hurt but she probably will be. 

• Love 2

I'm confused about the time line too - and it almost feels like an episode was skipped.  But last week, weren't there Christmas decorations up, and also this week?  So...at most a month?  I think I remember Christmas decorations from last week - but someone correct me if I am wrong - it wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah, there was definitely a Christmas tree up last episode.

• Love 1

I felt the same way--but I think the WW did it better because there was a complete story behind that filibuster...the man had an autistic grandson...

I mean, the fact that she is a woman talking about women's rights regarding health care kinda made sense...

• Love 2

Shonda wasn't ripping off The West Wing, unless anyone thinks the real world was ripping off The West Wing, since the filibuster plot was taken straight out of Wendy Davis doing the same thing to try to protect women's reproductive rights in Texas last year.

Besides, everyone knows Shonda does all her stealing for this show from Alias....

Edited by TheOtherOne
  • Love 14

Yeah, there was definitely a Christmas tree up last episode.

So assuming that even in Shonda Land, Christmas trees go up at Thanksgiving or shortly thereafter, barely a month has gone by between the two episodes - assuming last night's was Christmas Eve.  Really, it's even less time, because last week ended with Huck and Daddy in the warehouse or wherever they were, and last night they were still there.

The whole thing just defies logic even from a show not generally known for being logical!

(I think what I'm really mad about was that I was binge watching Season 2 of Downton Abbey and I stopped for Scandal). : )

Edited by mwell345

So assuming that even in Shonda Land, Christmas trees go up at Thanksgiving or shortly thereafter, barely a month has gone by between the two episodes - assuming last night's was Christmas Eve.  Really, it's even less time, because last week ended with Huck and Daddy in the warehouse or wherever they were, and last night they were still there.

That's right I didn't even think of that. Maybe that part of the episode is in a different time zone than the Olitz stuff? I mean when did all those magazine with Olivia on the cover come out?

"Oh, Fitz, Fitz, you are blind. It wasn't a miscarriage. It was an abortion. An abortion, Fitz. Just like our relationship is an abortion. Something that's unholy and evil. I didn't want your son, Fitz! I wouldn't bring another one of your sons into this world! It was an abortion, Fitz! It was a son Fitz! A son! And I had it killed because this must all end!

Perfect.

• Love 4

Also, in Shondaland, the news is more concerned about a woman's pee pee than what she's saying. Thank you, show, for the scatological shit?

Huh? It's was making of new channels and the dumb shit they focus. Which is a real thing.

• Love 4

Three things that amused me while I was watching this:

• Those two anchors talking about how long Mellie could last before having to pee.
  • Mellie reading through the breakdown of spending (well, that was funny but also aggravating)
  • Fitz being all alone on Christmas

I also liked the brief Olivia/Mellie scene – and that Liv helped Mellie get a pee break. I was oddly touched by that.

Olivia without Fitz, sipping a glass of wine and with a smile on her face? And Mellie - also Fitz-free - enjoying Christmas with her kids? Long may it continue!

• Love 7

I know some people might say that it was heavy handed to have Mellie filibustering on behalf of Planned Parenthood might be heavy handed but I think it drove home that you never know when you might need their services.

I think what Mellie did was EXACTLY in character.  When was she not tough?  When she lost her son.  Otherwise, she has been tough, tenacious, smart and sadly - in love with the wrong man.  I was not a teeny tiny bit surprised that she went there and I thought it quite brilliant when she talked about being a Republican (which, I have to say, many women who are Republicans support Planned Parenthood - it's Fitz who does not behave most of the time as any Republican I've ever known - could we have show sometime that depicted a Republican who was a GOOD president?  But I digress.)  and then noted how that guy getting in her face pissed her off so much that she - went for it.  I think that was right in character.

OK.  It's true.  I LOVE HER.

The whole premise made no sense.  First of all, she's immediately accepted by the press and public and we have Saint Olivia with cookies on the cover of magazines, and being asked for recipes by dinner guests.

So.....exactly why does she get an abortion?  She doesn't want to bring another Fitz into the world?  Or she doesn't want to be tied to the role of First Lady because she's bored?

How about - "She didn't want to have a child for a whole bunch of complex reasons."???  Isn't that what choice means?  Does choice mean - please explain your choice to me before I decide I'm okay with it?

• Love 12

Any chance that Olivia didn't go through with the abortion? She didn't seem to be in discomfort at all and we never saw the suction tubes connected. Yes, she consumed alcohol but one night of drinking has really no tetragenic effects on a fetus. I think she's still pregnant and going to raise it on her own terms. Jake has nothing to do now and they can play house together.

In my opinion, no way did she not have it. Shonda totally did it for shock value and to go with the theme of the episode of Planned Parenthood and a woman's right to choose. Having it all be a fake out and having Olivia not go through with it would be pretty shitty.

The writers didn't choose to have Olivia tell President Passive Aggressive about the abortion so they can milk it for the next half season, or more, no?

You know it'll come out just as Fitz and Olivia are working their way back to being together and you know Fitz is gonna be so awful about it. He'll rival Owen Hunt's grossness when Cristina had her abortion.

Shonda wasn't ripping off The West Wing, unless anyone thinks the real world was ripping off The West Wing, since the filibuster plot was taken straight out of Wendy Davis doing the same thing to try to protect women's reproductive rights in Texas last year.

I was gonna say, that was totally Wendy Davis inspired, complete with the whole internet watching on livestreams and hashtagging #IStandWithMellie

• Love 1

I also liked the brief Olivia/Mellie scene – and that Liv helped Mellie get a pee break. I was oddly touched by that.

Although Liv probably did ask Susan to help Mellie out, I would have loved it more if Susan decided to help Mellie out all on her own. Because Susan Ross is that awesome.

• Love 4

In my opinion, no way did she not have it. Shonda totally did it for shock value and to go with the theme of the episode of Planned Parenthood and a woman's right to choose.

In this situation, I think the shock value would be Olivia not going through with the abortion. An abortion is inline with Oliva's character.
  • Love 4
Yes, she consumed alcohol but one night of drinking has really no tetragenic effects on a fetus. I think she's still pregnant and going to raise it on her own terms.

But it wasn't one night of drinking, I don't think. After her doctor visit she immediately went and drank some of Mellie's hideaway hootch and then later (which likely wasn't the same day because probably not even Amazon Prime can deliver a new couch that fast--and during the holiday rush no less) she was into her usual bowl of wine. Plus, she's been seen drinking all along this season. Unless she only recently got pregnant (or only recently found out) I think her alcohol consumption has been rather irresponsible. I can't see Shonda or Kerry being okay with sending such an approving message. This isn't Mad Men.

More clarification on how much time had passed between last week's "I'm not ready for it to be over" and this week's def con five/abortion/blowing everything up would have been nice and not too hard to accomplish.

Absolutely. It may have been left vague deliberately though. I hope not and I hope SR didn't pull a bait and switch with the abortion. AFAIC, the last thing Olivia needs right now is to be having Fitz' baby. They're both still too damaged and a baby shouldn't be made responsible for fixing them or distracting them from their real and deep problems.

Ugh, via this thread I just realized that Wendy Davis was probably wearing an adult diaper when she did her filibuster. I did not need to have that awareness...

Edited by Oblique Angle

There's been speculation since several episodes back that Liv might be pregnant, largely based on looser clothing she was wearing. (Yet she kept drinking...) The only thing about it that made me wonder was Liv gulping the wine at the end. She should have been on pain killers after her procedure and consuming alcohol would not be a good idea.

Real Talk: The only pain killer they would have given her is aspirin right after the procedure. A glass of wine, or even Mellie's moonshine wouldn't have been that big of a deal hours later. 

• Love 2

Real Talk: The only pain killer they would have given her is aspirin right after the procedure. A glass of wine, or even Mellie's moonshine wouldn't have been that big of a deal hours later.

Olivia got a midnight Christmas abortion and a couch delivered in an hour. Certainly she does to physicians that will prescribe something stronger. Opiates and benzos for Ms. Pope.
  • Love 1

Omigod. Best episode of the SERIES!!! YES SHONDA!!!! YES MELLIE! YES OLIVIA!! YES SUSAN ROSS! YES FITZ!!! YEEEEES HUCK!!! YES EVERYONE!!! DAMN. Damn. I am here for Huck draaaaagging Rowan everyday all day like..... I am here for Susan coming in like the Cavalry, I am here for Liv orchestrating it. I am here for Liv aborting that baby and choosing herself, I am here for Liv cheering on Mellie and I am here for MELLIE!!!!! Damn, just damn! Been waiting years for that episode!!!

• Love 1

Three things that amused me while I was watching this:

• Those two anchors talking about how long Mellie could last before having to pee.
  • Mellie reading through the breakdown of spending (well, that was funny but also aggravating)
  • Fitz being all alone on Christmas

Olivia without Fitz, sipping a glass of wine and with a smile on her face? And Mellie - also Fitz-free - enjoying Christmas with her kids? Long may it continue!

Hear hear!!

It's Thanksgiving and Christmas and my birthday rolled up into one! Best episode of Scandal ever! Goodbye Olitz!

In addition to the moments that others have already mentioned, I loved that it's in-show canon now that Fitz is lousy at his job. I remember that being brought up in discussion recently; that Fitz looked like a terrible president to many viewers but in the show's universe it didn't seem like he was supposed to be. Well, Olivia's said it now. She called him ineffectual, which, duh. He's never accomplished anything on his own. Don't forget that his signature legislation on policing is only good because Susan Ross made it good - before that, it was a useless bill. Olivia also earlier noted in the episode how crappy the spending bill was.

Speaking of Susan, can she and Mellie run on the same ticket in the next election, with Olivia as campaign manager? The three of them would be a great team.

I laughed at the female senator who refused to help Mellie then trying to get some reflected glory by shaking Mellie's hand, and Mellie not going for it. Mellie already did enough politically in that direction by thanking the Women's Caucus for all their support, when in actuality none of them did a damn thing to help her during the filibuster. No need to shake hands, too.

I'm weirdly fond of Quinn/Charlie, so I was happy when he showed up for her here.

It was great seeing Olivia and Mellie so happy at the end. Being free of Fitz will do that to one! I especially loved that Olivia ended the episode alone rather than with someone else and wasn't bothered by it at all - one can be perfectly happy alone, and happier alone than with someone else. I'm sure she'll be calling Jake soon enough, but she was fine spending Christmas on her own.

And for the love of everything, let that be the last we ever hear about jam and Vermont.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 5

Apparently those were real items that have been put into spending bills.

Yes, especially the Brown Tree Snake spending on Guam.  I lived on Guam for 4 years while I was in the Navy.  Those Brown Tree Snakes would crawl into everything and die.  Big problems for million-dollar military com gear and weapons.

I'm still processing, but I think I loved this episode! Mellies stand for Planned Parenthood was a thing of beauty! The end (for now) of Olitz. The abortion scene. Has there been a protagonist on network tv to get an abortion other than Maude back in the 1970s? That was a bold choice, and I say kudos to Shonda for taking it. There will probably be think pieces about it tomorrow morning.

I actually was spoiled for this episode on my evening commute home by an NPR piece discussing this episode, and they mentioned Christina on Grey's Anatomy had one as well.

It's sad that this is still not something to happen on primetime TV, but I can think of no two characters who I want to see have children together less than Olivia Pope and Fitzgerald Grant. Especially the latter, good lord.

Edited by Anna Yolei
If this is really the end of Olivia and Fitz then I really liked the "Didn't we almost have it all?" conversation.

I thought it was good, too. It was certainly well written and well acted. The problem is Olitz have had similar convos in the past, and I do not believe for one second that this is the end of them.

As for Liv's abortion, I fully co-sign her deciding not to procreate with Fitz. As a matter of fact, there's not one romantic prospect in Liv's life who I do think she should procreate with.

David Rosen was tacky as hell for regifting that bracelet.

Thank you! "Tacky" was the exact word that came out of my mouth. When I saw he was about to give the bracelet to Susan.

I think they use her relationship with the kids to be whatever suits the plot for that episode. And last night, it was to contrast her having the kids and Fitz being alone.

Let's be real: They use MELLIE to suit whatever the given plot requires. It's a testament to Bellamy Young that the character remains compelling despite all the retconning.

I dare say, if Liv was bored, then it was because she is boring.

I know I've always believed that Fitz makes her boring.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 1

In this situation, I think the shock value would be Olivia not going through with the abortion. An abortion is inline with Oliva's character.

It's not shocking that Olivia would have an abortion, it's completely in character. It's the fact that abortions are so very rarely seen on television shows, even now, doing a fake out abortion would be incredibly cheap and weak, in my opinion. I just don't see Shonda doing that at all, she's all about doing the controversial thing and standing by it. Plus, the last thing this show needs is a baby. Teddy is easy enough to keep off screen, Liv having a kid would not.

• Love 2

I don't even know why Olivia would think she could hide a pregnancy if that was the case. Fitz is the President, the only other possibility was head of B613, her father is Spy Organization Jesus and even without all that,she's Olivia friggin' Pope.

The last thing I want to see, narratively, would be badass Olivia Pope making moon eyes at a newborn with the implication that after her extraordinarily life of of success, accomplishment, power, and influence, she's *finally* fulfilled by having a baby. Don't get me wrong--babies are awesome. But it would be beyond out of character for Olivia, who has always been defined by her power and her success, to just took it away for days filled with the joy of sniffing baby head-smell and learning to swaddle. She is a Big Dog.

• Love 3

It's not shocking that Olivia would have an abortion, it's completely in character. It's the fact that abortions are so very rarely seen on television shows, even now, doing a fake out abortion would be incredibly cheap and weak, in my opinion. I just don't see Shonda doing that at all, she's all about doing the controversial thing and standing by it. Plus, the last thing this show needs is a baby. Teddy is easy enough to keep off screen, Liv having a kid would not.

She'd miscarry in a dramatic way.

I don't even know why Olivia would think she could hide a pregnancy if that was the case. Fitz is the President, the only other possibility was head of B613, her father is Spy Organization Jesus and even without all that,she's Olivia friggin' Pope.

She would tell Fitz that the baby is Jake's and Jake is so cuckhold that he'd go along with it.

I truly hope Olitz stays broken up. I think Liv and Fitz make a better couple in business and politics than as people in love. Think about it, the majority of their conversation was about stuff going on in his administration or political party. Very little if ever was about personal issues or fears.

That's the reason that Vermont was just a dream to Liv. We only saw it thru the lens of it being a fantasy option away from what was going on in her real life. She was never going to be happy in a traditional role of wife and mother. She's said as much over the years.

So that being said, please let Olitz be the anti version of Shephard/Grey. They loved and tried in their own way, it didn't work. Move on.

I still didn't get why Jake went home with Papa Pope. Just wasn't overly interested either.

I cracked up when Bryan White's character got shot by Jake. That should be remixed into a gif. Yes, it's my personal dislike off the actor who always plays a jerk. I always want the quintessential anvil to fall on his head in every role. Check out when he got mitch-slapped by Tyler Perry in one of those movies. Here's to hoping his current role on Chicago Fire renders him a crispy critter.

I liked Mellie going for it. She might as well make the most of her elected position.

Susan, please don't EVER change. I love that you fully embraced your position as a windbag and bloviator with a smile.

• Love 1

I actually didn't mind David Rosen re-gifting so much. He would have likely bought the VP something anyway in return for such a fine gift. Let's remember, "Rosen" means he's likely not celebrating the holiday everyone else is, so he made a special trip for the Long Necked Ice Queen and he didn't want it to go to waste. 

Bellamy Young is the MVP. I can buy her as anything and I have to, for this show. Gun-toting Republican? Of course. Planned Parenthood advocate? Amen. Mother who hates babies? Sure. Mom of the Year. Works for me? 

Susan is awesome and wonderful and should be President. Yes, I know she's not ruthless enough, but she's good enough. 

Okay, I don't know what Universe the writers exist in, but in what world would the public fall in love with a home wrecker who "spread her legs to get to the top", in what world would she be accepted into the White House? Mellie and Fitz just lost a son three years older, we see Mellie fall apart and we see Fitz cheat on her in the mean time. People would be openly protesting this moral perversion and I'm not even touching on the racial stuff. 

And the worst thing? In 18 months, they could have been together. In eighteen months, Marine 1 would take her and Grant to Vermont and make Jam and they could drink themselves silly. But Fitz was on the money. Olivia likes a scandal. She likes drama. She liked forbidden. Once that changed, she hated it. 

Shonda has a chance to go back to the awesome writing she had once, and concentrate on Olivia vs the evil world. No Fitz, no B-613, just scandals and fun. 

Pretty please? 

Edited by dungeonwriter
  • Love 9
I cracked up when Bryan White's character got shot by Jake. That should be remixed into a gif. Yes, it's my personal dislike off the actor who always plays a jerk. I always want the quintessential anvil to fall on his head in every role. Check out when he got mitch-slapped by Tyler Perry in one of those movies. Here's to hoping his current role on Chicago Fire renders him a crispy critter.

Awww...but he's so fine.  Plus, he did play the really nice gay boyfriend in the movie "The Family Stone." 

• Love 1

It's the fact that abortions are so very rarely seen on television shows, even now, doing a fake out abortion would be incredibly cheap and weak, in my opinion.

No kidding - so rare that they felt the need to slap a full-screen disclaimer about adult content or some such on the screen right before the episode started. They didn't do that for any of the gruesome torture/murder scenes, or Mellie's rape, or any number of other things I would personally consider far more upsetting than an abortion scene shot quite discreetly.

I actually didn't mind David Rosen re-gifting so much. He would have likely bought the VP something anyway in return for such a fine gift. Let's remember, "Rosen" means he's likely not celebrating the holiday everyone else is, so he made a special trip for the Long Necked Ice Queen and he didn't want it to go to waste. 

I think the bigger problem is what David re-gifted. If he'd gone shopping for Susan on his own, he would not have gotten that bracelet or anything remotely similar for her. Susan's gift to him walked the line perfectly (in fact, I'm surprised how perfectly, since she usually blunders her way around) - she was interested in him but unsure if he felt the same way about her, so while the alcohol was expensive and not just available in all stores everywhere, it's still just alcohol. It indicates some extra trouble on her part, but is still impersonal enough as a category that it's nothing that she couldn't walk back as being intended strictly platonic, meant for someone she considers a good friend. But David gifted her jewelry. Jewelry. Jewelry is not alcohol, when you give jewelry to someone not related to you, the assumption is that it's a romantic gesture. And he bought it as a romantic gesture for Liz, so it's not like he doesn't know. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Now Susan totally thinks he's interested. And she got heart eyes and he somehow was not blinded by the intensity of her beaming gaze.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 8
Guest Levi Rinno

Olivia was actually smiling?  When?  And Mellie had her kids with her?